Hilton Employee Reviews

swimming pool
Engineer Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTJuly 15, 2018
Property Maintenance for 80 units. Responsibilities are move-in and move out inspections, show units, turn over units after move-outs, complete maintenance requests, order supplies, inventory, supervise sub-contractors and employees.
Work include carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting and other handyman issues as needed. Attend weekly or monthly meeting with owners and other management.
Pros
hours
Cons
management
positive and family like atmosphere
Assistant Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 15, 2018
I felt an automatic part of team. They definitely worked around the family schedule and gave you plenty of positive feedback and gave you fair and accurate critiques. I would recommend anyone that wanted to work for a very upscale hotel with a great positive vibe to apply at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Wayne IN 46804
Pros
flexible schedules and great incentives to work hard
Cons
sometimes the hours would be short which meant little pay but it was never an issue for me
Conventional Hotel
Food & Beverage Cashier/ Order Taker (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 15, 2018
I loved working @ Hilton, unfortunately my Dept. Closed after so many years. The workplace was
Busy @ Times with the Functions n Conventions
That was scheduled for events n Conferences in
The Hotel. A Diverse Environment that I was able
To Meet n Work with Different Cultures Internally
& Externally During My Employment.
Ambiente agradable
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJuly 15, 2018
Pueden mejorar muchas cosas y cambiar mucho el ambiente laboral hacia los empleados.
Pros
Buen salario
Cons
No hay buena comunicación
Its ok
Maintenance/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  United StatesJuly 14, 2018
It's a nice work place the income just could be a lil better. And could recieve a better raise. But the work environment it's good and the employees work well together
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay is not that good
Great opportunity
Any work they fix us (Former Employee) –  Any were they fix usJuly 14, 2018
Hilton hotel my experience in Sudan this hotel is world wide hotel.
My experience in sudan with Hilton hotel they put clean staff attendance is respectable food and beverages exllant.
Regards.
Dhirendrakumar
Great company
Group Housing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 14, 2018
Great company ...great opportunity..awesome leadership team .. healthy atmosphere..family oriented..

The Hilton took a chance on Baltimore and I was honored to become apart of the opening team .
Hampton Startup
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYJuly 14, 2018
Assistant manager opening new hotel helped hire and train staff, worked front desk, reconciled funds, and was required to work over 80 hours a week. Most enjoyable part of the job was interactions with staff and guests. Hardest part of the job was the inability to hire adequate amount of staff to run hotel successfully.
Pros
interactions with staff and guests
Cons
Owners unwilling to allow for sufficient staffing
Okay
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 14, 2018
Not much to say things could be a little better than they are I learned some things working at the Hilton they are under staff need more help over work
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Overworked
My reasons you should work at the Hilton
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 13, 2018
i would recommending anymore to this job it a great atmosphere great workers to be around and i also rate this Hilton 5 stars.

one of the best hotel i work in so long
Fun place to work
Hilton Garden Inn (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTJuly 12, 2018
Everybody was amazing to work with. I loved being able to take my time and not be rushed when we didn’t have much rooms. The guests were amazing as well.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Short lunch
Mostly Good Experience
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJuly 11, 2018
employee empowerment, free employee meals, excellent discounts around the world, management varied, high turnover. Good health, dental, vision, and other benefits.
Pros
employee recognition, free food, good benefits
Cons
working nights, weekends, holidays, low pay for area
enjoyed this job
Hotel Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Streator, ILJuly 11, 2018
i really enjoyed working for hilton reservations. there was a lot of benefits with this job. best part is when the call center was here, and people from the hotels would come visit our call center
Relaxed Professional Atmosphere with Great Benefits
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 11, 2018
Benefits with Hilton vary based on the company that owns the hotel. However, Hilton themselves offer a phenomenal employee travel program that I use as often as I can.

Most days are pretty routine, do your reports, check people in/out, and handle a few complaints or questions. Depending on where you're located you could have slow days and you could have days where you don't get to slow down, but it's usually a pretty chill environment at the desk.

The hardest part of the job is all the juggling and multitasking you have to do, but it makes the time go faster and it's easier on you.
Pros
Easy work, can be fun
Cons
Lots of rush time during peak travel season
Overall nice place
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 11, 2018
I liked opening and be part if a growing business. I feel like i was deteremined and ready to tackle on such a high demanding job. It was exciting to see it come from nothing because it was a brand new hilton in the chandler area.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No breaks
work environment was not as easy
House Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 11, 2018
Glad they gave me the opportunity and opened the hospitality business for me but was not as easy to move up in the company. Management only cared about themselves and that why i chose to move on to a company who helps me grown .
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Health care, teach, no progress to move up
Fun place to work
Credit Manager / Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 10, 2018
Had great managers and workplace culture was great. Also had the opportunity to work in the downtown hotel (Holiday Inn Center City). Enjoyed working in both hotels.
okay
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOJuly 9, 2018
the company was very relaxed place to work for , they had plenty of events celebrating the co workers , the pay rate sucks but the management staff was really cool and understanding....
Productive fun work environment
PBX Operator Overnight/Front Desk/ Night Audit (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 8, 2018
Working here is full of opportunities. They’re endless.At my property it’s like an entire working family. We all work very closely together to get anything done. And better yet we support each other.
Fast-Paced, but fun, with friendly staff and helpful supervisor
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 8, 2018
I worked for Hilton Worldwide properties for about 8 years. I worked 40 hours in 3 days, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I wanted to work these hours to pursue a Masters degree in Education. However, I decided that I would rather work with my hands.
I enjoyed working for Hilton Worldwide because although it was very busy when I worked, the friendly, helpful staff, and my Chief Engineer who was always accessible (via phone, or sometimes in person when I needed an extra hand), made my work experience easier and more rewarding.
Pros
Friendly staff, good communication, helpful Chief Engineer
Cons
Very busy on weekends, working by myself.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.

54K
42.9K
31.6K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

68out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Hilton.