HILAND DAIRY FOODS Employee Reviews

This is an awesome olace ro work at
Ice Cream Production (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, NEAugust 25, 2018
I had a lot of learning how to put together the machinery that's makes ice cream. I was able to work the freal, machine and package ice cream . It was a messy job but overall it a an experience I will never forget.
Pros
We gad, a freezer with ice cream in the break room that we ckukd ear.
It was a okay job but very under paid an very poorly ran.
Driver Helper (Current Employee) –  Atkins, ARJuly 20, 2018
Poorly ran, the Trucks aren't really kept up, boss isn't communitive, were being lied to, it's a junky business..since my boss passed away a few months ago.
Pros
Cons
Poor trucks
Key Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 10, 2018
I highly recommend working at Hiland Dairy Foods Company. The company's total compensation packages are an industry standard with excellent health care benefits.
too much drama
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 30, 2018
there is too much drama and they do not care enough about there employees. they are more in it for themselves then for anyone else and dont give enough benefits
Pros
some nice people
Cons
management sucks
Hiland Fort Smith Best Place I have ever been
Route Salesman/Driver (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMarch 21, 2018
Management is great, Routes are hard but pay is great. As long as you do your job the bosses leave you alone. Training was great and the guy that trained me was a really good guy. You see the GM and Sales manager all the time. They are really friendly and always looking to help. I would really recommend Hiland to any body looking for a permante rewarding job.
Pros
Pay, People, Retirement
A Moron Runs the Chandler Operation
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chandler, OKFebruary 19, 2018
I worked for a 2nd party who has a contract to haul trailers throughout the state of Oklahoma and surrounding states.
it was one problem after another picking up loaded trailers and dealing with 80% of the staff there, the clown who runs the shipping dept acts like he is president of the United States with a dismissive attitude and a general lack of people skills, he would be better served to go work as a jailer, as that is how he acts.
Pros
Free Stuff
Cons
Morons whoare in senior positions
Great place to work with advancements
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJanuary 23, 2018
Overall, this was a great place to work. In the sales position that I was in, we worked on average 50 hours a week. They will train you and teach you what you need to know for the position that you are in. They were very good at accomadating what was needed for you to be able to do your job to the best of your ability. Management was very good to work with. I would recommend any of the branches or manufacturing facilities to anyone looking for a fun, fast pace, forever changing place to work.
good
Supervisor Carl Shay (Former Employee) –  Humble, TX 77338January 22, 2018
Nice place to work for..I love the people that i worked with,plus the pay is good every week.I loved the hours and they take good care of there workers.
Hard work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJanuary 5, 2018
Good place to grow with but vary stressing at times lots to do at time fast paced but slow at times always be on standby for they will be long shifts.
Great career choice
Director (Current Employee) –  Chandler, OKDecember 15, 2017
If you don't like physical labor and overtime this might not be the job for you however.....you reap what you sow. If you work hard and your a team player advancement will be achievable. If your just wanting a good pay check, benefits to help with family needs and a job you know will always be study...this is also the place to be. Good company, good people (with if course your occasional lazy leach).

Would highly recommend to anyone.
Pros
Great benefits, great pay, great place to work
Cons
Work lots of hours occasionally (maybe not a con)
Poor Management
Route Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 7, 2017
No Work ethic at this branch
Nothing really good to say about this location.

Employees lack of knowledge of their own positions is unbelievable.
Employees do not care for Hiland Dairy...they are just there for
a paycheck.

You have miserable employees, no recognition
Pros
Very good benefits
Cons
Lack of care in the workplace
Cooler Counter (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 15, 2017
A productive place to work, busy would be a word to describe the atmosphere. The plant has a very important job and employees realize that. Overall a good place for employment.
Great benefits and advancement opportunities
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  MissouriNovember 13, 2017
Hiland dairy is a fast paced work environment with opportunities to advance and great benefits. Employment opportunities within the office, in the plant, out in the field (sales and drivers). This job can be stressful as it demands multi-tasking abilities and time management.
Running your butt off and not getting paid
Driver (Former Employee) –  JhonstonNovember 3, 2017
I had to drive 2 hours to the job site when they told me I was going to be near where I live b didn't have papers filled out work two days 24 hours for free they me screwed over
very productive but high strung work environment
Cooler (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJuly 12, 2017
its a fast pace work environment and very high strung. you always have to be on your toes and ready to kick butt all the time.the management was alright but they could definitely improve some.
Pros
pays a lot
Cons
Hard work and a lot of overtime
Has some glaring issues
Driver (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 9, 2017
As a driver with your own route it's a good place, you will work very hard with long days but from personal experience relief work, stay far away from, you will be jerked around more than you will be comfortable with
Pros
Money
Cons
Promises, know your union book it'll help
Good place but it could be great
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 16, 2017
Most employees are good to work with and care about the products produced and their jobs. The culture is a little mixed with some of the management and the union.
A serious business, with a relaxed attitude.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 5, 2017
I had an average of very diverse days, no two being the same. this provided many opportunities for growth and learning. the management team was very diverse and usually relaxed in there approach to the days activities. This provided an environment that allowed for opportunities to tackle different problems on a daily basis, which proved both challenging and enjoyable upon successful completion.
Not a bad place
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Chandler, OKFebruary 6, 2017
The place isn't bad to work at as far as what the work is. I worked with good people and enjoyed what I did; however, I didn't like how they treated you as an employee. Didn't get scheduled lunches or breaks. The company isn't open to suggestions from the people dealing with the every day issues.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Narrow Minded management
aaa
plant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 14, 2016
Not a bad job if you don't mind working in an Hostile work environment....previous comment or review is true if they don't like you they'll find a way to get rid of you