Hill-Rom Employee Reviews

Do Not Accept a Contract or Temp to-Perm Position Here!!!!
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 22, 2019
I have been a contract employee for almost 16 months with hopes of becoming a permanent employee. As a contractor, I have had no paid time off or other employee benefits. In fact, they force their temp or contract employees to take mandatory unpaid days off with very little notice as they did so over the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.

My original contract was for six months and has continued to be extended despite promises from my supervisor that I would be offered a permanent position after the approval of the FY2019 budget which occurred in September, 2018. However, even after the budget approval I was still forced to remain a contractor until finally I was told that my contract would not be extended nor would the promise to become a permanent employee be fulfilled. There was no explanation other than keeping costs down.

I was used and thrown away like a napkin. My advice to anyone who is looking to work for this company is to only work as a direct hire. If you are hired as a temp or contract employee, it will take months or even over a year to become a permanent employee or you could find yourself in my position almost 16 months later: used for your knowledge and hard work until the company is ready discard you like a piece of trash.
Pros
Most employees are friendly
Cons
Though you make a full commitment to the company they do no make the same one to you
not an enjoyable place to work for
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 10, 2019
This job is for people who want to make money and not have a life. It seems you are treated more like property than as people. The management is horrible and there is hardly any leadership there. Everyone who worked there wanted to quit
Pros
good pay
Cons
long hours, poor management
Taught me alot
Lead Technician/Manager (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIFebruary 4, 2019
it was a good place to work...while a long time ago. I don't really remember that much about it. however I do remember I did enjoy my time with the company.
Hill-Rom squeezed it's employees
Territory Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 30, 2019
When I started with SSI, the work culture was great. Once Hill-Rom took over employees were squeezed long and hard, stress was high, New SOP's came out 1 to 2 each week that hand to be signed. This lasted months. internal politics added to stress to just do the job.
Had a great employee cafeteria
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INJanuary 29, 2019
Overall I liked working there, because I had a great supervisor. I observed people who worked for a different supervisor be treated very poorly. This particular supervisor would stand in the aisle between cubes and express her opinions on local, state and national politics. I felt her staff were intimidated and would never have disagreed with her.
Stressful
Field Service Technician I (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJanuary 27, 2019
Stressful due to the fact we were very busy yet we were understaffed and under supplied. There is a disconnect between management and staff. Unrealistic expectations. Lack of training yet, your expected to "wing it". This has lead to guys walking off the job in frustration. The Desmoines Iowa office has NOBODY running it as an example.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Lack of training.under staffed undersupplied leading to un preparedness
Boss was a sadistic monger
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNJanuary 25, 2019
Working under the stress of this Manager nearly drove me to a nervous breakdown. She was a sadistic human being with unchecked power. Working under her became unbearable and I had to leave the company after 5 1/2 years.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Horrible, horrible management
What I Learned
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 23, 2019
I learned the complex sales cycle in regards to the length of capital medical sales. I learned starting my own territory from nothing and building it up to a $1.5 million territory.
Fast paste environment
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2019
Great company to work, they provide job security and great benefits. The workplace culture is great and enjoyable. I learn some medical equipment but was limited on what I can learn due to the fast paste environment.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
fast past
A Fast paced work environment
Authorizations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Shorreview, MNJanuary 15, 2019
Hill-Rom was an organization that is focused on trying to move through the referral, billing and if need be appeals process in the quickest manner possible. There is unfortunately little motivation for employment as their options to move through the company can take an extended amount of time. Especially if they like you in your current position.
Pros
Fast pace and busy environment
Cons
Management communication is poor
Cool Work place
Medical Equipment Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Springfield, NJJanuary 8, 2019
its a ok job the hours is long but im lucky to get a decent salary, its a good job with someone who doesnt have children. Im lucky to have a good supervisor and teamates
Ok experience at hillrom
Feild Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 2, 2019
The benefits were awesome but management was extremely micromanaging and knew nothing about the work, they would ask you to do do a task then not know how to help you how to do it when you asked for help. Management did not take any suggestions from his employees.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Management, work conditions and hours
Worst job I've ever had
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCDecember 29, 2018
This company is a nightmare run by soulless vampires. Employees are routinely gaslighted, scapegoated, and used by managers to explain away their own poor performance, improper conduct, and inability to be honest with their employees. There is a huge culture of blame. Executive leadership chases profits and ignores everything else, yet is routinely confounded when management cut corners, manage their employees poorly, or a situation pops up where someone obviously lacked integrity. The press release announcing the new CEO mentions customers last so I'm not sure anything has changed. Furthermore, Hill-Rom has closed offices, restructured compensation plans to cut payroll costs, and eliminated many jobs over the last several years.If you value your sanity, stay away!
Pros
Very few pros - there were decent benefits when I worked there
Cons
Poisonous culture, lack of accountability, managers with no integrity
Poor management and low compensation
medical field as Field Tech (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 22, 2018
Not a good place to work. Poor training. No career path.
Management was very disconnected and hands off from the field service team.
Poor communication
Lack of training and support.
Pros
Nice customer base
Cons
Poor company to work for
Secure job and full benefits
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Downey, CADecember 15, 2018
Hill-Rom offers great benefits and job security. Not much job growth. Not enough training to improve. Learn as you go. Time is of the essence so be prepared to work in a stressful environment. Management is fair and courteous to employees who do work and not slack off. Workplace culture tends to have a lot of gossip so do keep to yourself or don't speak your mind too often.
Pros
Job security and full benefits
Cons
Mediocre pay for hard work. Stressfull enviroment.
Pathetic and Traumatic professional experience ever!!
Project Leader (Former Employee) –  Acton, MADecember 6, 2018
I can not even start writing my review here, it’s pathetic and painful experience ever in career so far, but on second thought I realized it’s worth it to explain in detail how this work place is for strangers!!!

People in higher management do not understand the scope of project or seriousness and there is no clear direction from higher management, there is R & D director does not even understand the concept of project and timelines!! Bunch of trashy people!!! I’m amazed to experience how someone can be such lethargic and senseless at work place. People often play this game to blame on others so that way they do not have to answer to their managers for the project status!!!!

Higher management has clear lack of collaboration with colleagues in team and they are working like outsider, you can’t get the real picture of what’s happening from 800 miles away, you got to spend time closely and understand what people are working on and putting effort!!!!! Also looks like he is tied up with budget, what’s the point of holding higher position if doesn’t have power and decision capacity!!!

I would suggest and highly recommend to be loyal at least to yourself when it comes to evaluating of work and efforts people put at work place in some important projects but higher management at Allen clearly lacks ability to drive projects further!!!

How can you even do not realize genuine effort someone putting and trying hardest to put project on track!! Man worst ever experience and threshold of unprofessionalism.

My only glitch is when such kind of people after having experience
  more... (don’t know and not sure if genuine or fake) can’t realize the worth of people and their importance!!!!!
Scrutinized and pathetic!!!! l
Pros
Not the one I can think of
Cons
Lack of seriousness in higher management, no clear guidelines and directions, Poor knowledge and skills in higher management, high favoritism, lack of managerial skills
very laid back
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 3, 2018
good place to work for. some down time at times. would have been nice if there was a partner to pair up with. good experience with the hospital beds. the training was really good
Great
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCNovember 29, 2018
Great place to work, got to travel, pay was fair as well as benefits. Lots of locations so the work options and ability move within the company are amazing
Good experience
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLNovember 19, 2018
I had a good time working in the medical equipment industry. I was able to understand how the medical facilities acquire their medical equipment and how the are charged .
Lead Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Batesville, INNovember 15, 2018
Great job and easy to learn. They work with you on your schedules. Ample time to put on for PTO. Employees are great to work with. Management team is ok.
Pros
Pto, great employees
Cons
time management, no room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hill-Rom. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.3Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss