Hill International Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Hill International
(Consultant) Acting Director of Tax (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 26, 2018
Supervise Federal and state income tax compliance for publicly traded $500 million dollar construction management company with operations in 25 countries
Typical day at work
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 4, 2018
No bad comments or complaints.
Corporate environment
management was a good team
location was great
co-workers were great to work with as well....
Loved working
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York NYMay 8, 2018
Very nice people to work with - everyone was part of a team, with the same goals, everyone pitched in to fulfill the end project, and it was more of a family oriented place to work.
Good Work Place
Project Manaber (Former Employee) –  Astana St. Regis ProjectApril 24, 2018
It was a good experience. Conditions were acceptable. Only issue was not having enough backlog in the company. Therefore, long term employment is not always possible.
Hill's Day
Project Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAApril 24, 2018
Many projects to manage and review for work value. Heavy paperwork and project reporting. Expect long hours for a days work.

Lack of human resource to consult with.

Some managers seem to be concerned with themselves and not employees producing the work.
Pros
many hours
Cons
not appreciative of work
Professional Organization
Project Management /Construction Management (Current Employee) –  Irving, TX 75038April 12, 2018
Great professional organization. I enjoyed working with all team members. I dealt with other Project Managers, Architects, Construction Supervisors and all construction workers to oversee the project to a complete and timely conclusion. The hardest part of the job was scheduling and managing deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the team to ensure completing the job on time and under budget.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Location of Project
My Comments
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAApril 8, 2018
Company was based on the East Coast and I was recruited to work on a construction project on the West Coast. As far as I can tell from my remote interaction, it was ok.
Was a nice place to work before it moved to Philadelphia, PA
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 27, 2018
I liked my group and my supervisor, have worked for him for over 20 years. It was a great place to work when it was in New Jersey but it moved to Philadelphia in 2015 and I haven't liked it since then. Commuting all week is exhausting.
Pros
Benefits, Vacation, Co-Workers
Cons
Moved to Philadelphia
Great place to work.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 6, 2018
Hill international is a great place to work and provides opportunity to work on some of the largest projects in the world. Good benefits including bonuses for professional license and certificates. Educational reimbursement, time to attend professional conferences and events. Salary is above average for my profession.
Pros
Education, advanced learning oppertunities, good benifits
Cons
No value in safety programs
A fine company. Yet, downsizing is causing insecurity amongst employees.
Field Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 19, 2018
A fine company. However, Hill is undergoing a major restructuring. Mainly, this translates to downsizing. A feeling of insecurity is currently inherent for many of Hill employees.

Want to know more about Hill International?

Ask a question
Very good place to work
Sr. Project Manager - HigherEd Facilities (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 25, 2018
I really enjoyed the projects at Hill and my team was good to work with. Overall, the company is very competitive regarding benefits, etc.
My supervisor gave be great freedom to do my job.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
long commute to/from work
Excellent Company
Director/Project Manager and Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Turkey, Georgia, LatviaJanuary 19, 2018
I have created a fantastic working team that gave excellent results. All components kept professional inter-relations after the contracts have been completed.
Pros
Good inter-relations with all the team
Cons
No cons
Working & Entertainment during years.
Resident Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ar RiyāḍJanuary 10, 2018
I have been working as a resident engineer for the Riyadh metro Project. My role for the Riyadh Metro project Completed and Hill do not have any other project in hand to work for it that was the reason to switch to another company.
Pros
Monthly Refreshment during Project Updates.
Cons
Health Care, Annual Dinner, Sports.
Decline
Senior Vice President and Treasurer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 3, 2018
Managed Global Treasury
Handled all SOX responsibilities
lead on acquisitions
learned capital markets, debt restructuring, covenant compliance and banking relationships
good company to work for very professional
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 10, 2017
good company to work for very professional, give you the opportunity to learn, Hill has there own University to take classes on line. you get evaluated in a good fashional time.
Pros
oppuntunity to learn
Cons
not knowing if you will be on another project
Productive and fun work place
Project Controls Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 30, 2017
Some Management are outstanding. days fly fast with reasonable amount of work.

Workplace is very professional.

International opportunities for interested employees.
Pros
various social activities
Cons
few days off
Hill International
Vice President, Business Development Southwest (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 12, 2017
Hill is currently undergoing great change as an activist investor group has taken a significant ownership of this public company. They won a majority of board seats in a proxy battle which resulted in the resignation of David Richter who's father was the founder of Hill.
The new management put a cost cutting program in place which resulted in the elimination of many non-billable emloyees at the company.
Pros
Great people at the local level
Cons
clients may see the firm in flux and this may make aquiring new clients more difficult
Excellent company to work for
Project Administrator - EchoWater Project (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 12, 2017
I have worked for Hill International for 5 years as an embedded employee at the Client's work site, which is an excellent atmosphere to work in, I work independently from my company's home office.
good place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2017
Good place to work at ! Did not have complain. There are issue with project itself, but HILL International have always supported their staff. I enjoyed working while i was there. Personal issue force me to resign for the company.
Highly skilled staff and light atmosphere.
Project Manager ( CM Agent) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 5, 2017
It was a good place to work, with lots of freedom to go where you needed to go and take care of your projects. The staff were highly qualified and educated. Enjoyable and light atmosphere. The business plan for each new employee was sketchy or unclear.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Lack of individual business plan for project managers