Hilton Employee Reviews

Found 7,963 reviews matching the search See all 11,144 reviews
Coworkers are cool - Pay is trash
Guest Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 21, 2019
pay minimum wage, get minimum service. pay us more. blah blah blah. filling up minimum character requirements is dumb, i didnt even want to do this survey to begin with, jerks.
Not the best place to work
W@H CUSTOMER CARE AGENT (Current Employee) –  HomeJune 20, 2019
I work from home and it's very stressful. When a member calls and you can't help them, if you transfer to the department that can, you get pushback. You have to watch your hold time which is unavoidable and you get penalized for it. The system always has glitches in them and the tech department is really no help. Management really knows how to make you feel low however, the benefits & perks are good as far as staying at a Hilton property. My co-workers are really nice. For what we go through on a daily basis, the pay is lousy. This job is not for everyone. If you're young and looking for your 1st job working from home, it's okay.
Pros
Great benefits & perks
Cons
Lousy management & tech support
Storeroom Beverage Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 20, 2019
The Culture here at Hilton is a very strong one. Working close together to make sure we can offer the best possible service for our customers. Team work is key when operating in such a large industry, it is paramount to communicate properly.
I had a fun and driving experience there
dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 19, 2019
The job was difficult and rough but I became a team player through the thick of things. Plus I made some friends there.
I have seen a lot of different kitchens before but the way this kitchen maneuvered ,it could handle so many people and attract guests with great food that I think that the hotel lived up to its name.
Pros
The Hilton had alot of parties and events we had to tend to no matter what.
Cons
the numbers of business wrent what i was there for all the way.
Very nice place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Hilton hotel and conference centerJune 19, 2019
Best place to work .great team work, professional security manager,I would recommend.its an excellent working environment that favors all genders.A lot of team work.
Hilton is such a great place to work. They are productive and conduct us to in house trainings.
Housekeeping / House Attendant (Former Employee) –  Waikīkī, HIJune 19, 2019
When I was new as a houseman in HGI Waikiki Hawaii, i use to worked on grave yard shift. And I learned how to use the cleaning machines. The Management is good,they gave us inhouse trainings. The culture is very nice as well. The hardest part of the Job was,,when we are so busy on the floors and deliveries just came up, but still enjoyable because we all work together and we finished it on time. I've worked for Hilton since 2016 to 2019.
Hospitality
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 18, 2019
Hilton is all about Hospitality in a guest focused environment. Much of the management work is not streamlined and requires multiple systems. Could be easier if it was streamlined
it was ok
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 18, 2019
management was extremely racist, always issues with scheduling, and them assigning tasks they were too lazy to do them selves, never was trained. benefits were decent with good hotel prices .
Enjoyable
Waitstaff (Current Employee) –  GuamJune 18, 2019
All employees are very helpful and provide the excellent customer service at all guest. They are also very motivated and willing to help when needed. Also, provide great teamwork.
Depends on the Hilton location
Restaurant Server, Room Service (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 18, 2019
I personally did not get a good Hilton experience. I did not know when I was hired it was a union hotel. Yes unions protect you in ways and there is job security, but when it comes to hours or a position it is all based on seniority and who has been there longer. If you take a position but someone else decides they want it they can come and just take it from you. I felt that to be extremely unfair.
I had extremely poor management at my hotel and nobody wanted to stay because of the conditions. Our owner chooses not to fix things so there are constant guess complaints and you feel embarrassed about where you work when everything is always broken or there is always something leaking.

I know there are many good Hilton hotels that do truly follow the Hilton standards and they are much better places to work for. I still enjoy hospitality and found a way to make this situation positive. I would like to work for another non unionized Hilton in the future. I believe you need to be in a positive environment to succeed in your position. Constant negativity brings you down and makes you wonder why you are going to this job everyday.

The one awesome thing is the Hilton travel benefits. You can save thousands traveling to any Hilton anywhere in the world and offer friends and family discounts for up to 30 people. This is really awesome!
Pros
Travel discounts, health insurance, learn really good customer service skills
Cons
Negative environment, lack of management and high turnover, union is more detrimental, rarely a break
A more stressful and crowded environment
Busser/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 18, 2019
For the time I worked for the Hilton’s restaurant, I enjoyed minor parts of the job. Had the pay rate been more and the tip out been fair I would have enjoyed it more.
not that great of environment
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Hilton, NYJune 17, 2019
Did not like this place as job of employment great staff just not what I expected as my job of employment. Pay rate was decent but the work load was to much
great work place very friendly
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 17, 2019
they would have barbecue for employees and have ice cream days they would pay for your pool classes they were always willing to take the extra step to help you in any way that they could. I really liked the benefit package you could choose from. everyone was fun to work with.
Pros
they would have cookouts for the employees
Cons
they would always make sure you took your breaks
A good growing experience
FRONT DESK/SAFETY DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARJune 16, 2019
A great way to meet incredibly and diverse groups of people every day. Incredible coworkers and management. Lots of hours and flexible days. Great team to work with.
Pros
Great Coworkers. Awesome boss. Flexible hours and days
Cons
Not much room for growth.
Better Health Benefits than other companies, Great hotel discounts, Poor work/life balance for managers
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 15, 2019
Hilton is a better company than most. Great health benefits, opportunities for growth if you work hard and build relationships. There is no work life balance for managers, lack of accountability team members.
Best Jobs
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 14, 2019
I loved working for Hilton because the hotel's brand standards are so high. There was rarely a time when I was unable to satisfy a need of a guest. My management was exceptional, supportive, and taught me everything I wanted to know and more. One of the best companies I have worked for. Job benefits were awesome, affordable, and amazing.
Great Employees and good benefits
Senior Event Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 14, 2019
The people at the hotel are some of the best - many with several years experience and are committed to a great experience for all.

Employee cafeteria was recently remodeled. lunch is $3 per day and had a salad bar, hot items and wonderful desserts.
Park Hotels destroying Hilton
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 14, 2019
Since Park Hotels are running Hilton location, their goal is to cut staff and increase workload on the remaining employees. This creates so much pressure, that everyone with experience, are quitting and the new hires are overwhelmed. Guest service is suffering and management is wonder why guest comments are so negative. So they put even more pressure on remaining employees to do a better job with less help. Managers at the Salt Lake City Center Hilton seem to have little empathy and understanding of peoples limits. They even have two ex marines who think they're running the place. The turnover rate is the worst of any place I've worked. I'm glad it's over and I'm out of the Hilton nightmare
Benefits
Just a job
Work at Home Reservations Agent (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 14, 2019
They hire groups and throw you into intense training. After a few stressful boring weeks you're thrown out again, now onto the phones. It's not very professional putting clueless people at the front desk, which is where the guest is calling. It's mentally exhausting. You don't have time to read anything because if you're reading too much you can increase your numbers negatively. You just dial in log-on and take back to back calls and then sign out. There's A LOT of internal tech problems that also affect your numbers. You make no money while making tons for Hilton
Pros
Convenient
Cons
Tech problems
I loved working at the Hilton
Server (Former Employee) –  Downtown Lexington KyJune 13, 2019
For first time in my life i had to wake up at 5am in the morning and i simply enjoyed the experience that i got used to it and it kept me fit too.I took breakfast and lunch orders and made many a friend and liked by the staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.

54.8K
43.4K
31.9K

Women's ratings

4.5Fairygodboss Score

76%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

93%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss