Hillsborough County Employee Reviews

Micromanage
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverview, FLAugust 17, 2018
Very slow easy work, but yet micromanaged by individuals that do not know the position details. There is job security but with little pay and yearly raises average about $0.05.
Very Professional atmosphere
Deputy Sheriff (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 19, 2018
I would love to work for this organization any time. This was a job I never thought I would do. Turned out to be almost as great as the days I spent as a Fire Fighter.
Pros
Education counts and educational assistance
Cons
none I am aware of
Offered great benefits
Office Assistant III (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 21, 2018
Moderate paced atmosphere. Advancement was sometimes based on favoritism. Culture would differ depending on which department you worked in. I enjoyed my time there although I feel as if I could have made more money elsewhere.
benefits
Cons
pay scale
Stressful
Advisor (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 20, 2018
This job was Underpaid and stressful. I would not suggest anyone work at this college. Long hours and no appreciation. Management is horrible. You should definitely google this company before interviewing.
Stressful but rewarding at times
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Current Employee) –  Plant City, FLJune 17, 2018
working with kids is rewarding but the pay doesn't reflect the importance of the job. offers a lot of freedom. flexible hours. at times it was a lot of fun but can be super stressful
Pros
freedom, flexibility
Cons
high stress
Professional workplace
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 5, 2018
Hillsborough County is an excellent place to work, and to establish a fulfilling career for oneself. The employer provides plenty of opportunities for personal/professional growth, but more importantly regarding the citizens it serves, the County provides outstanding customer service.
Pros
Professional environment
Cons
Benefits
MDM Support Specialist Architect (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 23, 2018
Great benefits. County car to drive home daily. Great medical, dental, and vision. Paid sick and vacation time. Flexible schedules, great for students and/or anyone else that needs a bit of flexibility with commitments. Good starting pay, good amount of hours (mostly during summer).Will provide the equipment necessary for the job.
Pros
Convinient location
Cons
Paying for Parking
fun but do not get paid enough
Recreational Therapist Aide (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 4, 2018
been with the county for almost four years and I get paid the same amount of someone who was hired a couple months ago. It is fun but none of us get paid enough for what we do
They dont care about the clients
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 3, 2018
When I first started there. The company was cared about the clients and made sure they had a good quality of life. Then they fired the director and put new people in and it became about money and greed
Pros
Working with certain population is very rewarding
Cons
The management, the co workers and underpaid
Productive and Understanding work Environment
AVID Tutor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 8, 2018
Working in the section I worked in (AVID) was great for students needing a job with especially written off as classroom hours they are pretty understanding of your course-load and can offer a decent job in the means.
great place
Advance Transportation Worker (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 21, 2018
very laid back nonstressful workplace. great place to learn heavy equipment an supervisor skills to advance your career. ive learned many things in a short time there
Allow you to be creative
Health education Program Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 6, 2018
Write articles for the community and staff
Researching articles allows you to explore the internet for more information than what you were looking for so it is very educating.
Offer trainings to enhance your position
Free CEU's
Networking is a challenge but rewarding when you can connect with the right organization.
Pros
staff meetings, wellness program, health insurance
Cons
I am OPS so no paid holidays, sick days, vacation or personal days.
Good work enviroment
Recreation Leader (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 3, 2018
I enjoyed working for the county and working with people. I wish I could have stayed longer but the position was only for the summer. The county is a great place to work and I will likely reccomend the county to others.
Pros
Paid break
Retired
Clerk of Circuit Court (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 22, 2018
My work schedule with the Customer Service Department was busy on a daily basis. I worked with the telephone and email for correspondence requests in my immediate department and used my cell phone to coordinate requests when visiting other departments, working with Directors, Managers and Clerks. My position was enjoyable and fast paced. Even when we would have stressful situations, I was able to move forward to complete a request and keep our department supported with positive results. Being a good listener is one of my positive reinforcements for handling situations.
Pros
Fast paced
Productive an fun
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 18, 2018
Loved the job an people I worked with nice place to start out for a first time job I would most definitely recommend to others...........................
great place to work
CONTRACT COMPLIANCE INSPECTOR I (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 14, 2018
great work life balance. great people and great leadership.

plenty of advancement options. great place to work and network with lots of people in the community
Wonderful Place To Work!
Servin the Citizens of Hillsborough County (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 14, 2018
I have worked for Hillsborough County for 15+ years. I left for private industry, which was miserable. I should have never left the County. I can back after only 4 years being gone. Supervisors and Executive Management are excellent and truly care about employees- they know that happy employees make excellent employees. The County expects top-notch Customer Service to the citizens of our wonderful County, so the selection process is rigorous. The County offers Health, Dental/vision, retirement pension through Florida Retirement System, 401K, and more! Hillsborough County is the best place to work!! Uniforms are provided, depends on your job.
Pros
Excellent Work/Life Balance & Excellent Management
Cons
Nothing - Great place to work
great employees that worked hard
Senior Analyst/Specalist, Employee Relations (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 10, 2018
the work place was not productive due to turnover and unhappy employees. Management did not support employees or provide a positive environment to ensure innovative ideas and stability. My three years working there was stressful and I was very unhappy because I was not recognized for my hard work and my contributions. Leadership very weak.
Pros
hours per week were fair, 40 hours. benefits okay, retirement fair.
Cons
Opportunity to grow
Steady and Struggling
Mathematics Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 5, 2018
School try to do the best they can and Hillsborough County is no different. Schools have to balance parent concerns, student progress, and safety concerns. Overall, they did a more than adequate job, but there is always room for improvement.
Good Work Evnironment
Records Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 6, 2017
Hillsborough County is an excellent place to work. There is career potential and a warm and safe working environment,

Excellent benefits like vacation, holidays, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, as well as retirement options, health assistance, and other benefits.
Benefits