Hilton Employee Reviews

Found 7,285 reviews matching the search See all 10,128 reviews
Work like a Mule get treated like a dog
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Pensacola Beach, FLNovember 14, 2018
They over work you and get upset when you request time off. The manager will blame you for them not doing their job and it's always someone else's fault. The company makes money and doesn't take care of their employees. You get hotel stay discounts but good luck on the hotel having available rooms for certain people.
Pros
You get a view of the beach
Cons
Hard work with no appreciation
Slow paced, stressful workplace
Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pensacola Beach, FLNovember 14, 2018
Stressful place to work if you don't end up best friends with upper managedment, and when it's time for raises to come around and you're not best friend,s with management, well then good luck.
Pros
Discounted room stays
Cons
promises of advancement that don't follow through
Horrible
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa Beach, FLNovember 13, 2018
People were great staff was very rude not helpful at all.there we're never linens it was always a nite mare on weekends our big turn over days but other then that it was ok
working at the hilton
housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 13, 2018
its a quite day no drama
i learned team working skills and how to work well with other
management was a lil funny
hardest part about my job was liftiing the carts and pushing them with fully stocked
most enjoable part of that job was that u work at a pace thats works for u
Pros
supple the uniforms and free lunch
Cons
short breaks and not enough staff
Good
Hotel Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 12, 2018
Good place to work. Nice work environment. Friendly people. Enjoyable and fun. Motivational to try my best at work. Good pay. Easily focused on my tasks at work.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and fun environment and easy access to supervisors if assistance is needed
Reservation Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Buford, GANovember 12, 2018
It was my best job yet. Everyone was so friendly and ready to answer any questions you may have. They also do their best to work with you if an emergency should come up.
Pros
easy to get a promotion, raise every 6 months, great commission
Great atmosphere!
HOTEL ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Orlando SCNovember 11, 2018
I love working here. Easy work and friendly staff. Only problem I have is during slow season and upper management still wants to work you non stop. No one is getting enough hours.
Pros
Free food and discounted hotel rates world wide
Cons
Slow season, not enough pay
Look like a good place for working
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 11, 2018
The time I was started to now everything going slay for me
The manager the my department look a good boss
I see him feet’s this position
By the time he stared this my department don’t missed nothing
He always make investors
Run Away As Fast As You Can
Cook (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLNovember 11, 2018
I have never worked at a place that was this horrible in all my years of working. First and foremost how do you have a staff cooking in a kitchen with no air conditioning? Sweating to death everyday at work. A giant hotel with one kitchen cooking for four restaurants. With broken ovens and grills. With only about three people on the line at once. Extremely short handed but wont hire anymore people. You are worked into the ground with no recognition. Management is non existent. No communication. Concerns go unheard. If it gets busy and you need help? Don't expect the higher ups to be there for you. They leave as soon as possible. Saying there is potential for career advancement is a lie. You are used to help the higher up chefs look good but get no recognition for it. Hard work goes unnoticed. God forbid you have a family. Everyone there for the most part hates it and complains everyday. It was the most negative work environment I have ever worked in. People would call out then work overtime the next day to make up for it. By overtime I mean barely doing nothing and hanging out until it was time to go. Talked down to more often than not. I was completely lied to in the interview. I came in as a hard worker and was actually told to not work so hard because it isn't worth it. I am so happy I left. Best thing I could of done!
Pros
Free lunch, overtime because no one pays attention to anything and there's not enough people
Cons
short handed, poor management, benefits, no career advancement, used, pay, no communication, no air conditioning
Excellent Employee Appreciation
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  McLean, VANovember 11, 2018
They show the employees their appreciation for the hard work done. They have great employee discounts and events for employees. My time there was great and if I had not had medical issues I would have stayed.
Guest Assistant Spec.
Guest Assistance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXNovember 10, 2018
Very laid back environment. I was a work at home agent for over a year which was awesome. The company if very family oriented. The 8 weeks of training is most helpful.
Pros
Freedom to take charge
Cons
Lack of communication
Productive Workplace
Housekeeping Houseperson (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 9, 2018
Productive to responding to guest requests in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. I enjoyed working for the company.
At Home Work Place with Discount Hotel Benefits
Hilton Honors Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXNovember 9, 2018
I work for the rewards program so a typical workday consist of handling calls about customer stay posting complaints , problems with customers accessing their reward accounts, and property complaints from customer stays at Hilton hotels. I have learned that when you not only show empathy but are able to reiterate what customers have complained about, it lets them know that you are listening which tends to in many situations calm them down. Management is wonderful and I have absolutely no complaints. Since i work from home, the workplace culture is pretty flexible. Also, we are able to interact still with our managers and other agents through emails & live chats which can be very beneficial in getting answers to questions and/or concerns.
The hardest part about my job is that sometimes, tickets have to be created to resolve customer issues that can take a few days. Not being able to resolve an issue in that moment & having to disappoint people who are needing instant results is definitely the hardest part of my job.
The most enjoyable part of my job is when I receive praises due to resolving customer issues with the knowledge that I have worked diligently & tirelessly as an advocate for the customer. It gives me a remarkable feeling of appreciation for my efforts and hard work.
Pros
Half off hotel stays
Cons
Healthcare is very expensive considering the salary
Working as a Front Desk Supervisor
Front Desk Supervisor The DoubleTree (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 9, 2018
I was able to grow from a Front Desk Agent to a Front Desk Supervisor during my time there. It helped me gain experience from a management position and overseeing a team of 8+ agents as well liaison between other departments and guest issues.
Pros
Free lunch, Discounts on hotels
Cons
Lack of benefits
Good Place to work
Attendant-SPA (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 8, 2018
Good place to work.
Good company, good work condition, and fair compensation.
The benefits in Hilton are amazing. Good discounts in Hilton hotels.
Flexible schedule.
Indeed read my information wrong
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  BLUFFTON, SCNovember 8, 2018
I never worked for the hilton company. I tried to change it and it keeps telling me to enter in 150 characters or more no matter what I do. I'm just trying to save my profile sorry
No focus, no vision, short term thinking
Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 8, 2018
Hilton Retail is not able to envision the goals and expectations of the department beyond the immediate future. Short term thinking at the expense of long term goals. Director bases decisions on the issue of the day rather then established business expectations or experience. Seat of the pants organization.
Hilton
Front Office Supervisor, DoubleTree (Current Employee) –  Racine, WINovember 8, 2018
Oversee front office operations. Most enjoyable part is meeting new people, interacting with guests. Making guests happy and doing whatever we need to so they enjoy their stay
Good pay nice bennies
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 8, 2018
If you like fast paced, good bennies, average management this is for you. Good environment cheap hotel stays and work towards time off. I have enjoyed working here but like all jobs advancement would be nice.
Pros
Bennies 401k match pay not bad
Cons
Management is a little lacking
Management could've been better
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 8, 2018
Great place to work. There's advancement opportunity here. Management was not great here. I was only with the company 9 months & the front office management changed two or three times & the general manager was let go. There was no consistency with management & they were horrible. I had to leave.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.

54.3K
43.1K
31.7K

Women's ratings

4.4Fairygodboss Score

74%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

93%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss