Hill-Rom Employee Reviews

it's a good job but the compensation not the best
Mechanical Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNAugust 14, 2018
You work hard and learn all the devices and how to fix them all and put in the work and go there daily however, you don't get compensated for it and the people that don't work are the ones that get promoted and the money.
Productive and fun place to work.
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 6, 2018
I truly enjoyed my time at Hill-Rom. I worked through Charles Foster agency and was never offered a permanent position by Hill Rom. Company picnics were the bomb. They really took care of their people.
Pros
I was able to dress casually and profesionally
Cons
Numbers games with billing-, up and down along with getting clinicals
Best Place
Asset Specialist (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 6, 2018
I enjoyed my work here,
I received various high end on the job training and certifications
Manager and colleagues are cool to work with
Hardest part of the Job is walking 8 miles a day but it helped me skipped the gym.
Pros
am my own boss on my shift
Hillrom company
Asset specialists (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 6, 2018
I have worked for hillrom for 15 years and i love what i do but the managment doesn't have their employees back that's the only down fall i also feel we should be paid more especially since we have employees that been their for 15,16 are more years
Pros
Free short term disability
Cons
Never see the employees side
Great
Business System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCAugust 2, 2018
•Responsible for troubleshooting incoming customer calls related to Software and Hardware issues.
•Determined escalation path and provided alternative solutions to meet the customer's needs.
•Analyzed data and software to problems that the customer is encountering with Nurse Communication Systems, Navicare Vocera, Cati, and providing product solutions.
•Worked with key clients, medical hospitals following FDA regulations.
Very high-paced support environment supporting proprietary hardware and software
Product Quality Representative (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 30, 2018
Hill-Rom opened the door to many different areas of IT that I had not yet experienced. I learned quickly and assumed the primary technician handling calls from the most irate customers to resolve nursecall issues. I enjoyed the work immensely.
good company
Regional Service Director - Connecticut Region (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 10, 2018
Hill Rom was good company to work with. I was able to advance to many positions in management. Good pay and benefits; good products. Our products really helped people heal
Pros
Great Company to work for
good place to work
WELDING PLASTIC (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INJuly 10, 2018
I love working at Hill- Rom. Its fast pass. Wage is good. They layoff the temps in the winter. Thats the only thing that is'nt good. hr is very nice and very help full. They do wonderful things with there staff.
Numbers
Field Service Technician II (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, New MexicoJuly 9, 2018
To worried about numbers(workorders) which justify employment. The work load can get heavy at times with delivery and removals.

Vechiles are to heavily monitored for speed and braking. Elog is being implemented. These can lead to termination.

Techs are multi disciplined in several products lines. This is sometimes hard to balance and schedule.

Travel opportunities are always coming up. This gives techs a different aspects of the company.
Pros
Good training in all areas.
Cons
Management to worried about the numbers.
The hardest part of the job
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORJuly 3, 2018
Driving 4 to 5 beds that weight about 2 tons in a truck in bad weather conditions. And also getting calls from hospitals about them not having the bed at the appropriate time.
Good steady work for a young man.
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 14, 2018
They provide all of the training that you need to work with them. The training continues every month. Pay and benefits are fair and reasonable. The only hard part is the weight and maneuverability of some of the beds. It can be a pleasant day on the road or it can be hectic...you have to be flexible and ready to go at a moments notice.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Hard on the body at times.
Very progessive company.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 13, 2018
Hill-Rom offered a great opportunity to combine my respiratory therapy skills with sales and marketing skills. I have fine tuned my sales skills and I am very confident to sell in both the home care and acute care markets.
Pros
Ability to manage my own schedule.
Cons
Direct management was weak.
Best benefits
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJune 13, 2018
I loved working at Hill-Rom but of course like most companies, management was an issue there. I think if they would listen more at the people who were actually doing the job things would have been better. The hardest part of the job was dealing with management. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with co-workers and having fun.
Pros
Great benefits for retirement and healthcare
Cons
Managament issues
Fast paced, delt with hospital emergencies on a daily basis
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJune 12, 2018
A typical day would start at 8 a.m. where I would check email, conduct daily inventory, checked work instructions for any revision changes,ordered parts for upcoming repairs, and made ready any hospital bed patient ready. Between 10 and noon I would leave for any assignments for the day. The day would end between 5 and 8 p.m.

The hardest art of the job was the "on call" as a one person service center I was on call all the time. Sometimes going a month or more without a scheduled day off.

The best part of the job was helping patients and patients family member while they got better.
Pros
great pay and benifets. fasted paced never boring. opertunity for travel
Cons
On call for extended periods of time
Overall good company, too much turnover
Account Executive - Patient Support Services (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INJune 2, 2018
As an AE you can expect to be on the road a lot! I drove 45K miles in a single year covering my territory.
You must have a major health system using your products or you will never reach your sales goals.
Company watches expenses like a hawk.
The people I worked with were great, decisions above them can be questionable.
Pros
Benefits, provide the tools you need to be successful
Cons
lots of travel, executive decision making is suspect
Batesville, Indiana was most awsome experience at Corporate office
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 31, 2018
Typically a workday on Evening shift was good sum days and Bad some days. You did leftover work from morning shift. Manager was hatitiant/Jamaican and was really rude. Everybody didn't get along with him. Short staff, favoritism to certain employees. Too many hospitals to maintain. Pay should of been better.
Pros
Free cell phone, lunches, bonus end of year
Cons
Too many hospitals to maintain, Lack of staff, On-call sucks hospital will call all night until morning
Great Company With Advancement Opportunities
Asset Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 30, 2018
Hill-Rom is an awesome company that is focused on becoming one of the cornerstones in the medical device company. Hill-Rom is strategic and committed to making sure its products and services are enhancing the needs of patients and caregivers.
Pros
Global company, great benefits, strong management
Cons
Short lunch breaks, demanding work load
Always on call
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 23, 2018
This job would be more suitable for someone that's single and doesn't have a family because of the amount of travel involved. You could work a full 8 hours but if you're on-call that could quickly turn into working overnight.
Cons
Poor salary for the amount of work demanded.
Strong Company
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Batesville, INMay 22, 2018
Well run company starting at the top with the CEO. Tons of finance growth opportunity in the greater Chicago area. Strong company with steady growth.
Material Control Analyst
Material Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INMay 21, 2018
Control parts that were internal parts coming from production to help manage them and get parts out the door to customers that were waiting for any. The hardest part was getting enough supply to meet everyone's needs.
Pros
good people and environment
Cons
Contractor and no insurance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hill-Rom. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss