Hilco Transport Employee Reviews

Really good company to work for! You are treated as a family at Hilco.
Safety (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 12, 2019
Great recruiting program as well as new hire orientation that a lot of time and heart is put into. Growing company with job security. Strong management that cares.
May 13, 2019

Thank you for your recent company review. We appreciate feedback as Hilco Transport continues to strive to be a leader in the Transportation Industry.

They work you like a slave and will throw you in the garage
Liquid asphalt and butane tanker (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SCMarch 10, 2019
I worked here for almost 4 years I done my job didn't lay out of work took care of there equipment..they paid me well there insurance is extremely high..if you have any problems no one knows anything.they don't care about you as a individual and they don't have the drivers back...I had a disagreement at motivation Charlotte they made a bogus report on me and hilco fired me took the customers word over mine! Threw me away like a dirty rag!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Work like a slave will throw you away like a dirty rag
March 11, 2019

Fast Paced, Tight-Knit Company
Liquid Divison Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 7, 2019
Company was incredible. I was there as a contracted Temp, and unfortunately their needs changed through the course of my assignment, and the department was changed. Otherwise I would gladly still be there
March 8, 2019

Lots of work
Fuel Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 28, 2019
Plenty of work, top notch equipment. never knew what you were going to be doing though. And sometimes rain would push you out of work in the summer time. No paving=not liquid asphalt needed

Low Stress Enviroment
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SCJanuary 23, 2019
Although it was a low stress environment, it was certainly and most definitely one of the lowest paying jobs I ever had. I actually didn't mind the job too terribly, but the low pay forced me to move on.

All the rest is pretty much what you get with all the millions of other trucking companies in the world.
Pros
Good Equipment and Laid Back Management
Cons
Can't make any money - at least I didn't

Great Place to Work!
Commercial Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 16, 2019
I currently work in the Liquid Division. I haul propane, butane and liquid asphalt. With this company there is an opportunity to cross-train in other divisions, which not only gives you the experience but also allows for a steady income.

***Competitive Benefits
***Excellent equipment, well maintained.
Pros
Steady work and great equipment
Cons
Some out of town work and extended days

Average to work
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 2, 2018
Hilco isn't a bad company to work. They do keep you busy. But for the type of work you do handling propane,butane and hot asphalt , the pay scale don't match the danger and the real value of the energy commodity that you are handling . You get pay by the load and in a lot of occasions the hours you work are so long that some loads add up to 10.00 per hr.
Pros
Great equpment and great maintenance
Cons
Pay by the load
friendly, helpful
Part time mechanic (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 18, 2018
More experienced technicians were always ready to answer questions and help out. Coworkers and management very friendly. I learned a lot during my internship.
Great place
Driver (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 30, 2017
I wish I had came to work here 5 years sooner, so far its been a great place to work. We work hard but we have great equipment and great pay. The shop is top notch also!!
Nice place to work
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 17, 2017
Management cares about their employees. Home office group is friendly and fun. Company is growing. Opportunity to have your voice heard. Recent changes have made an improvement.
Pros
fun place to work. Very friendly atmosphere.
Cons
Pay could be better.
Decent place to work
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 20, 2017
Decent place to work if you are content with lackluster benefits and very little chance of pay raises. Don't plan on having a life outside of the truck because they will work you 7 days a week if they can.
worst job ever
Loader Operator driver (Former Employee) –  Durham County, NCMarch 5, 2017
work long hours for no pay bosses dont care about empolyes they hold your job in the palm of his hand the best thing i can say i run far away from this company as you can just look at there turn over that will speak for its self
Pros
Cons
the company
Horrible management
CDL Class A Driver tanker (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SCAugust 18, 2016
Owners and upper management treated my branch like red headed step child. Made sure home office drivers had work even if they had to come to our office and we sit home.
Pros
Decent pay
No life.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 18, 2015
Was a dedicated employee. I would go anywhere anytime.
This used to be one of the best companies to work for. When management changed so did everything else.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Management and greed.
Awesome place to work.
Diesel mechanic (Current Employee) –  Kannappolis ncAugust 21, 2015
I was hired as a diesel mechanic at Hilco Transport and i have to say this is by far the best company i have ever worked for. Everyone i came in contact with from day one have been amazing. I work at the kannapolis terminal, and the guys i work with are the best. I have never worked for a company that treats their employees with such respect and gratitude. If your looking for a great job where your not just another number, then i recommend you check out Hilco. A great place to call home... if your looking for a driving job i challenge you to find a company with better equipment but you wont find it.. if your lloking to spin wrenches then this is the place for you.
Pros
Awesome management, awesome equipment, great pay, great benefits, and lots of respect
Cons
Cant think of one thing
Great Company to work with
Billing Clerk (Temporary Assignment) (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 21, 2015
I learned about the transportation industry; stayed very busy; they decided to reorganize the department so I was let go (I was a temp)
Pros
Very friendly coworkers
Cons
was a temporary assignment
Average trucking company
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCNovember 2, 2014
The usual hustle and bustle of the trucking industry. Always want you to roll when customers call. Long hours and miles. No pay raises year after year. No bonuses. Saturdays and Sundays can be assigned to you if the need arises.
Pros
Free uniforms, Home most nights, Gift certificates if pass Dot inspections
Cons
Long hours and miles. Cannot depend on getting every weekend off, No pay raises or bonuses, no recognition of safety record
Family Company growing fast
Service (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 10, 2014
Very busy days, fun people to work with, transition to a new management, healthy work, opportunity of growth
Pros
Pay, benefits.
Cons
long hours some times, management need to follow and keep on the plans They state
Good job, enjoyed learning about different types of materials.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 19, 2013
Load/unload, deliver propane, gasoline, or liquid asphalt products to customers. Learned about the dangers of some materials..i.e. liquid asphalt can burn you. Management allowed you to do your job without micro-managing. Co-workers were dedicated to the job. Having to switch different tankers throughout the day. Driving and seeing different areas.
Pros
Multiple job duties.
Cons
Having to switch jobs throughout the day....gas to prpoane to asphalt.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hilco Transport. Our community is ready to answer.

Hilco Transport Reviews by Location