Hinduja Global Solutions

Hinduja Global Solutions insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness

It's not for everyone

There's a lot of calls and a lot of things to do and keep track of. If you're good at multitasking you'll be great. Some days are worse than others, but i have been with the company a little over a year now and have had no really bad experiences. It's well paying for a call center and there is always OT.

December 20, 2021
Hi! We appreciate this feedback. Thank you for sharing your HGS experience and being part of OneHGS.

Met some great coworkers and people there that I likely wouldn’t have outside of the company.

I worked there for a little over 2 years. Very hard to move up & it can get repetitive, but it’s easy work. I took calls, emails, and chats. They were fairly quick to respond to covid-19, and eventually had us working from home, which was great both 1) as an autoimmune compromised person and 2) it saved me gas money and mileage. I actually preferred working from home. Customers can be brutal to deal with; company doesn’t care about verbal abuse towards reps. We have to give them warnings before disconnecting even if they are being vulgar, blatantly racist/sexist, etc. I had about 4 different team leads in my time there, and one was horrible to deal with- but she moved up to a different part of the company. The others were great.

Pros

30 minute lunch breaks, had some opportunities to work overtime/weekends/nights for extra pay

Cons

Upper management, little room for growth, expected to answer calls until the queue is clear regardless if you need to leave on time or earlier

June 9, 2021
Thank you for your feedback, although we would have to say that the Call Centre environment was not for you. All through the interview process, we are focused on the realistic job expectation and preview at every stage. We are focused on offering the very best support to our thousands of North American employees and our clients who have been overwhelmed in the way we have been able to cope, adapt and prosper through this pandemic year. We are extremely proud of our employees, and while we accept there are many challenges in moving to a work@home environment, our team has embraced this change to keep everyone gainfully employed. We will share your experience with the local teams to understand what we could have done to improve. Good luck in your future career.

Work from home

Nice to work from home saves alot of money. Can be very fast paced and times and times it slows down. Team leaders are always available to answer questions and are very helpful.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Short lunch

June 9, 2021
Thank you so much for the review! We love hearing about the positive work environment and the support you received from your team members/leadership during your time working at HGS USA. We are always striving to develop the members of our team and increase their client and systems knowledge. We want our people to learn and grow together. Thank you for being a part of Team HGS.

Long live the company! (Humans need not apply)

A typical day at work is used holding your bladder, as even at home unless you work on the toilet they will dock your pay for missing 45 seconds on the phone by 15 minutes. Corporate memo: "Dedicated employees use catheters, failure to comply will result in a write-up". This job has taught me that there is no underhanded trick too low for the corporate world. Another memo from corporate: "Due to our revolving door of human numbers, we will require you to work 8 more hours this week, also we will find a way to dock your pay by 8 hours" Please review our convenient pay app (that we wholly control and manipulate on whim). Management at HGS consists wholly of uneducated drones who will do the bidding of their corporate masters regardless of how inhumane it might seem. Workplace culture is getting the most productivity without regard for morale, and without incentive. The hardest part of the job is realizing there is no god, and you are a slave forever. The most enjoyable part of the job is realizing you have 8 hours to sleep before you have to go back to this nightmare of a workplace.

Pros

A point system!

June 10, 2021

The company HGS is great but the company I was contracted for working through them is HORRIBLE

The company HGS itself is great but the company I was servicing for HGS is horrible they do not pay their agents what they're worth they tell you that it's room to move up in the company and that's not true as soon as you attempt to get a better position they hold you back there's a lot more that I could say but it's not worth it just do your research when applying for this company if they're hiring for Aetna run

Pros

Working from home

Cons

Everything else

May 31, 2021
Thank you for your review. We always appreciate hearing the experiences our former and current employees have had with us. As you mention, we are very proud of our inclusivity, which typifies our global organization. HGS USA is always striving to offer our employees ways to future-proof their careers with life-long transferable skills. 90% of our leaders started their careers as Customer Service Agents. Thank you for being part of OneHGS.

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

unsupportive teams and management

difficult workday, little learning, poor management, a non-supportive and non-listening work culture, unsupportive management, colleagues supporting each other.

Pros

reasonable hours gauranteed weekly

Cons

no room for tardy or flexibility of shift

May 31, 2021
Hi, thank you for your feedback. Our hiring process is very robust, open, and honest to set the job expectations to be very realistic. Having said that, during these uncertain times, we are proud to offer stable full-time, safe, work-from-home positions coupled with excellent health benefits and paid training. We are proud of our industry-leading training that offers our new employees multiple ways to develop, learn, grow, and progress. Our training is second to none and sets our agents up for a life of opportunities with future-proof and transferable skills. We wish you success now and always.

Great job to have but easy to lose a sense of that

It really is a great job but there are some things that can get you down that can make you forget that. I suggest working here 100% though as long as you always remind yourself that no matter what the pay is decent, the benefits are good, and management is better than a majority of places.

May 31, 2021
We appreciate your valuable feedback! It is always nice to hear from our former and current employees about the experiences they have had with us. As you mention, we are very proud of our inclusivity, which typifies our global organization. HGS USA is always striving to offer our employees ways to future-proof their careers with life-long transferable skills. We wish you success now and always.

Good benefits, opportunities for advancement

Worked here two years, the pay wasnt great but there were opportunities for overtime. I had good hours and good benefits, management was reachable, I have no complaints!

Pros

Paid vacation and heath insurance

Cons

Call center customer service is not easy

May 31, 2021
Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear that you are having a great experience at HGS. As you mention, we are very proud of our inclusivity, which typifies our global organization. We do understand that the Call Centre industry is quite unique, so our interview process and realistic job previews are robust and honest. Thank you for being part of Team HGS.

Don't Work Here

Shorted two paychecks. Gave me a Christmas bonus by “accident.” Told me I had to pay it back and so took my other bonuses away. By the way my Christmas bonus was $156!!! Training is horrifying. They want the company to have a perfect 10 or you getting a coaching for a “detractor” which results in hurting bonuses. Constant emails and coachings. And yet they won't even pay you a fair wage for all your stress.

Pros

Cons

Just don't work here

May 24, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. We are focused on offering the very best support to our employees. We take your feedback very seriously and are working on ways to improve the HGS experience for all of our employees. Please connect with us at talk2us@teamhgs.com if you would like to speak further about your concerns.

Strict procedures see below,

Organized, I dont have any more to say, I was temporary. I only worked there for less than three months. They did have quick training to help you get going in your position

May 24, 2021
We appreciate your review. It is always nice to hear from our former and current employees about the experiences they have had with us. We are very proud of our industry-leading training that sets our agents up for a life of opportunities with future-proof and transferable skills. We want our people to learn and grow together. Thank you for being a part of Team HGS.

Great Opportunity

New position, do not yet have a typical day. Great start with helpful, caring staff. Looking forward to learning more about the company and their mission.

May 24, 2021
Thank you for your kind words! They help others understand the good and not-so with companies, and roles within the call centre industry. We really appreciate former and current employees about the positive experiences they have had with us. As you mention, we are very proud of our inclusivity, which typifies our global organization. HGS USA is always striving to offer our employees ways to future-proof their careers with life-long transferable skills. Thank you for being part of OneHGS.

What is customer service without communication?

There is a complete lack of communication amongst colleagues. How is your business customer service, but can't speak to your coworkers? And you can forget an open door policy. P.S. Keep up with your time because they play games with the payroll.

Pros

Later back most of the time, they provide equipment.

Cons

Ill prepared training, inconsistent communication, and very sneaky

Hate it!!!

