Hill-Rom Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Very progessive company.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 13, 2018
Hill-Rom offered a great opportunity to combine my respiratory therapy skills with sales and marketing skills. I have fine tuned my sales skills and I am very confident to sell in both the home care and acute care markets.
Pros
Ability to manage my own schedule.
Cons
Direct management was weak.
Fast paced, delt with hospital emergencies on a daily basis
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJune 12, 2018
A typical day would start at 8 a.m. where I would check email, conduct daily inventory, checked work instructions for any revision changes,ordered parts for upcoming repairs, and made ready any hospital bed patient ready. Between 10 and noon I would leave for any assignments for the day. The day would end between 5 and 8 p.m.

The hardest art of the job was the "on call" as a one person service center I was on call all the time. Sometimes going a month or more without a scheduled day off.

The best part of the job was helping patients and patients family member while they got better.
Pros
great pay and benifets. fasted paced never boring. opertunity for travel
Cons
On call for extended periods of time
Batesville, Indiana was most awsome experience at Corporate office
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 31, 2018
Typically a workday on Evening shift was good sum days and Bad some days. You did leftover work from morning shift. Manager was hatitiant/Jamaican and was really rude. Everybody didn't get along with him. Short staff, favoritism to certain employees. Too many hospitals to maintain. Pay should of been better.
Pros
Free cell phone, lunches, bonus end of year
Cons
Too many hospitals to maintain, Lack of staff, On-call sucks hospital will call all night until morning
Always on call
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 23, 2018
This job would be more suitable for someone that's single and doesn't have a family because of the amount of travel involved. You could work a full 8 hours but if you're on-call that could quickly turn into working overnight.
Cons
Poor salary for the amount of work demanded.
Strong Company
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Batesville, INMay 22, 2018
Well run company starting at the top with the CEO. Tons of finance growth opportunity in the greater Chicago area. Strong company with steady growth.
Material Control Analyst
Material Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INMay 21, 2018
Control parts that were internal parts coming from production to help manage them and get parts out the door to customers that were waiting for any. The hardest part was getting enough supply to meet everyone's needs.
Pros
good people and environment
Cons
Contractor and no insurance
A company to be very proud of having in my Resume.
Bilingual Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLMay 21, 2018
A typical day at work allowed me to be very independent, dependable, and to use all my skills.
I learned a lot about the unique products they have. Every time I see their products I feel very proud!
Management has a close relationship with all employees and branches making communication much easier.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the trust and independence of the branch allowing me to keep everything very organized.
Pros
Very generous bonus and excellent treatment when the branch closed and they had to lay me off.
Cons
No cons while working at Hill-Rom, only good things and energy!
Always very helpful, and I have always felt as part of a team
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, LAMay 7, 2018
Great on teamwork. Anytime that I have had any question, I have always been able to get it answered. Top notch company from the sales person to the trainers.
productive work environment
Asset Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 29, 2018
once starting my job at Hill-Rom I quickly found it to be a stress free work environment that allowed me to gain skills in high level disinfection and patient skills with in a hospital.
Welding Associate (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INApril 26, 2018
Hillrom is a good place to work, if you get full-time. The pay is good, I’ve heard the benefits are good as well. I had a blast working here, until I was moved from the department I loved and was so passionate about.
Pros
Good Pay, Benefits, People
Cons
Lay-Off Rate
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSApril 15, 2018
Enjoyed working for this company. My office was a 1 to 2 man service center. and worked closely with the larger office a 100 miles away. They work as a team and support 24 hrs a day.
Pros
just and all round great place to work
Cons
requires you to be on call and if your the only tech in that area it can be hectic sometimes
Challenging and fast paced due to unplanned activities or late changes
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Batesville, INApril 12, 2018
Day is unscheduled and based on activity in the plant, with NPD activities and impromptu meetings for technical engagement with non-technical colleagues. Fast paced during "needs" of Operations because of lack of technical skillets to resolve issues. Overall, challenging environment, must maintain patience and to continue to be prepared to change at a moments notice.
Pros
pay, benefits, people
Cons
inconsistent management, time on task, schedule pressures created by others, disconnected priorities at times
Bozos, Bureaucrats, Bystanders, and Batesville, Hill-Rom has the whole B Team!
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Batesville, IN and Cary ,NCApril 8, 2018
Hill-Rom culture cares only about the appearance of having done a good job, rather than actually doing a good job. The company is full of people who 1) spent most of their career here and really do not know how to do anything new 2) come up with reasons to not do what they are supposed to do, and 3) wait and see if someone else will solve their problem before they actually have to do the work. Leadership in Batesville are mostly tired old dogs that are clinging to relevance in an industry that has passed their level of capability. Leadership in Cary are mostly wannabe hot shots that perpetually attempt to advance their own career. This is the only place I have ever worked where I can say I learned nothing new. This place is a resume stain.
Pros
Pay is actually good
Cons
Everything else
Stressful
Labor (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INApril 6, 2018
never know what hours youre going to work or if you are going to have any work. and if your do have work how much is there for everyone in your department.
Anslyst
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNMarch 31, 2018
Great work life balance and benefits. Was able to work from home on occasion. Great products that really benefit the customers. Most of the managers know the business, but there are a couple that are clueless.
Pros
work life balance, pto, pay, benefits
Diverse, technical, and customer-service oriented.
Field Service Technician I (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 20, 2018
After a shift started the first hour or less was dedicated to prioritizing open work orders and plotting one's route throughout their designated area. Also contacting team members and team leader to find out of any special tasks need to be taken care of. Throughout the course of the shift you could visit 2-8 accounts (hospitals/medical facilities) while product is delivered, removed, and serviced as needed. Deliveries and removals are carried out in trucks varying in size from small Chevys to Freightliners but do not require CDL. Interacting with the hospital staff can be the high or low point of the day, depending.
Having worked 2nd and 1st, in that order, I can say that work in the morning is more demanding and hectic. Having done so, I learned a great deal time-management skills and a vast range of troubleshooting/repair skills on several product(Service Center rented out over 6,000 units). My social skills and rapport building were also bolstered.
Moderately physically demanding, the hardest part would be attempting to relocate malfunctioning beds as some can weigh as much as 1,700 lbs.

Most enjoyable is undoubtedly the sense of having made a difference in someone's recovery and overall attitude. Dealing exclusively with ill persons makes positive effects on a patients precious. I thoroughly enjoyed learning the equipment and becoming a resource to hospital staff and co-workers alike.

The hardest part for me was the sometimes unreasonable interactions I endured with co-workers.
Relaxed Work with poor benefits
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCMarch 20, 2018
Work Life balance is good. Benefits are poor as compared to other companies I have worked for. Managers are good, understanding. Flexible working hours.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Benefits and compensation
For career minded growers
Biomedical Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 14, 2018
Hill-rom is a great place to work, achievements are well recognized and most of the people who work there have been with the company for several years. Just bear in mind that you will be married to the company while you work there. You will not have a true personal life, if they call you you will be expected to work regardless of vacation or family emergency. You will be well compensated for this dedication as Hill-rom pays well. Do consider that no matter what you do or how well you do it with the company, you position is expendable and you may be let-go on a same day basis. They will provide you with a company phone and laptop.
Pros
provides phone plan, phone and laptop. good benifits. possible overtime
Cons
on-call, little work-life balance, no tolerance policies.
Great people!
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Shoreview, MNMarch 14, 2018
They have good team spirit and up front with how and/or what needs to be accomplished. They had regular meeting where they share information that will help the team to accomplish the goal. They value everyone's ideals or opinions.
Great company until...
Senior Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Acton, MAMarch 14, 2018
My position at H-R was not a job. It was where I went to have fun
until a Corporate decision was made to shut down the Acton R&D business unit sending a group of engineers and technicians out into the cold..
Pros
None that matter now.
Cons
Coordination between business units not very good