Hill Country Memorial Employee Reviews

Read on
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, TXMay 2, 2018
The benefits were very small, and unaffordable. Had to work holidays because other people didn’t want to. CEO is amazing! Management was very kind to any issues or personal concerns and quick to handle it. I put my two weeks in, and left. Tried to come back once i moved back home, and they wouldn’t let me return into a new position, and they wouldn’t tell me why i wouldn’t be rehired.
Opportunity
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, TXMarch 27, 2018
Culture has changed a lot over the last six to eight years. Many employees are afraid of leadership. Turnover is high. Employee input is not often heard.
Strong Culture
Director (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, TXDecember 16, 2017
There is a strong culture of excellence and ethics throughout every area of the organization. Staff truly care deeply about their patients and work, and leaders focus on being the best in the nation at everything. There is a lot of pressure because of this, but it is rewarding to be part of such a highly-ranked and excellent healthcare organization. Patients and community are so supportive too with very positive feedback.
Leadership needs unity and others need to be first as is supposedly the culture.
Circulating RN (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, TXNovember 14, 2017
The leadership that I work for do not agree on unit decisions. There is animosity among them. The HR dept is extremely sensitive and throws things out of proportion and creates drama where there isn't any
In home care giver
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, TXSeptember 29, 2016
Absolutely loved the way I was able to interact with patients.
Inspired me to become a Medical Assistant and pursue a career in health care.
Pros
able to interact with patients
Cons
getting attached to a patient
Awesome Place Best place I have ever worked
Supervisor/RN Hill Country Memorial Hospital (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, TXSeptember 9, 2015
I love HCM - the only reason I am looking for other work if for PRN to pay off a lawyer bill. Best place ever to work. They have awesome employee empowerment and employees are able to serve on steering committee and self governance. They are family that support each other.
Pros
AWESOME Management
Cons
insurance coverage is a little lacking
icu/tele tec
icu (Former Employee) –  fredericksburg texasAugust 16, 2015
Supervisor not will to work with my hours.. didn't care that I have a life outside of work. Was promised they would work with me to find something that I could have day shifts with.. that was a lie. Will never work there again
PCT/ Ward Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, TXJune 18, 2015
Best Hospital I ever worked for. Management really cared about staff they said it and showed it. Had caring co-workers all working for the good of the patient. Sometimes you had to carry more than your workload. We always got rewarded with a great breakfast.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work load
Travel Nurses beware
Travel RN (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, TxFebruary 5, 2013
Put on a smile, even if it is fake. In the past 2 months 2 travel nurses have been fired. These nurses were not written-up, just fired and escorted out....
Pros
good mission statement and core values
Cons
inexperienced managers/staff in surgery.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hill Country Memorial. Our community is ready to answer.

Hill Country Memorial Reviews by Location