They don’t know the definition of pandemic. Schools and daycares were shut down and they expected for you to keep your child quiet or close the doors with no child supervision. We were told that during training the kids were fine but once we started talking calls we had to find somewhere for the kids to go. Again we are in a pandemic!!!! Where are they suppose to go?????????? Also the pay is not worth the work load or the stress. If you work at night be prepared to not get any help if needed

An absolute mess

Training was unfortunate, throughout a 6 week training nothing of use was taught. HR is impossible to get ahold of. No one knows what's going on and you still get in trouble for not knowing what's going on. I would not recommend. Call centers are stressful enough without the cluelessness of superiors.

Pros

Honestly nothing

Cons

Incompetent training and leadership to meet job requirements

May 24, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. We are very proud of our industry-leading training that sets our agents up for a life of opportunities with future-proof and transferable skills. We are focused on offering the very best support to our employees, so we are disappointed to hear about your experience. We would like to continue this conversation with you to help us improve, and for this reason, your feedback is extremely important. Please connect with us at talk2us@teamhgs.com if you’d like to speak further about your concerns.

Decent

Typical corporate call center job. Wouldn’t advise for or against it. Would take a temp position there again if they were still working with health insurance open enrollment

May 10, 2021
We appreciate your review. It is always nice to hear from our former and current employees about the experiences they have had with us. HGS USA is always striving to develop the members of our team and increase their client and systems knowledge. We want our people to learn and grow together. Thank you for being a part of Team HGS.

There is no Payroll Dept.

It's alright but for the amount of companies I take calls for, the pay is not so good. Better off working for Spectrum and taking calls for one client and getting paid more.

May 10, 2021
Hi, thank you for sharing your feedback. It is always nice to hear from our former and current employees about the experiences they have had with us. It helps us to improve with valuable feedback. Dealing with all sorts of inquiries across all our different clients can sometimes be challenging, but we are always striving to offer our employees ways to future-proof their careers with life-long transferable skills. Thank you for being part of OneHGS.

Terrible management

Training wasn’t deep enough to get a concept. The supervisors are horrible and only care about call volume not employees. They don’t communicate well

May 3, 2021

Repeteitive work

Sorry supervisors and managers. No growth. not enough pay for the work. If you need work to get a check only this is the place for you. Benefits after 90 days. .

Pros

you get paid

Cons

nothing

May 10, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. At HGS USA, we strive to help our employees increase their skill sets and be promoted from within. That being said, your feedback has been heard and will be brought to the appropriate departments. Thank you for being a part of Team HGS.

Great organizational culture and benefits

Hinduja creates a working environment that provides ample work life balance and flexibility. Peers are supportive and dedicated to their roles, integrate new team members well and function great as a team. Management has an open door policy, true to it's phrase and interactions between management and team members are fun filled and encouraged.

Pros

Awesome meal benefits

April 23, 2021
Thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are elated that you loved your experience! We put customer/staff experience and satisfaction is our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Again, thank you for your kind words!

Love this company

I loved working for HGS wonderful management and team that I worked with as well as many of opportunities for growth I would go back to them in a heart beat

Pros

Great management

April 28, 2021
Hi, thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback. We are aware that sometimes review sites sometimes highlight different views of a position, but we really appreciate your comments. Feedback from our current employees is both insightful and great for potential applicants looking for a career with us. We are very proud of our culture and inclusivity, which typifies our global organization. HGS USA is always striving to develop the members of our team and increase their client and systems knowledge. We want our people to learn and grow together. Thank you for sharing your talents with HGS USA.

Favoritism

I love what I do, I am passionate about helping others and completing tasks. However, being promoted is difficult, if you aren't a favorite or have a relationship with management outside of work. Upper management only believes other management, even when the proof is in their face.

Pros

Longer lunches and convenient work schedule

Cons

Untrustworthy management

April 28, 2021

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hinduja Global Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.9K
1.5K

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Hinduja Global Solutions.
Powered byComparably

Compare Hinduja Global Solutions with

• Hinduja Global Solutions
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?