Hills Bank and Trust Company Employee Reviews

Family friendly!
Retail Banker (Former Employee) –  Lisbon, IADecember 31, 2018
I loved working for Hills Bank and how involved they are with their community!!! The products offered for children are amazing and the programs are fun and teach kids how to save
Fun and interesting but very stressful
Customer Service Rep 1 (Former Employee) –  Marion, IAOctober 5, 2018
It was a fun and interesting but very stressful position. You are helping customers in the phone get balances , pay cc bills, transferring money from account to account . Unlocking customers on line accounts and closing accounts plus more ..all the while under constraints to answer the next call with out completing the first one so mistakes are possible and probable. That was the hardest part .. Fun part was talking and getting to know the customers when they called in
Pros
great people and customers
Cons
cold working environment and being rushed all the time .
Fun People to work with
Loan Funding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hills, IAJanuary 8, 2018
Great Benefits, and fun environment to work in. Many opportunities for career advancement for a local, growing company. The employees are great and it's like working with family.
Great starting position, career paths available.
Bank Teller 2 (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAAugust 14, 2017
Hills Bank was a great starting job for me while I was in college. I learned excellent customer service skills and gained a lot of friends in my colleagues. Each branch is a bit different but essentially all have the same values. There is plenty of room for growth and the teller position is a great place to start, to ensure you know even the little things related to banking.
Great place
Collateral Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hills, IAJune 19, 2017
I love working for this company. It's a great diverse and professional company. Everyone is taught, even things not known. They want to see you succeed in life.
Overall Good Culture
Trust and Wealth Management Investment Officer (Former Employee) –  North Liberty, IAApril 4, 2017
There are a few opportunities for advancement with the company, but most of the staff are lifers and you will likely find yourself at a roadblock at some point when it comes to further advancement and assistance with certifications.
Productive and fun place to work
Teller (Current Employee) –  Hills Bank and Trust Company Kalona IAJuly 20, 2016
Productive and fun place to work your job is taken very serious but at the same time you can make it a fun place to work with the right kind of fun loving co-workers.
Pros
incentives free coffee popcorn Fridays and donut Saturdays
Cons
I don't work enough to know what the cons are
Great coworkers
Teller (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IAJanuary 27, 2015
Acquired great knowledge about banking and met great people. A typical day consists of multiple different transactions people would like to make on their account. My co-workers are great. We all work well together, and a roughly in the same age range. My boss is very laid back, which I enjoy a lot.
Fun and very enjoyable place to work for.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAJune 16, 2014
The company has a great appreciation for their employees. There are numerous opportunities for incentives. Absolutely wonderful work environment.
Great local company
Marketing Communications, Promotions (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAMarch 20, 2013
Hills is a great locally owned bank to work for. The people that work at the bank are all very nice. Some of my good friends still work there. We have stayed friends over the years. The best part of my job was being involved with every community that the bank was part of. As an employee you were encouraged to give back whenever possible. I loved that part of my job!
A Company That Cares
Assistant Manager, Security (Current Employee) –  Hills, IAAugust 8, 2012
A typical day at work is the same as any other financial institution. I have learned a lot about information technology and the corporate world.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hills Bank and Trust Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.7Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Hills Bank and Trust Company Reviews by Location