Hill-Rom Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
A surprisingly negative, unethical and sneaky corporation with one goal - $$$$$.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 11, 2017
The work culture, environment and attitude is as follows: old school, discriminatory, technological chaos, unpredictable with verbal harassment as well as s@$ual and extremely judgmental.
Pros
its a job if desperate
Cons
its a desperate job
Great company
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 4, 2017
I am a fairly new employee to Hill-Rom, but am very impressed and happy so far. The energy of the company seems very supportive and welcoming. I like how I can chose my availability.
Good Job
FIELD TECH (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 31, 2017
A Typical day at work would be cleaning, delivering and removing medical beds, and other medial to and from hospitals and other health care facilities. I also repaired beds and operating room equipment . co workers are great we all work well together
Had a good 10 year run
Truck Driver Delivery person (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INAugust 30, 2017
Some good times some bad times. Some jobs are just not very pleasant to do. Equipment was getting older with lots miles on road tractors and many many years on the trailers.
Pros
Work Clothes were furnished with name and company logo
Cons
Holidays worked most of them excepte Christmas
learned alot in my 18 years ar Hil-Rom
Manager of Marketing - Finance (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 22, 2017
dont know current managment team . Left Hill-Rom in 2006. seems they are been pinning their wheels since I left. Work / life balance not so good. Will work you to death
benefits
Cons
managment is clueless a lot of the time
I am not sure they are still in business
Account Clinical Director (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INAugust 21, 2017
If this company is still in business I am unaware. After many claims of Medicare fraud and competitive bidding took a bite out of them. The work was rewarding but never ending.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
there was no way to end the day
excentlent company to work for.
Driver / Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARAugust 17, 2017
my supervisor was the best, the other employees were great to work with.
they had a great training , good benefits lots of hours.
I got to travel to different cities to work and the other supervisors were always very receptive.
Poor Place to work
Floor Representative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 8, 2017
Company treats employees poorly, employees are under paid, workplace is a very stressful environment, there no room to advance. Benefits are at a minimum,
Pros
People are friendly
Cons
Everything else
work hard with very long hours,
Specialist Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Acton, MAAugust 5, 2017
this company only cares about the bottom line. Personal is near last on their priorities.
example, CEO came to visit our lab there were only 6 employees there at the time, he did not have anytime to say hello or have any interaction with us. poor personal skills. All he talks about in the town hall meeting is where he goes on vacation and where all the big sales meeting are going to be and how much fun they had while away.
Pros
pay scale is ok
Cons
felt like a number, no personality.
Nice place to work.
Account Executive, Acute Care (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INJuly 26, 2017
Great company with great people. Inconsistency in field coverage and support available. Little to no mentoring and little to no opportunity for advancement within division.
Selfish company that only cares about pinching pennies
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 24, 2017
this could be a very great place to work, the on call is manageable in the right service center. but god forbid you add on to your existing contracts because the company will not hire more help they just expect you to figure it out while managing overtime. this company is so worried about purchasing other companies it doesn't even consider its employees. i would never recommend someone working here.
Pros
the training is basically a vacation
Cons
everything else
Physically Challenging
Field Service Technician (FST)/ Capital Technician (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 6, 2017
Very physical job that takes dedication and initiative! Pay is competitive, team driven and safety oriented! They train their employees very well and expect professional service. National and world wide, so have the ability to move around the country or to other countries when work is available. There are many different aspects to the company, good social skills and customer service is a must!
Pros
competitive pay, earn overtime above 40hours
Cons
on call frequently, sometimes more work than people to complete the work.
Fairly easy work.
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Batesville, INJuly 5, 2017
The work is enjoyable for the most part. Must have an even temper because customers who are having an issue will often take it out on us. Management is not good at relaying needed information so most stuff is learned from co-workers and trial and error. The benefits are awesome and the pays not too bad.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
lack of communication
production
Rom, Machine Technician (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 1, 2017
worked in manufafacturing making the hospital beds, loved the job ended up a teamleader, sadly maunufacturing closed, moved back to Batesville Indiana, so many hurt employees .
Pros
good pay
Cons
had to watch your back .
Productive great attitude and positive person
Medical Equipment Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 30, 2017
Very productive person In a production environment. Is a very out going and humble guy. When it comes to being positive and helping others there is no limit.
Satisfactory Work Environment
Senior Model Maker (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INJune 17, 2017
Working conditions in the Model Shop were satisfactory. Teamwork was emphasized. Project work was somewhat challenging with cross training a primary focal point of management.
Pros
Independent project work
Nice place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INJune 14, 2017
Nice place to work. My managers were very wonderful people and provided me with a nice work experience. I was moved around a bit due to ever changing org structures but on the positive side I felt very needed and valued that they always found a place for me whenever the structure changed.
Good People, Great Place.
Service Technician I (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 13, 2017
Hill-Rom was a fast paced company that were based out of Batesville, IN. I worked in the Atlanta region where it was a rapid growth in the medical field.
Pros
Working with the Hospitals, Nursing homes, and home patients
Cons
Bonuses
Poor
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  N Charleston, SCJune 5, 2017
When I first started working there the place was wonderful. Management was pleasant. However there was some bad company decisions the hire ups made that caused some policy changes and that's all I can say about the company.
Great company to work for small perks
Asset Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alton, ILMay 29, 2017
I have been at Hill- Rom for 3 years and I love it. I work at a smaller hospital and the work is very light on some days with great people to work with. I only work on the weekends and come in as needed, but overall my experience has been great with Hill- Rom. I also like the fact that I work by myself and you can work at your own pace as long as you get your work done.
Pros
Working alone, decent pay, good bonuses.
Cons
Not having a boss

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hill-Rom. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss