Hill's Pet Nutrition

• Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Great company!

they are super supportive , very good benefits, and now with covid working from home has made their score go up. The only thing that frustrates me about them is the promotion scale.

Pros

Hours Vacation Benefits Supervisors Work home balance

Cons

Promotion scale isn’t 100% fair sometimes they can jump over salaries other times they refuse to

Don’t know where work stops and home life begins.

Not a good place to work. Management and HR does not care about you. They get paid their high salaries to look the other way. The overtime is ridiculous and they don’t feel sorry for you working 6 days a week 12 hour shift. They get to work their 8 and leave. New hires don’t know their butt from a hole in the ground. They cut your quarterly bonuses down to nothing. If you don’t have a degree wave your advancement goodbye. No growth at all. They post a management job and they already know who they want to choose. But they will entertain themselves by interviewing you even know they know already your not getting the job. No one will fight for you in this company.

Pros

Insurance

Cons

Everything else

I like the job

I love working at Hill’s because is an international company and is allied with Colgate which is global. I feel welcome and if I have a question I can ask anyone else and they are happy to help.I also enjoy working 8 hours instead of 12 .It’s very close to my home so the commute is less than 10 min.

Pros

Great hours

Cons

Haven’t found cons

Great company

This was by far the best job I ever had. Pay and benefits were extremely good. The working 4 off 3 was awesome. Unfortunately due to personal circumstances had to leave this job.

Greed has taken over values

Management makes policy changes on the fly. Call it " company needs", or say they "reinterpreted what it said. Hiring process is incredibly unsuccessful and leaves open spots for months which have to be covered in OT. To be a supervisor, you must have an engineering degree, so operators can not advance. Instead all supervisors are hired right out of college, with no experience. Benefits being taken away by the month. No work life balance. Used to be the best job around. We are now losing people to companies that used to be considered sub par

Pros

Health, dental, free coffee

Cons

Minimal raises, long hours, lack of leadership and intelligent decision making, which puts more work and stress on operators.

Loved the job. Just eliminated position and began using Ryder for drivers. Ryder hired all the Hills drivers so we will see how it is after the change.

Awesome company who stand behind their employees as strongly as they stand behind their amazing line of products.

Hills is owned by Colgate Palmolive and they follow Colgate’s VCP initiative. (Valuing Colgate People) It’s a very accepting and forward thinking company in their attitudes towards work/ life balance as well as allowing for a very diverse work population. Simply an awesome company to have been a part of for over 22 years.

Pros

Value your contribution as an employee, Strong leadership teams, Very strong financial parent company, Great proprietary products that work!!

Not great morale wise

Would never go back, they don't care about employees. Management is extremely poor both in office and in administration. They do not completely offer a safe work environment

Pros

Medical insurance

Passionate People

The main thing that sticks out to me is that Hill’s people are passionate about the mission and vision of the company. Corporate does a lot to provide food for animals affected by hurricanes etc. and the shelter events. It’s a good company to work for.

Pros

Benefits are spectacular

Cons

Large company, easy to feel like they don’t care about you

HAD Great benefits no advancement unless you have a degree.

The benefits were the reason you worked for Hills, but unless you have a college degree you can never advance beyond CSR/Driver. Management is hit or miss depending on what warehouse you work out of. After close to 15 years of service they let all of the transportation department go to outsource to Ryder Corp. We were given ZERO compensation package even though they have given compensation to sales department in the past. Turns out all you were was a warm body to deliver their food.Turns out this was a terrible company to work for and they don't care about people.

Pros

Had good benefits.

Cons

Outsourced jobs and took away benefits.

Great coworkers

People at hills work well together. Being a union facility makes it difficult to motivate people but overall not bad. Would be 10 times better if the union would go away.

Pros

Benefits, recession proof, pandemic proof, good pay

Cons

Has a “this is the way we have always done it attitude.

Good place to work.

If you want to make a decent wage with excellent benefits. This job is for you. Just so you know, the grass isn't greener on the other side of the fence.

Pros

Pet food and colgate product discounts

Poor management

Micromanaging of employees and no clear direction in goals.Repetitive work, gets boring. Not much room for advancement unless you relocate to another state. Lots of favoritism. Leadership doesn’t clearly understand their job. Poor planning Initiatives. People have to work a lot of overtime due to poor planning. Operations leadership is clueless. No clear processes in place. The plant functions like we are in the early 90s. Don’t waste your time.

Pros

Gifts

Cons

Micro Management

great peolple to work along side with

deliver perscrption dog and cat food to animal vets and clinics. truck is already loaded in morning. 4 day work week with weekends off. some routes do have one overnite. great quarterly safety bonus. physical labor. must be able to wheel handtruck up and down stairs.

Pros

4 day work week quarterly bonus

Cons

working in all types of weather

Over all, a good company

Benefits are good. They paid us for covid leave. Very flexible. 6 months in and you get 3 weeks vacation. Starting pay is 18$ an hour. Laid back, but can get busy. Very rare to work weekends

Pros

Benefits, vacation, flexibility

Cons

Management is a little political

Great company

I worked there for 16 years before reloading to another state. This is a great company to work for. Would go back if ever moved back to area. Great people

Benefits

Good company

Was trained in a lot of areas, which was an asset to the company and my career goal. I worked a lot of overtime . I worked in shipping, production, processing, and quality.

Benefits

Cons

Plant closed

I was just a student rep, good experience overall

I was just a student rep, good experience overall. Our training was very fun I loved being a rep, it was fun to plan events to teach students about nutrition

Hills pet nutrition

I did mostly stocking and shipping work...i have 3 1/2. Years fork lift experience. At Hills Pet Nutrition we had a dog and cat food convenient store just across work campus next to factory where I did most of my work and had a little cashier experience at the company in retail...very social,polite and do hard work when required in the field

Great benefits

Pensions Plan and 401k as well most companies don’t offer both. Bonus opportunities as well for employees along with profit sharing on a annual basis

Employee driven

This company help me learn workplace culture daily. The coworker base really cares about how everyone is treated and trained. The hardest part of the job was making the choice leave. I had hoped to pass the learning from this company on to the next chapter in my lives journey.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hill's Pet Nutrition. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.6Personal Development
4.0Career Opportunities
4.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight