Hinduja Global Solutions Employee Reviews

Found 576 reviews matching the search See all 3,552 reviews
Innovative Flourishing Global Company
Human Resources Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 20, 2018
• Great workplace culture and atmosphere

• New remodeled call floor and break room areas

• Great management team and training from the top down as well as new staff helping give new ideas to the management

• Great communication between team members

• Great communication and problem solution via multiple call center locations globally

• Hosts lots of events like career fairs and food trucks and has different team building events like company potlucks

• Hardest part of the job is dealing with a load of new applicants and making each other and is screened, interviewed and assesed
Pros
Food Trucks, growth opportunities, potlucks, work events, great team members, collaboratively innovating
Cons
Having to implement a new computer system and deal with setbacks
October 2, 2018

Thanks for the review! Glad to hear that you enjoyed many aspects at HGS. Best of luck in the future. :)

Good environment, but stressful.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 5, 2018
The overall work environment and management at HGS is very good. Team Leads are fair and supportive, and depending your account, the metrics are very feasible. Keep in mind, it is still a call center job, and that you will be dealing with irate, rude, and downright mean callers. I really only recommend HGS because it is a good place to work, the callers themselves will still drain you.
Pros
Fair management, bi-yearly raises, clean facilities
Cons
Short breaks and lunches, people that call into call centers are never the brightest nor nicest, it's a call center
November 27, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. We truly believe that our employees are our greatest asset, and we are always looking at ways to help our team to develop, learn and grow. We wish you success now and always:)

Was an okay desk job.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJanuary 2, 2019
It was a typical office job, and you learned as much as you want to in all honesty. management was alright and good to work with for time off and what you needed from them. The culture was an office like setting, but if you enjoy sitting and answering calls all day, then this is a good job for you. Hardest part for me was sitting down the whole time, because I couldn't do it the whole time. The enjoyable part was being able to help the users with problems they were having.
Benefits
Cons
Sitting down for hours
Good place to work for a paycheck... if you do your work right advancements are possible
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 29, 2018
Depending on the client service you are on just depend on the schedule you will have available. Clients are amazing. Attendance policy they are currently working on some changes. It is a job and could be a career if you do your job right unlimited advancements are available. Great management training class. It's much like any job, if you show up do your work then you will go places. If you are always calling in and always complaining about working then its going to be what you make it.
Pros
paid breaks and unpaid lunches. occasional free lunches
Cons
working on attendance policy. some upper management issues
October 20, 2018

Wow, you're definitely an inspiration to everyone at HGS! We appreciate you sharing your honest review. We are always striving to develop the members of our team and we want our people to learn and grow together. Best of luck for the future and thank you for sharing your talents with HGS!

An amazing organization with a great deal of internal growth and outstanding benefits!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 11, 2018
There is so much room for advancement within HGS in all functional areas. Leadership is always open to ideas and suggestions for improved processes. Leadership promotes a healthy work life balance, and the benefits are far superior than many organizations.
Pros
Superior benefits package
October 20, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are focused on offering the very best support to our employees in a relaxed and engaging environment. We try to encourage creativity and provide opportunities to learn and grow. We wish you all the best for your future:)

Poor poeople management by the HR, low compensations!?
Clinical Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  National Capital RegionDecember 25, 2018
The actual work is more relaxed than other BPO centers. However, there is a lack of people management. The frontliners receive less than the standard in the industry with less benefits and incentives are becoming unreachable due to the very high standards set. There is a significant loss of tenured associates due to management issues that are not resolved or not given attention
A Soul Sucking Banal Job
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 28, 2018
Don't. Just don't. If you value whatever humanity or compassion you have, don't apply there. The company does not care about you as a person. I worked there for eight years and the job itself, regardless of account, is enough to turn a sane person into a misanthropic sociopath. The pay is meager and not survivable. Do NOT apply for work there.
Pros
Cons
High stress, internal politics and drama, lack of advancement.
September 14, 2018

We are so sorry you feel this way. At HGS, we strive for a genuinely encouraging and supportive environment. Please contact us at Talk2Us@teamhgs.com to discuss this in more detail.

OK place to be work
Team Lead Operator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 15, 2018
They were OK but follow through with advancement training and work to family ratio is not great. You should get greater compensation fur the amount of work management is expected to do.
October 20, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're sorry to hear you were disappointed about some of your experiences. We value and consider all feedback and we'll continue to find ways to improve. Please feel free to email us any time with your feedback at Talk2Us@teamhgs.com.

Fast paced, had ping pong table
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 27, 2018
I really enjoyed helping my customers out with their billing needs, gave me a sense of accomplishment

I learned to be patient and not to take things serious, customers are not mad at you, but the situation.

Management was good, I could ask questions if I didnt understand something and not feel embarrassed or nervous.

Workplace culture was good

Hardest part of the job was back to back calls, sometimes you dont have a chance to breathe.

The most enjoyable part is the learning experience I received from my supervisor and my peers, We all helped each other out. I felt like we were a team
Pros
meet new people
Cons
lunch room was tooo small, needs more space
July 16, 2018

Thank you so much for the review! We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. All the best!

Customer assistance with technical or warranty support
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 21, 2018
Management did little to improve performance of employees.
Assisted customer with warranty and technical support on products.
Very little down time between calls to complete duties assigned to complete while on the phone.
Stats were asked to be met that did not go towards our reviews and were expected to be maintained without compensation.
Training was extensive and continued to be trained for positions that would not be compensated for completing.
Pros
Attendance policy was changed frequently/ reset
Cons
Poor pay and terrible management
July 31, 2018

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. We certainly do not want any of our employees to feel undervalued and we do our best to address issues that are brought to us while working to make things better. Please write to me directly at talk2us@teamhgs.com

Good for a career
Customer service represenative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 8, 2018
I liked Hgs because they were fair, had a great environment, always helped you to advance. Bosses always helped you in your week areas. There wasn't vacation or sick days but you build up your own PTO over time.
Pros
Health insurance, raises, PTO. The environment
Cons
Nothing really unless you were having a stressful day

It's pays the bills.
CSR (Customer Service Representative) (Current Employee) –  PeoriaSeptember 18, 2018
For the most part it's an okay job. I put my application in, had my interview, and was hired in 3 days. The job works okay with what I have going on. I work Monday-Friday off at 5pm with my weekends off. This is my first data entry job. I've learned a lot of patience working here. If you really want it there's a lot of room for advancement here. The hardest part about this job they do not work around personal matters that he have going on as far as kids and sickness that are spare of the moment. I like the diversity here. You'll see a little bit of every kind of person. I just wish they would pay us a little more.
Pros
Steady money, reliable schedule, 5 paid holidays, Health and Dental Insurance offered
Cons
Attendance Policy is really strict, Don't pay enough
September 27, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your interview and work life experience with us. We're sorry to hear you were disappointed about some of your experiences. We value and consider all feedback and we'll continue to find ways to improve. Please feel free to email us any time with your feedback at Talk2Us@teamhgs.com.

It' just not for me.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 31, 2018
Management seems to be lazy and confused. Everyone wants to be in charge. There are a lot of young, immature people here and some in management feed into their silliness. It's a new company in and Jacksonville and I hope they're successful, but I can't see myself staying longer than 6 month. Training is the pits and management (the client) expects you to perform like you've been doing this job as long as they have and they have no people skills. Talks to employees like we are children. Again....................it's just not for me.
Pros
Haven't found any yet.
Cons
Insurance is super high for single coverage
Good pay
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 3, 2018
They are really big on favoritism at this business. I wouldn't recommend this job to my worst enemy. The benefits are the worst and so is the management.
November 27, 2018

We are sorry to hear that your HGS experience was not the perfect fit for you. We are focused on offering the very best support to our employees. At the same time, we take your feedback seriously and we would like to discuss your views further so that we may be able to address the issues that you raise. Please email me at talk2us@teamhgs.com to further the two-way conversation.

quiet workplace with many benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 27, 2018
At HGS it was great because they were very flexible with work schedules and had many options as to what area you would want to work. It was a very quiet and productive workplace on phones. The management team was very friendly and motivating, but I did have one manager that made a mistake with poor communication leading to my involuntary discharge. but overall it was a great workplace with great hours and employees. Although it could be very stressful negotiating with customers it also had its upsides. They always acknowledge when your improving and give you tips on a weekly basis on what you can do to achieve a higher set of goals.
Pros
flexible hours, friendly and motivational staff
August 31, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback! Glad to see that you enjoyed many aspects at HGS. We would love to hear more about your time at HGS. Please email me at talk2us@teamhgs.com

Great place to work but job security is an issue
Project Manager / Team Leader, Operations (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 11, 2018
I started at HGS as a customer service representative. Worked at that level for a year and was promoted to a Team Leader / Manager. I worked as a Team Lead for 4 years.

I loved my job there. My operations manager was great and my fellow managers and employees were the best.

I was laid off as part of a large layoff (20 managers or so) and required to sign a contract as part of my severance that stated I would not be able to reapply or ever work there in the future.
Pros
Great training and culture as well as account specific perks.
Cons
Layoff process and severence policy of no rehire
August 31, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Good to hear that you enjoyed learning and growing with HGS. At the same time, we understand your concern. Please provide further details by connecting with me directly at talk2us@teamhgs.com.

Former Employee
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 13, 2018
I worked there for over 9 years. In that time I capped out at the max of 11.50 an hour for CSR's. You get a "bonus" each year after you are capped out, but it doesn't compound, so basically if you were to receive for instance a .50 cent raise at another job, then a year later you get another .50 cents that's compounding. Not HGS. If you meet all of your yearly requirements you may get 200 or 240 a year total, lets say you were lucky enough to get a 300 dollar bonus. It averages about .25 cents an hour. Unless you expect to kiss up to your team lead, 9 times out of 10 you will be stuck as a representative unless you're friends or related to someone who is in the upper management. My last account I was on, I had to train my supervisor to know how to do my job. I applied for positions to move up multiple times throughout my tenure and was always given the excuse that I didn't have enough experience. The only way to get the experience was for your bosses to let you off of the phone to do extra stuff, and if you're actually good at your job or you don't suck up to them; that won't happen. If you have a decent client, thats great, but most of the time the good clients are on the accounts that the callers just suck. If you have a decent account where the caller's aren't jerks, then typically the clients are unrealistic. If you do luck out and get promoted, depending on the account, the clients can take your job away overnight. There is an account where if the client doesn't like you, you get no notice, your team gets no notice. HGS just finds you a new position within the company on  more... a different account. Management doesn't know what they're doing half of the time, especially if they have to scramble because they were moved. I went through at least 7 team leaders on the account I was on in about 2 years because client had unrealistic expectations of what they were wanting, or they didn't like that the team leader stood up to them with their expectations. Even the account coordinator doesn't have job security on certain accounts  less
Pros
Great health/vision/dental benefits, paid vacation, half hour lunch, 15 minute breaks
Cons
unrealistic expectations, unable to advance, callers rude, expendable; no job security.
October 20, 2018

Thanks for letting us know about your experience at HGS. We understand your concern. Please email me directly at talk2us@teamhgs.com to further the two-way conversation.

My client is Cigna Dental, they are great to work with
Dental and Healthcare Associate (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 5, 2018
HGS has been a very good company to work for. They are very fair. When I move, I will miss working with dental providers. I gave the providers dental breakdowns for their Cigna patients, went over their claims and reprocessed them, if necessary. The hardest part was the routing of the incoming calls, the next call would come in at the same time you were ending your current call. It's a very diverse work culture
November 27, 2018

Hi, thank you for your review. It is always nice to hear from our former and current employees about the positive experiences they have had with us. We try to be an engaging employer by creating a positive work environment. Best of luck for the future and thank you for sharing your talents with HGS.

Good Place To Work
State Licensed Insurance Agent / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 23, 2018
40 Hours a week.
Weekends off.
Full Benefits.
Pay Increases.
Great work culture.
Excellent and knowledgeable management always willing to help by answering questions.
Pros
Employee Appreciation Week
Cons
Short Breaks
June 14, 2018

Hi, thank you so much for the awesome review! Glad to hear we hit the mark for you. We wish you all the best for your future employment :)

laid back environment
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MONovember 16, 2018
I really enjoyed working with the company. The management was really laid back and made it easy to do the job assigned. I would definitly work for the company again. I was on an assignment.I do look forward to future projects with their company.
November 27, 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hinduja Global Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K
41.1K

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Hinduja Global Solutions.

Powered by Comparably