Hilton Garden Inn Hotel Employee Reviews

Found 1,092 reviews matching the search See all 1,256 reviews
Great starting location
F&B (Former Employee) –  Solomon's MDDecember 5, 2018
Work days can go from super busy to extremely slow. A lot of stuff to do but not a lot of time to do it. They do not like overtime, the pay is not enough for the cost of living in Maryland. However, if you are living with your parents or need to get out of the house for a job, it is a great starting place to do so. The management company for the hotel... well lets just say they are super corporate. Meaning they are cheap and do not like to give pay to their employees. The managers at the hotel are pretty good. Work well together. Everyone at the hotel works well together. Its like a family. If you looking for a first job or something to do... go for it. Just know that pay does kind of suck for the amount of work you have to do.
Pros
Great Staff, Friendly enviroment
Cons
Pay sucks
Great Guests and CoWorkers
Server/ Bartender (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CADecember 3, 2018
Good place to work as a Server as a part time job. The clientele is very diverse yet relaxed. There are regular guests and coworkers are a highlight. Food is also quite good.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Too few hours
Good benefits and discounts
Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Atlanta DowntownDecember 3, 2018
Poor management, they don’t care about employees at all. Good benefits (health, vision, dental, 401k) but raises are ridiculous some times (only cents)
Pros
Good discounts around the block
Cons
Hostile environment between employees and high management
Fast pasted
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSDecember 2, 2018
The Hilton is a great place to learn to stay organized and work as a team. It can be crazy depending on the events. Some days you may work 12 hours or more and have to be back the next day.
Good
Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 1, 2018
delivers value to consumers with products or services useful for their lives, cares about the development of its people and brings benefits to society.
best job iv ever had
Guest Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 1, 2018
Best job Iv ever had, Management team were so nice and approachable. They made it feel like your option mattered and that your impute did not go unnoticed
Dynamic Company
Executive Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 30, 2018
A growing dynamic company. That is world wide name brand with excellent growth potential. Great experience for someone who is seeking a career in hospitality.
providing to excellent service to guests
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CANovember 30, 2018

Customer Service
Office Space Maintenance
Time Management
Team Member Skills
Pros
great place to work
Cons
unconventional work hours
Loved IT
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 30, 2018
i love working here i didnt want to leave but i had to...
but everyone treats one another like family its awesome
the only con in this is that they dont give you lunch breaks and your standing all day but overall i love it here
Pros
its great environment, awesome staff
Cons
no lunch breaks
I liked hearing compliments on my work.
Housekeeper/Public Areas (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WINovember 30, 2018
I enjoyed all parts of my job,its a big turn over everyday there open,I feel that is a positive thing for all work places with high volume.Enjoyed my co-worker and we would get free breakfast on occasion.
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDNovember 30, 2018
Great location for employment, Hotel manager to human resources and benefits director are very helpful and cooperative, all the supervisors treat employees well.
Great place to experience the Hotel industry
Food & Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNNovember 30, 2018
Great co-workers, great communication between depts. I honed my conflict management skills, guest problem resolution, cultivated my culinary talent's. Overall a great place to work
Pros
Great staff, guest, and location
Cons
Terrible Corporate office
kitchen
Line cook (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJNovember 29, 2018
not the best hotel I have worked before no room for growth whatsoever and really poor management and hiring techniques.
they don't provide overtime you will be working in a really small kitchen with no opportunity to show your culinary passion and talent
Executive Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCNovember 29, 2018
Great place to work , good staff and a great environment.. people are always friendly and you meet all different kinds of people . The management was always helpful.
Pros
Good hours, some days are short .
Cons
Some days are really long.
Heart felt expenriences at Hilton Garden Inn
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSNovember 28, 2018
I did a huddle every morning to update the employees with our expectations of the day. I also used this time to hear their concerns. I went to the breakfast area for an hour or so afterwards. Once I left the breakfast area, I visited the housekeeping department. I assisted as needed. I checked my emails once I visited those two departments. I followed up with the guest after responding to my emails. I did my daily expectation by my GM such as check the balance in AR, send out invoices, post payments, and check the payroll for missed punches. I helped at the front desk when needed during busy check ins or check outs. I did whatever was needed.
Pros
The location of the property kept us busy.
Cons
I did have a work/family balance at this job, however, I learned the business well with a good mentor.
work area
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 28, 2018
It is a calm work area. You agree that it is a work area of ​​great importance since you are cleaning the rooms. Interactive with the guests. You should always give your best in jobs.
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 27, 2018
Is a good company to work for, given the opportunity I would return again. Employees; my coworkers had a high ethical value and were very hard-working.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Love my job!
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 26, 2018
I work on a rooftop bar overlooking a beautiful river so my office view is excellent! Management just got a whole lot better. Love everyone I work with. Best part of the job is when my guests get to witness a stellar sunset.
Nice place to work before new ownership,
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Daphne, ALNovember 26, 2018
The hotel was nice to work at. They changed ownership last year and it became difficult to work there.We won awards for our hotel before new ownership.
Would recommend to others.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GANovember 26, 2018
Good company. Owners cared about brand quality. Management was stubborn, unsupportive. Location convenient to West Metro Atlanta area. High turnover. Hilton has good culture. Brand quality is closely governed. Job training is thorough. Hotel location is attractive.
Pros
Close to home.