Hillsborough Community College Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Effective
Student (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 2, 2018
They help you progress. The schedule is flexible while being setup then firm once agreed upon. There are many perks. Management supports and encourages equal opportunity.
Its a college
Chemistry Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 29, 2018
Working at HCC while taking courses is a great environment. Work is simple and laid back, the staff is extremely nice and friendly. A great experience overall.
Good place to work if is full time
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 19, 2018
Low wages for adjunct instructors, but that is a signature of almost all colleges. The difference in salary between an adjunct and a full-time instructor is significant. However, the difference in workload is minimal. A good working environment in general, people there are friendly and willing to help most of the time. There are no plans (at least to the best of my knowledge) to offer adjuncts any career advance qualifications.
Stable employment
Admissions, Records, and Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 15, 2018
A great place to work. Staff is friendly and fun. Work culture could use some adjusting. Mangement makes operation changes without consulting people that perform the job.
Awesome job
Sales Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLJune 14, 2018
Had a lot of fun working this job and being able to mingle with the student body on a daily basis. Was thankful for the opportunity to work on campus and give back to my school!
Productive and exuberant place to work
STUDENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLMay 3, 2018
I loved working here. Fast paced, friendly environment, with lots of diversity. Management was a delight and I looked forward to coming into work to see peers. Working here you knew that at the end of the day you had helped to better at least one or more person's life significantly.
Pros
copy room snacks, fun assisting environment
Cons
absolutely nothing bad to say
Temporary grant job
Curriculum Developer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 27, 2018
Spent most of the time at the computer typing and developing curriculum for Production Technicians. I learned about publication processes, binding, marketing, and bench-marking. The management was fast-paced and very stressful. Did not provided all the information required up-front and had to do a lot of "re-do" work. this caused the workplace to be stressful. I did enjoy developing the training and working with local manufactures to "practice" teach the material.
Part time position
Library Assistant, part time (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 27, 2018
I love working for HCC, although I need a full time position. I have learned the computer programs we use in the library. I have improved my researching skills and computer skills. I enjoy working with the staff and students.
Pros
environment, co-workers, company
Cons
part time employment
Great enviroment
Adjunct Hospitality Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 27, 2018
College always looking to help students get to the next step...Everyone there to make the campus better..no issues with environment just low pay with most adjuncts carrying load of college courses
Old educational methods
EAP Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 23, 2018
The problem that the school has is that its method of education has not progressed in the last years. While other educational entities have invested in new computer programs and equipment, the school lacks plans to improve its infrastructure
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Old infrastructure
I was a work study
Work Study Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 8, 2018
As a student I have bills. The job is too demanding for the little amount of money I get paid. Students go to work on campus under false pretenses. When signing the paperwork it says you will be paid $10, yet in reality you are paid $8.39 as a work study.
Hillsborough Community College - Brandon
Financial Services Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brandon CampusMarch 26, 2018
Brandon Campus is a great place to work. Over the years I worked at other campuses as well, and they were good too.I feel a level of accomplishment here at HCC.
Pros
Family tuition paid, lots of vacation and time off given.
Cons
Lower pay than comparable schools in our area.
Fun active place to work
Student government President (Former Employee) –  Ruskin, FLMarch 11, 2018
Most students and professors/faculty enjoy working for HCC. There are organized events in which are fun and people are very involved. Everyone has a voice especially the students.
Pros
Events and classes
Cons
not enough parking
Great Place to Work
Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLFebruary 26, 2018
Worked there while I was completing my AA degree. Great Place to work. enjoyed my time working at the facility. Staff always willing to help with enrollment.
Great Learning Experience
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 26, 2018
I answered a switchboard for multiple locations. It was rewarding to be able to assist students and potential students with directions on the enrollment and registering process.
Professional workplace.
Notetaker (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 17, 2018
A typical day at work is consistent with job description. I learned to manage my time well. Management is effective. The workplace culture is semiformal. The hardest part of the job is time management/ The most enjoyable part of the job is being employed to do what a person prefer.
Student Under Financial Aid
Career Center Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 14, 2018
Great start from beginners to start work. great school and student programs to work on campus. Nice environment. Great staff and professors. Great networking.
great place to work
Temp position - Clerical (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 29, 2018
I enjoyed working here helping college kids get their books at the beginning of the semester. Working the register and assisting with office work in the back.
Pros
enjoyable education atmosphere
Cons
not great money
Job Postings
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 19, 2018
Hillsborough Community College seems to post opportunities for the same jobs, but they do not hire those applying and who are qualified. There seems to be a culture of hiring only close friends and associates.
Productive and fun workplace
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 18, 2018
Most of the employees were students like me, so it was a very fun workplace. Managers are willing to help you whenever you need. Also, they adjust our schedule according to our classes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hillsborough Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

Hillsborough Community College Reviews by Location