Hinds Hospice

Hinds Hospice Employee Reviews

United States14 reviews
what I did was work the cashier,restocked shelves and made sure the place stayed clean and customers did not have any questions. I did this for community service
I am a recently retired employee after approx. 15 yrs of volunteer & employment with Hinds Hospice. I can assure you that our Hinds team members bring the greatest compassion, love, & integrity to the care of our patients & their families. It is definitely a place where you walk away each day knowing that you have made the lives of your fellow man better! Hinds Hospice brings hope to our end of life patients & their families.
Supervisor and other team members very helpful. Nurses stayed busy to complete their assignments but overtime got paid. They are very respectful to all cultures and religions.
Management is ingrown and insensitive to clinical staff work life balance. The agency has stovepiped departments that don’t collaborate or communicate internally. When I came to work there I believed it was THE hospice agency in Fresno to work for but discovered they’re just another employer. Sad and disappointed.
I worked for Hinds Hospice for about two years and had the best work experience. I highly recommend this agency to work for. Wonderful management and professional staff all around.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
My caseload was generally 20-25 patients. I provided weekly assessments and symptom management and end of life care. The hardest part of the job was balancing care with scheduling.
Pros
I enjoyed the relationship I developed with families and patients.
Cons
At times the out dated computer charting program made it difficult to document.
Volunteered here for a few months and was always greeted by friendly workers. The work was great always was explained and if I needed help the employees would always be more than happy too.
Pros
Food, Positive environment
Supportive agency to work for. Great staff and community. It being a non-profit hospice really moved my heart. Would still work here if I weren't relocating out of state.
I found Hinds somewhat focused on patient care and quality outcomes but a great deal of politics for a non profit organization. Not given adequate training SPECIFIC to my role. My manager micro managed me and was very untrusting.
Pros
None for me
Cons
My manager was a micro manager
Former c.N.A.(2003-2005)
Worked well with "most" staff.

Very interesting job.

Small work environment.

Management difficult to communicate with. Never understood if an employee had a personnel issue at home to deal with.
Pros
Helping the patients & their famalies. Met alot of interesting people.
Cons
Seeing the patient struggle with their terminal illness, As well as their loved ones.
Working for a hospice has been especially rewarding since I didn't expect to ever be working in a health related field. But now I see how my field of expertise can really go hand in hand with all health related fields. Especially more than ever now as the rules and regulations surrounding the health sector have gotten more stringent.
Co-workers are very supportive and work well as a team. Management is somewhat unaware of issues with clinical staff and does not include staff in planning for changes. Love the patients, families, and co-workers!
Different types of diseases & cancers. Learned how to be more caring & compassionate towards others,
Pros
nice staff, one on one patient care
Cons
patients dying, seeing family members crying
Provided psychosocial therapy services, which included group and individual therapy for dying patients and their families.
Pros
teaming
Cons
distance to drive
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hinds Hospice. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
4.8Career Opportunities
3.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Hinds Hospice Reviews by Location