Hilton

Hilton Employee Reviews for Reservation Specialist

Wants to help customers with hotel stays
They was a good company to work for. The hours were not compatible with my school so that was the only down fall. They are a huge company with many benefits.
Horrible stressful environment
Nothing good to report. This was always stressful working for a company who never paid you what you are worth and most of your sales calls were actually customer service calls which decreased everyone's pay.
Remote positions available
The best part about this company was that you could work from home. The worst part, is that it is still a sales environment- managers micromanaged you throughout the day to ensure you up-sell each reservation.
Great PT Option
Hilton is a worldwide brand yet employees are paid pennies in comparison to what the leaders at the top. There is no morale. We are always made to feel like our job is on the line if we are not meeting above expectations
Better Workplace
I worked at the Reservation department offshore, and i must say its a much better workplace. i dealt with people all over the world as our clients and rendered service that will tailor fit their needs.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Stressful
It's a numbers game. You have to meet your metrics which are hard to meet. You cant force people to buy a hotel room if they dont want too. But you are forced to meet the metrics.
Stressful
You work in a very high demand position making hotel reservations with extremely high company expectations that were very difficult to meet or exceed as management expected
I worked at the reservation center, I worked a lot. They were pretty strict about schedules but sometimes it was fun.
If you need to be away from your desk when you're scheduled you need to fill out an incident report. Sometimes they'd have visitors so there was usually something going on in the break room and if you worked at one of the specialized area desks they would have field trips.
Pros
Easy job with perks
Cons
Strict schedules which can be difficult if you have an emergency
I liked it!
I worked from home. It was very far paced but I'm an easy learner so it wasn't hard for me. It is incentive based and there are set metrics you have to meet or exceed.
Too Good To Be True
I was very excited to work for Hilton, especially after I heard about the incentives you could make. Found out after I was hired that the incentive program was actually a sales requirement. I left when my job was threatened repeatedly for not meeting the sales and other requirements, even though I was one of the best on my team, and my metrics continued to improve each shift (just not fast enough for their liking, I suppose). Also, my direct supervisor was absolutely clueless, often providing incorrect information to my team, as well as not explaining important terms and policies to my team.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Terrible management, too much responsibility given too quickly to new employees
Fun
I like meeting new people and this affords me the opportunity to do so every phone call. The company is very helpful. They continue to coach and encourage you along the way. They really care about your progress. Calls are back to back. But it makes the time go by fast and it's fun.
Difficult remote work
The work I did was actually different from what I was hired to do, I was hire to support Portuguese speakers with some overflow from the American desk. About a half way thru I was switched to received 98% (130 calls, before was about 36) of the calls from the American desk, were many of the guest was very rude because of my accent. You can't log out or pause the system for restroom brakes or water...
Productive and good company to work for
Hotel reservations so you can imagine people being rude on occasion, in a hurry or emotional. This position was work from home so you don’t have to dress up. As long as you’re in a quiet place it’s easy. You’re trained throughly and calls are monitored. You do have to cross sell or up sell rooms.
Pros
Work from home, calls are easy
Cons
Work from home gets boring, cross sell
Great Product
Hilton has a fantastic range of products on offer. It's easy to sell with confidence when you know you have an excellent product. During the time I was with Hilton, I had opportuniy for advancement and I was able to try several different roles. Management was supportive and there are some fantastic perks.

The downside for me was the isolation of working from home and the low pay rate.
Pros
Great perks, great company, good managers.
Cons
Low pay
Fun place to work
This employer was a fun place to work, I got to meet a lot of great people from all walks of life, and this job really boosted my self confidence as I received Super Grad (which means I was one of two employees within my training group that had the highest call volume).
Working at Hilton
Great job for a students and moms that don't depend entirely on this salary to live.

Many single people work another job(s) to make ends meet.

Team members are nice and helpful.
Productive and fun environment and easy access to supervisors if assistance is needed
It was my best job yet. Everyone was so friendly and ready to answer any questions you may have. They also do their best to work with you if an emergency should come up.
Pros
easy to get a promotion, raise every 6 months, great commission
Hilton
Great company to work for. Great Environment, great team members and leadership. They really work with you and care about you and your family. Competitive pay and you can pretty much dictate your pay accorsding to your performance
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
hard to schedule work hours
It's a work from home position
My position is enjoyable because I get to help guest find what they need to have a fun vacation. I'm able to talk with them about their plans and search a lot of different areas.
A great call center to work at
The healthcare benefits were fantastic as well has getting discounts at the different hotels that are in the Hilton family. You would get 2 15 min breaks with a 30 min lunch.
Hilton, a great place to work and to stay
I actually loved working for Hilton, I would love to work for them again but they are not hiring. It was my dream job and I really do not have any complaints about the company except for the fact that most of the Hilton Hotels, some privately owned, do not accept FEMA
Pros
Build your own schedule, work from home, every employee is so helpful, discounts, contest and ..... So many other pros
Cons
Do not accept FEMA
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.
5.5K
3.8K
2.1K
Women's ratings

4.4Fairygodboss Score

75%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

88%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.