Hilton Employee Reviews

53.9K
42.8K
31.6K
Found 6,604 reviews matching the search See all 9,154 reviews
Key Skills and Competences Night Manager (Former Employee) –  MississippiMay 22, 2018
On a typical day checking guests' in and meeting new people was my joy. Learned how to learned to be listen to your guests' the management enables you to learn and to motivate you. the hardest thing about the job, was when I had to leave to relocate to another company. They appreciate me for the time that I was there, that was very important and enjoyable.
Pros
Able to move and advance
Cons
Stressful
Working with the team members was enjoyable
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 22, 2018
Working well with the team members was enjoyable. My experiences allowed me to gain knowledge of the hospitality industry. Management was helpful and educational.
Working at Hilton is a MUST!!! if you love to travel
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TNMay 22, 2018
I have learned so much in my time with Hilton. Working Night Audit has given me the time to realize myself as a professional and advance my education and training. I highly recommend this job for any person that is in school because it allows you to maintain a flexible schedule with ample time to complete tasks.
Pros
Free time, discounts, competitive pay
Cons
shift ends 7am, isolation from coworkers
great team.
Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2018
have some of the best team to work with.
everyone is friendly with each other which makes it easier to work along with.
sometimes, the number of checking out and checking in guest can be overwhelming.
Food and Beverage
Barista (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 21, 2018
Great fun, you meet interesting people, you learn new things, the guest and personal interaction is phenomenal. There's always new ways to help out and create more positive vibes not just in ome department but all throughout the hotel
Pros
Bondings you make with coworkers and supervisors
Cons
Laziness, attitudes, and feeling under appreciated
fun environment
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAMay 20, 2018
free lunch, competitive pay, pay sick days, pay vacation hours, offered a health insurance, include 401-k, and many benefits more such as training program.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break
It was ok
Dishwasher /Banquet Setup (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 20, 2018
It was a cool investment staff was great mangers was awesome the Hilton was the best job ever it was fast paced but fun everyone loved there job it was great
Pros
Cool
Cons
Cool
hilton bayfront
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLMay 19, 2018
The Hilton is a great company to work for with great job skills you can learn while being employed. they offer great benefits and huge discounts at properties around the world.
okey
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 18, 2018
okey place to work for good food fast paste okey management not too up to par in some areas needs help in customer service an better food service might not work for company any more
Front Desk Agent is only part of the actual job
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 18, 2018
Aside from working at the front desk, you are also required to work the PBX switchboard which is behind the front desk. There is a lot of favoritism with regards to who will work the desk and who will work on the PBX switchboard.

Sadly, the set up and area of the PBX switchboard are far from what one would consider Hilton standards. The carpet is filthy, and has an odor. Housekeeping does not clean or vacuum that area. There is a makeshift 'table' that the switchboard sits on, and an old office chair that the operator sits on.

Communication between departments was lacking in many ways.

I considered the 10 cent an hour raise I got after 90 days more of an insult than an incentive; and was told most employees do not even get a raise after 90 days so I should consider myself lucky.
Pros
Discounts on hotel rooms, meeting people
Cons
Favoritism, cleanliness of PBX switchboard area

Want to know more about Hilton?

Ask a question
Making my guest happy
House keeper (Former Employee) –  Spanish Fort, ALMay 18, 2018
Typical responsibilities include vacuuming, dusting, laundry, mopping and changing laundering linen. Great management, great work place, the hardest part is clocking out. The most enjoyable part is making the guest smile and proving great customer care.
Nice place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Durango, COMay 17, 2018
Supervisor was fun to work for. The General Manager got involved in every department and he listened to what you suggest. All departments worked well together
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not enough pay due to location
It is a good place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 17, 2018
I work at the Hilton for four and half months. In that time I learned more of the fine dining aspects of the culinary world. I spent time in several of the outlet restaurants. Learning and honing my skills.
This place sucks to work at
Cook (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg vaMay 17, 2018
The managers at Hilton suck and are very unprofessional.. they lie to your face carry you on for as long as you will allow. They slave you and make you bust your butt they get is much out of you as they can and it's really not worth it's. They lied to get me in the door and once I started working the dragged me along for as long as they could and never gave me the money they said they would. This place litteraly needs to fire all management and start over.
Pros
Fast paced business, always a changing environment
Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 16, 2018
Great hotel has a ton of potential for success but changing the process often damages the reputation and respect that was earned since the Hilton opened its doors. This Hotel needs a strong sense of what direction it would like to go in. Besides poor management, it would not be a bad place to work.
Great experience
Front desk clerk (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 16, 2018
My first job after getting out of school. it was fun met a lot of people, managment was great, courteous. but the hours were crazy. weekends, late nights. no set days-off.
Productive and great place to work
Banquet Captain (Current Employee) –  45 W Orchard Park Dr.May 16, 2018
setting up
making coffee
management can do better
culture seeing different cultures and different people
nothing hard about the job its very simple
i use to enjoy my job i need something different
Pros
feed they employers
Cons
sometimes you don't get break or you work over 12hrs
Very fast paced work place
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2018
Typically walk into work with the evening shift crew heading out. I collect all the keys and make sure each guests name is written on a list along with their room numbers in order to make sure each guest is charged for valet.
dishwasher/steward culinary
Steward/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILMay 16, 2018
worked weekend as dishwasher,would come in get in uniform go right to work washing dishes,it was fast passed at times,had to stock buffet table and set up lunch room for employees as well and mop floors and empty garbage cans.management seemed ok,they were always nice to me,i only wish they would of let me try something else before i left the job id of been willing to learn work up at the front desk,but they just let me leave. there work place enviroment was ok,some of the women that worked at the time were ok,but can gossip and get someone in trouble or down your back, the part i didnt like was dumping the trash but it was part of the job,the other part i liked was when they would send me over to the other hotel,the garden they called it,it was much more relaxed and a slower enviroment,might be a good place for a college kid or a high school kid between jobs,the pay was ok.
Pros
they had free lunches for employees.
Cons
not enough breaks
Fun place to work
Bartender/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Lenox, MAMay 16, 2018
I liked to work at The Hilton. My co workers were very personable, we usually had steady business and the customers were always a pleasure to serve. The manager that I had was very understanding and always very hard working.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight