Hinduja Global Solutions Employee Reviews

Found 563 reviews matching the search See all 3,382 reviews
Overall a lot of inconsistencies
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TX 79907November 13, 2018
Hgs gave me opportunity to learn and grow, however there is a lot of inconsistency it’s a working progress we have some management that does try and make it a better place.
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 13, 2018
HGS was a enjoyable place to work at and had a lot of learning opportunities. Management was always willing to help insure every employees success and were always very welcoming to every new employee.
Great Environment
Agent (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 13, 2018
I love the people I work with, there are so many smiles everywhere. No matter where I am, someone is saying "hello", that makes working here enjoyable for me!
Good for a career
Customer service represenative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 8, 2018
I liked Hgs because they were fair, had a great environment, always helped you to advance. Bosses always helped you in your week areas. There wasn't vacation or sick days but you build up your own PTO over time.
Pros
Health insurance, raises, PTO. The environment
Cons
Nothing really unless you were having a stressful day
My client is Cigna Dental, they are great to work with
Dental and Healthcare Associate (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 5, 2018
HGS has been a very good company to work for. They are very fair. When I move, I will miss working with dental providers. I gave the providers dental breakdowns for their Cigna patients, went over their claims and reprocessed them, if necessary. The hardest part was the routing of the incoming calls, the next call would come in at the same time you were ending your current call. It's a very diverse work culture
Good environment, but stressful.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 5, 2018
The overall work environment and management at HGS is very good. Team Leads are fair and supportive, and depending your account, the metrics are very feasible. Keep in mind, it is still a call center job, and that you will be dealing with irate, rude, and downright mean callers. I really only recommend HGS because it is a good place to work, the callers themselves will still drain you.
Pros
Fair management, bi-yearly raises, clean facilities
Cons
Short breaks and lunches, people that call into call centers are never the brightest nor nicest, it's a call center
Good pay
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 3, 2018
They are really big on favoritism at this business. I wouldn't recommend this job to my worst enemy. The benefits are the worst and so is the management.
OK place to be work
Team Lead Operator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 15, 2018
They were OK but follow through with advancement training and work to family ratio is not great. You should get greater compensation fur the amount of work management is expected to do.
October 20, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're sorry to hear you were disappointed about some of your experiences. We value and consider all feedback and we'll continue to find ways to improve. Please feel free to email us any time with your feedback at Talk2Us@teamhgs.com.

Former Employee
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 13, 2018
I worked there for over 9 years. In that time I capped out at the max of 11.50 an hour for CSR's. You get a "bonus" each year after you are capped out, but it doesn't compound, so basically if you were to receive for instance a .50 cent raise at another job, then a year later you get another .50 cents that's compounding. Not HGS. If you meet all of your yearly requirements you may get 200 or 240 a year total, lets say you were lucky enough to get a 300 dollar bonus. It averages about .25 cents an hour. Unless you expect to kiss up to your team lead, 9 times out of 10 you will be stuck as a representative unless you're friends or related to someone who is in the upper management. My last account I was on, I had to train my supervisor to know how to do my job. I applied for positions to move up multiple times throughout my tenure and was always given the excuse that I didn't have enough experience. The only way to get the experience was for your bosses to let you off of the phone to do extra stuff, and if you're actually good at your job or you don't suck up to them; that won't happen. If you have a decent client, thats great, but most of the time the good clients are on the accounts that the callers just suck. If you have a decent account where the caller's aren't jerks, then typically the clients are unrealistic. If you do luck out and get promoted, depending on the account, the clients can take your job away overnight. There is an account where if the client doesn't like you, you get no notice, your team gets no notice. HGS just finds you a new position within the company on  more... a different account. Management doesn't know what they're doing half of the time, especially if they have to scramble because they were moved. I went through at least 7 team leaders on the account I was on in about 2 years because client had unrealistic expectations of what they were wanting, or they didn't like that the team leader stood up to them with their expectations. Even the account coordinator doesn't have job security on certain accounts  less
Pros
Great health/vision/dental benefits, paid vacation, half hour lunch, 15 minute breaks
Cons
unrealistic expectations, unable to advance, callers rude, expendable; no job security.
October 20, 2018

Thanks for letting us know about your experience at HGS. We understand your concern. Please email me directly at talk2us@teamhgs.com to further the two-way conversation.

An amazing organization with a great deal of internal growth and outstanding benefits!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 11, 2018
There is so much room for advancement within HGS in all functional areas. Leadership is always open to ideas and suggestions for improved processes. Leadership promotes a healthy work life balance, and the benefits are far superior than many organizations.
Pros
Superior benefits package
October 20, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are focused on offering the very best support to our employees in a relaxed and engaging environment. We try to encourage creativity and provide opportunities to learn and grow. We wish you all the best for your future:)

India Based Company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 10, 2018
This a call center for 10 different accounts. I currently work for the RJ Reynold's account. I take inbound calls from adult tobacco consumers regarding cigarettes. The consumers issues can vary from having difficulties logging into one of our branded web sites to having product quality issues with our cigarettes. I have been working for this account for over a year and I love my co-workers. I take inbound calls, mentor new hires, temp supervisor and cover social media for all our branded cigarettes. The company itself is based out of India. There is a high turn around rate at this company. You get 6 sick days in 6 month period. On the 7th absence you are terminated. Basically, come in on time everyday and bring your customer service voice.
October 20, 2018

Hi, thank you for your feedback. We're definitely proud of professionals like you that learned a lot and built their career in HGS! We wish you all the best!

Unorganized/Poor Managment
Data Entry Clerk, HGS (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 7, 2018
The mangers there are only worried about themselves and the workers that benefit or ones that have personal connections with them. Don't bother asking for help because no matter what happens it's apparently out of their hands and actually ran by the people in India who also have no idea what they are doing.
Pros
30 min lunch+2 15 min breaks. Smoking area. Food Catering.
Cons
Unrealistic expectations. No improvement.
October 20, 2018

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. We certainly do not want any of our employees to feel undervalued and we do our best to address issues that are brought to us while working to make things better. Please write to me directly at talk2us@teamhgs.com

not a fun place to work upper management cared nothing about the employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 5, 2018
You are told when you hire in we have a flexible schedule to fit your school etc. but once your hired and you say you need time off your told you were told when you hired in that you have to be flexible.
Pros
Cons
work your scheduled shift everyday without fail and there is no problem life does not go like that.
October 20, 2018

We are sorry to hear that your HGS experience was not the perfect fit for you. We are focused on offering the very best support to our employees. At the same time, we take your feedback seriously and we would like to discuss your views further so that we may be able to address the issues that you raise. Please email me at talk2us@teamhgs.com to further the two-way conversation.

good place to work for.
Lead Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GAOctober 1, 2018
I have enjoyed myself working at HGS. it gave me an opportunity to grow but there is no certainty in the position or job itself. good people to work with.
Pros
opportunity to grow in the company
Cons
uncertainty in job security, less pay
October 20, 2018

We can't thank you enough for your kind review! Glad to hear that you enjoyed learning and growing with HGS. We wish you all the best.

Good place to work for a paycheck... if you do your work right advancements are possible
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 29, 2018
Depending on the client service you are on just depend on the schedule you will have available. Clients are amazing. Attendance policy they are currently working on some changes. It is a job and could be a career if you do your job right unlimited advancements are available. Great management training class. It's much like any job, if you show up do your work then you will go places. If you are always calling in and always complaining about working then its going to be what you make it.
Pros
paid breaks and unpaid lunches. occasional free lunches
Cons
working on attendance policy. some upper management issues
October 20, 2018

Wow, you're definitely an inspiration to everyone at HGS! We appreciate you sharing your honest review. We are always striving to develop the members of our team and we want our people to learn and grow together. Best of luck for the future and thank you for sharing your talents with HGS!

Fun and productive at first
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 27, 2018
When I started I looked forward to moving up and becoming manager myself. When I finally got out of training I realized my manager didn’t care about helping us move up and made it hard to pick our schedules and set up meetings with her. I wish management could do a better job.
Cons
Short lunches

fast paced, serious
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 23, 2018
i like the fast paced environment. Working for this company really gives you a different outlook in life. It has helped me understand how important it is to always work as a team.
October 2, 2018

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. It is always nice to hear from our employees about their positive experiences. We are always striving to develop the members of our team and we want our people to learn and grow together. Best of luck for the future and thank you for sharing your talents with HGS!

Innovative Flourishing Global Company
Human Resources Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 20, 2018
• Great workplace culture and atmosphere

• New remodeled call floor and break room areas

• Great management team and training from the top down as well as new staff helping give new ideas to the management

• Great communication between team members

• Great communication and problem solution via multiple call center locations globally

• Hosts lots of events like career fairs and food trucks and has different team building events like company potlucks

• Hardest part of the job is dealing with a load of new applicants and making each other and is screened, interviewed and assesed
Pros
Food Trucks, growth opportunities, potlucks, work events, great team members, collaboratively innovating
Cons
Having to implement a new computer system and deal with setbacks
October 2, 2018

Thanks for the review! Glad to hear that you enjoyed many aspects at HGS. Best of luck in the future. :)

What GREAT Colleagues at HGS!
Recruitment (Current Employee) –  Peoria, Illinois USASeptember 20, 2018
I love coming to work! Everyone that I meet at HGS is fun, friendly, and so helpful! We are always having fun events and theme days that keeps everyone’s morale up! I highly recommend working here!!!
Pros
Tuition Reimbursement!, Great Health Insurance!, Fun events throughout the week., I’ve made new friends
Cons
Not enough notice for some of the employee events

Great Work Environment
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 20, 2018
Great camaraderie; easy to make friends and socialize. Everyone I work with is amazing. The work is challenging, ongoing opportunity to learn and develop.
Pros
casual, fun work environment
September 27, 2018

We can't thank you enough for your kind review! Glad to hear that you enjoyed learning and growth with HGS. We wish you all the best.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hinduja Global Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K
41K

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight