Hill-Rom Employee Reviews

Pathetic and Traumatic professional experience ever!!
Project Leader (Former Employee) –  Acton, MADecember 6, 2018
I can not even start writing my review here, it’s pathetic and painful experience ever in career so far, but on second thought I realized it’s worth it to explain in detail how this work place is for strangers!!!

People in higher management do not understand the scope of project or seriousness and there is no clear direction from higher management, there is R & D director does not even understand the concept of project and timelines!! Bunch of trashy people!!! I’m amazed to experience how someone can be such lethargic and senseless at work place. People often play this game to blame on others so that way they do not have to answer to their managers for the project status!!!!

Higher management has clear lack of collaboration with colleagues in team and they are working like outsider, you can’t get the real picture of what’s happening from 800 miles away, you got to spend time closely and understand what people are working on and putting effort!!!!! Also looks like he is tied up with budget, what’s the point of holding higher position if doesn’t have power and decision capacity!!!

I would suggest and highly recommend to be loyal at least to yourself when it comes to evaluating of work and efforts people put at work place in some important projects but higher management at Allen clearly lacks ability to drive projects further!!!

How can you even do not realize genuine effort someone putting and trying hardest to put project on track!! Man worst ever experience and threshold of unprofessionalism.

My only glitch is when such kind of people after having experience
  more... (don’t know and not sure if genuine or fake) can’t realize the worth of people and their importance!!!!!
Scrutinized and pathetic!!!! l
Pros
Not the one I can think of
Cons
Lack of seriousness in higher management, no clear guidelines and directions, Poor knowledge and skills in higher management, high favoritism, lack of managerial skills
Great
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCNovember 29, 2018
Great place to work, got to travel, pay was fair as well as benefits. Lots of locations so the work options and ability move within the company are amazing
Good experience
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLNovember 19, 2018
I had a good time working in the medical equipment industry. I was able to understand how the medical facilities acquire their medical equipment and how the are charged .
Lead Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Batesville, INNovember 15, 2018
Great job and easy to learn. They work with you on your schedules. Ample time to put on for PTO. Employees are great to work with. Management team is ok.
Pros
Pto, great employees
Cons
time management, no room for advancement
Rewarding
Territory Therapy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 15, 2018
I was responsible for selling to Dr.'s and nurse managers. As part of my job I would educate the staff on wounds, and wound care as well as prevention.
Very clean and organized
Hill-Rom Asset Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 14, 2018
I sanitized and delivered medical equipment in a hospital environment and tracked medical equipment throughout the facility using a specialized software program.
If you want to be treated unfairly work here
Shipping Clerk/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 11, 2018
I was an employee for 12 years and when new management came in if you were a grown maker you got advancement. It didn’t matter how much knowledge you had if you didn’t suck up to Manager in distribution you were treated horrible. Then if you decided to not talk and just go in do your job they made excuses as why you were not working to their standards. They would rather treat you like dirt to try to force people who are dedicated to quit.
Cons
Unfair to dedicated employees with years of experience
Good company until they separated from Hillenbrand
Test Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INOctober 29, 2018
Good company, but the new CEO took headquarters to Chicago. After that, excess attention to quarterly earnings in the form of layoffs did it for me. They didn't handle a layoff well so I took voluntary severance and left.
Always something different to do and learn
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  TexasOctober 25, 2018
I will start off by saying that I truely enjoy my job. There is always something going on whether it's an equipment repair, delivery, inventory or training.

A typical day begins with checking work orders. From there it's dictated by set cut-off times the deliveries or returns need to be completed. Repairing, inspecting and cleaning of hospital beds and equipment occur during the time you are not on the road. The job entails a lot of time driving to accounts (hospitals). Personally, I view this aspect of the job as down time. I can relax, clear my head and plan my future activities. The company does stress safety very much and really focuses on driving. The trucks are heavily monitored by electronic and GPS which can be frustrating at times.

Management is fair, although I am experienced enough to know that this aspect of a job can vary from location to location. I do like the fact that management is not co-located with my site and we are not micromanaged in any way. We are allowed to operate as we see fit in order to get the job done.

My co-workers are reliable and hard working. We all help each other to get things accomplished and rotate or swap work times in order to accomodate each other. This is very vital due to the nature of our scheduling and on-call duties.

The most difficult aspect of the job is the hours/scheduling. Working with hospitals is a 24/7 job. This requires a lot of on-call time and can really make planning home-life activities difficult. In addition, it is rare that I ever leave the warehouse at my scheduled time off. Of course all those O.T.
  more... and on-call hours really fatten my paycheck which I like! If you're younger and raising a family, this job may be difficult on your home life, but I'm single and don't have any real problem with it.

Overall, this is a challenging yet rewarding career. The pay is fair, you get job satisfaction from helping others in medical need and there is opportunity for growth if you're willing to relocate when the chance presents itself.
Pros
Benefits, pay, training
Cons
On-call
I enjoy working
Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAOctober 22, 2018
I enjoy working in management to help to grow a company and being productive in management to help the productivity level to increase as well as the profitability
Good individuals, stifled by constant turnover of management and an irregularly applied performance culture.
Director Project Management (Current Employee) –  Batesville, INOctober 12, 2018
- great medical device understanding.
- frequent turnover of executives, results in inconsistent culture.
- a lot of "program of the month" thinking.
- good benefits.
- overall experience is highly affected by individual managers.
I truly enjoyed the people I worked with in Charleston, South Carolina office
IT Technician (Windows) (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 10, 2018
Worked learning IT procedures, repairing hardware and software issues with great trainers, knowledgeable in their trade. I was consistently position for success.
Pros
Great work hours and environment
Cons
That I couldn't stay on longer
Okay
QA/RA (Current Employee) –  Batesville, INSeptember 17, 2018
Not a mature company. Everything is rush rush last minute. Poor planning. Reluctant to change and improve. The people that been there for 10-15-20 or more years have final say in everything and new ideas are not welcomed
Good
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Batesville, IN 47006September 13, 2018
When I went to work there, every day I knew what was expected of me. If I needed guidance for anything, I could go to my boss and he would be more than willing to help. I have learned how to weld, paint, setup machines, program, and draw on their CAD system.
Good job
MEDICAL SERVICE OPERATION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOSeptember 12, 2018
Hill-Rom is a good job if you get in with the right people. The pay is very nice 3 weeks of PTO right from the start 40 hours of sick time, but you are on-call alot
Pros
Pay
Cons
No time for family
Overall has been a great company to work for
Therapy Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Batesville, INSeptember 4, 2018
Great team environment. Management easy to work with. I enjoy working with customers and seeing excellent patient outcomes. I enjoyed many masters clubs trips, as the company recognizes acheivments.
Company match to 401K is excellent. Great health benefits.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
concerned about service issues
Upper management
Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 31, 2018
Upper management is not supportive. They have there own agenda and will throw the low man under the bus. Always working short handed and expected to get the job done no matter what. Safety is preached but dont let it get in the way of making your numbers.
Cons
Upper management
Nice place to work.
Asset Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 30, 2018
The best part about working for Hill-Rom would be the opportunities for advancement. The are many different job types in this massive company that there is always a need for people so there are very few layoffs.
Learning and Training
Asset Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 28, 2018
Hill-Rom offers good learning opportunities. I've enjoyed working for the company and the colleagues that I have met along the way. It's a great company.
Room for advancement
Repair Tech & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INAugust 27, 2018
Love the company and what they do, but management is an issue. Competitive pay with benefits, life insurance and 401k. Pto and Paid vacation. Worked in various fields of the company. Trained and knowledgeable on most medical equipment.
Pros
Benefits, fair pay
Cons
No equal opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hill-Rom. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss