Hillside Nursing and Rehab Employee Reviews

A Great Time to Come
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCApril 16, 2019
Hillside is coming under new management. Many changes are in the works. Hillside is making this transition to become a terrific place to be employed. Now is a great time to join this family owned facility. Come be a part of what is growing at Hillside. Dedicated and caring nurses and CNAs please apply today!!
Pros
Residents, Co-workers, new pay scale, many changes
Horrible horrible horrible
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCFebruary 10, 2019
This place is a horrible place to work. I would NEVER recommend anyone to work here under the management they currently have. They seem to not care about staff and they work really hard to make sure the residents are well taken care of. The ratio of staff to residents is HORRIBLE depending on the station and shift. When working short you sometimes have 20+ residents depending on census. There is no ORGANIZATION whatsoever! I wish there was new management maybe the place would seem a lot better and it would be more friendly and staff would want to come to work, hints to why they can’t keep staff! They require to much and some people can’t deal so they leave, and if you don’t agree to what management wants, needs or what’s convenient for them then guess what. Bye bye👋. It’s sad when you have to work and DONT want to go!
Pros
Residents
Great Place
Employee (Current Employee) –  NCFebruary 7, 2019
As a new employee walking in and even during orientation. The Administration staff were amazing. Great Attitudes and the willingness to help and comfort during my transition into the building. Hillside Nursing has an atmosphere of being at home and I fell comfortable here. That you for this opportunity.
Pros
Staff and residents
Cons
Paper vs computers
So much better than these reviews
employee (Current Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCFebruary 6, 2019
As a current employee of Hillside Nursing Center, I have really come to know staff, residents and residents families. We have caring, compassionate and dedicated employees who take excellent care of their residents and speak highly of this facility. We have seasoned CNA's, Nurses and Therapist who have dedicated years of employment with Hillside. The Administrator makes a point to walk the building multiple times daily checking on residents and their family members all while speaking to the staff. Many employees who quit and go to other facilities just to come back. Hillside is so much better than these bad reviews.
Pros
Employee of the month, cheap lunch/dinner
Look elsewhere
CNA (Current Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCFebruary 3, 2019
Do not come here unless you are prepared to be payed little, talked down to, work short staffed and get write ups for every little thing. The DON and mainly the administrator are awful. They love threatening staff and giving write ups all the time. They don't appreciate we work short staffed all the time. It's so stressful, then they find something you didn't do and write you up. They both talk terrible to employees. I am leaving as soon as I can. I hope the 2 have to work the whole building by themselves, then they will appreciate the staff. They can not keep staff because of the management. The owners better wake up before it's too late. The other review about the town hall meeting sounds fake, planted by staff development. We are always short. No raises, just belittled, and controlling. They think if you work there, they own you. So much drama goes on here. I have been here years and it's awful since new management took over. The fruit is showing. Understaffed, unhappy employees, the facility has to be losing money. So sad, everyone is so stressed and can't speak up.
Pros
Residents
Busy but enjoyable.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCJanuary 28, 2019
The patient load is usually between 9 and 13 depending on any call outs. Most of the staff are willing to assist when they are asked to help.

Recently management had a town hall meeting to discuss challenges the nurses aides have been having and what issues management see as challenges. Management provided insight on how the issues are going to be addressed and I think many staff would agree that the concerns are being addressed. We will see if this continues, if it does it will be a great platform for communication.

