Hiscox Ltd Employee Reviews

Productive and Relaxed Workplace
Underwriting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fulton County, GAAugust 15, 2018
Hiscox is a great job to work for. It has a Great culture and you are not Micro Managed. The higher ups in the company are very accessible and you see them often within the office. Friendly work environment.
Pros
Free fruit, Free drink vending machine
Cons
PTO and Shift Flexibility
No training difficult to fit in
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 25, 2018
great pay however no direction on responsibilities. good company overall but the head of I/T does not know how to run a I/T shop. Does not give clear direction.
Pros
stocked break room
Cons
no direction or training
Underwriting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 24, 2016
Awesome work environment
Great organization. Expect this company to continue to grow and do great things in the future.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Work life balance
Not for me
Underwriting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAMarch 16, 2015
I worked here for 2 years. I don't have much faith in management for a number of reasons. Mainly, most of the managers don't have any actual experience managing. Otherwise, my co-workers were the only thing that kept me going.
Good People
Consultant- Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2015
Enjoy the people and the projects, still a growing organization so a little under staffed and needing more discipline.
Not great
Underwriting Assistant (Current Employee) –  AtlantaJanuary 13, 2015
Its alright - pretty dull but pays the bills. Management could be way better in the operations department. If you want to feel like you're back in high school, this is the job for you.
Enhancement Service is a robust internet and intranet Web application. This system deals with insurance policy, proposal, premium, endorsement, renewa
Net Developer (Former Employee) –  New YorkJuly 23, 2014
• Involved in the SDLC phase of requirement analysis, design, and development of the web based intranet application tool using ASP.NET and C#.
• Graphical User Interface (GUI) was designed using ASP.NET and the business logic was coded in C#.
• Created Stored Procedures and User Defined functions using Transaction SQL .
• Followed 3-Tier Application Architecture to ensure flexible and reusability of the application.
• Worked with SQL-Server2005, 2008 Databases.
• Used C#, ASP.Net, Win Forms, SQL Server, Web Services, and a custom single sign-on.
• Wrote the T-SQL Database Triggers, Views, and Indexes.
• Developed & maintained Web Forms with ASP.Net and C#.Net.
• Involved in designing and implementing the database schemas and storing date on to SQL Server 2005.
• Developed applications leveraging ADO.NET, LINQ to SQL, Entity Framework 4.
• Developed LINQ to Objects and XML generation.
• Followed the Model view controller (MVC) architecture to ensure the flexibility of the application.
• Created ASP.NET validation controls and JavaScript validations to enforce validations.
• Used SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) to generate reports.
• Created Stored Procedures, Triggers for processing, maintenance of the database, Joins for retrieving data. Maintain the existing web pages, troubleshoot the issues.
• Used Entity Framework for accessing data from database.
• Used WPF for building UI Applications and MVC for coding.
• Used Enterprise Library in Business Logic layer for extracting the data efficiently from the database.
• Used Grid View control extensively for
  more... data display, dynamic generation of rows, and user input inside template column.  less
Nice place to work
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 7, 2013
Great people; wished the division stayed around longer. Loved working for the Brits.
fun workplace
Freelance IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2013
typical day spent packaging groceries to get to local supermarkets. management was great, best part of the place was the company sponsored events.
Pros
company events
Great co-workers, fun work environment
Senior Underwriting Assistant/Co-Team Leader (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJanuary 25, 2013
I enjoyed working for Hiscox very much. I met a lot of wonderful people, stayed connected, and learned a great deal about the operations side of the industry. I spent most of the time training others, reviewing work, processing maintenances, quotes and binds. I didn't really find this job hard because I enjoyed it.
Pros
co-workers, happy hours, lots of time off, option to work at home
Cons
underpaid
Ability to grow and develop with the company
Operations Assistant/Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJuly 30, 2012
Since starting at Hiscox in March 2010, I have held a variety of roles. I worked very closely with our Head of Service Delivery and COO.
Fast paced environment with fun employees
Agency Risk Manager (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJuly 8, 2012
Hours are 9 to 5 - always very busy so the day goes by quickly! I was exposed to many facets of the business including risk management, audit, accounting, operations, and underwriting.
Management is always readily available and eager to support career objectives. Employee reviews are given twice a year.
Co-workers at Hiscox are amazing! The staff is young and upbeat - a sense of humor is a must.
The hardest part of the job is managing a heavy workload and the most enjoyable part of the job is providing great service to internal and external parties. Additionally, the company is socially responsible and plans annual volunteer activities for employees to participate in.
Pros
annual holiday bonus, generous pto
Cons
limited resources