Hill Physicians Medical Group Employee Reviews

Silo mentality
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJune 30, 2019
Terrible place to work! Unless you know the right people, you are set up to fail, in the door. There are certain employees who advance because of who they know and others who works there for many,many, many years and go nowhere.
Terrible leadership and 5 year plan
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJanuary 30, 2019
There are a LOT of directors and VP's, compared to the amount of staff doing the work. The joke is you have to be a "working" director when you come on, as there is so much to do. Leadership does not like staff feedback, they say they do, but don't listen to you when you speak up. Consistently worked full days and then logged in at night/weekends to finish. That was the norm for everyone, you had real time convo's with ppl at random hours. Reward for your hard work? A $50 gift card at the end of the year and monitoring via skype messenger (don't you dare go to the bathroom!). CEO does not like people working from home, so that will be on the chopping block next. There is no holiday party. The only fun to be had is if you plan it. As in everything, you are responsible for your own joy :)

Advancement is possible if you know how to work the room. Take ownership of one project, make sure its too confusing to understand operations or financials (smoke screen), compliment the right people and then you are the next VP of a whole new department. MEETING MANIA. 5 year plan is atrocious, the architects inept and either in over their heads or driven by ego. Those that aren't used car salesmen are either too tired to fight or were smart enough to leave. The leadership is terribly short sighted and emotionally charged. Which is terrible for the few good managers left. They function more like the company's janitors trying to clean up the mess in order for staff to function.

100% job security (unless you're in IT), but they will milk you dry. Your time is theirs, not your own. IT under
  more... constant 're-org', CTO looking to outsource the majority. Most of the IT floor is contractors and difficult to develop consistency. Workforce is very sick, which impacts your wallet since this increases $$ you have to contribute from your check and emotionally sucks. We used to be a family there, and it's hard to see your family members die off. More people diagnosed with cancer in one building than they have in an entire GLOBAL company. There are no amazing perks. We'd get reprimanded for ordering sandwich trays for a LUNCH MEETING (which there were a lot of). They do have wellness onsite but you get the side-eye if you participate, as no one truly has time for that! The best thing about it used to be the people, and all the really good ones are gone now or about to leave. The CS floor runs like a sweatshop, the medical management floor uses food to cope through the chaos. It is a very unhealthy environment where those that succeed are the ones who know how to manipulate the system.

You will be spending a lot of time on-site, the people around you are exhausted, frustrated or leaving. But you will gain a lot of experience and exposure to different projects (which means "short staffed"-you have to pick up the slack). If you can go in and come out with your health and life as you started, then you will have accomplished more than 87 (out of 506) people did in 2018. Tight finance management plan means it will be all hands on deck with the minimum amount of $ investment/incentive humanly possible.

Good luck.
Pros
San Ramon; job security
Cons
no work/life balance; leadership; 5 year plan; micro-managing
Regular work culture
Integration Architect (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAOctober 26, 2018
typical day at work, good workplace culture. healthy work place. Lot of new initiatives happening, good place for long term planning employees. good retirement plans.
Management Nightmare
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAOctober 24, 2018
Leaders are on the dark, too many good people let go. No staff development programs, no follow through on promises. Takes advantage of loyal employees.
Pros
Wellness Events
Great Place to Work
Recovery Specialist, Corporate Audit (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAAugust 30, 2018
Hill Physician is a great place to work at. They promote a healthy work environment with provided meditation sessions. I had to move back to San Francisco, so I couldn't afford the commute to San Ramon. The percentage of raised salary are competitive but I suppose to depends on which department you work with.
Pros
meditaitons sessions, excercise groups
Cons
extra cririculum are required for extra PTO points.
Fun place to work in a relaxed environment
Customer Services Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJuly 18, 2018
Hill Physicians is an excellent company to work for when you want to enter the medical field. The knowledge you gain from being throughly trained in the customer service department will take you far with any company you work for in the future.
Pros
Helpful coworkers, great supervisors, friendly environment
Cons
Low wages, expensive benefits
Experience at Hill Physicians
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAApril 26, 2018
Hill Physicians is the worst place to work if you're in customer service. The benefits that the company offers is hardly extended to the CS dept. You receive PTO, but you can't take the time off because management only allows two people off each day in a large department. On one occasion management didn't approve a person taking a day off for her son's wedding, so she had to take it "unplanned."
Great company!
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 21, 2018
I've been with Hill for 8 years now. Company and staff are FOCUSED on giving people, both inside and outside the company, the best. Great culture. Great teamwork. I highly recommend.
Pros
Best company culture I've ever worked in.
great place with great employees
Customer service coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAFebruary 8, 2018
my time at hpmg was great the management was excellent and the training that you receive is out of this world . they are so hands on and want you to reach the highest level of success .
Hills Physicians
Customer Service Coordinator I (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJanuary 11, 2018
I worked in the Call Services Center with Hills Physicians and found the job to be fast paced and the management staff inconsistent with their policy.

For me it was a great stepping stone into Healthcare but I would not recommend a job within the call center.
Nurse Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CADecember 18, 2017
I worked at HPMG for 12 years and would have continued working there if I hadn't relocated. The company is very much pro work/life balance and management Is wonderful.
Pros
work life balance, management fair and approachable
Cons
can't think of any
Customer Service Supervisor
Medical Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CANovember 13, 2017
It was a pleasure to assist our customers in getting their medical claims paid. After I explained the process, customers then understood on why their claims were paid or not paid
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CASeptember 22, 2017
I enjoyed working at Hill Physicians Medical Group. The pay was competitive, the training was exceptional, and management was always helpful. We would get summer hours and that was very exciting. My co-workers were also pleasant and easy to work with in a call center environment.
Healthcare company with well Health benefits
Sr. SQL Developer (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJune 12, 2017
Good to work with this company if you have long term intention.
relaxed work environment with great benefits including health, dental, vision, 401K match
great company to pick your pcp with
Sanction Specialist and Service Support (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAMay 12, 2017
this place has been around for a long time and they have always been a great place to work they take care of their employees and stay in with the times
Best Employee Culture
Individual Contributor (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAMarch 26, 2017
Employees here are friendly and highly engaged, and generally all enjoy their work and their teams. Regularly recognized as a top rated company due Employee Wellness & Employee Satisfaction!
Pros
Annual bonuses, supportive manager, free wellness workshops, exercise days, open communication
Cons
Very good at helping employees get healthy
Concurrent Review Nurse (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CA 95202February 9, 2017
I enjoyed my employment there and would still be there if not laid off due to budget cuts. They are big on finding a work - life balance and providing assistance to assist.
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
budgets cuts
Family orientated workplace
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CADecember 10, 2015
Management is very understanding of family situations and the need to take time off when necessary. There is plenty of opportunities for training and growing. No dress code and family orientated so everyone feels like family.
Pros
No dress code, benefits
This company truly cares about it's employees. Awesome company
Concurrent Review RN (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CADecember 7, 2014
A typical day at work for me starts off pretty stress free. I have full autonomy and design my schedule as I see fit. The employees at HPMG are family oriented and support each other just as family would.
You get more with Hill
Project Manager-Business & Infrastructure (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJuly 28, 2014
Friendly co-workers and treated with integrity and respect from all senior and executive management.