Hilton Head Hospital Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Disappointed
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCMay 31, 2018
The summary says it all. They only want warm bodies filling spots. They don’t truly care about the patients and their needs or the needs of the staff.
June 2, 2018

Thank you for the feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern.

RADIOLOGY FRONT OFFICE ASST. MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCApril 22, 2018
Nice people work here, it's more of a family than a company. Very caring. The work place is always clean, the people are nice. And the benefits that are offer by the company is very good also. Really enjoyed working for this company.
April 25, 2018

We appreciate this feedback. We are thrilled to hear you’re so happy in your role.

Medical Office Assistant
Assistant, Administrative, Medical (Former Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCApril 9, 2018
My duties was to assist the office manager with all office duties, and clerical duties, patient's records, billing, insurance verifications, patient accounts and labs results filing and deliveries.
Pros
Experience
April 10, 2018

Thank you for this feedback! We're glad your role helped you develop professionally.

Very fast paced and serious enviroment
Telemetry technician (Current Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCApril 1, 2018
I enjoy being a caregiver for the Ill population. Provide personal care and monitor their heart rhythms. I work in a fast paced progressive care unit, were I care for and monitor up to 40 patients at one time.
Pros
3 day work week
Cons
Long days
April 3, 2018

Thank you for the feedback. Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Tenet's success.

Nice coworkers
Interpreter / Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCJanuary 6, 2018
I really have enjoyed working with the nurses.
Hopefully they will sell the hospital to another company and they will have better benefits and better management.
Cons
Poor health insurance
January 7, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Tenet is continuously looking to better its facilities for both patients and employees. We have two main passions driving our success: our employees and providing high quality care to our patients.

I love the people I work with
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCNovember 4, 2017
The hospital is a great place, we always have interesting patients. I love working nights. The employees get along real good. Our benefits are also great.
Pros
Health insurance is great
Cons
Pay needs to be more
Excellent place to work.
Director of Progressive Care Unit / Telemetry (Former Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCDecember 27, 2016
I enjoyed my many years of working there and in working with the CNO. Very professional atmosphere with the ability to make a difference. Folks seem to migrate to the hospital and live on the Island. All types of patients. HR is excellent in helping to troubleshoot issues and in thinking outside the box to help resolve staffing issues.
Pros
great environment
Cons
long drive to work
Nice place to work
RN Circulator (Former Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCMay 24, 2016
There was plenty of work to do with general, orthopedics, heart, urology, plastics,spine specialists, and GYN services. Nice people and enjoyable to work with most of the time.Because such a small hospital not enough people to share call.
Pros
nice people and interesting work
Cons
call for all specialties except hearts was overwhelming at times
Enjoy being at work
Insurance Verifier/ Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hilton Head, South CarolinaAugust 4, 2015
I am looking for a work place where I can enjoy being at work. To me, a happy, satisfied employee will make a happy and satisfied patient
Busy, Sometimes Hectic, Fast Paced Environment
Hilton Head Hospital (Former Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCJune 18, 2015
In Pt Access there are patients coming in constantly throughout the day either for Outpatient testing, PreOp testing or Surgical procedures. Hard parts were when patients were directed from their physician to come over immediately for preop testing, outpatient procedures or surgery & to call the insurance to verify benefits & see if authorization is required all prior to pt being seen could be challenging. Coworkers were helpful & it made for a teamwork environment.

Want to know more about Hilton Head Hospital?

Ask a question
Caring, Compassionate, HIPAA and Compliance Training.
ER Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCSeptember 23, 2013
Responsible for organizing and taking apart of patients chart upon admit and discharge, filing/data entry of lab tests, x-ray disc export, diagnostic results, HIPAA compliance, accurate and legible reports, detail oriented and able to multi-task at all times. Duties include consistent demonstration of professional conduct and ethical practice in the clinical setting with all members of the care team. In addition; compassionate often the first person that may interact with patient and family members. Responsible for paging physicians, EMS dispatch, sending faxes, making copies, ordering supplies for the unit, facility and bio-med work orders, retrieve patient medical history, entering doctor’s written/verbal orders and diets proficiently, answering and routing telephone calls.
A decent place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCSeptember 2, 2012
A Tenet facility that is pushed to increase the bottom line at any cost which often means it's at the expense of the nursing staff - high nurse patient ratio when census increases and being flexed off when census decreases still creating an increased nurse patient ratio.
the hospital is ruled by the HR department with little recourse for the nursing directors.
Pros
progressive small hospital with aa equally progressive medical staff.
Cons
low end of salary scale, promotions not necessarily to the most qualified candidate, personal favoritism often dictates opportunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hilton Head Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Hilton Head Hospital Reviews by Location