Hillsborough County, FL Employee Reviews

Horrible
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 3, 2018
If you enjoy a high school type of environment with politics and back stabbing- then go for it! It's an old fat lady girls club...horrible leaders with no desire for improvement. Just lay low until they die or retire. An absolute joke in terms of leadership...there is none!
benefits
Cons
HR/Management
It was a fun place to work for.
Court Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 30, 2018
Management was great. Everyone was great to work with. The hours were awesome. Loved the type of work that was presented. The best part of the job was the people you worked with and the customers.
Pros
I liked the structured schedule
Don’t recommend
Tech Staff (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 27, 2018
Look elsewhere . If you are looking for a fair place to work this company is not the way to go. I was over worked and underpaid even with a medical issue.
Changed
Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 13, 2018
Having worked at Hillsborough County for over 18 years a lot has changed. In the beginning longevity was rewarded, employee morale was important and raises were annual, based on merit. As time progressed hard work was expected, but not rewarded. Experience and hard work were cast aside. Hiring employees for the least amount of money became more important than experience and abilities. The County is now taking advantage of employees.
Pros
Offers healthcare for a price.
Cons
Long hours minimal pay.
Excellent place to work
Manager 1 (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 31, 2018
Hillsborough County is a great place to work. There is always room for advancement. There is a close inner circle that keeps outsiders from getting the higher paying jobs.
Pros
Great Benifits
Cons
The inner circle of carrer employees
Micro-Managed
Admin (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 22, 2018
They want you to be time flexible as far as staying late, but they are NOT time flexible at ALL when you are punching in in the morning, during your 2-15 mins breaks, and during your lunch. New employees WILL heavily be taken advantage of during the holidays as far as staying late.

Management - Employee relationship is very much like a Parent - Child relationship. Even if you are told to do something from one manager and another manager tell you its incorrect. You cannot defend yourself or answer back......even if its in writing they are not trying to hear it. It is not the place for you if you have a voice.

Other than that enjoy!
Pros
Its Downtown
Cons
Micro-Manage
Micromanage
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverview, FLAugust 17, 2018
Very slow easy work, but yet micromanaged by individuals that do not know the position details. There is job security but with little pay and yearly raises average about $0.05.
Very Professional atmosphere
Deputy Sheriff (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 19, 2018
I would love to work for this organization any time. This was a job I never thought I would do. Turned out to be almost as great as the days I spent as a Fire Fighter.
Pros
Education counts and educational assistance
Cons
none I am aware of
Great place to work. Need to pay more!
Firefighter Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 16, 2018
One of the largest Fire Departments in the state and the nation. 44 Fire stations. They need to build 20 more to keep up with the growth in Hillsborough County.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Pay needs to be more competitive
Good Place To Work
GIS Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 5, 2018
I have been fortunate in that it has been a great place to work for me. I would recommend HC for those that prefer stability, stable schedules and some benefits over pay and advancement.
Terrible Culture.
Corrections Officer (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJuly 3, 2018
I have seen other corrections environments, Hillsborough country has repeatedly made poor decisions in leadership. The only thing worse than the leadership is the constant micro management between officers. You spend more time worrying about someone pointing out things you did wrong than worrying about the inmates. Weak Union.
Offered great benefits
Office Assistant III (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 21, 2018
Moderate paced atmosphere. Advancement was sometimes based on favoritism. Culture would differ depending on which department you worked in. I enjoyed my time there although I feel as if I could have made more money elsewhere.
benefits
Cons
pay scale
Stressful
Advisor (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 20, 2018
This job was Underpaid and stressful. I would not suggest anyone work at this college. Long hours and no appreciation. Management is horrible. You should definitely google this company before interviewing.
Stressful but rewarding at times
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Current Employee) –  Plant City, FLJune 17, 2018
working with kids is rewarding but the pay doesn't reflect the importance of the job. offers a lot of freedom. flexible hours. at times it was a lot of fun but can be super stressful
Pros
freedom, flexibility
Cons
high stress
Typical Summer Camp
Recreation Leader (Former Employee) –  ОdessaJune 15, 2018
I was a camp counselor, watching groups of children between the ages of 6 and 14. Had fun with the kids and made some great memories with them during events and field trips. But some days I'd be the only one watching 30 children, the supervisor had bias and unfair rules for only certain employees, and it often felt like I was totally replaceable.
Pros
One hour lunch, good pay
Cons
Hot, poor management
Professional workplace
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 5, 2018
Hillsborough County is an excellent place to work, and to establish a fulfilling career for oneself. The employer provides plenty of opportunities for personal/professional growth, but more importantly regarding the citizens it serves, the County provides outstanding customer service.
Pros
Professional environment
Hello
DSP (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 27, 2018
The company at whole is unorganized. This specific location is % micromanaged, giving the managers no say on how the facility is run, yet makes changes that will directly effect everyone there.
Benefits
MDM Support Specialist Architect (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 23, 2018
Great benefits. County car to drive home daily. Great medical, dental, and vision. Paid sick and vacation time. Flexible schedules, great for students and/or anyone else that needs a bit of flexibility with commitments. Good starting pay, good amount of hours (mostly during summer).Will provide the equipment necessary for the job.
Pros
Convinient location
Cons
Paying for Parking
Run
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 22, 2018
Let me start off with saying that the residents are to die for there so amazing,loving and they really admire you for everything you do!!!!! This is strictly about the unpleasant, unprofessional, disrespectful,money hungry management !!!! My years being here were PURE CHAOS when it came to the management I’ve never worked for a company who were so dis functional and has a huge lack of communication . Imagine putting your vacation request months ahead and the day before your supposed to actually go the management DENIES IT due to lack of staff like it’s our responsibility to hire people to work for this terrible company. The management has no sympathy for you nor for the residents. The residents live terrible there homes are filthy there always running out of supplies and it’s fight to get residents clothes and things there really in need of. There was some days we had to use rags because all 4 houses in a 64 bed facility had not one pack of wipes. The turnover rate is so high that it’s scary and the residents need consistency but 9.00$ an hour for the amount of work you do is simply not gonna cut it . Be mindful that your yearly raise will only be .33 cents so In about 3-4 years you’ll finally be able to make 10.00$ per hour. I could go on and on about this company, but the person that really lose in this situation is the clients because the staff are being ran off and the people they love the most are disappearing due to the MANAGEMENT!!!!!!
Pros
Residents
Cons
Everything Else
Hillsborough County
Advanced Transportation Worker (Former Employee) –  8718 Old Big bend roadApril 10, 2018
You arent always doing the same activity ever day some times be doing tree trimming or ditch digging or patching potholes or doing roadside mowing. overall it a pretty good place to work.
Pros
three day weekends
Cons
havi ng to be around so we can clean up debris after a hurricane or tornado comes through.