Hill-Rom Employee Reviews

I truly enjoyed the people I worked with in Charleston, South Carolina office
IT Technician (Windows) (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 10, 2018
Worked learning IT procedures, repairing hardware and software issues with great trainers, knowledgeable in their trade. I was consistently position for success.
Pros
Great work hours and environment
Cons
That I couldn't stay on longer
Okay
QA/RA (Current Employee) –  Batesville, INSeptember 17, 2018
Not a mature company. Everything is rush rush last minute. Poor planning. Reluctant to change and improve. The people that been there for 10-15-20 or more years have final say in everything and new ideas are not welcomed
Good
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Batesville, IN 47006September 13, 2018
When I went to work there, every day I knew what was expected of me. If I needed guidance for anything, I could go to my boss and he would be more than willing to help. I have learned how to weld, paint, setup machines, program, and draw on their CAD system.
Good job
MEDICAL SERVICE OPERATION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOSeptember 12, 2018
Hill-Rom is a good job if you get in with the right people. The pay is very nice 3 weeks of PTO right from the start 40 hours of sick time, but you are on-call alot
Pros
Pay
Cons
No time for family
Overall has been a great company to work for
Therapy Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Batesville, INSeptember 4, 2018
Great team environment. Management easy to work with. I enjoy working with customers and seeing excellent patient outcomes. I enjoyed many masters clubs trips, as the company recognizes acheivments.
Company match to 401K is excellent. Great health benefits.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
concerned about service issues
Upper management
Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 31, 2018
Upper management is not supportive. They have there own agenda and will throw the low man under the bus. Always working short handed and expected to get the job done no matter what. Safety is preached but dont let it get in the way of making your numbers.
Cons
Upper management
Nice place to work.
Asset Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 30, 2018
The best part about working for Hill-Rom would be the opportunities for advancement. The are many different job types in this massive company that there is always a need for people so there are very few layoffs.
Learning and Training
Asset Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 28, 2018
Hill-Rom offers good learning opportunities. I've enjoyed working for the company and the colleagues that I have met along the way. It's a great company.
Room for advancement
Repair Tech & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INAugust 27, 2018
Love the company and what they do, but management is an issue. Competitive pay with benefits, life insurance and 401k. Pto and Paid vacation. Worked in various fields of the company. Trained and knowledgeable on most medical equipment.
Pros
Benefits, fair pay
Cons
No equal opportunities
Very time demanding job. Hard to balance personal endeavors while working at Hill-Rom.
FSR (Field Service Rep) (Former Employee) –  WPBAugust 21, 2018
Hill-Rom is a job for people who don't have any other endeavors to accomplish personally. You have to devout most of your time working there. School, and any other personal aspirations are hard to keep up with while working at Hill-Rom.
Pros
No micromanage, pay well
Cons
Time demanding, have to maintain unrealistic proctivity goals, prodcutivity doesnt accurately reflect employees real work.

Want to know more about Hill-Rom?

Ask a question
it's a good job but the compensation not the best
Mechanical Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNAugust 14, 2018
You work hard and learn all the devices and how to fix them all and put in the work and go there daily however, you don't get compensated for it and the people that don't work are the ones that get promoted and the money.
Decent Place to Work
Finance (Current Employee) –  Batesville, INAugust 8, 2018
Pros: It's nice having a company like Hill-Rom close to home. They pay better than most of the other companies in the area. We have the option to work remotely, but they're pretty strict about how often and why.
Cons: The PTO policy is mediocre. What I dislike most is the cliquey nature of the department I work in... as others have mentioned in previous reviews, it's all about who you know. Bullying and gossiping is an issue, primarily among the women.
Pros
Close to home, Flexible work hours
Cons
Cliquey environment, Mediocre PTO policy
Productive and fun place to work.
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 6, 2018
I truly enjoyed my time at Hill-Rom. I worked through Charles Foster agency and was never offered a permanent position by Hill Rom. Company picnics were the bomb. They really took care of their people.
Pros
I was able to dress casually and profesionally
Cons
Numbers games with billing-, up and down along with getting clinicals
Best Place
Asset Specialist (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 6, 2018
I enjoyed my work here,
I received various high end on the job training and certifications
Manager and colleagues are cool to work with
Hardest part of the Job is walking 8 miles a day but it helped me skipped the gym.
Pros
am my own boss on my shift
Hillrom company
Asset specialists (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 6, 2018
I have worked for hillrom for 15 years and i love what i do but the managment doesn't have their employees back that's the only down fall i also feel we should be paid more especially since we have employees that been their for 15,16 are more years
Pros
Free short term disability
Cons
Never see the employees side
Great
Business System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCAugust 2, 2018
•Responsible for troubleshooting incoming customer calls related to Software and Hardware issues.
•Determined escalation path and provided alternative solutions to meet the customer's needs.
•Analyzed data and software to problems that the customer is encountering with Nurse Communication Systems, Navicare Vocera, Cati, and providing product solutions.
•Worked with key clients, medical hospitals following FDA regulations.
Very high-paced support environment supporting proprietary hardware and software
Product Quality Representative (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 30, 2018
Hill-Rom opened the door to many different areas of IT that I had not yet experienced. I learned quickly and assumed the primary technician handling calls from the most irate customers to resolve nursecall issues. I enjoyed the work immensely.
good company
Regional Service Director - Connecticut Region (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 10, 2018
Hill Rom was good company to work with. I was able to advance to many positions in management. Good pay and benefits; good products. Our products really helped people heal
Pros
Great Company to work for
good place to work
WELDING PLASTIC (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INJuly 10, 2018
I love working at Hill- Rom. Its fast pass. Wage is good. They layoff the temps in the winter. Thats the only thing that is'nt good. hr is very nice and very help full. They do wonderful things with there staff.
Numbers
Field Service Technician II (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, New MexicoJuly 9, 2018
To worried about numbers(workorders) which justify employment. The work load can get heavy at times with delivery and removals.

Vechiles are to heavily monitored for speed and braking. Elog is being implemented. These can lead to termination.

Techs are multi disciplined in several products lines. This is sometimes hard to balance and schedule.

Travel opportunities are always coming up. This gives techs a different aspects of the company.
Pros
Good training in all areas.
Cons
Management to worried about the numbers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hill-Rom. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight