Hillsborough County Sheriffs Office Employee Reviews

Good Job
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 21, 2013
Being a dispatcher is a very trying job if your not use to shift work and dealing with real life events not just stuff you see on the news. This isnt a job for the weak hearted. Training is long and memorization is important.
A wonderful place to work.
Crossing Guard (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 5, 2013
The people are wonderful to work with. There is a great atmosphere in the offices. I work with children and I adore them. The hardest part of the job is getting people to stop so I can cross my students.I enjoy the kids and speaking with the parents. I share the street with one other person, who is right down the road and we wave at each other. If we have time we may meet up and talk for a moment. I love my job.
Pros
I get to spend more time with family.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Great Company
Detention Deputy (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 28, 2013
Great Company to work for! Excellent pay and great benefits
good benefits/pay with responsible supervisors.
Community Outreach Crossing Guard (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 27, 2013
While this job is independent, it is well-supervised and informed by the Sheriffs office responsible for all crossing guards.
Pros
decent salary for part time work as well as benefits provided
Best job I've had!!!
Temporary Community Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 9, 2013
This was my first job, so obviously I had butterflies out of this world, but I ended up loving it. The first day an inmate tried to escape, and I thought this the most exciting thing in the world. Some might consider me strange, but I got my B.A. in Criminology, so this was right up my alley. The only downside to this job was the lack of training. I was just thrown in there, and working in the position required quite a few skills I wasn't used to, so that frustrating. All in all though, it was a great learning experience and I acquired a lot if useful skills in the process.
Pros
compensation, skills learned, pace of work
Cons
Callousness of some workers, lack of training
Crossing Guard •Provide safety for children and pedestrians
Crossing Guard (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 18, 2013
Everyday is diffrent from another being a Cross Guard.families come to get there kids after school, it is my job to make sure no one gets hurt while crossing the busy intersection. Ive learned some obey the speed limit and some disreguard the speed litmit. You have to make sure dat all traffic stop before crossing.Managing to keep the kids on the walk way, away from traffic is an improtant part to play too.My co-worker duties are the same as mine we both have to pay attention to traffic children and pedestrians. The hardest part of the job is having to stopping traffic from running red lights. But i do enjoy knowning im keep people safe will come or going across the intersection.
Helping those who protect our protect and server
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 25, 2013
Assist Law Enforcement personnel with their day to day Information Technological needs. This can range from, but not limited to, laptop exchange, password reset, surveillance video compatibility issue, AD management and security software access and management. As a member of the Help Desk I work with 8 others as Tier 1 support to resolve a wide range of IT issues.
Great organization
Child Protective Investigator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 7, 2013
A typical day at work consists of lots of driving, typing, and interviewing clients. The days are sometimes very long. Each day has something different from the previous day, which helps me learn something new everyday. My coworkers are very busy and I seldom see them. The hardest part of the job is time management. The company is very strict and will not allow any overtime unless it is absolutely necessary. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you have helped a child live another day.
benefits
Cons
annual shift bid
Supervised a team of investigators and staff.
State Protective Investigator Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FlJanuary 1, 2013
Provided operational and crises management on daily basis.
reviewed an disposed cases which needed court intervention and supervision.

Coordinated activities with other federal, state, and law enforcement agencies.

Evaluated and trained personnel under my supervision.

Provided monthly reports relating to performance and statistical data.
Pros
ensured protection of those who are most vulnerable. enjoyed training and developing my team, took pride when one of my investigators was selected for a promotion.
Cons
long work hours. constant concern for child and family safety.
Hardest job you will ever have
Child Protection Investigator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 20, 2012
You continually get slammed with new cases while the management provides you with little to no support. The office is thick with politics and vieled threats. The work can be rewarding however the things that happen while within the office are enough to make anyone go crazy. The only good thing is the benefits which are amazing. If you apply for this job then prepare to have no life because it is so time consuming. It has cuase many a relationship and marriage to fail and due to the hectic schedule dating is near impossible.
Good Company
Multi Trade II (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FloridaAugust 14, 2012
Broad scope of responsibilities included planning, organizing and supervising the work of trades help. Work included repairs and plumbing adjustment to water lines, electrical wiring and equipment, plastering, pressure washing, painting interior and exterior of buildings and any other duties assigned by Maintenance Superintendent
Pros
steady work good pay
Cons
working with inmates
Consider previous experiences when considering rehires.
Community Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 21, 2012
Should look to reduce costs through processing as opposed to layoffs with constant program to secure new ideas.
Learn alot about the world today.
Lunchroom Aide (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 13, 2012
Learn how it is if you break the law.People were great and hours and pay were good.
Pros
overtime
Cons
health care and pay were great.
Secretary
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Work Release Center, Tampa, FLFebruary 28, 2012
I worked at the Work Release Center for the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office. My position included correspondence for my officers, social workers, keeping correct accounting for the inmate payment accounts, and payroll for the Work Release Center.
Pros
great people, management
Cons
no cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hillsborough County Sheriffs Office. Our community is ready to answer.

Hillsborough County Sheriffs Office Reviews by Location