Hirschbach Motor Lines
56Below average

Hirschbach Motor Lines Employee Reviews

United States179 reviews
Class act, from top to bottom.
Its a really good company to work for, they are not like your average trucking company. The owner is a veteran and a former truck driver and it shows. The Lease Option is not designed for the long term, but no company is perfect.
Bad lease
Worked for this company for 3 mouths and the money is not what they say on a consistent basis . Something I ran 3000 miles fuel was around 400 dollars truck payment 740 took home 898 that's not right found out that settlement is messed up they have rigged on how you get paid, other drivers experience the same thing so WARNING so I quit and now I have to wait 45 days before I get my last check that is not right!!
Sorry company, Customer 1st
This company doesn’t care if you ever go home they only think about their loads and customers .If your a good driver go back to school for something else because Trucking is some bull now days
Yeah you make a good gross of money but they take it all on pay day. Theres been numerous times where i made over 5 grand walk away with 1500 or less
You will never own that truck you have no equity in that truck. Unless you have 35,000 sitting up at the end of your lease.the money is good the first couple of months during that honey moon phase. Until they feel they got you wheeled in.
Great people and place to work
Love the people here. My drive manager is more of a friend than a manager. He takes good care of me and even the safety department is great. The only bad thing is starting off in the hole when you come back off your days home.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
hirschbach
Was excellent first. Year and then grew to fast and lost drivers. Once you. Hired all those. Driver you took away from people who always took what ever load yall had avaliable and I ran everywhere hope yall the best
Pros
sweet dispatchers and plannners some planners run your seventy
Cons
1 day for every week your. out dedicated gets 2 days off
Great company
Not understanding when a driver gets ill, quik to claim abandoned truck when you have proof that you were hospitalized and the truck is in my own yard. In which if this gets put on my face report, I will protest it.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Driver managers do not know their jobs well
n/a
forced into a lease program with no income initially as in the negative by the time they deduct everything with no miles to earn the income needed to succeed
A financial opportunity if you don't mind looking hours and hard work. All of the departments are very tightly knit groups and work well together as teams.
Productive,Good Place to Work.
Good Company Upper Management not very considerate.Driver manager and dispatch are very good at their job.Hardest part of the job getting home at a consistent time on Friday because you go back out on Sunday.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hirschbach Motor Lines?
Unhappy
This is a good company. The Houston office is just ran by the work people. They have to show you the ones in the office running things. Our manager doesn't listen to the drivers so we are nobody
it was a good company
Hirschback motorline was a great company went I start whit them ran all 48 state for them for 8 years had to go was not make the money like went I start there
Faveritetism
Stab u in the back, no support from management.good benefits,other then that two thumbs down!! No leadership,and too much down taken when there's work.wasn't bad at first but in 3 year's went down hill.
It use to be the greatest company to work or contract for.
This was the best lease purchase until they became self insured. I really miss pulling freight for them but it's not very profitable at this point. When a DM and A Fleet Manager tells you that 1000.00 a week or 2500 a week is great for a OTR lease operator, it's a problem because I can come home everyday with a local job and make between 800.00 - 1200.00 maybe more.
Pros
Great Trucks
Cons
Poor communication and low mileage for LP operators
Dysfunctional job
They dont pay detention, they make you sit waiting for a load, even though they say no forced dispatch you will have your job threatened if you turn down a load, my truck payment is 755 but my deductions are most times over 2500...so you have to drive 2000 miles just to be even and most times you only get 2 to 3 loads. I was once given 3 days to drive 700 miles which picked up full clock 6am in morning preloaded. They also give wrong or incomplete information in their dispatches. They dont seem to understand if a dispatch is preloaded or live loaded makes a difference so we know when to start our clocks.
Pros
They hire anyone
Cons
Everything i wrote plus more.
Office Retention
The company draws you in with good talk as they are trained to do. Once you’re in bonuses become less and company seems to care less also. You hear a lot about driver retention, but office staff turnover is quite huge these days. It was great starting out. I asked for training on a new position numerous times and was not given any until I missed accounts that I didn’t even know belonged to me until I was reprimanded.
Do not work here! Owner/ lease/ percentage
Things where great then all of a sudden went left fast. Many drivers I know left the company (All "African Americans"). They starved us out by giving us low paying loads. Stretched the 1-2 loads out over a week and made it impossible for us to make profit or pay the truck lease. I went to the office in Dubuque IA. and wasn't even acknowledged. I was left sitting multiple times making no money. Horrible company that pretends they care. The managers and dispatchers should be ashamed. The terminal/ shop people are awesome tho. Favoritisms and corruption at it's finest. I don't like to be negative but I can't sit here and act like it never happened. Please save yourself. They say "No forced dispatch" but will tell you to clean out your truck if you don't take the horrible loads they send you. This company has been around for a while. They know what they are doing. They know how to get rid of drivers without terminating them. Would be a 5star company if they left it how it was in the beginning.
Good company
Hirschbach was pretty good at getting you home on time... driver management was good.... provide satellite tv for drivers in their truck and NFL red ticket
Bad company stay away only care about load only
It was a good company at first for instant they pay you break down if truck messes up but then they take it out for truck payment so you get nothing make u run illegal and blame you for not running the load
Pros
Money
Cons
Cant go home for more than 2 days if so you in debt with the truck payment
Ok
Freight is there and lanes are there, but if you want more hometime , you will have to look into something else. Nice trucks though. They used to have tripaks but now it's all the auto start and stop
Horrible work environment
Terrible place to work. Grossly underpaid; high stress, no morale around the office and management doesn’t care. They take advantage of their salaried employees any chance they can.
Pros
I don’t work here anymore
Cons
You have zero life working here
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hirschbach Motor Lines. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8