Hingham Public Schools Employee Reviews

See reviews about
Fantastic Town!
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Hingham, MAJanuary 31, 2018
The school system was not only of a high quality with not only fantastic teachers, but also great paras for each student with a need for one. All of the staff was not only kind and caring, but willing to lend a hand whenever needed
Great School System, but can only get full time teaching position if you know someone in administration.
Long Term Substitute Teacher & Para Educator (Current Employee) –  Hingham, MAAugust 9, 2017
Great physical environment and wonderful supportive coworkers. Unfortunate lack of good communication from administration, also lack of merit based advancement and far too much favoritism. The buildings and classrooms are lovely, with fantastic resources and technology, and all the supplies needed are provided. While most of the teachers are terrific, some of the least motivated teachers have connections to administers. This is a school district where who you know is far more important than what you know or what you have shown you are capable of doing.
Pros
excellent resources and technology available
Cons
too many teaching positions obtained because of relationships with administration
Dedicated professionals
Recycling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hingham, MAApril 5, 2017
This a good school district that is interested in environmental and social good. Of course, it is limited by budgeting restraints, time constraints, and soooo much red tape around being a school system.
Certified Substitute Teacher, Grades K (Current Employee) –  Hingham, MA 02043May 2, 2016
Great work environment. Co-workers very helpful and supportive. A wonderful community feel within the schools.

Permanent positions pay well. Good benefits package.
Pros
Staff is excellent. Good, supportive environment.
Cons
Difficult to gain permanent work
Enjoyable environment with friendly staff and super students!
Substitute teacher (Former Employee) –  Hingham MAJuly 22, 2015
What I learned from my teaching experience as a substitute teacher at Hingham Public Schools was that every teacher has her own style of teaching and every student has their own way of learning and that you need to accommodate both in a balanced way.
Pros
Working for one of the best school systems in the state.
Cons
Receiving no healthcare benefits as a substitute teacher.
Clinical guidelines are defined. Computer system simple. Wonderful to work with the children/young adults.
Substitute Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hingham, MAJune 11, 2013
A typical day begins before I am assigned in order to familiarize myself with changes since my last stint. I greet and reacquaint the staff to who I am. I like to print out the daily meds to be given and check the physical supply for amounts and expirations. I set the office up to my liking and keep the door open. i apprise the staff of the census part way through the day. I keep track of patients concurrent to their visit scheduled or not. I maintain a working relationship with the town public health nurse and also let her know I am at the school. The children are fantastic. Teaching and learning are my favorite parts of the job. I like to triage and allow the other students watch an organized and calm office.
Great job
Special Education Assistant/Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hingham, MAJanuary 7, 2013
I just decided that I no longer wished to work in the education field. Where I was not going to go back to school to teach, this was not the field for me to continue.
Teacher's Aide
Assistant Teacher / Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Hingham, MASeptember 24, 2012
Making copies of spreadsheets for teachers, one-on-one aide, help with reading and math testing
Pros
good experience
Cons
hard work
Excellent Work Environment-Strong Teaming
English Teacher, Grade 7 (Current Employee) –  Hingham, MAMarch 19, 2012
Hingham Middle School is a fun place to work with excellent teachers, staff, and administrators. Teachers work as teams and communication lines are open as we all pitch in to help each other out. Most students are highly motivated, parent support is strong, and a sense of "family" captures the spirit of people in the building.
Pros
great teachers, administrators, staff and students
Cons
healthcare benefits have gone down, at-home workload