Hilton logo
Hilton
Happiness rating is 75 out of 100Above average

Hilton Employee Reviews for Reservation Specialist

Found 118 reviews matching the searchSee all 13,983 reviews

Wants to help customers with hotel stays

They was a good company to work for. The hours were not compatible with my school so that was the only down fall. They are a huge company with many benefits.

It was a good company to work for! Flexible hours when I was an agent working. Management seemed to care about your success. There were a lot of perks.

Very flexible

Hilton constantly endeavors to assist their employees with self improvement training. I gained valuable training and assistance from Hilton. The only dilemma while working there was the pay.

Fantastic career

I love making people happy and this job was all about that they take care of you and your family even when COVID-19 forced them to furlough and then do away with some positions they still looked out for us I would work for them again in a heartbeat

Pros

Great benefits schedule and work life

I work from home & make my own schedule.

I have worked for Hilton for almost 3 years. I am a customer service agent. I work from home. The job has changed from when I started as most jobs do with more metrics to meet. I have received a $2.00 an Hour raise. You also have health insurance & PTO. Overall a Great Company.

Pros

Work from home.

Cons

It is too busy!

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

stressing but with fun expereinces

Hilton gives a lot of incentives since i worked as hotel reservation specialist. They also add some incentives if reached your qoutas. and they really care for their staffs.

Pros

reasonable incentives

Cons

Hilton company offers the best plan that they can provide their employee. They were able to provide good benefits and salary package based on the skills of their employee. They were able to give high incentive programs to their employees. Kudos!

Wonderful place to work

I would highly recommend working for this company. The benefits are amazing. Travel. Learning new things about different hotels was the high light of the job. Interacting with people from all over the country.

Excellent benefits and great staff

I loved this job. The benefits were amazing and so was the staff. At the time the pay was a little steep but since then they have increased the pay.

excellent team member travel program

Excellent team member travel program that allows you to explore the different hotels and experience first hand to be able to share with guest to be able to make first hand recommendations.

Jobs at Hilton

Reservation Specialist positions
See more jobs

Horrible stressful environment

Nothing good to report. This was always stressful working for a company who never paid you what you are worth and most of your sales calls were actually customer service calls which decreased everyone's pay.

Remote positions available

The best part about this company was that you could work from home. The worst part, is that it is still a sales environment- managers micromanaged you throughout the day to ensure you up-sell each reservation.

Great PT Option

Hilton is a worldwide brand yet employees are paid pennies in comparison to what the leaders at the top. There is no morale. We are always made to feel like our job is on the line if we are not meeting above expectations

Better Workplace

I worked at the Reservation department offshore, and i must say its a much better workplace. i dealt with people all over the world as our clients and rendered service that will tailor fit their needs.

Stressful

It's a numbers game. You have to meet your metrics which are hard to meet. You cant force people to buy a hotel room if they dont want too. But you are forced to meet the metrics.

Stressful

You work in a very high demand position making hotel reservations with extremely high company expectations that were very difficult to meet or exceed as management expected

I worked at the reservation center, I worked a lot. They were pretty strict about schedules but sometimes it was fun.

If you need to be away from your desk when you're scheduled you need to fill out an incident report. Sometimes they'd have visitors so there was usually something going on in the break room and if you worked at one of the specialized area desks they would have field trips.

Pros

Easy job with perks

Cons

Strict schedules which can be difficult if you have an emergency

I liked it!

I worked from home. It was very far paced but I'm an easy learner so it wasn't hard for me. It is incentive based and there are set metrics you have to meet or exceed.

Too Good To Be True

I was very excited to work for Hilton, especially after I heard about the incentives you could make. Found out after I was hired that the incentive program was actually a sales requirement. I left when my job was threatened repeatedly for not meeting the sales and other requirements, even though I was one of the best on my team, and my metrics continued to improve each shift (just not fast enough for their liking, I suppose). Also, my direct supervisor was absolutely clueless, often providing incorrect information to my team, as well as not explaining important terms and policies to my team.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Terrible management, too much responsibility given too quickly to new employees

Fun

I like meeting new people and this affords me the opportunity to do so every phone call. The company is very helpful. They continue to coach and encourage you along the way. They really care about your progress. Calls are back to back. But it makes the time go by fast and it's fun.

Difficult remote work

The work I did was actually different from what I was hired to do, I was hire to support Portuguese speakers with some overflow from the American desk. About a half way thru I was switched to received 98% (130 calls, before was about 36) of the calls from the American desk, were many of the guest was very rude because of my accent. You can't log out or pause the system for restroom brakes or water...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

6.1K
4.1K
2.3K

Women's ratings

4.4Fairygodboss Score

75%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

89%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Hilton with

Career recommendations for Reservation Specialist

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more

Popular locations for Reservation Specialist in US