Hilton Grand Vacations Employee Reviews

great learning enviornment
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Waikoloa, HINovember 9, 2018
Met a lot of people that influenced my future decisions to get involved in the TS industry.
I would recommend the Co. to anyone looking to get involved in the dynamic industry.
November 12, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your experience at Hilton Grand Vacations and wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors!

Need better management
Inbound sales/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 7, 2018
Need better management, It a numbers game. So your check can be up or down, but you do get paid hourly as well so that helps with your check ,but i just consider that taxes.
November 8, 2018

Thank you for your review. Hilton Grand Vacations strives to create a positive working environment and are disappointed to hear this was not the case for you. We have shared your comments with leadership. Once again, thank you for your candor and feedback.

Dishonest Recruiting
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 29, 2018
Position was presented very different than reality!
Job was sold with a flexible schedule, high earning potential and a career path.
After a long and disorganized onboarding and training, I am told weekend work is required! The marketing representatives on the floor make about 30-40k! a far cry from the 100k I was pitched! There is no career path, nobody lasts!
The entire process from recruiter contact to training was dishonest and unprofessional.
The organization is a total dysfunctional mess of disarray!
Pros
cannot even lie about one
Cons
Lies! Lies! Lies! Lies! low earning, weekend work, short term job
November 5, 2018

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We apologize that this role was not what you expected. Please know your comments have been shared with our leadership team. As always, we encourage you to provide your feedback directly with your manager or HR team to ensure any opportunities are addressed. Thank you again for taking the time to give us a review.

Good way to get over the phone experience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 25, 2018
When I worked for this company I got great experience working over the phone inbound and outbound calls that also included data entry. I mostly kept to myself at this position because i did not want too get invested with this temporary position. They let us know that the positions they hired me for was experimental, so that that.
Pros
Great over the phone experience, discounts if you purchase any package after allotted time
Cons
Temporary, clickish culture
October 30, 2018

Thank you for your review and offering feedback as we value your honesty.
We appreciate your service to Hilton Grand Vacations and will share your feedback with leadership. -Amy, Human Resources

Terrible Company and Terrible culture especially upper management
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 14, 2018
The culture of the company especially upper management stinks! The Managers should have weekly training classes to make sure they understand there job.
Pros
Can’t think of one
Cons
All of the above. Terrible company
October 16, 2018

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. Though we strive to promote a positive working environment at Hilton Grand Vacations, it sounds from your remarks that there could be opportunities for improvement. Please know your comments have been shared with leadership. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. -Amy, Human Resources

Great Place to learn sale skills like closing and presentation. World Class Organization
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2018
Hilton is a world class organization and one of the most recognized brands in the world. They really invest quite a bit of resources in training from the jump.

I made lifelong friends from my tenure at the Hilton. I also experienced blatant racism from a few bad apples. All in all I woudl do-it-again in a heartbeat. The tours gave me confidence in public speaking and I earned every bit of commission from listening to my customers needs and addressing their concerns, not having "commission-breath". The salary allowed me to focus on the client and NOT the sale; which actually helped my sales...

I LOVE the HILTON!

I would recommend this company to anyone who wanted to build a career in sales, hospitality or real estate.
Pros
World Class Training; NO cold calling; Excellent Marketing; Free Breakfast/Lunch; High Commissions
Cons
Cut Throat and Racist Co-workers; High Pressure to hit quotas
October 17, 2018

Thank you for taking time to provide us an overall review of your work along with feedback. At HGV, we are proud to offer robust, comprehensive training programs for our Team Members to assist them with their professional growth and development, and are glad you enjoyed this while with us. We are also dedicated to creating a comfortable, transparent and positive environment for our Team Members and have shared your comments with leadership. Indeed reviews are anonymous, but we would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further about your experience. Should you like to discuss, please contact Lisa Dupuree, Executive Business Partner, Team Member Relations at Lisa.Dupuree@hgv.com or (407) 613-3715.

Club Counselor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 9, 2018
At first getting into Hilton they promised you the world. It seemed like it was going to be that way until your training was over. After that they just give you a book and want you to work. They did not work with anyone of you were sick or needed time of for death in the family. But if you were on the management team you could get anything you neeeded.
October 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us this review and feedback. Though we strive to promote a positive working environment at Hilton Grand Vacations, it sounds from your remarks that there could be opportunities for improvement. Thank you again for the feedback, we will share it with leadership. -Amy, Human Resources

Good employee interaction
Agent Outbound (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 8, 2018
Fast paced and has a learning curve to be successful.Can you stay there long enough to learn it. Once you do it can be very lucrative. Very inconsistent unless you are a pro.
October 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and provide some feedback. We strive to be competitive and offer the best to our employees. As always, we encourage you to provide your feedback directly with your manager or HR team to ensure any opportunities are addressed. Thank you for your service to Hilton Grand Vacations! -Amy, Human Resources

Great culture and integrity in a company. Terrible pay in exchange for the great culture.
Frontline Sales at new property (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 7, 2018
Great culture. Positive work environment. Enjoyed coming to work every day. The management staff is extremely helpful and nice to be around. The pay compared to other similar companies is extremely poor. The health insurance is very expensive. This is a great place to work if you don't need the money.
Pros
The people
Cons
Horrible pay
October 8, 2018

Thank you for taking time to give us a review and provide feedback regarding pay. Hilton Grand Vacations takes pride in providing fair compensation and a culture of recognition that matches each Team Member's effort, performance and contributions along with the various benefits and perks which weigh into our total compensation package. We are sorry to hear this didn’t meet your expectations and we will share your feedback with leadership. -Amy, Human Resources

Amazing
Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 3, 2018
Amazing Company to work for! They honor integrity and exceptional employee recognition and coaching. I miss the In-house Marketing Executive team at the W57th street location! I had a family welcoming experience while working for the company. :)
Pros
Promotion, Travel and Employee Coaching.
Cons
None. Great Atmosphere
October 8, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and provide feedback for us. We appreciate your comments and are glad that you enjoyed your time working at Hilton Grand Vacations and promoting our culture of hospitality. We wish you the best of luck in all of your future endeavors! -Amy, Human Resources

life changing
Timeshare Telesales Representive (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 3, 2018
This company gives you the chance to improve and change your life. They pay well and share travel opportunties to explore the world. Work hard play in the fine things in life.
Pros
Perks, Perks
October 8, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and provide some feedback. We appreciate you exemplifying our HGV values and sharing our vision of hospitality in everything you do. Keep up the great work! -Amy, Human Resources

Customer Service Rep
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 3, 2018
This is a job, not a career. Schedule is with senority and it mught take about 6-9 months at a good schedule. Its not a hard job, you need to be able to multi task.
Pros
willing to work with your personal schedule
Cons
You do not meet your bookings, all your sales for that month do not get paid
October 8, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and provide feedback. We are pleased to know that while you were employed with us you were able to enjoy work life balance. We appreciate the dedication and determination you showed while working at HGV! Hilton Grand Vacations takes pride in providing fair compensation and a culture of recognition that matches each Team Member's effort, performance and contributions along with the various benefits and perks which weigh into our total compensation package. -Amy, Human Resources

Nice Place to Work
Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 3, 2018
Stressful, overwhelming, policies change consistently.
Nice people
great benefits (hotels)
The point system can get frustrating.
Supervisors and managers are okay.
October 8, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and this review. Your comments are appreciated and valued. Hilton Grand Vacations works diligently to promote a positive work environment and a culture that embraces all of our values. HGV also offers fair and competitive compensation along with the benefits and programs that weigh into our overall total compensation package. Once again, thank you for providing this feedback. -Amy, Human Resources

Great Company
Client Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 22, 2018
No cons, great company to work for. Training is a little less than a month but once you have it down it's pretty easy. Everyone is very friendly there and the culture is great.

