Hill Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

Fast pace, interesting public interaction
ER Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, TXApril 30, 2018
I very much enjoy working with the public. I enjoy helping in anyway I can. I feel like I am a team player. The ER can be very challenging at any time. Ambulance coming in the bay area, ER patient(s) approaching the window to be check in with a very bad injury and the clerk has to stay calm and tend to each patient in a timely manner.
I would love to work there for a full-time job.
STUDENT ROTATION (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, TX 76645December 20, 2017
My phlebotomy supervisor was the best teacher I have ever had. She was extremely patient and taught me more than I could have ever learned in class. She never talk down to me and I am very thankful for that.
In saying this, It helped me become a better phlebotomist and more confident and reaching the goal that I wanted to reach.
Pros
Very laid back
Cons
Cafeteria closes very early
Uncaring about employees
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, TXFebruary 24, 2017
Management has no clue to what employees need to make their jobs easier or successful. It all comes down to money. Cutting costs, whether it's with supplies or cutting hours. There is also no communication at all so be ready to figure things out on your own
Pros
Lots of time off
Cons
No incentive
Workplace review
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, TXFebruary 20, 2017
I would NOT recommend this place to a new nurse. Training is way under par and they only care about having a body to fill the numbers. They do not, IMO, care about optimal nurse training or patient safety. Unfortunately this was my first hospital job fresh out of school and although I'm thankful for the experience, it taught me what to appreciate in my current location, I would not recommend them.
Great place to work,
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, TXJanuary 25, 2017
12 hour shifts. I learned a lot from the nurses and doctors at this facility. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. I was able to work in different departments for example ER, labor and delivery.
Nice laid back place to work
Surgical Tech (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, TXApril 11, 2016
Typical day would be clocking in and get assignment for the day.
What I learned most is time management. How to use free time in between cases. Managers are easy going easy to work with and get along with. Co-workers are enjoyable fun to be around on a daily basis. Hardest part of my job was taking call. Most enjoyable part of my job was seeing a patient after their surgery and they felt better.
Pros
Free time
Cons
Taking call being away from home
Great learning experience
LVN (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, TXFebruary 13, 2016
This was my first nursing job. I had a seasoned LVN train me. She taught me how to apply my training. This place was the steeping stone to my nursing career. I was trained in most of the areas in the hospital. I worked in OB, Nursery, ICU, Telemetry and SNF.
My co-workers taught me how to be a team player.
The hardest part of my job was leaving to grow in my nursing career.
The most enjoyable part of my job was welcoming a new life into the world.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Poor pay
HR at Hill Regional Hospital
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, TXDecember 8, 2015
Hill Regional Hospital in Hillsboro, Texas is a great place to work. The people are friendly and everyone wants to help you succeed.
The Best Kept Secret in TX
Director of Human Resource (Current Employee) –  Human ResourcesDecember 11, 2014
Awesome place to work. Personalized care and great staff.

Hill Regional Hospital is your community healthcare provider; a 116-bed acute care facility with a wide range of inpatient and outpatient, diagnostic, and emergency health services. Our recent expansion added a new medical/surgical unit, 31 private rooms with private baths, and expanded waiting rooms, consult rooms and support offices.
Flexible hours and benefits
CNA & Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, TXOctober 8, 2014
Hill Regional hires personable and wonderful staff. They are all dedicated to providing the best care to their patients and play as a team.
I didn't like the computer charting they used.
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, TXJuly 30, 2013
My review of Hill Regional is not very good because they hired several people at one time, then decided they didn't need us after all after one and a half months.
Behind the times.
Telemetry Tech/ PCT in ER and ICU (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, TXOctober 3, 2012
This place is just not as advanced as other hospitals in the metroplex. I learned alot working in the ICU as there was only one nurse so I had to help out alot.
Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, TXApril 4, 2012
I love the atmosphere and the clientel at my place of employment.