HILCORP ENERGY COMPANY Employee Reviews

Senior Land Tech
Senior Land Tech (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 13, 2018
It was a great learning experiences as you were to treat your job as if you owned it. which I liked. But management was terrible as there was no direction on how things should be handled if you were doing something that the company did not like.
Pros
learning to think on your feet
Cons
management
Senior Production Accountant/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2018
Good place to work, good people, growing company, stable job, learned from great understanding boss, and other departments, great bonus plan and buy in plan
Pros
If you like making money its the place to be
Farmington (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMApril 13, 2018
If you like making money while being treated extremely poor this is the place to be. Communication, professional management, area knowledge is non existent. Nothing against a hard and honest days work but what they put you through and the disrespectful manner in which they do it is not worth the cut in pay.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Communication, Respect, Environment
Great place to work and would like the opportunity to work there full time.
Front Desk Receptionist (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMApril 9, 2018
Very professional atmosphere. Everyone was very helpful and considerate of my being a temporary employee. Working conditions were outstanding. The most enjoyable part of the job was greeting visitors and interacting with clients waiting for appointments.
Pros
Great facility with comfort ammenities
Cons
Would have liked to be there longer
Cut throats and back stabbers,
Roustabout (Former Employee) –  PAJanuary 24, 2018
No loyalty or safety precautions applied in the field. Work 20 plus hours some days and made to alter time cards. Lack of leadership within the field. Lack of communication between employees.
Great company, but make sure team is a fit
Production Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 6, 2018
Amazing benefits, good salaries, great collaborative nature, and lots of ways to build camaraderie with coworkers. Not only organized by job titles, but grouped by location of work.
Pros
Benefits, salaries, beautiful office
Cons
Sometimes poor management, cutthroat coworkers, impersonal
Best Place to Work!
Risk Management Co-op (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 27, 2017
Absolutely wonderful company. Everyone is very nice and patient if you ask questions or need to learn anything new. The employee benefits are unmatched. Wish i could stay forever!
Good job lack of communication
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77002October 18, 2017
It was a great place to work, benefits were good and pay was good too. Just lacked a little bit of communication with supervisor. Helped fulfill lifelong dream.
Enjoyed working their.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 6, 2017
This was a contract position that lasted 1.5 years. Excellent company tremendous work ethics and comradery. Could not say enough positive about this company. Work is intense but that is the nature of the oil and gas industry. My job was primarily focused on asset management and production enhancement. learned a lot.
great company to work for
Records Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2017
I worked it little or no supervision
I learned a lot from my coworker
Management was great they were always there to listen
learning about oil wells, and how it all worked
working with the people
Pros
free breakfast, drinks
Cons
temp job only
Amazing Company to Work For
Field Intern (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 4, 2017
Hilcorp Energy Company always strives for excellence and safety. Being very results-oriented, the company may seem strict, but it's only because they want to reach their goals. Everyone is very nice and the work culture is centered around balancing work and family. Overall an awesome company to work for.
Great company
SR. Administrative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 1, 2017
Hilcorp was a good company. For the most part, I enjoyed the time there and some of the friendships I still have. My position was dissolved but I would go back if i could
Highly Recommend Working at Hilcorp
Geologist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 17, 2017
Hilcorp Energy is an excellent place to work. While working their it seems like a family where everybody cared about their work and other peoples work. I felt the management extremely supportive of their employees. They also rewarded ALL employees very well for success.
Pros
Culture and Compensation
Cons
Private Company
Great place to grow expereince
Sr Regulatory Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2015
Hilcorp was the first oil and gas company I worked for and it was a great environment to grow and work within. Being mid-sized it made it easier to connect with colleagues and get the "lay of the land"
The revenue dept has a VERY rigid schedule.
Revenue Accountant III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 6, 2015
Great compensation. Great Bonuses and on site gym. Antiquated corporate culture regarding work life balance. If money is your main concern, great place to work.
Pros
Free Breakfast, Great Bonuses, The people.
Cons
Antiquated Corporate Culture in Revenue Dept., Very Rigid Schedule. No flexibility.
Great life experience
summer hand (Former Employee) –  refugioApril 28, 2015
Working as a summer hand was great. I learned alot about the oilfield . I enjoyed the challenge of the job. I liked working with my hands. It was a great job for me. Mostly I drove around a checked gauges and looked for oil leaks. Occasionally I would change the choke on an oil well. It was a good time.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
Hot outside during the summer
Great work place and interesting and productive things to be around
Pumper (Current Employee) –  Frisco City, ALFebruary 28, 2015
Its a lot to remember but once I got to be around it alone and got my hands dirty, it wasn't that bad at all. Sure being around all those deadly gases and high pressure lines but I truly like the job in all its productivity
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
no benefits
Fantastic Internship
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 24, 2014
I gained invaluable experience during my internship. During my internship I rotated thru many departments such as risk management, internal audit, various accounting functions, and financial analysis.
Great working environment
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Centerville, TXMay 30, 2012
I loved working for Hilcorp. Worked in Enertia (self-taught; completed a week's worth of production entry and morning reports in 5 hours to catch office up after move to new building). Gauged wells. Changed meter charts. Checked meters and flow lines. Created meter charts. Organized filing system in office computers. Assisted with office move (i.e. furniture and computer placement, organization after move). Completed purchase order logs. Learned the routes between the wells. Gained knowledge of every position in the field and how the field operates.