Hillsborough County Sheriffs Office Employee Review

View all Hillsborough County Sheriffs Office reviews

Professional work environment
Deputy Sheriff (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 21, 2015
Very professional work environment. The the atmosphere is very serious and hard work dealing with incarcerated inmates.
Pros
Very Challenging
Cons
Close environment with harden criminals.

Other Hillsborough County Sheriffs Office Employee Reviews

Super Poor Management
Probation Officer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 11, 2019
Going through the Chain of command is required for everything yet nobody ever does anything to assist. The job itself was such a perfect match for me and utilized my 20 plus legal experience. I loved my actual responsiblities and I was awesome at the job. My direct supervisor was awsome, if I could have kept the job and only had to deal with her, I would have retired there but the Director and entire chain of command is simply just putting their time in to either retire or get to another position and everybody is out for themselves. I went through a year from applying for this job, getting called for an interview, going through background and criminal checks, drug screenings and actually starting the job. I took a pay cut to have this position and it would have been worth it had management not been so horrible. The turn over in the probation division is insane. Roughly 10 people left in my short time here and people I'm still friends with are still trying to find other employment.
A team enviroment
DEPUTY (Former Employee) –  1201 Orient Road, Tampa FL 33619August 11, 2019
Like all things you out grow them, I wish I hadn't out grown HCSO because the team experience was one of the best I have ever been apart of, People genuinely cared about one another.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Little career advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hillsborough County Sheriffs Office. Our community is ready to answer.

Hillsborough County Sheriffs Office Reviews by Location