Hilton Garden Inn Hotel Employee Reviews

Found 1,210 reviews matching the search See all 1,385 reviews
productive
Night Auditor/Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXFebruary 14, 2019
highly recommend anyone interested in hospitality to work here. management and facility is awesome. Customers will help you work on your service skills.
Busy work environment that was enjoyable
Banquet Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 14, 2019
Loved working there, hated I had to leave my position. Very nice work environment that all employee's should have. Management was fair and gave workers a great place to work.
Pros
great staff and sales team
Cons
long hours standing.
Unfair and poor management
Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLFebruary 14, 2019
When I first started working at the Hilton Garden Inn I really enjoyed my job and would probably never left. 4 months in my manager started to have a personal issue with me that I was unaware of. I suffer from PTSD and had 2 anxiety attacks at work. The first one I went to the ER for and the 2nd one my manager obviously had an issue with. I went to find our GM and have a conversation with and as I went to look for her, I passed an office and to my surprise I found my manger talking to someone in HR and she was making fun of my anxiety attack. Definitely not professional. From that point on she was being very passive aggressive towards me. I had a family emergency and had to take my mother to the ER and called in. 2 days later I was let go.
Pros
Co-workers
I loved it!!!
Housekeeping/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INFebruary 13, 2019
I worked there for a long time and i loved it. Very hard work but i still enjoyed what i did.
Enjoyed the new faces that arrived. I miss some of the people i use to work with.
Pros
The pantry prices for employees were awesome. Got to meet alot of new people.
Cons
Majority of the new faces were so friendly
Great family and professional atmosphere
Breakfast Table/Room Service, Dinner Chef (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHFebruary 12, 2019
Highly enjoyable employment experience. The employee, and customer base are all exceptional! This location is one statistically one of the best in the company, and it shows!
Wonderful people, fun job, no benefits
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAFebruary 12, 2019
The management is exceptional! Your co-workers are wonderful! The job is fun and there is room for advancement. Sadly, if you are a one income household, it’s hard to make ends meet. There are no benefits and thats also a struggle. However, if you have a two income household or are able to balance a good budget, this could be the job and place for you. I hated leaving but I needed to go where the money was. If you work hard and show sincere interest there is upward mobility potential, it’s worth the commitment if you can. Peachtree City is a wonderful property and you might just make a career out of it. Good Luck!
Pros
Wonderful management, great co-workers, upward mobility possible
Cons
No benefits at entry level
Very nice Hotel to Stay at
Chef (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXFebruary 11, 2019
Working at the Hilton Garden Inn in Granbury Texas was actually a very good experience. I learned a great deal about cooking and Baking from my fellow chefs. Plus I got to see How Inventory and ordering for the restaurant industry worked
The Hilton Garden Inn creates a great atmoshere to work in
Lead Bartender (Former Employee) –  Norman, OklahomaFebruary 11, 2019
The Hilton is a wonderful company to work for. My experience was with a Hilton Garden Inn for 6 years and it was one of the best jobs I ever had. The company treated it's employees with respect and kindness. They provided a great work place environment and learning center for expanding one's knowledge in the hospitality industry. A typical day at work is you never knew what you were going to walk into. This made it exciting. Most days you would have to improvise and find ways to get things done and make it work, i.e., pop-up events, banquet parties, birthday parties, receptions, anniversaries, etc. The workplace culture was very diverse but everyone got along great. It was a fun experience and a pleasure to work with people from different cultures. The hardest part of the job was trying to find ways to power through large events due to the unforeseen issues that would popup unexpectedly that could potentially ruin the guests experience. However, finding a resolution to solve and correct the issue, made it all worth it in the end. So, the best part was seeing the guest satisfied and happy.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
I can't think of any
Exciting workplace, Met people from all over the world
Front Desk Receptionist/ housekeeping (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARFebruary 9, 2019
Working at the Hilton garden inn was a wonderful experience for me! I met new people and made new friends. Their environment is very welcoming. I enjoyed the time I spent as a Hilton employee unfortunately I had to quit because I Was preparing for the birth of my first child but I would recommend that job for anyone who asked
Pros
Meeting new people discounts on rooms and a welcoming environment
Cons
Sometimes I didn't want to go home!!!
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 8, 2019
I love the fact of working independently and meeting new people ...fun exciting and non stressful benifiys were great and management was very concerned of needs
Great brand to work for!
Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 8, 2019
I love working for Hilton Hotels. Great benefits and lots of opportunities if you are able to find a mentor. If your good with people then it can be enjoyable.
Pros
Great discounts
Management is Incompetent
Lead Maintenance Tech/Acting Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTFebruary 7, 2019
I suppose since I was terminated illegally, Hilton can’t sue me for my story. I’m positive if the correct GM happens to read this, HE will know exactly who this is!!! I enjoyed my job and it’s requirements 99% of my co workers...in the beginning. After two years of employment, management changed so it was an entire set of new rules. I was Acting Chief Engineer at the property I worked at. The General Manager (whom I’d LOVE to name!!) offered me a $1 an hour raise until my promotion could get finalized. Expecting me to not only fill A MANAGEMENT position as an hourly employee but Lead Maintenance Tech as well. I was told multiple times, I was not authorized to do the Management training, yet expected to do 2 jobs at once. I was FALSELY accused of drug/alcohol use, I personally offered to take a drug test!! Falsely accuse me of using rental equipment and damaging guest property, yet ABSOLUTELY NO COMPLAINTS WHATSOEVER!!! Finally, due to all this stress, I began to show up a few minutes late for work...instantly written up while other staff constantly showed up drunk or high on meth with no repercussions?? 2 write ups for the same offense in a 4 and a half month period was sufficient to have me walked off the property and left not knowing if I had a job for 1 week. The GM refused to contact me, until he had “the time” to fire me.
Pros
Awesome discount on hotel rooms when traveling
Cons
Horrible upper management /Mainly GM
They really offered no benefits of any kind .
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAFebruary 7, 2019
The employee's at Hilton are very friendly somehow though the management is more like a click say something negative about them and they will actually attempt all possible angles of revenge towards you. You don't want to cross them.
Glad I got out of there.
Pros
You get a pay check.
Cons
Don't, return, for, a, visit. thanks
Enjoyed my time working there
Building Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77056February 7, 2019
Morning check 0f the A/C units and the garage and building elevators and checking the chlorine level in the pool visually checking building lights and change the bulb if necessary and making sure that all washers and dryers and ironing machines are working correctly
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Low Salary
Overall my experience of the team was great but unsatidfied of why i was fired.
Houseman/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 6, 2019
I was abused with my work load and ran around the hotel just to do other people's jobs. I was working three jobs in one and could not take the stress of the boss constantly telling me to hurry up or work on something else and then complain about not finishing the original work. I was constantly under servailence and felt pressured to do the very best even if it hurt me. I was fired for a simple problem and felt I was the only stable individual working along side temporary positions filled by drug users and weirdos.
Pros
I liked the people there.
Cons
I was worked to hard.
Was a great place to work
Housekeeper/Laundry Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCFebruary 6, 2019
Working at the Hilton Garden inn was a great place to work it was great management just a great overall place de Management was very willing to train you teach you skills just overall family-type environment just very nice company
Pros
Great benefits paid vacation great salary
Cons
Can't think of anything
alright
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 6, 2019
great entry level place to work. not enough growth within the company but great hotel to start for experience on resume. the pay is also low for surrounding hotels
A fast paced work enviroment with
HOUSEKEEPING HILTON GARDEN INN (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 5, 2019
The job itself is okay. However, management is terrible and you never have a set schedule. Some of the worker's there are nice though. It can be frustrating because they never let you take days off when you need to.
Hgi
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 5, 2019
Hilton Garden Inn is a great place to work. The owner group for this particular location is very in touch with how very important the guest is to our operation.
fun people to work with
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAFebruary 3, 2019
Hilton Garden inn has fun people to work with and everyone gets along really well. it sort of feels like a big family. everyone helps each other out when needed.