People are held accountable to a high level and some have left after management has met with them multiple times for the same reason. That seems more fair that most places I have worked.
Needs compassionate, professional management
LPN (Former Employee) –  968 Wait Ave Wake Forest, NCDecember 26, 2018
I feel Hillside can regain its reputation for family atmosphere & professional care as one of Wake County's best facilities. In my experience many staff want Hillside restored but are TERRIFIED to post the truth, let alone answer the owners honestly about management, working conditions, morale etc. Owners are good people, but how will they hear the truth unless they convince staff that they'll be safe? I watched many new staff leave or go PRN within a few months or even weeks for similar reasons. I heard other ex-employees ask: "Nobody stood up for me at Hillside, why risk my next job by going to the owners now?" I believe, owners, if you gain your staff's trust & guarantee safety, then you'll get the answers you seek. Because you still have loyal people who love Hillside! This option requires your courage. (I would post a number for employees to call you directly and privately for a week or two.) The present option needs no courage, only the willingness to keep spending huge amounts on agency & orientation.
Pros
Residents, family members, staff who care
Cons
Lack of professionalism & support for staff
Few overworked employees
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCDecember 23, 2018
Large turn-over rate, chronically understaffed. Management pushes employees too hard. As a CNA you might have 10-14 patients on any given day, most are total care. Mgmnt demands that neary all of them are up, bathed, dressed with beds made before breakfast (You have approximately an hour, hour and a half to do this on your own, which means less than 10 minuets per patient). Constant feeling of being rushed. Have seen employees fired for minor offences. There's no gaurentee that mgmnt will follow protocol prior to terminating an employee. LTC patients are not given the attention they require and deserve due to staffing issues. Members of mgmnt are extremely hard to talk to and generally uninterested in listening to CNAs. My advice to mgmnt is that they take just 1 day to work as CNAs with their usual pt/staff ratio without assistance from regular staff... Would not leave my family member here. Would not work here again.
Pros
Patients are sweet
Cons
Chronically understaffed, poor communication
Nasty
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCNovember 17, 2018
Bed begs, disrespectful Co works, and the management is also very disrespectful. OVERWORKED!!!!!! This place has no respect for their employees. I would never advise anyone to work here. I'm shock the state have not closed this nasty place down
Not safe!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCSeptember 18, 2018
As a CNA, your reputation depends on where you work. This place is not a facility that you want to be associated with. The treatment given to residents lack empathy, safety, and respect. Management is a joke. Most the staff shows up late for shift change. You will be overworked and not shown any respect.
Run Run Away!
LPN (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCApril 5, 2018
This place was the worst job I ever had in my life! The management is very poor, too many patients for one nurse too handle! CNA’s are low class! They will make you stay over and work even if your shift has ended due to lack off staff! They use outside agencies to fill the gaps in! The doctors were awful to work with here as well!!!
Pros
Close to where I live
Cons
Short staffed low pay no benefits!
Strongly recommend looking elsewhere for employment.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCJune 27, 2017
Bottom line, you will work yourself to death without any appreciation. If you are in the clique you will do well here, if not you're on your own. PTO is a joke, sick child, death in the family or other emergency, they will take your PTO time without asking if you would like to use it. Insurance prices are unaffordable. Management is unprofessional and rude. Not enough staff to properly take care of the patients. Continue your job search elsewhere.
Pros
None.
Cons
Too many to list.
Productive and Fun
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCJune 19, 2017
It's a nice atmosphere to work. The employees are very nice and caring. Clean and neat. Rehab is awesome. Get the residents back on their feet. Everyone smile and help each other
Do not apply at this place
Medication Aide (Current Employee) –  Wakeforest ncMay 4, 2017
This place is a horrible place to work. Residents are not cared for like they should be. Staff is treated badly if you're not a "favorite" to administration. And staff is being fired for false allegations and reported to state because they don't like you. BEWARE!!!!
Pros
Non
Cons
Too many to list
Not the Same Place
Employee (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCApril 12, 2017
Used to be wonderful with a warm family atmosphere, then it was turned over to a micro-managing person with no clue as to what works best for residents and staff (Surprisingly, she is the owner). Turnover is insane and most new employees only last a day or two. Ridiculous time off policy, only 11 days a year to be used for sick, vacation and bereavement. Benefits are absurdly expensive and the coverage is laughable.
Pros
Residents and some staff
Cons
Benefits, Pay and Micromanagement
Applicants beware
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCApril 5, 2017
More upper management drama than you can even begin to imagine.

High turn over rage for both nurses and ancillary staff.

Always short staffed, many new employees don't come back after orientation period is over.

As long as you always say yes when they ask for help covering shifts then you're good. As soon as you say no there begins to be issues.

Very cliquey environment. Most of the nurse supervisors are a waste of space because they don't help and don't have answers to questions or problem solving skills.

Owners only care about the bottom line and the money they can get through the door.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Benefits, upper management, support
A good place to work at.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Gatesville, TXSeptember 1, 2016
Overall, it was a good work environment. They worked with your schedule very well and my coworkers and mangers were very nice. On a normal day you weren't ever overworked, and you were still able to get to know other employees and residents.
Had a pleasant time precepting.
LPNA (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KYNovember 8, 2013
I didn't spend alot of time at this facility. Only 160 hours of precepting in a litle over a month. Dayshift very busy but makes the day go by fast. Well staffed. Always has supplies one needs. Staff friendly. Well organized and mostly computer charting.
fast paced
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCJuly 2, 2013
Co-workers are great. The residents make it worth while to come in.