Hinduja Global Solutions Employee Reviews

Found 545 reviews matching the search See all 3,167 reviews
What GREAT Colleagues at HGS!
Recruitment (Current Employee) –  Peoria, Illinois USASeptember 20, 2018
I love coming to work! Everyone that I meet at HGS is fun, friendly, and so helpful! We are always having fun events and theme days that keeps everyone’s morale up! I highly recommend working here!!!
Pros
Tuition Reimbursement!, Great Health Insurance!, Fun events throughout the week., I’ve made new friends
Cons
Not enough notice for some of the employee events
Great Work Environment
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 20, 2018
Great camaraderie; easy to make friends and socialize. Everyone I work with is amazing. The work is challenging, ongoing opportunity to learn and develop.
Pros
casual, fun work environment
Rewarding and fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peoria, IllinoisSeptember 20, 2018
I am currently employed at HGS. In the short time that I've been here I moved from a representative role to an administrative role. If you want a career and are dedicated to succeed, then HGS is the place for you. There are so many incentives and room to grow. I love it here!
Why I love my job
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 20, 2018
I have worked at HGS for almost 6 years, in that time frame I have went from a CSR to a Trainer. I've been very lucky learn from a leadership staff who has guided me along the way and built me up so that I can keep growing with in the company. I like coming to work to see what challenges I can overcome each day and the personal growth I have seen within myself has been very rewarding. Is the job the easiest? No not by a long shot, however I have learned to tackle each obstacle and grow from it. Each day I learn something new about myself and those who work around me. I represent a great client who cares about the representatives that support their brand. I look forward to my future at HGS. The pay is not the best especially when some fast food locations pay the same thing starting out. Vacation time is up to you to earn and I'm proud that I'm in control of how much vacation time I earn so I feel blessed to know if I need two weeks off in a year for some occasion I can make that my goal to make sure I earn that time off. Another great feature with this company is you may start one account and after 6 months if you feel that account is not for you, you can apply at other accounts. That is how I found the account that was for me.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Pay Ranges
It's pays the bills.
CSR (Customer Service Representative) (Current Employee) –  PeoriaSeptember 18, 2018
For the most part it's an okay job. I put my application in, had my interview, and was hired in 3 days. The job works okay with what I have going on. I work Monday-Friday off at 5pm with my weekends off. This is my first data entry job. I've learned a lot of patience working here. If you really want it there's a lot of room for advancement here. The hardest part about this job they do not work around personal matters that he have going on as far as kids and sickness that are spare of the moment. I like the diversity here. You'll see a little bit of every kind of person. I just wish they would pay us a little more.
Pros
Steady money, reliable schedule, 5 paid holidays, Health and Dental Insurance offered
Cons
Attendance Policy is really strict, Don't pay enough
Good company to work for
Medicare Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 17, 2018
They worked with me when I needed to downgrade to part time, and when I needed time off for my son's appointments. There weren't very many chances to progress in my department.
Short
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 10, 2018
My time with HGS was too minimal to offer accurate review due to company on project dropped out. There was a rumor that management mismanaged funds as well.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
pay was not great
Great place to start or jump start job search
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 9, 2018
This is a third party company. So there is no job security but the companies that they do represent are high end. You will learn and get experience here. It is very hard to advance here do to opening and closing of contracts.
Pros
Good place to start
Cons
No room for growth in career
slow
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 4, 2018
management is trash . could be handled way better , HR hardly does anything when you tell them your concerns. Supervisors don't care about you , just about their pay
Pros
you get paid
Cons
short lnhc, breask managemnet
September 14, 2018

Thank you for reaching out. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. We’re always looking for ways to provide an environment where our employees feel they’re valued, treated fairly and respected. Please provide further details by connecting with me directly @talk2us@teamhgs.com.

A decent place to work / a good place to reestablish work history
Customer Service Representative Inbound (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 1, 2018
There is constant changes & high turnover at HGS. The attendance policy changed for the second time since starting which gets depressing at times. I enjoy my job & am grateful that they hired me. Depends on the client you work for but wish the starting pay was hire as I am on the lower paying scale. There was a lot to learn in training & we received a long period of training.
We get paid by the minute but when you use PTO for an appointment its only used in hourly increments.
Holidays we are closed the only way you get paid for them is you have to work 4 -10 hour days that week & have to be on time the day after the holiday or you receive no holiday pay. Your schedules are determined by a department in India break & lunch schedules are always inconsistent. We had a food truck that we had to pay for our own meal but most everyone was late coming back from lunch due to the long line but it counted against you.
A lot of pressure is put on you for certification & keeping your call times & after call numbers low but have teammates always trying to giving good advice. Only issue is you get sloppy notes or no notes on an account. Whatever client you work on there is an up sale that you are required to do on each call even if it doesn't refer to the call. If you are not a multitasker this will be a hard job.
If you have to use the restroom before your breaks or lunch it counts against you unless you have a doctors note.I have awesome Team Leaders who want us to succeed & are helpful also understanding.
Like anywhere you have to watch your back. I don't think its wise too have
  more... family members working on the same client together.
I consider HGS the second chance company for some employees.
Once you start at HGS and they explain the No Cell Phone & No pens & paper policy you will understand completely.
We have whiteboards on our desk that you will need to buy dry erase markers.
Need to offer an employee wellness plan as most people sit all day.
Pros
Occasional Free lunches, movie nights, Postivity Wednesdays Encourging Team Leaders & Coworkers, Lockers to store your cell phone (you provide the padlock).
Cons
Constant changes of policies, Client expectations of staff, unneccessary upsales, inconsistent break/lunch schedules, holding your bladder until your break unless you have a doctor note, family members working on the same client, Needing to increase the time expectation for handle & wrap up times.
September 14, 2018

We're so sorry to hear this. Thank you for letting us know about your experience. Can you please reach out to us at Talk2Us@teamhgs.com so we can further discuss this matter? We look forward to hearing from you!

Want to know more about Hinduja Global Solutions?

Ask a question
Stressfull
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 30, 2018
Very stressful place to work. Managers are not trained on the account they are working for there for they have no idea what they are talking about. I started out liking the job but it just got worse and worse
Cons
No flex
September 14, 2018

Thank you for sharing your very valuable feedback. We want to learn more about your experience to improve the HGS experience for all our employees. Please provide further details by connecting with me directly @talk2us@teamhgs.com.

great place to work
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesAugust 30, 2018
great people to work with.
there is work life and balance
there are trainings provided to improve a person
they help people to improve and get to another positions
September 19, 2018

Hi! This feedback makes us proud of what we do. It's really not just about the job in HGS, it's about building a career with us and growing together. Thank you for recognizing our effort. We're humbled and will keep doing our best.

A Soul Sucking Banal Job
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 28, 2018
Don't. Just don't. If you value whatever humanity or compassion you have, don't apply there. The company does not care about you as a person. I worked there for eight years and the job itself, regardless of account, is enough to turn a sane person into a misanthropic sociopath. The pay is meager and not survivable. Do NOT apply for work there.
Pros
Cons
High stress, internal politics and drama, lack of advancement.
September 14, 2018

We are so sorry you feel this way. At HGS, we strive for a genuinely encouraging and supportive environment. Please contact us at Talk2Us@teamhgs.com to discuss this in more detail.

quiet workplace with many benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 27, 2018
At HGS it was great because they were very flexible with work schedules and had many options as to what area you would want to work. It was a very quiet and productive workplace on phones. The management team was very friendly and motivating, but I did have one manager that made a mistake with poor communication leading to my involuntary discharge. but overall it was a great workplace with great hours and employees. Although it could be very stressful negotiating with customers it also had its upsides. They always acknowledge when your improving and give you tips on a weekly basis on what you can do to achieve a higher set of goals.
Pros
flexible hours, friendly and motivational staff
August 31, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback! Glad to see that you enjoyed many aspects at HGS. We would love to hear more about your time at HGS. Please email me at talk2us@teamhgs.com

Terrible
Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 24, 2018
Honestly there is not too many things someone can say about the job except that it was the worst type of people working there. No one takes there job serious enough. The culture their is bad
August 31, 2018

We appreciate your feedback and are sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience during your time with HGS. I would love to gain some further insight regarding the points you mentioned. Please email me directly at Talk2us@teamhgs.com.

Harsh in the wrong ways.
Social Media Agent (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 22, 2018
If you're looking for job double standards, this is the workplace for you. The Constant change in policy for those on the floor will give you whiplash.

If you're working in one of the Social Media accounts it is very strict in terms of what you can do. They will likely assign you to a media account that has a large quota but nothing to respond to as all the posts are negative.

The workplace environment is silent. There's a stiffness. You are not allowed to use anything other than Pandora, Lunch breaks are 30 minutes while your other breaks are about 10 - 15 minutes.

No writing utensils, no wandering about your desk. If you do not meet the quota (Which is evaluated every 2 weeks) You are put on probation and will be terminated if you do not reach this quota.

What you can reply to is very limited. You will not reach your quota. if you are less than a second late from your breaks (Using the Bathroom, you walk slowly, etc) You will receive a warning. If you're up to three you're fired.

The Management does not abide by their own policies.

1.) No food of any type is allowed at the desk. The only acceptions being Hard Candy or Gum. (If you cannot eat hard candy or gum, well that's too bad. Fruit Snacks? nope. Trail Mix for those eating healthy? Nope.)

The Managers would walk in every day and each has a bag of Chipotle at their desks. Drinks with open tops are also not allowed.

2.) No writing utensils are allowed at the desks. At first, we were allowed whiteboards to break up the endless dealing with negative comments and to give our eyes a break from
  more... the computers.

That policy changed and no one heard about it until about a week later when I got reprimanded for it on the floor in front of my co-workers.

3.) No Cell-Phones on the floor. Every manager and team lead walked around with phones out of their pockets. On them, doing whatever they wished. Phones are prohibited on the floor and grounds for immediate termination. UNLESS you're a manager and can do whatever you want.

----

FAVORITISM is ALWAYS present. There are clear employees they like more for one reason or another so that they can slide with anything. Be it workplace related aggression or anything like that.

Managers will brush everything off to your team-leads no matter how severe the issue. If your team lead is not there (In which case mine was never present because HGS never has enough people to properly staff it.) Then you're SOL.

If you don't mind sitting, not talking to anyone, or having at the very least a choice of music you can enjoy, then you'll love working here. If you're fine with workplace favoritism with no room to push upwards despite putting your best foot forward, then this is the place for you.

Other than that you're valued as a dollar sign and a tag number. That is ALL you will be here.

- Notes of a former employee.
Pros
The chairs were slightly comfortable
Cons
Short Breaks, Hostile, Manager Favoritism

Stressfull, Unorganized Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El paso, TXAugust 21, 2018
HGS only sees you as a Dollar Sign. They don’t care whether your happy or not. managament is all over the place, Always losing managers and employes. They dont care how urgent u Need to use the restroom they will penalize u. HR is never there, and she doesn’t help much when she is. They only offer Full time unless u threaten to leave they start offering part time or to work with your schedule however you’d like. Worst restrooms ive ever seen.
Cons
Everything, short lunch, smelly bathrooms

too over croweded
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 20, 2018
This company is was overall very good in training their agents however once you hit the production floor the floor support spend little time helping agents instead they would be speaking with each other and be huddled in the corner and watching you from a distance. Very unprofessional.
Pros
clean call center
Cons
overcrowded
August 31, 2018

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. We certainly do not want any of our employees to feel undervalued and we do our best to address issues that are brought to us while working to make things better. Please write to me directly at talk2us@teamhgs.com

Upper management is TERRIBLE
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 13, 2018
I was duped by HR when I had a relapse (I have a disability) and couldn't go to work on certain days because I felt so sick. I had an ADA approval by HR and then they put me on a 30 day LOA with no pay so I could get better. Bottom line; HGS does not care about their employees well being. They want machines that will just sit there all day long being micromanaged without any complaints, or else they'll fire you. I know this for a fact cause they did it to a coworker of mine.
August 31, 2018

We are sorry to hear that your HGS experience was not the perfect fit for you. We take your feedback seriously and we would like to discuss your views further so that we may be able to address the issues that you raise. Please email me directly at talk2us@teamhgs.com to further the two-way conversation.

Socializing with other persons from different culture was great
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  kingston,jaAugust 11, 2018
Working at this institution was a stepping stone for me. This institution has helped me in developing a discipline known as patience and tolerance. These two disciplines that made me the work driven individual i am today.
August 29, 2018

We can't thank you enough for your kind review! We wish you all the success now and always:)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hinduja Global Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight