Hire Velocity

Working at Hire Velocity: 45 Reviews

United States45 reviews

managementpeoplegreatjobworkcareerpaygood

Growing Company

Very flexible company. They are very understanding and accepting of work/life balance and provide multiple opportunities to make your schedule work for you. Great environment for getting your foot in the door to recruiting and learning all the ins and outs.

Pros

Free Snacks

Cons

Healthcare, Job Security

Not organized

I worked here for 8 months. There is no job security at all! The let me go the day of no two week notice no 48-72 hour grace period and it was right before the holiday. Worked on an account for 3 months without commission. Commission structure was changed so you are working harder to barely get commission when that’s the highlight they sell to get you to take the job. They have it as a W-2 employee when really you are a 1099. If requisition ends so can your job.

Cons

Healthcare, Job security

Hire Velocity insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

They go through too many changes and blame staff for it

I wouldn't work for them. The compensation rate is low for how much work you end up doing. It's extremely disorganized, however they do seen to be trying to fix it. They never take employees advice or concerns into consideration

What is the best part of working at the company?Enjoyed the people I worked withWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Keeping up with summits and callsWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?I worked from homeWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Had teams meeting everyday

Run away

I have never seen a company with more turnover in my life. What’s even more concerning is the unrealistic metrics for recruiters on a weekly basis. Any respectable recruiter would know quality over quantity matters but to this place its just quantity a “warm body” company is completely unorganized and management delegates their work on top of the already overwhelming job of being a recruiter. Know your value and worth please don’t work here.

Pros

Remote work

Cons

Health insurance is so bad it takes your pay down significantly

Run And Don't Look Back!!!

This company is a complete joke! You are given unrealistic goals to achieve and a Team Lead that doesn't have your best interest at heart. They hire a load of people weekly but turn around and fire people on a daily basis. They promote unqualified people who are not fit to be in the positions they hold! And they base promotions on favoritism and who fudges the most numbers. No recruiters at this company has been there for more than 2 years and it is because of the unprofessional, unorganized and lack of competency from upper management. Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time!!!!!!

Stepping stone

If it wasn’t for the work life balance many people would leave. The pay is below average, training is subpar and management doesn’t care. They appear to be making the job more like a call center. If you care about quality over quantity, this may not be the job for you. If your just interested in getting in recruiting to gain experience in Human Resources, this is a good opportunity.

Transportation Recruiter

I can only speak on the transportation side of the company because that has been all I do know about HV. I have been here a few months and love love every minute. I worked at larger staffing firms who did not for one second care about your well being. HV ensures work life balance, as well as seeing you as a person succeed. They will see your hard work and reward you. Highly recommend for anyone wanting to get into Recruitment.

Work/life Balance, Management, Growth

Best job I’ve ever had. Simply put. Easy to maintain work/life balance, your hard work is recognized and management has your back. By far the best culture I’ve experienced at a place of employment. 6 out of 5 stars!!!

Trash Company

I am very disappointed with the way I left this company. It was very underhanded and sneaky. Cannot trust the co-workers. Hearsay and gossip is taken as fact by management without any proof or investigation. Very nasty and incompetent people promoted to lead positions. The office politics is disgusting. Overall, leaving this company has been a blessing and my mental health has benefitted from not being such a toxic work environment. Also, absolutely no job security unless you are one of the people related to management. Seek employment elsewhere.

Poor management. Unrealistic expectations. Not the best recruiting experience.

Not a good place to work. Too many conflicting opinions, false promises and fake people. They promoted favorites only. Bias to most. A disappointing establishment,

Pros

Cons

No benefits or 401k

The company sucks in general and the work is not worth the money

I came into Hire Velocity with good intentions and left with a negative outlook. They want you to source people basically only to lie to them about the type of work they will be doing. They pay is horrible many candidates just hang up without hearing the pitch. Working here teaches you what to accept and what not to accept. The company is BS.If you're just looking for something to get you by I suggest it, other than that I wouldn't take the job serious. No Growth Here Thumbs Down

Great job for someone looking to get into recruiting

I love my manager she is very understanding and cares about her team but the company isn’t the best and isn’t the worst it’s very blah. Like the pay is mediocre, culture is mediocre nothing to really make you leave but nothing to get you to stay. Promotion are seemingly given out to who the manager is and what project you are on and high turnover on some projects. But like I said it’s a great place to get a start but not a place to grow.

Pros

Great projects Flexible hours

Cons

No growth Mediocre Lacking culture

Continuous Investment into Employee training, development and career advancement

Hire Velocity invest time training and developing the best team! The company has continued to grow significantly across the past few years! The company offers paid holidays, employee benefits, and incredible earning potential. If you are looking for somewhere to get your foot in the door because you feel like you cannot grow where you are, this is where you should be. There is so much room for advancement and great earning potential!

Pros

Career growth, flexibility, training, support, guidance, remote and hybrid opportunities, paid holidays, flexible scheduling, and a great culture!

Great company

Great company if you are starting out recruiting. I would say overall it has a great atmosphere. Managers want to help you succeed. Great work life balance.

Pros

Great work life balance

Cons

Pay is low

good senior management

the goals are well defined by he team leads and management, the meetings are not too time consumingthe team lead always keeps it short and to the point

Pros

good management

Cons

dont know of one as yet

There was a change in management which change the workplace morale and culture. I truly enjoyed work under the former management team but as the company began to reorganize its structure the family environment shifted. The over all goal of the company remained the same for the clients and the staff did its best to meet the standards of each client. I believe it to be true growing pains.

Coca Cola bottling plant project in Philly

Hire-Velocity is a first-rate outfit to work for... no complaints whatsoever...the people I worked with were all seasoned professionals...and the project at Coca Cola was very well organized

Meh

*The salary is way lower that what you deserve. *The commission is trash *The insurance is expensive *Turnaround is concerning *You never feel stable *The accounts suck *Management is dishonest *They'll lay people off when "business is slow" but hire new recruiters within a week.

Better Than Nothing

Truth is this is the kind of work you take when you can't get anything else. There was never enough work to keep us busy year round so you are put on what's called "The Bench" for weeks at a time. It is a Great Incentive to find a better job for sure! Not really a whole lot to say other than I always enjoyed offering people the various positions I recruited for.

Ugh awful place

I was duped and then dropped. Fed stories about career development. Unprofessional management that are rude and bias. Glad to be out of there! Please think twice before you accept an offer from this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hire Velocity. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits