Hillcrest Hospital South Employee Reviews

RN Circulator - Surgery (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 2, 2018
Management is terrible. They have no interest in helping their employees and do not appreciate the amount of work put in. They treat their staff poorly and do not compensate well.
Hhs
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 16, 2018
This hospital was horribly managed. Manager is rude. No job security, you never know if shes going to wake up on the wrong side of the bed and fire you.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 12, 2018
I have enjoyed my time here. The culture is very relaxed and my work schedule is flexible, which is great for me because I tend to do superior work when I have more control.
good job to start with if your are going to school
SR. PATIENT ACCESS REPRESENTATIVE/CTA (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 30, 2018
Definitely a good place to gain experience in all different departments. The department you are hired for isn't always where you work. competitive pay compared to other hospitals in the area with better benefits than most.
Pros
always opportunities for overtime
Cons
short breaks
Good place to start
FINANCIAL COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 14, 2018
It is a good place to get your foot in the door in healthcare. The benefits are amazing. The onboarding process is very thorough but you feel comfortable about where you work.
Productive and fun working place
Patient Access Rep (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OK 74133April 19, 2018
i have learned a lot since working here and management is incredible. i enjoy being a part of the hillcrest south family and taking care of our patients with the utmost respect and care!
Pros
teamwork
Cons
pay
Na
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 7, 2018
good place to work at, friendly staff and management. Nurses are great here. lab teach are very helpful. Security always there when needed. ICU team was great to work with.
Great group of people to work with
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  PRIMARY CARE GROUP OF TULSA/DR JOHN JENNINGSDecember 10, 2017
I enjoyed my coworkers there at the time ,my manager was great,I also enjoyed working with dr john jennings. The only reason I left my position there is I was needing more money
Great Benefits
RN (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 20, 2017
This is a great place to work with a small hospital feel but all the essential functions of a much larger hospital. Great location with an easy commute from most places.
overall a good place to work
Extern (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 30, 2017
Enjoyed my time here. Doctors and other employees are professional and seemed to care about the well being of the patients there. Overall a busy place but seems to well balanced.

Want to know more about Hillcrest Hospital South?

Ask a question
Very disorganized
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 28, 2017
This company did not pay well and was disorganized. They used paper charting and were not up to advancement. Eventually a new company bought them so I'm not sure if it's gotten better.
Pros
respected company
Cons
low pay
Excititing growth
Asst Admin, asst. Dir. Of Educ, Vol. Managr (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 25, 2017
This is an excellent company to work with and for. Very supportive for growth and continued education opportunities. Managment is suburb. Great leadership. Top 100 rated places to work in the country. Stay current with future inavative technologies as well as futuristic ideas to expand patient care.
Pros
Managment
advancement opportunities
Housekeeping Supervisor/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 16, 2017
Started working here part time in laundry and shortly after i started was asked if i would be interested in being a housekeeper room inspector that position lasted for 6 months was then promoted to front desk and then front desk manager
Pros
great work place overall
Cons
It was a difficult environment with unrealistic expectations without financial support.
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 30, 2017
It was a very stressful environment and administration had unrealistic goals without the budget to allow for desired improvements. The job required 50-60 hours most weeks and did not allow for a balanced family life. There was an obvious presence of favoritism and lack of upper management support.
RN II (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 2, 2016
Great place to work. Amazing people to work with. Management is fair and balanced. Cafeteria has great food. Would recommend to friends and family. Excellent compensation.
Flexible hours, positive work environment
Emergency Room Patient Access Rep (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 8, 2016
management at this time is a mess. Not very good communication between management and associates, however, this could change. Typical day is pretty easy going, and good pay/benefits
Pros
bonus payout/ lunches/ fun working environment
Cons
bad communication between management and associates
Unorganized departments that are constantly shorthanded
Insurance Verifier (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 16, 2016
I learned several things about insurance websites and how to verify patients benefits.
The most difficult part of the job is the workload. They have extremely unreal expectations of what the employees are able to accomplish in a day. They do not encourage they only complain nonstop about the outrageous amount of work we are to finish but they do not give us the training or correct amount of staff to complete the day.
They have placed a supervisor in a position over one of the most important and crucial departments and she cannot perform the basic job functions. The staff has no confidence in that person and we have to rely on each other if we need assistance.
Pros
It is Monday-Friday, 8 hours a day, our department is allowed to dress casually
Cons
Unorganized
Very stressful and bad management
housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 14, 2016
Was a great company to work for until hillcrest bought them.Ever since the hospital went downhill and we lost a ton of great managers and co workers.Too much work to do everyday and was always short handed.
Pros
Good benefits and enjoyed co workers
Cons
Short handed and bad management
small hospital setting has been nice
Telemetry RN (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 4, 2016
this is the only hospital i have worked at since being a new nurse for the last 7 and a half years but it has been good. Management is good and staff are friendly they work with your schedule as best as possible
Productive and fun place to work
Echo Tech (Current Employee) –  hillcrest southAugust 11, 2015
Co-workers are great, easy to get along with and are willing to answer any questions that might come up. A typical day is coming into the department seeing how many study's there are and taking off with your list for the day.