Hines Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Awesome place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2018
During my tenure with Hines, I learned how to listen effectively and deliver exceptional customer service. I worked with a group of professional people that all came together for the common goal of servicing the owner of the property and our tenant base.
Pros
Benefits, nice work environment, complimentary beverages
Cons
Commute into Buckhead
Good place for career
Lead Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 26, 2018
Good company to work for. Very willing and ready to train the right people. Hours are great and they create a great work encroaching. Very family oriented.
Team
Lead Building Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 14, 2018
I worked at the Ravinia's which are located in Dunwoody GA, this site houses the top brass of the Southeast region which all are friendly, there were no big I's and little you's we were one big team.
It was a good place to work, but the managers are lazy.
Roustabout/Weedeating/Forklift (Former Employee) –  George West, TXMarch 12, 2018
It was a good place to work, but the managers are lazy. I loved that they provided company vehicles. Business was slow. They were in the process of being sued.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Provided company vehicle
Productive. Inspiring. Motivating
Advance Medical Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hines, ILJanuary 20, 2018
Great to work for and gain experience. Continuous training and learning. Able to move up or across the career ladder. Offer reimbursements for school. Encourage further education.
A positive workplace
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 13, 2017
Generally the day to day at Hines involved the occaisional politics of the office, but for the most part, everone works hard and tries to help support the team.
Great company to work for
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 12, 2017
Miscellaneous work items in a 20 story building.
Learned billing and ordering processes.
Managed and trained several employees on building operations
Office and tenant satisfaction
Hardest part was being on call for the job 24/7...365.
Knowing I did a well done job.
This was a Maternithy Leave Cover
Executive Assistant to Head of RD&IT (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAAugust 10, 2017
I was not there long enough to make too much of a judgement. My manager and coworkers were very nice and very helpful. I would recommend this work place. I did not like the long commute that I had.
Great work environments with good management and positive work place.
BOMA CERTIFIED ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, CAAugust 8, 2017
Hines is a great employer to work for. Had many challenges as the building operating engineer, but with great support and collaborative thinking from management.
Hines is a 21st century company
Information Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 12, 2017
Hines is a company which cares about its employees and their work life balance.Managers tend to be very in tune to the needs of each employee while getting maximum productivity from their employees.
Pros
Great snack room!
Cons
Long commute
A memorable military transition to the civilian world
Operations Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 7, 2016
The transition back into the civilian world after 21 years of active duty naval service was met with great enthusiasm as a member of the Hine's Team.

After two and and a half years in the industry and a promotion within the first two, Hines at Chase Tower Dallas allowed me a better understanding of the industry as a building engineer and gave to me the opportunities to further build on my skills within the industry through resources such as BOMA and Hines Engineering Training Programs.
Pros
Benefits, salary, family friendly
Cons
Ownership transition, limited or no Hines employment oppurtunitiy in Dallas area
The operations model is the best in the business,.
Senior Engineer - Chase Tower - Rehired (Current Employee) –  2200 Ross Ave. Dallas, TXJuly 4, 2016
The Hines Engineering Standards are some of the most stringent and challenging however makes me the best Senior engineer I can be. It is a great measuring tool, once you work in a Hines building and know how it is supposed to be. Then you go to another building is not measured up to any standard -just keep it running - it makes me appreciate the "raising of the bar" standards.
Pros
Good managers, who treat you as family, good comraderie with the engineers
Cons
Hines is expanding all over the nation and the world, but not here in Dallas?No future in Dallas
Fabulous Experience
Senior Administrative Assistant/Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 26, 2016
Unfortunately, this company is no longer in business. The owner retired. We have a great client in the utility business and they kept us alive.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
No longer in business
Great company to work for
Operation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 13, 2016
Want a career change, there is a hiring freeze within the company or else I would have shifted into an administrative role.
Pros
Vacation and insurance
Cons
on call every other week
Productive Workplace
Engineer (Former Employee) –  VirginiaFebruary 21, 2016
In this position I learned to mulitask and supervise other employees, This position taught me leadership skills that I am very thankful to have learned.
Outstanding Business
Chief Executive Officer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 25, 2015
Outstanding Business environment and culture. Investment driven business. Seasoned professional with full range of management experience in sales and business operations with over 15 years of experience. Proficient in account management development, forecasting, analysis and profit and loss measurements. Self-directed and motivated professional with strong interpersonal communication skills, possessing the ability to coach and develop sales and customer service to annual sales/revenue quotas.
Strong closer of fortune 100 national accounts and small businesses
Pros
Outstanding Business
Cons
Awaiting investment income
Hines Is a Great company and it was a great experience
Engineer Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 16, 2015
The management knows their stuff about their buildings. Their system on keeping things in order is equally impressive. I learned a lot from them.
Good learning experience but little advancement opportunity
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 1, 2015
Great work life balance, working late hours is actually discouraged. If you're looking to advance your career in real estate into something like development, leasing, or asset management, Property Management is a great way to learn the operations but seems to offer little "bridge" opportunities into other areas of real estate.
Company cares about their clients
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 22, 2015
The company as a whole is a good place to work. They really care about the clients. They are constantly looking for innovative ways to provide high quality service to its clients. I really enjoyed my work and learned a lot while working there.

My experience while working there had to do the culture in management. It is not about what you accomplish or what you know but who you know. Your achievements are magnified or downplayed depending on if you are favored by the right person/people. If you are not favored no matter what you do it will be downplayed.
Pros
Bonus not only for managers. Compensation is good.
Cons
Inequality/favoritism
walking every 30 minutes
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  PRJuly 8, 2015
very hot days, learn how to protects others pers, management very good and always in good communication hardest part is work on double shifts and my enjoyable parts my days off
Pros
my own lunch
Cons
very good on break my own time