Great Sales Experience
Real Estate Agent (Former Employee) –  Waikoloa Beach, HISeptember 18, 2018
Hilton Grand Vacation Club allowed for fantastic sales training that can be carried over in any sales field. If you can sell timeshare you can sell anything.
Pros
Good commission
Cons
Long hours and only get paid if you sell.
September 21, 2018

Thank you for taking time to provide us an overall review of your work along with feedback. At HGV, we are proud to offer robust, comprehensive training programs for our Team Members to assist them with their professional growth and development, and are glad you enjoyed this while with us. We thank you for your service and wish you luck in your future endeavors! -Amy, Human Resources

Too many managers
Guest Services Lead (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 15, 2018
There are multiple managers of various departments that want to be everyone's boss. The work for the pay is fair, but there isn't any structure. The hours are great but rules change too frequently for the department.
September 17, 2018

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. Though we strive to promote a positive working environment, it sounds from your remarks that there could be opportunities for improvement. Please know your comments have been shared with leadership. We are also pleased to hear that you are pleased with your compensation package and work hours. Thank you again for taking the time to give us a review and for your commitment to Hilton Grand Vacations. -Amy, Human Resources

Stressful work enviroment with managers that have no clue
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 15, 2018
Managers usually don´t know what they´re doing. Remember the GM once told me, we don´t have to know what we are doing, that´s why we hire you. That alone demoralizes the whole team, as usually you have to keep explaining to them what´s to be done, and they don´t pay you enough for that. Plus, they don´t value the hardwork you do, as long as you are doing some of it. Other co-workers are great though.
Pros
Team Member Travelling Program
Cons
Everything else is a con
September 17, 2018

Thank you for your review and offering feedback as we value your honesty. We are disappointed to hear that you are not experiencing the working dynamic as you had hoped and one that we strive to promote at HGV. As you know, it is important for us to have our Team Members feel heard. If you would like any further assistance in addressing these concerns, please reach out to your HR team or manager. -Amy, Human Resources

Rapida y peecisa
Asistente (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 13, 2018
Innovar en una empresa nueva y poner mi experiencia al servicio de la empresa..
Pros
Crecimiento
September 17, 2018

Love the enviorment but stressful work enviorment.
Gra (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 13, 2018
Until they get better managment in housekerping i dont see it progressing enough as it should.dont aprreciate employees enough for their hard work the manage to do on a daily basis.
Pros
Love the enviornment and the guest
Cons
Not enough appreciation for your job you work hard daily for .
September 17, 2018

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. Though we strive to promote a positive working environment at Hilton Grand Vacations, it sounds from your remarks that there could be opportunities for improvement. Please know your comments have been shared with leadership. Thank you again for taking the time to leave us a review and we wish you the best of luck! -Amy, Human Resources

Great Supplemental Income
Activation Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 6, 2018
This opportunity is great if you are extremely flexible with you working hours, and live in the area. If your commute is anywhere over 45 + min I would reconsider working here because your hourly paychecks are barely enough to help you get by until you receive your commission. I think this sales opportunity is great for someone just getting into sales as well as younger adults out of college. You have the capability to make a significant amount of money but because your commission check is combined with your hourly check at the end of the month you don't end up seeing most of the commissions you made. Training was not the best and you don't get paid holidays like you were informed when hired because you are forced to apply your PTO to the holidays you do have off. It would be better if you made more hourly and if you were able to get all of your commission checks. Also many of the departments are constantly competing so you end up losing a significant amount of sales based on what another department will do for a customer in order for them to get paid.
Pros
Commission and Hourly Pay
Cons
Hourly is significantly reduced quickly, and commission checks are not enough. Job security is non existent and turnover is terribly high.
September 17, 2018

Thank you for taking time to give us a review and provide feedback. Hilton Grand Vacations takes pride in providing fair compensation and a culture of recognition that matches each Team Member's effort, performance and contributions along with the various benefits and perks which weigh into our total compensation package. Thank you for all that you do each and every day! -Amy, Human Resources

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hilton Grand Vacations. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight