Hilton Employee Reviews in Houston, TX

Found 167 reviews matching the search See all 11,141 reviews
It was pretty simple
Valet Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2019
Everything was pretty simple and easy not to hard to follow directions so it made everything easy. Gonna be applying for a lot of jobs tonight. A new one is now needed.
Learned Much
Rotational Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2019
Overall I learned a lot from my experience. It taught me a lot about the business and about myself. I have heard that management has greatly improved since my time there.
it was ok
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 18, 2019
management was extremely racist, always issues with scheduling, and them assigning tasks they were too lazy to do them selves, never was trained. benefits were decent with good hotel prices .
Remington management
SMERF sales manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 6, 2019
Remington management owned and operated my last hotel I worked at which was a Hilton brand.
Previously I worked for the Doubletree brand which was a Hilton brand and before that the Crowne Plaza Riverwalk which was also a Hilton Brand.
Pros
Bonus'
Cons
Bonus percentage was held and paid at the end of the year.
productive work
Banquet service - valet - Houseman (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 10, 2019
work at HILTON is very nice, because the team here is very important ,and everyone work hard to arrived his goal .I learnerd a lot of things such as work at team ,diswasher , make ice tea , and did the table for event .The job here is easy
productive and good place to work
Bellman/Concierge (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX 77010April 22, 2019
busy place in a day of work, I can know different cultures, a day of work can be from fun to stressful, a slow day is boring I have to stand in the lobby in a firm position.
Pros
free lunch and discount rooms, free uniform
Cons
low payment non flexible schedule working in holidays
They will work you and use you like a slave if you let them then fire you for nothing.. You can stay on the job better if you dont work and dont compl
Banquet Facilities Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 15, 2019
This job was over rated and not worth the pay just will be over worked used and under paid.. They dont belive in insubordination.. I wouldn't even recommend a visit
Summary of Review
Hotel Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 12, 2019
Here is the one hundred and fifty character minimum that i was forced to write as a review or i was not allowed to continue on to the next page. Boooo1
Great Benefits
Outlets Manager (Current Employee) –  Hilton, Westchase Houston TXJanuary 12, 2019
I have been working for hospitality industry for almost 25 years but the Hilton which I am working at this moments needs updated and renovation with all the importance to give an exceptional service to our guests
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Prioritize of equipments
Fast paced job with a large corporation
Banquet Facilities/Banquet Barback (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 8, 2019
Working with the Hilton Companies has given me the opportunity to learn another facet of hospitality service on a large scale. There is a definite amount of satisfaction setting up a room for 1500 people and seeing the whole room come together to make a spectacular venue. The hardest part of the job would be tearing down a room for one event and setting up for another in one shift.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Not enough hours, no chance of advancement
A franchise property on the SW side of Houston Texas
Accounting Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 24, 2018
As an accounting agent I performed different daily duties. I trained and performed in accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll. It was here that I first got in to accounting and learned a great deal about finance. We were one of three different brands under the same ownership. This made us seem a bit smaller but made us tighter as a family unit. We worked hard daily to honor the Hilton culture and management promoted it daily. The hardest part of the job again was feeling for unsatisfied guests. In the hospitality industry you are given all the tools necessary to make decisions that benefit the guest. When you can't you can't help but empathize. Again the most rewarding part of my job was knowing I was doing my part to protect the hotel's future as well as my coworker's jobs.
Team based and Community Oriented
Group Reservations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 10, 2018
Hilton as a company is a great place to work at. They have very good benefits and most importantly they are very community and family oriented. They are very charitable and helping others.

A typical day on my job is a little hectic with handling numerous amounts of incoming groups, dealing with Event Managers, Front Office, Sales, and Catering, all while answering transient calls as well. The positive side to my department is my team, we are like family which makes it enjoyable to come to work.
very family like environment
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 9, 2018
One of the best places to work. Very friendly even family like environment. Lots of diversity and respect for the multi cultural work environment. Can be overtly cautious in dealing with staff because of union presence
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
unionized and lots of caution
Needs Help
Sales Closer (Trouble Shooter) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 21, 2018
A typical day at work for Hilton Furniture was long and frustrating
I learned that all companies need sales meeting
Management needed improving
Culture was good
The hardest part of my job was seeing the sales staff not Turning around the customer to another sales member
The most enjoyable was working with family
Pros
Free lunch and breakfast
Cons
Health care
Good place to work while going o school
Server (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 17, 2018
Good place to work while going o school since management tries t accommodate your schedule around school or other jobs schedule. It is a great temporary job but you can also make a career out of it.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Driver/Concierge (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 8, 2018
Productive safe good benefits sometimes stressful
Sometimes it gives the impression that my department in which I work does not give the value to the employee.
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Pay rate too low
Great leadership
Senior Sales Manager (Corporate/Association (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 2, 2018
Truly takes care of the team, great benefits, great salary, incredible location. Houston is definitely on its way to become a Tier 1 city. Great hotel!
Company focused on career development
Director of Revenue Management (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 14, 2018
The best career move I made was joining the team at Hilton Worldwide. The property management is focused on improving the lives and careers of every team member. This culture is extended all the way up the corporate structure.

Opportunities to advance knowledge and skills, community outreach, and THRIVE through work/life balance are primary focus for the company.
Hilton Houston Westchase
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 31, 2018
Well For life at the Hilton is pretty calm except in the morning for check-in's or for check outs at morning and night. You will have at the least 200 checkouts and/or at least 150 check in's
Fast-pace environment
Assistant Banquet Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 27, 2018
Fast pace environment
Good and caring management
Friendly and supporting workplace
Always on foot
The energy, rush and excitement of delivering good service is the most enjoyable part of the job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.

54.8K
43.4K
31.9K

Women's ratings

4.5Fairygodboss Score

76%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

93%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss