Hilton Garden Inn Hotel Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Laundry Attendant/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Troy, NYAugust 14, 2018
It's a very fast pace job but can have slow days like any other hotel. The managers there are very nice and respectful and they have great food an great chefs who cook fresh meals and breakfast for the customers
Cons
Not alot of hours
HGI in Flagstaff
Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZAugust 14, 2018
I could not have asked for a better place to develop important management skills than the Hilton Garden Inn in Flagstaff. I have had the opportunity to learn from my General Manager almost every day that I work. I will only build on the foundation of skills that I have learned here in my career in the Hospitality Industry
Monica
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCAugust 14, 2018
Co workers was very rude. Management was poor. I worked hard I just didn't like the way everyone was acting. Team work is always the best. No one ever really wanted to teach me the right way.
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Portland, ME 04102August 14, 2018
They don't appreciate people being different. They want people who are alike, grew up with a similar background and temperaments. Being different is not accepted there unless you're prepared to live in shame.
It was a great work environment
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 14, 2018
Everyone there was a awesome and helped each other. It was like a little family. Everything was always clean and neat, and well organized. The staff were always really friendly.
Great Place
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 13, 2018
Management was great. They keep things fun and lively. You will easily learn your job in a great amount of time. Friendly environment and positive workplace.
great place to work
Short Order Cook (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 13, 2018
it was exciting to work here doing all the banquets and room service and bar. this job taught me how to take food orders an do inventory an serve drinks.
good for students
Night Auditor/ Front desk (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORAugust 13, 2018
Night audit is two hours of paper work and 6 hours of nothing.Great for students. No on site security so a lot of crazies
Discounts are great and are a big reason a lot of people stay here.
Management is very understanding and just good people.
Pros
crazy discounts on hotels across the world, half off food
Cons
way to much work and stress for minimum wage.
VERY well productive
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYAugust 13, 2018
Is a GOOD working place loved to satisfy the customers to THERE STAY OF A clean hotel room FROM THE linens to THE rooms,bathrooms to the showers and Jacuzzis
Pros
GOOD pay and sometimes tips
Cons
N/a
This job was just too demanding
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 13, 2018
What I have learned in the two days I worked at the Hiilton Garden Inn Houston Galleria.
To work this job one would have to have taken trigonometry in school. If you haven't progressed in mathematics to this extent don't even bother applying for a front desk or even night audit position.
The job and all the laws and other regulations the hotel has to follow as well as showing a profit in order to keep their doors open to the public will make your head spin. And you come home each and every day mentally and physically exhausted.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
New Management is taking this property down the drain!
Director of Sales/Dual Roles (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 12, 2018
New Management that does not uphold the standards for HGI has destroyed the clientele at this property,
Whiny manager who refuses to confront guest even if they request a meeting or have a major complaint.
Hospitality is non-existent. The owner has no idea what he traded out when he chose to take less experience for less salary and now you have less of a staff and hotel.
Pros
Hour lunch included in 8 hour day
Cons
Management is comparable to a F5 tornado
High Standards for Hospitality
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIAugust 12, 2018
It was a great example of the Hospitality environment. I learned how to manage employees although I was not managing. I was able to learn from my AGM a lot of valuable hospitality training. It was very cut throat and you got little time with family. The job was very consuming mentally and physically. Dealing with guests of all walks of life in one building poses many challenges. Over all the experience sharpened me and has given me the courage to always stand up for myself and my worth.
Pros
fast paced and challenging.
Cons
little pay, little benefits, little time with family.
When you think of the hotel industry and it says Hilton you think of snooty Paris Hilton
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  NweyorkAugust 11, 2018
And for them to have as much money as they do and pay their employees a low salary it's not very fair it's degrading it's an insult so not work for this company if you want to work for peanuts fill out an app an HR is not in the building they judge other people from a distance without even seeing you or talking to you they don't know squat and they get paid good money to judge people they've never seen before imagine that
Pros
Getting out
Cons
Pay
fun and great place to work
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSAugust 10, 2018
a typical day at work was checking guest in and out also solving problems. the new manager is great she is so sweet and willing to work with you. the hardest part of the day is when you are the only one at the front desk and you have guest in front of you and your phones are ringing like crazy
Pros
discounts on rooms
Cons
short breaks
Company was okay.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 10, 2018
Management could have been better , and work environment was stressful . Vacation days as sick days were given . I left because I wanted a better opportunity an had to relocate .
Bad management
FOOD & BEVERAGE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INAugust 10, 2018
Not a great place to work. No opportunity for advancement. I was told my role would be one thing and it was that and much more that I didn't expect or was told that it would be.Overall I think if they had better pay, better management, and some kind of benefits it would be an okay place to work, if you have had previous management jobs/roles you will definitely notice most of the flaws in this business.
Pros
hilton discounts
Cons
16 hour days, bad pay, bad management, no growth opportunity
It was an average job given the position
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 9, 2018
I just never saw eye to eye with the manager there so my experience with the company was not that great. I loved being able to clean and have my own independence though.
Pros
freedom
Cons
manager
Guest Services Agent/Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, IL 60174August 8, 2018
unfortunately, I do not need to review any company but indeed is wanting to have a review of each company an applicant work for. I do not appreciate being forced to write a review.
Went well
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 8, 2018
It's ok ... Working with the company, i wanted weekend's off. And didn't receive weekend's off and i was there for about three year's, nevertheless i like the company.
Pros
We got to eat for free
Cons
N/a
It Was Amazing I would Come in and get striat too work excellent workplace.
Hilton Garden Inn (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 8, 2018
I use to Get A roll of trash bags go in All the rooms and take all trash out , then take All the covers off the beds and all the towels put the bathroom and throw all the Lenin down the shot And take all the trash out the building.