Hippocrates Health Institute logo
Hippocrates Health Institute

Hippocrates Health Institute Employee Reviews

Work-Life Balance

Healing for those who believe

I’ve worked there for 4 years as a professional I did my job regardless of management issues because I loved what I did a fitness professional, great place ♥️ made great friendships with staff & guest.

Pros

Saunas, Gym, Beautiful property, Staff & Guest

Cons

Management.

Amazing culture

Truly had an awesome time working at Hippocrates. The experience was amazing. Actually even have some pretty decent pay compared to other similar jobs in the area.

No benefits

The compensation was horrible and the spa was not organized. The same people got booked all the time. It was not a clean spa. There were no benefits.

Cons

No benefits

Negative work environment, and no positive recognition

The work environment at Hippocrates is very negative and filled with gossip. The Directors don’t care about their employees, the staff is underpaid and there is no opportunity for advancement. Some employees are amazing, but most of the management will lie to make themselves look better and throw anyone under the bus to ensure they keep their job. Any positive aspects about the job, like free green juice and use of the facilities, are not even available now after they laid off 150 employees in March 2020 and left most employees without their PTO, with many of these former employees suing them to get the money they earned.

Pros

Meeting guests from all over the world.

Cons

No more perks, negative and gossip-filled work environment

Run as fast as you can

They tell you one thing and do the total opposite. Gossip is what their best at. You never can get help from HR. HR plays favoritism all the time. Especially the director who’s very shady. They claim that the door are always open. When you speak to them about an issue. Everyone knows about it before you make it back to your department. Your work load and pay doesn’t add up.

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

HHI is saving lives with its program and you get te meet people from all over the world

If you are passionate about helping people and like to meet people from all over the world HHI is for you. It is incredibly rewarding to see guest whose life was saved by this program come back every year.

Pros

Free lunches, discounted purchasing and treatments, uniforms, great benefits

Cons

Working with the public can de difficult if you do not have the correct skill set

No job security and cult-ish atmosphere

This job was great at first. They sell everyone the dream here first. Then it goes from there, a lack of communication to demands in selling a dream to people who are from all walks of life. It’s not the easiest job it could be a dream job but the staff makes it hard.

Awesome place to work for, you will learn a lot about your body and health and meditation.

I enjoyed working with this company. I’ve learned so much about my health and healthy eating. I love working with people and helping people the best I can. It was sure a experience I’ll never forget.

Productive Workplace

Enjoyed my time there. I was sad to go. The staff and clientele were amazing. Management was great and so was the rest of the staff. The culture was great.

I love being a part of Hippocrates Health Institute.

I love working for this innovative community. Helping people live healthier and having access to amazing food, treatments, and knowledge is amazing. I love being apart of a global movement and learning from the best. I am so grateful for my "other" family! We have experienced growing pains along the way but in the end we all bond together over the same beliefs and drive to help others.

Jobs at Hippocrates Health Institute

See more jobs

The environment is amazing

The environment is amazing. Delicious and health food, natural environment, and loving community. Working here has set the bar so high for all employers. The ability to help others and spread a natural lifestyle is life changing. Employees get discounts on supplements and therapies which helps us with living a healthier lifestyle along with the guests! Overall, I am blessed to be here.

Healthy positive and beautiful environment.

Healthy positive and beautiful environment. It's fulfilling to help others and watch them grow into who they are supposed to be. Seeing so many people overcoming a variety of diseases thanks to our practices is amazing. The sense of family and community with employees and guests is unlike any other workplace I have experienced Overall, it's a heartfelt honor to be apart of HHI's mission.

It was okay

It was depressing working there and very stressful at times but to know you were in someway helping people live their lives better or more fully - that was rewarding

temporary job

Not stressful, kind of laid back, not recommended if seeking long term employment. Job is basically more of a temporary job placement not for full time employment.

Horrible weird place

Management is horrible they lie about healing people and feed you rabbit food I wouldn’t recommend you’re under appreciated and if you don’t go along with management you’re fired.

Pros

Insurance, easy job

Cons

Management, and everything else

work together in good worked

I worked in Hippocrates health institutes for 3 months and I must say it is a very good experience , during the days works , but they have to work together with a perfect communication . that's a good place .

Pros

free lunches all the times

Cons

30 minutes breack in free eats

Do not work for this company , I repeat ..DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!

If you hold a medical license DO NOT WORK HERE !!! Management is run by individuals who don’t have a degree nor have some of them garduated high school . The environment is a cut throat environment. When you are SOMEBODY outside of work they will find everything to sabotage you .. from school to work . The only great thing I can say is that the health ed director is a sweet lady and the individuals who work in the garden as very nice . It has the potential to be a great place but the individuals at the top will get rid of those they feel are competition .

Pros

Vegan food

Cons

Everything else

preety decent place to work depending on area

the job was overall ok, its just the management of certain departments that gives issues. For example in the department I worked in (front desk) was awful.

Helping people help themselves

That's the motto! And they do just that. They teach people how to live a raw vegan lifestyle and how to implement this lifestyle in their every day lives once they leave Hippocrates. This is a great place to work, employees are able to eat free while working, receive a discount on meals when not working and receive up to 50% off most of the services provided. I notice a few comments stated "no room for growth" but I believe there is always room for growth. They like to promote from within when they see the right person with the right skill set, everybody can't get promoted if you just don't have the skills needed for the job. I have seen employees start and within a few months, they are recognized as a great leader and promoted to a supervisor or lead. Management turn over is not that common, most of the managers have been there for a very long time. I think the salaries are pretty competitive and the health insurance is very competitive. Great place to work!

Pros

Free meals while working, competitive salary, room for growth, competitive health insurance, 50% discounts of most services

Cons

Everyone wants to be a manager and when not recognized as a leader, they leave and bash the place! Working longer hours sometimes to get better results

good

busy place to work,friendly coworkers,learnt to stay positive in life,good management,good working environment,hardest part when patient dieswhen they happy and come back again

Pros

free lunch

Cons

short breaks

I love hippocrates health institute and all that they promote.

I loved working for this company for many reasons. This facility was directed by two warm and dedicated individuals, who believed in the power of plants and holistic living. They work all over the world promoting their beliefs on the vegan diet and how living food can help to maintain a healthy well being and even diminish signs of illnesses. I loved working at the front desk, however I disliked how understaffed and overworked this department was. It was ran with heart and drive, but it's underlying mal-trained and unorganized root forced me to peruse other career endeavors. If I had the opportunity to go back within a different department, I WOULD. It was a great place to be, but unfortunately with the way the front desk was ran at this particular establishment, as I said before, it was simply time for me to leave.

Pros

team players, great staff, impressive morals, healthy living and well being

Cons

over worked, understaffed, unorganized.
  • Hippocrates Health Institute