Hillcrest Hospital South Employee Reviews

Management horrible
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 30, 2019
I enjoyed working here, but if your boss ever asks you to do something, you have to say yes, no matter what the stress it puts on you and your family. Just do as you’re told and don’t ask questions.
great people to work for and relaxed environment
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 1, 2018
Although this is a stressful job management always respects and allows day to day functions to run smoothly. The director gets involved hands on if needed
Pros
rt director
Cons
some employees have been there too long
Good pay but high stress
LEAD HVAC MECHANIC, CBRE (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 15, 2018
The pay was good but the work load compared to the man power was not a match. Their was a lot of stress in trying to accomplice the work assignments. I worked with some very good mechanics in my year there.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Stress level
Typical day
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 4, 2018
A typical day of work consist of filling medication request and compounding medications,Iv room , Stocking pyxis machines, answering phone calls, dealing with emergency situations concerning the patients in the hospital .

I have learned how to develop more skills that i can utilize towards my job. As well as how to better communicate on a medical level with fellow employees. Also My compounding skills have developed more due to the fact hospitals compound more medications then nursing homes and retail pharmacy. In general it has helped broaden me as a pharmacy tech.

My management team is awesome. They really do care about the hospital and about there staff. Sometimes it does not feel like they do. However really its not them its the company not really fixing issues and or problems

The hardest thing about my job is that there is only two technicians on my shift and sometimes we really could use another person. But we always find a way to make it work.

The people i work with really do care about one another for the most part. Bosses are always willing to jump in and help the technicians out if we need it. They do not care if its stocking a shelf running a medication to the floor and or answering phone calls.
RN Circulator - Surgery (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 2, 2018
Management is terrible. They have no interest in helping their employees and do not appreciate the amount of work put in. They treat their staff poorly and do not compensate well.
Good place to work, If your not an aide
Crossed Trained Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 5, 2018
I liked the people I worked with and the patients I helped. However, the CNO does not respect aides/LPN's like he should. Treats them like they are nothing. The company as a whole does not recognize aides like they should. We do a lot for nurses and never get recognized.
Pros
People/Feeling good about helping patients
Cons
Cno, Not getting recognized.
Hhs
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 16, 2018
This hospital was horribly managed. Manager is rude. No job security, you never know if shes going to wake up on the wrong side of the bed and fire you.
I would love to work here full time. It is always a good day at Hillcrest.
Chaplain | Intern (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 19, 2018
Great atmosphere to work in. parking is always free and close by. free continuing education classes make's it easy to keep up with current education in our prospective fields.
Pros
Easy to get to.
Cons
Enjoyed the commerodary in my department.
Health Information Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 22, 2018
Answered phones and faxed records to doctors offices and other hospitals. Later in employment I helped doctors get their records signed and completed.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Not any I can think of.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 12, 2018
I have enjoyed my time here. The culture is very relaxed and my work schedule is flexible, which is great for me because I tend to do superior work when I have more control.
good job to start with if your are going to school
SR. PATIENT ACCESS REPRESENTATIVE/CTA (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 30, 2018
Definitely a good place to gain experience in all different departments. The department you are hired for isn't always where you work. competitive pay compared to other hospitals in the area with better benefits than most.
Pros
always opportunities for overtime
Cons
short breaks
Good place to start
FINANCIAL COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 14, 2018
It is a good place to get your foot in the door in healthcare. The benefits are amazing. The onboarding process is very thorough but you feel comfortable about where you work.
Productive and fun working place
Patient Access Rep (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OK 74133April 19, 2018
i have learned a lot since working here and management is incredible. i enjoy being a part of the hillcrest south family and taking care of our patients with the utmost respect and care!
Pros
teamwork
Cons
pay
Hard kitchen based work with great management and team support
Evening Grill Cook (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 22, 2018
The work requires focus and skill alongside good time management. The management supports team work and gives it's employees ownership of their station. Overall a good work experience and would recommend to young cooks.
Pros
Free food for kitchen employees
Cons
High demand of time and commitment to job.
Na
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 7, 2018
good place to work at, friendly staff and management. Nurses are great here. lab teach are very helpful. Security always there when needed. ICU team was great to work with.
Hillcrest South ER
Certified Nurse's Assistant/Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 24, 2018
I loved the culture and the job itself the work was steady and co workers were awesome. However the management will take every chance at screwing you over,
Hillcrest
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 17, 2018
this job was for mapping out assets and setting up new computer traning rooms. i used Visio and Excel to record asset names and locations. also used Visio to make maps of the areas
Pros
easy work
Cons
no communication
Great group of people to work with
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  PRIMARY CARE GROUP OF TULSA/DR JOHN JENNINGSDecember 10, 2017
I enjoyed my coworkers there at the time ,my manager was great,I also enjoyed working with dr john jennings. The only reason I left my position there is I was needing more money
Hillcrest has a vwry respectful manner employees. It is a very comfortable work place.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 22, 2017
If i had to choose out of my past employees to recommend people to different business to work. Hillcreat Hospital would definitely be my first recommendation.
Pros
nice breakfast, lunch amd dinner served daily. And very well mannered and reapectful coworkers
Cons
long breaks, awesome food
good fast paced enviorment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 23, 2017
I had a good time there,got to know a lot of people and a lot of patience. It is a good place to work beacause of the way you are treated by staff and other workers.
Pros
godd experience
Cons
dirty work