Hill-Rom Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Biomedical Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INApril 6, 2017
travel a lot all throughout the Northeast
Good Customer Service
great, good understanding of the BMET Culture
busy but fun
winter travel
talking to customers
Poor culture
Vice President, Finance - International Division (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 4, 2017
Management concerned primarily about themselves. Really poor leadership and makes very emotional short term decisions only.
Decisions are made on emotion and people are unfairly treated with a clear focus on pitting employees against one another promoting a very unhealthy work environment.

A constant turnover of management and direction leads to constant confusion and unnecessary non value added rework.
Pros
Some good people
Cons
treat people unfai
Great place to work. They compensated you well and it was a family oriented environment.
CREDIT MANAGEMENT ANALYST/COLLECTOR (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMarch 27, 2017
I was in collections, so my day consisted of analyzing accounts and calling to collect on those accounts. Sometimes I had to correct invoices or research an invoice that a hospital disputed. There were monthly "stuffing" parties where we would all meet in the conference room and stuff the invoices that went out that month. I learned to be a professional there. The hardest part of the job was not meeting your goal at the end of the month. The most enjoyable part was meeting your goal at the end of the month.
Pros
Bonuses for meeting your goals.
Cons
When the CFO comes to meet with the team didn't meet their goals.
Work load can be a bit much
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 20, 2017
Deliver to hospitals all over the valley, from early AM till late evening. They had you on deliver time schedule, expecting things to be finished in a determined amount of time. Hard to put a time limit on each issue as they are all different.
Pros
Day shift
Cons
Lots of work
great place to work with lots of room to advance
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INMarch 14, 2017
worked in various positions in the factory
Learned new jobs and gained a vast knowledge of production
helped with continuing education
Loved the people I worked with.
Pros
ability for advancement
Cons
not really any
Continually challenged
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Batesville, INMarch 6, 2017
Opportunities to work thru issues on a daily basis. Slowly the culture is changing to understand that we are now an electronics company and not just a furniture company making hospital beds. Multiple acquisitions provide an opportunity to create your own path.
good place to work
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INMarch 2, 2017
Hello
i work for Hill Rom for 43 years and retired in 2013 started working in AP finishing cabinets then moved to machining wood from there to
welding from there to machining metal products from there to maintenance from there to shipping finished products from there to receiving inspection last job before i retired has been a good place
to work and provide for my family
Great
Rental Agent (Current Employee) –  Batesville, INFebruary 28, 2017
Great place to work , pay competitive and shifts are reasonable. People are great to work with in the area I am in. I am currently still working .
Stable employment with good opportunities
IT Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 16, 2017
Compensation and benefits package are highly competitive. Company is an industry leader and therefore is positioned for personnel advancement. Advancement sometimes requires willingness to relocate.
leadership
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COFebruary 9, 2017
Could have better team work and all talk to each other better. The bosses have the people who they like better than others and it should be the same.
productive fun work place
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 25, 2017
on the road to different hospital through out the day
how to manage my time
good management
good work place culture
the traveling was the hardest part of the job
going to different hospitals
Pros
the people that i work with
Cons
to much time on the road
Good Work Experience
Recertification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 16, 2017
A great company with a reputable product. Mostly health care Medicaid and Medicare reimbursement functions. Can be quite challenging to sort through all of government requirements. You spend a great deal of time on the phone requesting the same documentation over and over again!
Pros
Good field of work
Cons
None worth mentioning
Very good place to work!
Assembler/Welder (Current Employee) –  Batesville, INJanuary 5, 2017
I've been working at Hill-Rom for 5 months & so far I really like working there. The people are very nice & are very fair to me. You are required to work 120 days before you're considered for full time,which I think is a little bit of a stretch but other than that I love the place.
Pros
Breaks every 2 hours
Hard working
Asset Specialist (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INJanuary 4, 2017
As long are you are a hard worker and you dedicate yourself to you will enjoy yourself at this job. You need to have a lot of self discipline to be successful with this Company.
Run for your life!
Manager (Former Employee) –  IndianaDecember 24, 2016
They start out saying work-life balance but run you into the ground without caring how much work you have. Other depts don't help out even if they could. It's treated like a men's club if you get along with top mgmt you will sell your soul for cash. They will burn you out for money if you succeed. The second you don't fit in any more they will try keep you out of other jobs in the company so you cant stay. They hold you accountable for bad training and things you couldn't possibly know and then use that against you in the process. RUN DON'T WALK FROM HERE!
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else in a job, very backstabbing and have clicks with VP levels
OK place to work
Test Engineer/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCDecember 23, 2016
Work focus always changing, management unclear often as to direction creating confusion in the day-to-day. OK place to work.
Cons
Too much reliance on contract help
I think this is the best job i have had
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTDecember 23, 2016
Hill-Rom is a very good employee and management relationship. I haven't had a job like this that I enjoyed going to everyday. I really don't have anything negative to say about this company.
Pros
Paid Training and Travel. Benefits are good as well.
Cons
No complaints
Understandable company of your schedule
Certified Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  MichiganDecember 10, 2016
Hill-Rom would ship medical equipment to patient home and fax me as an instructor the paperwork. My job was to contact recipient of equipment and arrange a home visit for instruction on proper use. Paperwork to be filled out and signed as to proper training and physical reaction to therapy of the mucus clearance system.
A very friendly work enviornment
Asset Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MODecember 6, 2016
The hardest part of the job would be a busy day because you by yourself and you have to deliver as well as pick up equipment from every floor 2-10 The most enjoyable day is its the same thing every day so you adapt really quick there are no coworkers its only you A typical day at work would be stocking the ER and ICU rooms first then all other floors with IV poles, feeding pumps, suctions, kpad etc
Pros
health insurance, benefits, breaks
Cons
the load, and its hard to reach your manager
Great Environment
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INNovember 13, 2016
Hill-Rom provides a great work environment.
Great technical systems to help track and follow through with daily tasks. Opportunities through out the company to grow .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hill-Rom. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight