HILLCREST COUNTRY CLUB Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Buffet Server (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 8, 2018
I love working here. It gets hectic at times but everyone works well together and we all work hard to get the job done. there are many different areas of this job you could buss tables, serve foo, be a bartender, serve at events, work the snack bar, be a caddie, clean, roll silver where, cook wash dishes its really an open place to be and its exciting the people we meet.
Pros
free lunch, the people we see, the open atomsphere.
Cons
long sfits from time to time.
Productive workplace with good management
Turf Management Crew (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 13, 2018
The hours start extremely early in order to prepare the course for a day's worth of golf. That is both positive because of how early you can get off but also negative because you have no energy when you do get off.
Pros
Excellent management and co workers
Cons
early start times
Fancy, conservative, lots of old people, fun co-workers
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 1, 2018
I felt out of place as I am definitely not "fancy" and had to check myself several times. Also, as hostess I was required to dress in my Sunday best every day. That aspect and the watching my P's & Q's all the time was a bit tense.
This place does not care about its employees
BACK OF HOUSE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Century City, CAFebruary 1, 2018
I had the benefit of working for a great Catering Director, but if it weren't for her I would have left a long time ago. Different departments refuse to be cohesive or work well together, while at the same time try to push blame for anything on anyone else. Overall, the Club doesn't really care about its employees despite their mission to say that they do.
Pros
Free employee cafe, allowed to play tennis and golf
Cons
dysfunctional, inadequate pay, lack of managerial responsibility
Golf course
Assistant Head-Pro (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKJanuary 23, 2018
Long hours. Get free golf. Members expect everything and then some. Good place to learn customer service basics. Haven't worked here in over 4 years. Not sure who is managing now.
Pros
free golf
Nice people but Lacking Management
Server (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 8, 2018
Many employees were nice people with kind hearts along with many members. There was a particular group of employees who were favored more by a certain manager, which made that group act superior towards their other colleagues. This made working as a team stressful, difficult, and obnoxious.

It was also extremely stressful at times to do simple tasks due to the lack of communication and knowledge of how things should run from both the managers.

Management strictly enforces rules but does not lead by example. There is a mandatory unpaid 30 minute break that you are not able to regulate, and there is no way to know for sure if you are being paid correctly.
Fun workplace
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Pulaski, TNDecember 22, 2017
Fun workplace , great place to learn to make mix drinks. Also , wedding reception and birthday parties are available to bartend. Need to tewuwdt a beverage cart for golf tournaments.
Pros
Dicounts
Cons
Weekends
Not the best place to work
PRO SHOP MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 29, 2017
Management is horrible. Crazy hours. Working 12 hours a day and then expect us to be there at 5am the next morning. Horrible work/life balance. Go work at a different country club.
Poor leadership
Lead Line (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 27, 2017
Executive chef that doesn't know his head from a hole in the ground. His ego surpasses his skills. worst executive chef i have ever seen. He came from california and had the manner that he was better than idaho chefs.
Fun place to work
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 19, 2017
I like working at Hillcrest, but the members can be jerks and sometime you feel more like a servant than a server. But the pay is good and the coworkers are awesome. The pros outweigh the cons most days.
Fun place to work for summer
Customer Service -Summer Position Only (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKNovember 13, 2017
It was a good summer job to have. It was a fun and relaxed place to work but there was a lack of management. The workers were pretty much free to do whatever they wanted too
Luxury Environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 23, 2017
Work with dedicated team members in stable work environment in luxury environment with long standing history in community and Los Angeles Culture. Dedication to needs of employees and good benefits. Meals provided. Enjoyed my time here very much and continue to have long-standing friendships after leaving this position.
one of the worst jobs I have ever had
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 29, 2017
I had never worked fine dining and this was not the right job to be my first time working fine dining. They were so under staffed everyday that I would be soaked in sweat from running. but the workers are awesome!
Pros
nice business
Cons
The micro managing and froma manager that didnt help with anything
Fun place to work with awesome co-workers
Lifeguard & Swim Lesson Instructor (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 13, 2017
I found Hillcrest to be a fun place to work in that I had already made friendships before introducing myself into the work environment. The club was a great place for a summer job.
Pros
Free lunch/dinner
Cons
rude members, management was ok
Fun place with awesome managers
Bag Room Employee (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKJune 5, 2017
Really fun place to work where you can meet the awesome members out at the country club and learn how to golf, if you would like to. The managers are awesome here and will help with anything you need.
Cons
only pays minimum wage
Fast paced, fun, and safe work environment.
Cafe Attendant (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAMay 23, 2017
Working at Hillcrest Country Club has been a great experience so far. It has taught me many lessons in life. I can't wait to use all that I have learned here in the future.
Its was a fun environment
Custodial (Former Employee) –  LubbockMay 5, 2017
I like working with them . Company was nice and everyone worked together. Was very friendly had a open door policy . Felt like work but then it seem more like family fun there to keep club run smoothly
Pros
It was nice workong insidw and outside
tiempo
Instructor de tennis (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OklahomaApril 17, 2017
habit tiempo para hacer otras cosas contrarias a solo trabajar
Not too bad
Landscaper (Current Employee) –  Batesville, INMarch 26, 2017
Pretty good place to work with good people. The pay is a bit low but in the long run I was just looking for a summer job with 40 hours a week and thats what i got.
fast pace and fun
Server (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKDecember 1, 2016
Worked with many members throughout the day, set up special private parties
learned leadership skills and communication skills
enjoyed all of my co workers
hardest part of the job was stacking 200 chairs one by one
most enjoyable part was meeting the people of my community