Hill Physicians Medical Group Employee Reviews

Experience at Hill Physicians
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAApril 26, 2018
Hill Physicians is the worst place to work if you're in customer service. The benefits that the company offers is hardly extended to the CS dept. You receive PTO, but you can't take the time off because management only allows two people off each day in a large department. On one occasion management didn't approve a person taking a day off for her son's wedding, so she had to take it "unplanned."
Great company!
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 21, 2018
I've been with Hill for 8 years now. Company and staff are FOCUSED on giving people, both inside and outside the company, the best. Great culture. Great teamwork. I highly recommend.
Pros
Best company culture I've ever worked in.
great place with great employees
Customer service coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAFebruary 8, 2018
my time at hpmg was great the management was excellent and the training that you receive is out of this world . they are so hands on and want you to reach the highest level of success .
Hills Physicians
Customer Service Coordinator I (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJanuary 11, 2018
I worked in the Call Services Center with Hills Physicians and found the job to be fast paced and the management staff inconsistent with their policy.

For me it was a great stepping stone into Healthcare but I would not recommend a job within the call center.
Nurse Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CADecember 18, 2017
I worked at HPMG for 12 years and would have continued working there if I hadn't relocated. The company is very much pro work/life balance and management Is wonderful.
Pros
work life balance, management fair and approachable
Cons
can't think of any
Customer Service Supervisor
Medical Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CANovember 13, 2017
It was a pleasure to assist our customers in getting their medical claims paid. After I explained the process, customers then understood on why their claims were paid or not paid
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CASeptember 22, 2017
I enjoyed working at Hill Physicians Medical Group. The pay was competitive, the training was exceptional, and management was always helpful. We would get summer hours and that was very exciting. My co-workers were also pleasant and easy to work with in a call center environment.
Healthcare company with well Health benefits
Sr. SQL Developer (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJune 12, 2017
Good to work with this company if you have long term intention.
relaxed work environment with great benefits including health, dental, vision, 401K match
great company to pick your pcp with
Sanction Specialist and Service Support (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAMay 12, 2017
this place has been around for a long time and they have always been a great place to work they take care of their employees and stay in with the times
Best Employee Culture
Individual Contributor (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAMarch 26, 2017
Employees here are friendly and highly engaged, and generally all enjoy their work and their teams. Regularly recognized as a top rated company due Employee Wellness & Employee Satisfaction!
Pros
Annual bonuses, supportive manager, free wellness workshops, exercise days, open communication
Cons
Very good at helping employees get healthy
Concurrent Review Nurse (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CA 95202February 9, 2017
I enjoyed my employment there and would still be there if not laid off due to budget cuts. They are big on finding a work - life balance and providing assistance to assist.
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
budgets cuts
Family orientated workplace
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CADecember 10, 2015
Management is very understanding of family situations and the need to take time off when necessary. There is plenty of opportunities for training and growing. No dress code and family orientated so everyone feels like family.
Pros
No dress code, benefits
This company truly cares about it's employees. Awesome company
Concurrent Review RN (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CADecember 7, 2014
A typical day at work for me starts off pretty stress free. I have full autonomy and design my schedule as I see fit. The employees at HPMG are family oriented and support each other just as family would.
You get more with Hill
Project Manager-Business & Infrastructure (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJuly 28, 2014
Friendly co-workers and treated with integrity and respect from all senior and executive management.
difficult advancement
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  San RamonJune 10, 2014
Not much room for advancement in medical management. The management is very stable which leaves little room for employee advancement.
Not a company for aspiring people
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJanuary 29, 2014
It is hard to come from outside and work at this place as most of the people are from 10-15 years and acceptability for new person is low. The company is struggling with finance and due to low membership every health plan matters. (they sometimes give one movie ticket as Christmas gift). They do not overspend on any thing but it is highly unstructured. Job duties are not well defined. The people who work here for long time have absolutely no aspirations and company kind of encourages that.

And, most importantly, the company is absolutely fanatic about the 90 day evaluation. For new people who intend to join this company must be mindful of this clause in the offer letter as this is serious clause. They terminate the employment for some reasons which some may not find justifiable (e.g. No one liked you in your 90 days)
Pros
small membership, still make profits
Cons
does not have lot of dollars
Productive and fun.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CASeptember 14, 2012
My typical day... handling over sixty to eighty incoming telephone calls per day in regards to account maintenance. This was the first job that was demanding to be on the phones and in my seat all day. I learned to respect every call coming through and to listen to details. The hardest part of the job was if necessary, pending an issue and not resloving it the same day. In this department the Customer Service Dept. consisted of 25-30, employees...we had so much fun!
Most enjoyable part, I enjoyed coming to work everyday.
Pros
games and winning awards
Cons
short breaks
Productive and flexible work enviornment
Data Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  san ramon, caSeptember 4, 2012
This company is a very on-production type of work, were your number count a lot. There is a lot of sitting at the computer time especially in customer service and claims department. The benefits of working here is they have weekly meditation, exercise programs, discounts to many local and out of city venues/attractions. Currently the company is working on implementing a new system and higher management is extremely busy with that because thats a main focus.
Pros
exercise programs, 1 floating holiday per year, discount programs
Great Place to work
Recovery Specialist (Centricity Software) (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJuly 9, 2012
Was able to utilize my experience in the health care business. Great opportunity for advancement
Pros
many perks from free lunches to fun company gatherings and paid shortened summer hours.
great place
Manager, Clinical Analysis/Physician Compensation (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAApril 10, 2012
It rocks! The company keeps pace with the healthcare industry