Hirschbach Motor Lines Employee Reviews

Driver care and needs
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  East Dubuque, ILFebruary 21, 2019
They tell nothing but lies to get you in and tell lies and put words in your mouth to try to get you to stay if they get you to the point where you want to leave just leave don't give them a chance to try and get you to stay you will be sorry they will screw you around leaving as soon as I can get a way back home
Pros
Real easy to lease a truck
Cons
Poor management and lies they will bandage the truck not fix it
Good job if you like to kiss up to the boss.
Breakdown Coordinator (Former Employee) –  East Dubuque, ILFebruary 9, 2019
Supervisors were helpful to their favorite people. Most of office workers did not appreciate their drivers. Drivers are the reason we had a job there and some felt drivers were unable to make choices that were best for them. They pushed drivers to do things they shouldn't have done.
Dont waste your time
Former driver (Former Employee) –  East Dubuque, ILJanuary 19, 2019
Don't waste your time on this worthless company its been said that they don't want to pay and that they steal money and time from their drivers . Their lease program is the worst though there no down payment or credit check, it just seems wrong when the deductions on the settlement are coming out 2500 + when their average truck note is 740 a week, it doesn't add up I will never recommend this company to anyone don't come here looking to succeed it won't happen they are the best con artist out there
Pros
Cons
everything about this company is pffft
Deceitful all the way around, terrible lease program
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJanuary 17, 2019
These are not honorable people. They scam drivers into working 70-80 hours over the road and they play paycheck games with you.

Truck drivers are the reason they make money and yet they must have cash flow problems because they cheat their drivers out of earning money. I could make more money per week working at Taco Bell, seriously.
Pros
Cons
Everything. A dishonorable bunch of con artists
Not a good company to work for
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJanuary 13, 2019
This company is very undermined and will steal money from u , will not explain yr pay statements . They will lower u end by claiming to give referrals and sign on bonces yet find a way to take money from u by haveing hidden fees that’s not understandable to its drivers. Recommend not to do any lease purchase with this company
Pros
Have Holiday perks
Cons
Health care
Awesome Company for OTR!
CDL Class A Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  East Dubuque, ILJanuary 1, 2019
Driving for Hirschbach was a pleasure. I was paid fairly for what I did. I would still be driving for Hirschbach if I was able to continue OTR driving.
Pros
Pay and Miles
Cons
Communication sucks due to staying on hold forever to dispatch after hours
Kelly sweet is a liar and very incompetent when it comes to planning loads and they rarely answer the phone
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IADecember 16, 2018
I believe this company has the potential to be so much better if they hired driver managers with driving experience or at least basic knowledge of the road and understanding of the importance of the type of driver they are managing. A lot of bad communication will have you stuck at various shippers for hours and detention pay is not a guarantee. I'm a lease purchase otr driver and I've had a few weeks were I made just enough to cover my expenses and few hundred for myself in my neck of the woods that is called robbery therefore I will be turning in my truck this Monday. If being exploited is something you like then look no further Hirschbach is the place to be.
Pros
The pay has potential good equipment decent routea
Cons
Management home time and the overall expenses for the lease purchase program
Great company
Lease Driver (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IANovember 23, 2018
I like the job very much. If I wanted to do over the road truck driving again I would give them a call in a heart beat. My driver manager takes very good care of me and always has my back.
Pros
Good money, holiday pay, home time
Cons
The company’s computer systems got hacked
Move trailers to and from dock doors
YARD SPOTTER (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, INOctober 17, 2018
12 hour work day. You will move 40 to 70 trailers per shift. Check all running trailers every 4 hours to make sure they are set and running at proper temperatures.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Unpredictable work schedule (hours)
Good place to work If
cdl driver (Former Employee) –  kcksOctober 17, 2018
Worked as a spotter for Hirschbach at a refrigerated
warehouse in Edwardsville KS.Co-workers and mgmt.
real good.Pay and equip.OK.Hirschbach tends to gates
and spotting.The conditions that did not work for me were:

1.Whse mgmt./employees hostile and whse/dispatch flat
dysfunctional in all areas,which makes for a very long day.
I spent appr.40% of my shift looking for trailers that were
not there yet/blocked/ already spotted or gone.

2.When I was here it was usually pretty busy,which is good,
but factor in the general confusion,the zero suspension autocar
tractors,the waiting for prior shift milking the clock and the 12 hr
days and it became more work for less $.

3.It's the type of account where the client expects constant
coddling and this includes the hostlers.Also it's a 24/7/365
operation.

4.Considering the current industry standards,the micromgmt,
unsafe equip.,paycheck games etc.etc.,must say Hirschbach
gets a better than passing grade.
Pros
Solid Company/Mgmt/Co-Workers
Cons
Client/Environment
n / a
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  East Dubuque, ILOctober 14, 2018
A typical day at work is to call my manager to determine my schedule (i.e. destination, time schedule, fueling, routing, scaling, safety issues, Human Resources, health issues, payroll, personal time
Pros
Quarterly bonuses
Cons
Payroll and safety
Everyday is a challenge
Dedicated Operations Supply Chain Planner (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAOctober 7, 2018
trucking industry is always busy, especially when Hirschbach is trying to grow from 700 truck in 2014, until 1700 trucks in 2018. i have gained the most planning and communication experience here in hirschbach and I have not regretted to step into this company at all.
Deadend Job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAOctober 6, 2018
Hirschbach's bottom line comes first.

Here you're a number, not a name.

Don't text & drive. Why haven't u answered my text?!

U have 2 hrs to get 200 miles.

U wanna see your family?! I thought u wanted to make money! Yes, I am divorced. Why do u ask?

I don't care what they promised when u signed up. What I'm telling u NOW is ...
Pros
Steady work.
Cons
Unpredictable home life.
Good company but at the end of the day it’s all about their money
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAOctober 4, 2018
I’ve enjoyed my time here at this company. The pay is decent and the equipment is well maintained. They do try to take care of you if you are willing to work hard. My issue comes into play when they demand I get a TWIC card on my dollar. Then refuse to reimburse port entry for loads they make more money. At the end of the day we are all making money so I don’t understand this nickel and dime aspect of their business. Just another way to pawn off deductions onto drivers. Another stressful part of this job is your majority load destinations will take you to or through Chicago then I-80 to the Northeast. All considering they pay tolls, you are green lighted through most weigh stations, and pay a vast portion of your fuel bill. Other than that you are a glorified company driver that pays all of his/her self employment tax.
Pros
Equipment, pay, miles
Cons
Chicago. Port entry. Freedom with there lack of
Don't do it!
OTR Driver/owner (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAOctober 1, 2018
To begin with, they lie to the driver from the beginning of the orientation. They lay on false promises that span everything that they can get away with.
Oo otr
OO OTR DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXSeptember 30, 2018
I live in the state of Florida getting in and out of Florida was the most unsuccessful thing with the company other than that the pay was great just have to find a dispatcher who knows your schedule and knows how you run
relaxed
Lease Purchase Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 25, 2018
the company overall is an amazing place to work for. some of the driver managers need training on how to max drivers miles but overall i would go back.
Was a great company that had great people down fall was being under contract of a owner operator
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 19, 2018
Company was great nice and careing staff trying there best to help you succeed I dont recommend working under owner operators tho if they have more than a few trucks under hirshbachs start your company program
Great pay but your family siffers
OTR Solo Driver (Current Employee) –  NebraskaSeptember 17, 2018
great place to work and the pay is good but you miss your family away. I enjoyed working for the copapny but not seeing your family is a lot for one person .
Lease Purchase
Lease Operator (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXSeptember 9, 2018
Amazing program they have here. 7 consecutive weeks I've made 1800-2200 tell me another lease purchase program where you can make that much!
I'll be leaving for landstar soon but I'll never forget this company! And my drive Manager "Adam Helmle" the best drive Manager you could have. If your hungry here your gonna eat!
Pros
Pay, Experience
Cons
No home time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hirschbach Motor Lines. Our community is ready to answer.