Hilton Employee Reviews

Found 7,601 reviews matching the search See all 10,688 reviews
Hidden Agendas
Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 20, 2019
Upper Management are the most self-seeking and hypocritical managers that exist. Will smile in your face and make your life miserable in the same breath,
Good Culture
Guest Services Manager (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRMarch 20, 2019
My expectation in terms of the Company Culture and the reality of the day to day is very different. There are great team members. The job position is very difficult when you don't have support from other departments and there is no consistency
Great place to wk
Senior Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 20, 2019
The benefit of working with the organization are great. The culture is wonderful. I really enjoy the helping the clients and working with a great team.
Great experience
Assistant Director of Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  Carefree, AZMarch 20, 2019
Working at The Boulders, a 5 diamond resort was a great experience in my career. I held 3 positions there in the almost 10 years I was employed there. All 3 positions were great experiences for all different reasons. But the overall culture was all about service and making sure the guests had 5 diamond experiences no matter where they were in the resort. I would say the only part that was hard was really having to manage multiple outlets that were spread out across many many acres of land since the resort was spread out. Just had to make sure that each department manager and their assistant managers were all on the same page with the service and the culture.
Pros
great overall place to work.
Cons
being so spread out made it a bit challenging
My first job
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 20, 2019
Working on the line gave me skills and abilities, organized to move up and work as a family team make the dream work I love moving around staying busy keeping a positive attitude welcome our guests making them want to return back
Productive and a fun place to work for
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 20, 2019
It’s was fun while I worked here..we had fun at every time I came to work..I worked on call for 2yrs..so a lot of the staff that worked at the hotel didn’t know me..hahaha
Pros
Great pay!!
Cons
The cons of this particular hotel are, least seniority employees gets less hours
QA Tester
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAMarch 20, 2019
The interview was fairly easy, they just needed someone who knows manual testing and have good idea about Jira. Management is very friendly and easy to talk with. Location is also very nice. Good experience.
Pros
Easy job, Great work place, friendly co-workers
Productive workplace
VACATION COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 19, 2019
Great place to work! Productive work place. Value their employees and the environment to be in . Excellent benefits and they had plenty of growth opportunities.
Good Full Time Job
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 19, 2019
I would have stayed if the seniority rule didn't cut my hours and put me out of work for a full month. The job is the same as any other housekeeping job. Most of the girls are quiet, but primarily friendly.
Pros
free lunch, cheap medical
Cons
unstable lower management
Best place to work at
Overnight housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 19, 2019
Working at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale beach resort I learned the different aspects of working in the hospitality industry. Working at the Hilton is a opportunity to excel and gain new information. I enjoy the environment and makes me feel like a second home.
Pros
Free lunch, Benefits, Pto
Cons
Pay rate
High Energy
Guest Attendant (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMarch 19, 2019
Working at the hilton allowed me to learn to think on my feet. Meeting the customers needs was the main priority at the hilton. The fast paced environment groomed me to one step ahead to anticipate customer needs.
We work will hard. We had to clean up the room. In 20 mins
ASST. MANGER (Former Employee) –  Northville, MIMarch 18, 2019
I enjoyed my job 😊 at the hiltons.
They pay well and I like my co workers
I really like my job.And the staff
And the guest. And I love some of my bosses
Pros
We got a discount on our rooms
Cons
They was hard on call off. And they will fire you for stealing
Fun workplace with beautiful managers.
Pool attendant (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAMarch 18, 2019
Open the pool.
Clear and clean the area.
Learn how to give a great service to customers.
Fun and summer workplace culture.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working outdoors during summer
Pros
Workplace culture.
Cons
Short breaks
Protective timely manners on loaded rooms
Room Attendant/ HouseKeeping (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOMarch 18, 2019
Loaded rooms are the best. they day goes by fast. work load is fairly easy. Long as everybody do their job everything works and operate very smoothly.
Pros
the day go by fast
Cons
consistent pace ( no breaks)
Fun place to work
Assistant Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 18, 2019
Hilton was a fun place to work. I enjoyed working with the other team members to see events through to their fullest potential. The team dynamic there made it a great place to work!
Pros
Free lunches, employee recongnition
Cons
Non-flexible work hours
Terrible
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMarch 17, 2019
The pay is too low for too much work 13 check outs and 1 Stayover while over staffed (12-15 employees there) supervisors stay on their phone just to walk around looking for you to stop what your doing to get the smallest....thing you've missed... I even mentioned that I don't feel well and was told (Well your not done until your done with your board) it made me feel like they didnt care about my health but want me to slave in their rooms... I'm through a temp service and I Will Never Be Hired in because I DONT WANT TO. GET IT TOGETHER
Pros
Getting paid ONLY
Cons
Everything LITERALLY
Great place to work for.
Server (Former Employee) –  La Quinta, CAMarch 17, 2019
I worked for Hilton for many of years and had tons of fun. I met a lot nice people. The staff I worked with was very close and friendly from day one. It felt like a family. The customers were mostly regulars that we saw all the time and new by name.
It fell to a slow season
Houseman/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMarch 17, 2019
It was ok for the time I work there the staff was friendly it was a nice work place environment. The staff was always going beyond to help anyone in need. I would love to continue to work for the company it was just the slow season that got to me because I love working
Pros
Discount
Cons
Slow season
Productive, Exciting and Fun
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Miramar Beach, FLMarch 17, 2019
This hotel is very fascinating especially when it comes to the management. They really care about their employees and the other employees are approachable and very friendly.
Teaching and Learning - work hard and enjoy the benefits
Revenue Analyst (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXMarch 16, 2019
Working in the Hospitality industry has been very beneficial. Not only would I be able to learn from the work itself and my colleagues, I am able to teach others. Each process may be the same however, each task could have it's own challenges. The team, including myself will take those challenges and find a way to better our current process or even figure out which step would be the best way to complete said task. The department and the company as a whole is so caring. When life hits hard and you have to be away on bereavement, the kindness of others makes going back to work easier. Working a full time job/career - colleagues turn into a work family and that is my favorite part.
Pros
Pto, learning experiences for both work and personal life
Cons
not able to work remotely and relocate in current position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.

54.6K
43.3K
31.8K

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight