Hilton Employee Reviews

Found 7,898 reviews matching the search See all 11,051 reviews
Great growth opportunities
Assistant Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 24, 2019
Great opportunities to grow. Work/life balance is poor due to strenuous hours. Travel benefits are great as well as medical insurance. Great company to work for when wanting to get into the hospitality field.
Fun
Inbound Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 24, 2019
Can be overwhelming but fun.

They had great incentives.

FREE COFFEE FREE TEA

GREAT DISCOUNTS

the time occurrence they have in place sucks. I literally witnessed ambulance taking someone and I figured because of the stress put on the employees.
Learned Much
Rotational Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2019
Overall I learned a lot from my experience. It taught me a lot about the business and about myself. I have heard that management has greatly improved since my time there.
Great organization
Operations Director(AGM) (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 24, 2019
HILTON As a corporation is wonderful! Some franchisees may be better than others but in general it is a great brand with any hospitality management expect to work the long hours! Decent compensation, fun culture within the hotels.
I enjoyed my time
Valet Parking (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 24, 2019
Working for the Hotel Del was a pleasure, I learned a lot but was disappointed when Hilton moved in and our managers were not working on issues they were aware of.
Pros
Great pay, alright benefits (depends), great team enthusiasm
Cons
Inconsistent schedule (but understandable)
Working the Front Desk
Senior Front Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 23, 2019
If you are a people person, and have charisma, this gig is for you if you're hours are flexible, and you plan to travel. In this gig you'll find that some guests are very challenging. I'm not saying that it sucks it just takes a type of personality to work in this position. You have to show patience, be empathetic, and have a positive outlook 100% of the time.
Was ok
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJune 22, 2019
Boards were big due to low number of employees. Fast paced. Little drama. Though I heard it went downhill with the management change. Would not go back.
Pay isn’t well
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 22, 2019
This was my first job. It was fun to learn skills with customer service and dealing with customers. I went to school and they worked around my school schedule. Every time manager would walk in people would let everyone know and if he called off many were excited that she called off. The pay is minimum wage. With becoming a Mother, I needed a better paying job than working there. That’s the only reason why I left. It wasn’t worth stay working LATE hours, weekends, and holidays. No thanks. Pay wasn’t worth it
Hilton...your not just a number like working on Las Vegas Strip!
Bell and Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 21, 2019
Pay is about 25% less than the strip but the peace of mind and the fact that I enjoy my Work Environment balance with my Family Life balance is so much more is important to me. (Working on the Strip is a Militant Nightmare!). Hotel Guest interactions are more personal and THEY APPRECIATE IT MORE! Lake Las Vegas Hilton is a Beautiful Property and the Guest as well as I enjoying being there! Aloha Ka Kou!
Not that to say
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Southbury, CTJune 21, 2019
I was enjoy working for The Hilton Hotel it was a pleasure for me to work there as an executive Chef I learned lots from the management team . After 10 years it was time for me to move on.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
30 minutes
great staff members
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 21, 2019
A great company to work for caring and compassionate management and staff. A company with many opportunities to advance.staff is more than just someone that you work with they become a part of your family.
Stressful but fun work environment
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 21, 2019
It was a quick-paced job that could get stressful frequently but the staff and culture of the workplace made it enjoyable and fun. I was busy for all 8-10 hours of my shift so it went by quickly.
Work from home job
VIP Extended Stay Housing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Work from homeJune 21, 2019
I would not be looking for other employment if Hilton offered work from home in Illinois where I am relocating with family. Due to laws and regulations and other extenuating circumstances, Hilton is not hiring at the time from the state. What I did specifically is I placed displaced guests who were effected by natural disasters in long stay hotel stays. I also did was involved with every step which included but was not limited to Credit card authorizations, extensions, billing, customer and hotel complains etc.
Fun workplace
Group Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dead Sea, JordanJune 21, 2019
Starting my career path in hospitality with Hilton Dead Sea Resort & Spa, prepared me for a longer journey in this industry, helped a lot in shaping my personality and passion.
productive
Hotel Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJune 21, 2019
job is very easy and laid back , easy way to earn money , you don't have to worry about anybody being over your back. pay is really good. They also have really good benefits
Coworkers are cool - Pay is trash
Guest Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 21, 2019
pay minimum wage, get minimum service. pay us more. blah blah blah. filling up minimum character requirements is dumb, i didnt even want to do this survey to begin with, jerks.
Not the best place to work
W@H CUSTOMER CARE AGENT (Current Employee) –  HomeJune 20, 2019
I work from home and it's very stressful. When a member calls and you can't help them, if you transfer to the department that can, you get pushback. You have to watch your hold time which is unavoidable and you get penalized for it. The system always has glitches in them and the tech department is really no help. Management really knows how to make you feel low however, the benefits & perks are good as far as staying at a Hilton property. My co-workers are really nice. For what we go through on a daily basis, the pay is lousy. This job is not for everyone. If you're young and looking for your 1st job working from home, it's okay.
Pros
Great benefits & perks
Cons
Lousy management & tech support
Storeroom Beverage Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 20, 2019
The Culture here at Hilton is a very strong one. Working close together to make sure we can offer the best possible service for our customers. Team work is key when operating in such a large industry, it is paramount to communicate properly.
I had a fun and driving experience there
dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 19, 2019
The job was difficult and rough but I became a team player through the thick of things. Plus I made some friends there.
I have seen a lot of different kitchens before but the way this kitchen maneuvered ,it could handle so many people and attract guests with great food that I think that the hotel lived up to its name.
Pros
The Hilton had alot of parties and events we had to tend to no matter what.
Cons
the numbers of business wrent what i was there for all the way.
Very nice place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Hilton hotel and conference centerJune 19, 2019
Best place to work .great team work, professional security manager,I would recommend.its an excellent working environment that favors all genders.A lot of team work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.

54.7K
43.3K
31.9K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Hilton.

Powered by Comparably