Him Employee Reviews

Professional environment changes day to day
Technician III/Coding Support (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAMay 18, 2018
Medical record review and working with clinicians and physicians to ensure proper documentation for coding purposes. Mid stress level. Typical desk job.
Him
Facility Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 25, 2018
Honestly is a job that never is completed. The Physicians can be demanding regarding suspensions and you have to learn how to communicate effectively.
Great HIM staff at this location
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Emporia, VAMarch 2, 2018
The typical day at work allowed me to use my HIM skills and was a good experiance. HIM staff was a good team to work with,very focus,dependable and resposible
Very nice place to work
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 13, 2018
Great place to work, team players. great management teams. great opportunities to advance. Enjoyed working with the doctors and staff. Learned all my great work ethics at this work site.
Pros
Great environment
Very Diverse Organization to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 27, 2018
Primarily processed Release of Information requests according to HIPAA guidelines

Had great potential as a non-profit organization

Initial Management was very unproductive, final management productive but overwhelmed
Benefits
Cons
Lack of Communication
Typical work flow at Sutter Davis Hospital
Scanning Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 10, 2018
My day starts with prioritizing all the requests for records as either STATS, Urgent, Legal and so forth.

Processing the release by mail,Email,Fax,CD,etc

Answer Phone calls

Helping walk in patients requesting their records.

I will do rounding on all the depts picking up their scanned documents.

Hardest part of job is prioritizing releases and screening the phone calls.

Most enjoyable part of the job is helping the walk in patients, putting a face to the person you are helping instead of just faxing or talking on the phone to them.
Cons
on call position and sometimes too busy to take a break
fun workplace productive
HIM Technician (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CAJanuary 6, 2018
My days are good here at work. We are not micromanaged. That's a big thing to me. The culture is great. I love my coworkers. I have learned so much and I continue to learn daily.
HIM Professional Practice Experience Student
Clinical Student (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILDecember 4, 2017
I learned how important collaboration and communication is between several departments a healthcare facility to successfully treat patients with treatments tailored to the individual patients' need.
Pros
team work
Nice
Director (Current Employee) –  Stafford, TX 77477November 13, 2017
Good working experience with a multicultural group of people and multi-speciality physicians, So much to learn and lot of continuing education and knowledge.
Enjoyed working with this employer.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCNovember 12, 2017
Did not mind working with this employer. I enjoyed the work and the environment was fine. It was balanced and a relaxed environment and I enjoyed the employees that I worked with.
Pros
Enjoyed work.
Cons
No complaints.
fun workplace
Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 17, 2017
I love my job at Womans I don't want to go anywhere else if I can help it. I have had several surgery on my hands so I am looking for something else that is lest stringent on my hands. everyone is like family. management is good. the hardest part of my job is the paperwork. the most enjoyable part is being able to come to work.
Pros
discount, bonus
Cons
healthcare, time off
Fast paced environment
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 13, 2017
This was an amazing job. Fast paced and multi tanker is the name of this game. Upbeat personality needed. Knowledge of Hippa is a must when dealing with medical records.
Work place culture was very friendly.
Document Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 19, 2017
A typical day in the HIM dept. was very focused but also relaxed. Working in this dept. allowed me the experience in working for an inpatient facility. Management was exacting but, they didn't make you feel as if they were looking over your shoulder even though we had deadlines to meet it was still a relaxing atmosphere to enjoy doing what you need to do. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the staff that I had the pleasure to work with.
Productive and fun place to work
Technician (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 29, 2017
Shriners in Lexington is probably the best job there is. Great management, Amazing co-workers, Fantastic job. Then we moved locations. We don't have the same environment as we use to. We now have to pay a insane amount of $ for awful parking spots that's 2 million miles away (without any type of raise to help us out). Other than that I love it. Plus the traffic is awful now. You cant have a dr's apt in the morning because you wont find a parking spot if you arrive any later than like 8:30 a.m.
Pros
Pretty much everything
Cons
Parking, Paying for Parking and Traffic
Friendly coworkers
technician & Admissions assistant (Current Employee) –  Shenandoah, TXAugust 21, 2017
Learned a lot more of HIPAA policies.
Worked closer with State and learned that process.
Hardest part of the job is having to explain to patients on how we process ROI request.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short staffing
Used to be a great place to work until new Management came on
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Minot, NDAugust 18, 2017
I enjoyed this job for many years, but for the last year ir so it became very stressful.I was being watched as they told me, so I was on pins and needles for every move I made if not working at my desk.
Pros
Great insurance, good people.
Cons
Tattletails
Busy environment
HIM Specialist (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDAugust 1, 2017
It started out challenging and loved the supervisor, but then she moved, and we never had another supervisor up until the time i moved back to PA. No support for our department.
Pros
Interesting staff
Cons
No support
Reviewed physician documentation for specific details of patient medical care
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 20, 2017
Enjoy working with physicians learning the culture of the medical treatment for the patient care in different hospital settings.managing time spent on each chart. Work place culture was ver receptive to the clinical documentation department.hardest part of the job has been keeping up with the latest changes with medical documentation. Most enjoyable part of my job has been learning so many different hospital cultures.
One-Sided
Technician (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJune 15, 2017
A typical day at work was busy and fast-paced which I enjoyed and I gained a lot of experience in the position. The hardest part of the job was the lack of openings for moving-up in positions.
Pros
lunch and 2 breaks
Cons
Taking the breaks were frowned upon
talk with insurance companies
Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJune 1, 2017
Responsible for medical records, retrieving records. talk with insurance companies. invoice them for those records. manage incoming checks. multitask.