Hilton Employee Reviews

31.7K
Found 6,883 reviews matching the search See all 9,533 reviews
Muy buena Empresa
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 19, 2018
Ambiente muy positivo y compañero , superior muy exelentes.
Hilton Fort Lauderdale
Front desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Front Desk- Fort LauderdaleAugust 18, 2018
Front desk at a major hotel on beach boulevard strip is note. I believed we were a good team, but employees leaving , I had to question what was going on.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
not very aware management
Best job
Rezeptionistin (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CaliforniaAugust 18, 2018
I am still best friends to date with my old colleagues and mentors there. The work atmosphere was amazing and if i was still in San Diego I would love to work there again.
Bad management
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 17, 2018
Co workers were not very friendly. Lack of communication, I guess they had the I don't care about the employees attitude. I have always been a clean person and a team player but it's kinda hard when that is over looked.
Hilton World wide
Reservations Agent (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 17, 2018
I enjoy working for Hilton This is my second time working for them. I would just like to have something more challenging, Very good discounts and benefits.
Great job when it was Hilton Corporate
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 17, 2018
I have loved working at this resort, but 4 years ago, it changed to a franchised property, and everything went down hill. I would love to stay with Hilton because the Travel Benefits are amazing.
Pros
Travel Benefits
Company focused on career development
Director of Revenue Management (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 14, 2018
The best career move I made was joining the team at Hilton Worldwide. The property management is focused on improving the lives and careers of every team member. This culture is extended all the way up the corporate structure.

Opportunities to advance knowledge and skills, community outreach, and THRIVE through work/life balance are primary focus for the company.
Frustrating
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Waikoloa, HIAugust 14, 2018
They dont give you that many days off. 1 day off per week normally. In the contract its 14 rooms but they try to force you to take other workers rooms cause they cant finish it instead of them asking you to help them.
Horrible place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 14, 2018
Please dont waste your time and energy working here. It's a very cutthroat environment including management. They will work you for everything you're worth then spit you out. They promise things and cant deliver. HORRIBLE COMPANY to work for.
Hilton reservations
Reservations agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 14, 2018
I recently left this position for a better opportunity, I had only worked here 18 months while in school. I left because the sales expectations were too high, they started sending us non productive calls on purpose and sending the better calls to the overseas agents. More and more calls are being outsourced, causing mistakes on reservations and we have to fix them, and ruin our sales stats. Everything is about a stat. Customer surveys, sales percentage and how high the room rates you book are how we Were measured, all the while saying they are customer focused. They are focused only on the customers wallet. They want us to sell the highest room rate possible, yet they advertise rates lower than our required threshold. I matter what location a customer calls for, your average room rate requirement will be fixed. So if a guest wants a room in Phoenix and the rate is $89, your required daily room rate is $160. These are unachievable goals, except by the lucky few who consistently get NYC properties or for luxury hotels. For the vast majority of agents, it’s not possible. I heard in the past they used to have free hotel stays, and fam trips, but those were gone while worked there. I agree with the previous comments about working for liars, and How they say they listen. They don’t, and they will disguise changes made to our incentives as good things, all the while not disclosing how much money they are taking from agents. For most people, you won’t be able to afford it work here. The low pay, limited advancement opportunities (no advancement for Part time agents at all)   more... and the fact you have to pay for your phone and internet, and get no reimbursement. I tried to apply for several posisitions, I was a apart time agent, they would not allow other departments to work part time. Your supervisor likely will never had any phone Time, or they may have been hired a whopping 6 months ago, like mine. I considered myself a new employee, yet they allowed someone who worked there six months to get promoted to supervisor simply because they were full time. My boss had no clue About policies or procedures and would always provide me with incorrect information. I would say if you are thinking of working for Hilton in the Reservations department, that you should keep looking. There are better opportunites out there. I found a better one so can you.  less
Pros
Working from home, no commute, some travel benefits
Cons
Pay for own internet, phone, high expectations, low pay, stressful, demanding supervisor, incompetent supervisor, no advancement, dead end job
Freindly workplace
Housemen (Former Employee) –  Fort lauderdale, FLAugust 14, 2018
It is a good place to work a is a good place to apply yourself to try to move up in the company, work on customer service skills, and to help you learn to work at a face pace
Hotel Business
Valet Cashier (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 14, 2018
great place to work, meeting new people everyday, heart of downtown Austin, great open spaces, fun people to work with, lots of improvement opportunities.
Fantastic Company
Senior Marketing Team Lead of Owner Programs (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2018
I worked for more than eight years at the Hilton New York. By far one of the best learning and career moves ever. I still consider the staff at Hilton New York family.
Pros
travel opportunities, largest hotel in New York City
working for hilton
Guest Assistant (Former Employee) –  Home BasedAugust 13, 2018
Working for Hilton was a great learning experience. Great feeling help customer locate a great hotel, and provide free stays when able. Love speaking with customer and resolving issue quickly and to there satisfaction .
Pros
discount hotel stays for family and friends
Cons
no face to face
Connection about me and Hilton
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 13, 2018
It was a great time to work with them. I gave them much respect and that discipline was absolutely helped me out. They trust me cause I’m honest guy and doing my job all the time.
Working from home
Reservations (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 13, 2018
I worked here for what seemed like forever. Thankfully no More. They treat their employees like trash, micromanage, and lie to them. There are unreasonable sales expectations, numerous goal setting meetings. Instead of guaging us on how accurate we are or how well we serve our guests, we ar strictly graded on how many sales reservations you make (doesn’t matter how unethically you get them) and how much money you can charge the guest. They are investment company, and no longer a hospitality company, I’m sad to see the transition of what I once thought of a wonderful place to work, to a militant sales environment. Hilton says they value their employees, and that they listen to them, however they only pretend to. A customer can provide a survey, incorrectly input a value, and it completely kill your raise. Or worse still, if you are a high partner transferor (that’s supposed to be a good thing) and you don’t get many customer surveys, you also won’t get your raise. I have to say it was the greatest waste of my youth working here, the only reason I stuck out so long is because of the travel benefits. Nowadays, those are waning, they charge employees higher rates than they used to- no free stays. Shouldn’t they encourage us to stay at our hotels so we can provide a customer a first hand account? Nah, just guess, or lie, they prefer it that way. It’s the only company I have ever worked where your supervisor has no clue on how to do your job, and never had to. They allow a software to sort your calls, and flag pieces of the sales script you miss. They call this engaging in conversation...I  more... call this micromanaging. I’m a grownup, I don’t need anyone telling me what to say, when and how often. Not to mention literally every second of your time is accounted for, they hold meetings against your customer focused time which impacts your raise. Punish us for attending a meeting they require..punish us for having to start up our computers for work and punish us for their system malfunctioning. Not anymore! I have flown the coop!  less
Pros
Working form home, travel benefits
Cons
Low pay, high expectations, stressful work, micromanaging bosses, clueless managers, and working for liars
Good chance for advancement
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Collinsville, ILAugust 11, 2018
Hilton is a good company to work for. I do however wish they would offer paid maternity leave like some of their biggest hotel competitors. Very good chance of advancement if you are willing to put in the work and learn. This job can become stressful at times if you are not a people person. A lot of thinking on the feet type of work as well! Overall good company to work for!
Pros
Free lunch, linnet managers
Cons
Short breaks, no paid family leave
Hilton Phoenix Airport
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 11, 2018
Working here is about average. Sometimes it can be cliquish, there are favorites and the discipline can be inconsistent. The change over has increased.
Pros
Benefits are pretty good.
Cons
Low Pay.
Super fast work pace
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 10, 2018
As there is no host or hostess customers may seat wherever and whenever they please which can be stressful but managers are amazing and are right there if you ever need help.
Productive and driven by completion
Cook 1 (Former Employee) –  BaltimoeAugust 9, 2018
Nice place to grow and learn. My only complaint is that they down promote the kitchen staff to often.They often hire from the outside then we have to train people we are way Moe qualified then
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Nl room clr nds idess

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight