Hillsborough County, FL
68Average

Hillsborough County, FL Employee Reviews

United States231 reviews
The benifits and work schedule, also all the trainning and classes that you take. Really learn a lot , i personally feel excited each and everyday that i have to come to work knowing that i work for a safe work place .
May 19, 2020
It's great to hear that you're loving your experience at Hillsborough County. Thank you for your review!
Top down management style with "individuals" establishing objectives to deliver quality services. Very little guidance is established by objectives and tasks functions have little standards or guidelines as to the manner to implement. Duties with various mandates for individuals to accomplish do not illustrate the level of consequences to the public if not completed or if delayed, which may be related to weak long-range forethought. Long-range individual program initiatives are left to individuals to learn on the job (OJT); however, with the OJT, there is little opportunity to provide feedback as to resolutions to make the job better or to better facilitate services to the public.
May 19, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. At Hillsborough County, we are deeply rooted in our people and strive to set them up with the tools they need to grow in their careers. If you’re open to discussing this further, contact us at AskHR@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Working for Hillsborough County gives you an opportunity to work with and alongside many other departments. Flexible hours of work. Insurance is ok and job security is great.
Pros
Versatility
May 19, 2020
It's great to hear that you've enjoyed your experience at Hillsborough County. Thank you for your review!
Short breaks, unpaid lunches that are not guaranteed based on call volume, micromanagement, ridiculously poor work culture, poor management, poor communication. You have people making decisions in dispatch that could not sit down and do the job their selves.
Cons
Short breaks, unpaid lunches that are not guaranteed based on call volume, micromanagement, poor work culture, poor management, poor communication.
May 19, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. At Hillsborough County, we are deeply rooted in our people and strive to set them up with the tools they need to grow in their careers. We are sorry for missing the mark on your experience and we would like to learn more so we can better address the concerns you've raised. Please reach out to us at AskHR@hcflgov.org.
Its easy work but the environment makes it hard to work here at least in public works. Good benefits but you will not be appreciated and they don't train all that much.
May 19, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We believe that there’s always room for improvement. We work hard to create a positive work environment where our employees feel empowered and challenged to succeed. If you’re open to discussing this further, contact us at AskHR@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
It is an interesting place to work. I have had the opportunity to work with different database platforms. In the early days working on a unix system setting up the shutdown and startup processes for the database. Working with Oracle setting up rman for the backup system
May 19, 2020
It's great to hear that you're enjoying your experience at Hillsborough County. Thank you for your review!
Students were wonderful but hit or miss on staff. If they were supportive, job was great even if pay was abysmal. If you had not great coworkers, it made the job miserable
Helping veteran all day everyday provide a sense of giving back and helping your fellow soldier and their families.
Get to provide great assistance to veterans and their families in any situation.
May 19, 2020
We are thrilled you love working at Hillsborough County, and are so grateful to have been an integral part of your personal and professional development. Employees with your enthusiasm and spirit are who keep our core values alive and in action. We can’t wait to see where your career at Hillsborough County takes you, and want to thank you for all the hard work you put in on a daily basis. Keep up the great work!
Is very nice company nice people team and we had different culture nice job and all in that school like me is a seccional school very good beneficios and insurance
May 19, 2020
Happy for good work an ready to start. An love to work asap . love help myself an fast learnin work clean an responsibility love to help people as i fo love
May 19, 2020
We appreciate hearing about all the things you enjoyed about working with Hillsborough County. Thank you for your review!
Place was good to work for, with the exception of a couple of managers. Very strong processes and guidelines to work within, and good support from external departments.
May 19, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate hearing about all the things you enjoyed about working with Hillsborough County.
Great Company. Do your work, stay off the Radar and you'll do Great. Cause Waves and you will not Last Long. I have worked for them for almost 12 years now
Managers and employees are down-to-earth. Some office gossip and envy but if you don't engage in it, they will leave you alone. Most people are friendly. HR department is proactive by encouraging a healthy lifestyle and provides a variety of affordable benefits.
May 19, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate hearing about all the things you enjoy about working with Hillsborough County.
I was told that my position would be a foot in the door with the flexibility to apply to other positions internally but I have discovered along with some other co-workers that if you didn't get the job you really wanted when you applied you are stuck. You can apply to any position you want and can be deemed qualified and advised by the system that your application is sent to the hiring manager but you never get called for the interview and then you find that the position was filled later on. To put it plainly if you get hired as a customer service rep you may eventually become a supervisor in that department with the appropriate brown nosing but you will never leave that department. Raises are small and far between regardless of performance as well as promotions within time in rate positions such as those that are technicians. Management wants to see numbers and productivity and they will infer but never directly say you should work off the clock but if you want to be looked upon favorably then show up early and do some work prior to clocking in. The union can't strike so there isn't much the employees can do. If you want a STEADY, unchanging paycheck, benefits that are decent (but their cost rises more than your pay ever will), then perhaps this is a job for you.
I applied to this organization because they were recently hiring. I know a few people that works for this company in HR, where I applied. When I found out how they treated a fellow ex-employee that was wrongfully terminated because of reporting inappropriate behavior and the employee started experiencing retaliation from the manager, was a disgrace. That entire HR department needs to be revamped. The things that was done to the ex employee was very disturbing. Hopefully, they will be exposed. I would never consider, or for that matter refer anyone to this corporation.
May 19, 2020
No well defined management style.
No well definition for what team work means.

No well defined procedures.

Too much depending on trust than documentation.

A lot of leverage to the favorite employees based on race and cultural background.

Several violations for the DOL and EEOC rules and regulations and no body cares!

Put the less suitable candidates in the management position based on race and culture background.

Great benefits and pay.

No job security based on performance and hard working while it is the best place to work if you are from the favorite group!
I have worked for Hillsborough County for many years. Ultimately Hillsborough County is all about improving the quality of life for the citizens of Hillsborough County.
Pros
Cafeteria Benefit to off set the health insurance
Cons
Working downtown is a hassle, the traffic is horrible.
May 19, 2020
I'm happy to see that you're enjoying your time at Hillsborough County.We're incredibly proud of the culture and support we have for each other. We still have plenty of work to do, and I want to thank you for sharing this feedback on what is working well for you.
Environmental land at the UTB has some of the dumbest leadership I have ever experienced extremely culturally racist favoritism run big in that organization
May 19, 2020
We believe that there’s always room for improvement. We work hard to create a positive work environment where our employees feel empowered and challenged to succeed. We want to take the time to address your concerns in further detail. You are welcome to share your experience with AskHR@hcflgov.org. We will take your feedback to heart, and want to wish you the best in all your future endeavors.
Relaxing when nothing needed to be repaired. A lot of proactive maintenance was preformed to pass time and make sure maps were updated for the next person.
May 19, 2020
Thank you for your review. We're happy you're enjoying your time at Hillsborough County.
Good, some changes but minor. Over all a good place to work. Multicultural staff, patients and medical profession. Very nice place to work, I had a wonderful experience.
May 19, 2020
Great place to work and Benefits. GREAT Employee to work with, great management and vehicles and supplies great Coworkers and customer service team work. job supplies.
May 19, 2020
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hillsborough County, FL. Our community is ready to answer.