HIRE Counsel Employee Reviews

Collaborative Temporary
E-Discovery Document Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 30, 2018
Positives;
Teams of equally qualified members
Detailed and can exercise education for position

Negatives;
No certainty of contract time span and hours
No local representative for HR topics
Nice, Smart Helpful people
Paralegal, Special Project, Temporary (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 8, 2018
very slow at the moment but when projects arise they are very nice. Pay is excellent, people are caring. I wish they were busy enough to keep me going.
August 27, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy that you had a positive experience working with the Hire Counsel team. We have new projects coming in frequently and post open positions on our website, Indeed, LinkedIn, and other job boards. Also, if you prefer, you can reach out to our Recruiters and they will be able to assist you. We look forward to working with you again.

temporary contract attorney
Contract Attorney (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 8, 2018
Ok place to work on a temporary contract basis. If you are looking to pick up some work between jobs this is a good opportunity. People and the environment are nice.
August 27, 2018

Thank you for your 5-star review! We’re so glad that you enjoyed working with our team. We hear you -- Contract work is a great way for legal professionals to utilize their skills and earn an income while having flexibility. We hope to work with you again soon.

Nice place to work
Document Review Attorney (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 28, 2018
good location -close to train stations; flexible hours but no overtime or benefits; wonderful management; casual business attire; weekly paycheck; everyday you use Relativity for legal document review.
Pros
good hours; flexible
Cons
lack of benefit structure
August 27, 2018

Hi, we appreciate your feedback and we’re happy that the location, flexibility, and leadership left a positive impression. We have recently enhanced our benefits, including medical insurance, ESOP, and tuition support for the ACEDS eDiscovery Essentials course. If you want to learn more, please ask your Recruiter on your next assignment! We look forward to working with you again.

Hire Counsel is a well oiled machine
Document Review Attorney (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 29, 2018
They set you up really well -- all is done remotely yet our session went without a hitch. Hours were set at 8 and capped at 40/week, though they were flexible with the actual hours we worked. All in all they did a great job
Pros
Flexible, take it or leave it
Cons
Depending on the firm you're working under can be stressful
August 27, 2018

We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you’re enjoying your experience here at Hire Counsel. From the top down, the key to our business is our commitment to our employees. “Well-oiled machine” – this is a great compliment because we work hard to continue our processes in order to create the best candidate experience possible.

pleasant
Corporate Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 12, 2017
The client law firm was a pleasant place to work with friendly and knowledgeable coworkers. The cases were fast paced and made the days go by very quickly.
Not the best gig, but the pay is decent
Document Review Specialist (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCNovember 14, 2017
Document review is monotonous and at times, tedious. This is not a permanent job, but rather, a gap-filler for someone who is studying for the bar or looking for legal employment.

Waiting for new review projects to begin can be frustrating. I would recommend not relying on this position as a steady source of income.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
fluctuating project schedule
Very nice managers and well organized reviews
Attorney (Former Employee) –  New York, NY, PhillyAugust 8, 2017
They provide a low stress environment and allow you to do your work efficiently.

The policies and goals are clearly stated and consistent. Managers are available to address issues.
Pros
Civil
It's doc review.
Document Review Attorney (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCMay 28, 2017
Hire Counsel is not a bad company to work for, as long as you don't expect too much. It works like typical doc review. The health insurance offering is sad, no vacation, no raise, no retirement, no guarantee that a job will last tomorrow... But, the pay is on the slightly higher side of average for the area, the facilities are clean, and the HC contacts and managers have always been pleasant.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No raise, benefits, security
Contract Work
Legal Professional (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 1, 2017
Ended abruptly. Poor communication. Good for part time work but it is not reliable. Definitely a last resort. It is what you would expect for temporary legal work.

Want to know more about HIRE Counsel?

Ask a question
Flexible work environment with enjoyable co-workers
Document Review Attorney (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 7, 2015
A typical work day would be spent in front of a computer the majority of the time coding documents.

All other co-workers were enjoyable to be around and easy to work with.

The best part of the job was the flexible schedule in which they allowed you to work.

The most difficult part of the job was win deadlines were to be met and OT was needed.
Pros
flexible schedule
benefits
Low stress, low pay, but okay.
ATTORNEY (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 30, 2014
So far, so good. I'm starting week 2 tomorrow for a project in Nashville. The pay is not great, but it will help you out of a bind and the hours are flexible (8am - 8pm, M-F; 10am - 6pm Sat & Sun). We are working in the UBS building downtown, which has good security. The office is clean and well-maintained. There is plenty of coffee (Keurigs in the break room) and supplies. The floor is quiet and comfortable. The project managers are professional and friendly. There is occasional system downtime due to system overload, but that's apparently to be expected, and you are still on the clock while they get it back up and running. There is no overtime for attorneys if you work more than 40 hours/week. There is an emphasis on volume; but from what I'm told, they only keep you on for later phases of a project based on your accuracy level in coding the documents. Overall, not a bad gig for a few days or weeks. If you are someone with a short attention span, or basically cannot sit and stare at a computer for at least 8 hours solid, this will drive you up the wall.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Redundant
Nice
Contract Attorney (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 29, 2014
It was a nice job and it paid the bills, work not always stable.
Decent place to work
Contract Attorney (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 8, 2014
It is a pleasure to go to work every day. You deal with a lot of different areas of litigation and never have to take work home with you. The balance of work/life is pretty decent.
Hire Counsel is out of touch with reality
Attorney (Former Employee) –  Southern CaliforniaAugust 20, 2014
I don't have anything critical about the companies Hire Counsel represents, it's Hire Counsel's way of doing business. They insist on people coming in to meet them personally. I've worked with recruiters before who have gotten me permanent jobs and never had to meet personally. Where I live Hire Counsel is 50 miles away in traffic so a big deal to get to. I saw a job in my town and applied, and they insisted on my coming up to meet them, I told them I did this a couple years earlier but they would not accept that and I decided just not worth the bother. I just saw the same ad for the company near me. I guess they are not filling the position quickly which is a shame because I am perfect for it. I won't use them again.
Employment
Contract Attorney (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2014
A typical day at work is reviewing documents
I learned proficiency in both Relativity and DocuMatrix reviewing softwares
My co-workers pretty much stick to themselves and there isn't very much employee-to-employee interaction
the hardest part of the job is the long hours
the most enjoyable part of the job is the end of the work day
document review attorney
Document Review Attorney (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 16, 2013
document review attorney for litigation support for various law firms.
Pros
pleasant work environment
Cons
it is ok.
flexible work schedule, great location, liberal environment
Contract Attorney (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 26, 2013
Very flexible work schedule and great location of the office.
Nice people to work with and liberal atmosphere
Pros
liberal atmosphere, great compensation
Cons
no job security, no separate kitchen
Great Assignment
E-discovery attorney (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 26, 2013
One of the best job experiences I have had. Professional and collegial.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HIRE Counsel. Our community is ready to answer.