Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc Employee Reviews

Ok
Worker (Former Employee) –  Monroe, GAApril 20, 2019
Long hours and decent pay. You work 7 days a week and very long hours. Taking time off of job is very hard . Standing on your feet for 12 plus hours
Pros
Great paid
Cons
No time off
Great People
CONTRACT ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Harrodsburg, KYApril 13, 2019
Enjoyed working with the Hitachi team and made many friends. Being a contractor, I enjoyed lots of flexibility from working hours and time off. Management worked well with me and allowed me many opportunities.
Innovative
QA Technician I (Current Employee) –  Berea, KYApril 7, 2019
Being a part of a growing company helps one to envision a better, more responsible plan for the future. That future is Hitachi. Inspire the Next. Go for the Goal.
Pros
Team environment
Another Blind Leading the Blind Story
Elec./ Mech. Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Berea, KY 40403April 6, 2019
Worked 7 days a week, 10 hrs a day or more. A very unorganized place to work. Wouldnt even buy parts for the machinery unless it was absolutely needed. No stock of parts basically. No teamwork, Managment is totally in their own play pretend world.
Pros
It payed the bills
Cons
I didnt leave there sooner
Making shocks and struts
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Berea, KYMarch 31, 2019
I really liked this job it was very interesting learning new machines. This job is very fast paced. I really liked the people that I worked with. This job is a very good job to work at if you like to work.
Run by a bunch of GED educated farmers
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Harrodsburg, KYMarch 30, 2019
If your not in the click with management your screwed. Lots of mandatory overtime. They pay less than similar places. No communication to employees at all.
Pros
You get paid every week
Cons
Terrible management and hr
it was good before new management took over
Production Engineer (Former Employee) –  Berea kyMarch 25, 2019
poor management in the last 10 years ruined the company, along with buddy buddy system of promotions and then layoffs, it is a very unstable, stressful envirnoment
benefits
Cons
management
Ok Job
Warehouse Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Monroe, GAMarch 25, 2019
Worked there over 4 years. Company doesn't care about employees only care about work getting done. Work long hours and no work and life balance. Pay is ok depending on where you work. Good benefits.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks, doesn't care about employees
Great Insurance
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Harrodsburg, KYMarch 18, 2019
Was a great place until the reduction!!! Now nobody knows! Uncertain about there future. Micromanagement on Team Members and Supervisors. Communication is lacking from HR group and upper management.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Reduction of Employees// Management//12 hour shifts
Not so good anymore
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Harrodsburg, KYMarch 17, 2019
Decent company! Management changes have caused morale to lower recently. Job security is no longer guaranteed at this company. Hitachi could raise their pay scale to compete with other local manufacturing jobs.
Pros
Flexible shifts
Cons
Pay scale not great or competitive
Long and stressful days
Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Berea, KYMarch 13, 2019
12 Hours a day 7 days a week. Managment not good and the whole is not your normal employment. I would not recommend this for anyone. Under paid and over worked.
Great leadership
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Berea, KYMarch 13, 2019
I really enjoyed my job at Hitachi, the people were great and so was my direct leader. I left the company only because I found something much closer to home.
Pros
Awesome cafeteria
Cons
Poor management, Best to work if you want to Save up money
MACHINE OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Monroe, GAMarch 7, 2019
Your work schedule is not the schedule upon which you were hired to work. The pros are mainly the overtime, and the benefits. Sometimes you work 50+ hours a week. Depending on which building you are in you are sometimes on a six or seven day work schedule. They have 8,10, and 12 hour shifts. The legnths of the shifts vary by which building that you work in. There is really no proper training. If you catch on you catch on, and if you don't you're stuck doing something that is very dislikeable. Mainly I would suggest working here if you would like to save money quickly, because you can take advantage of the overtime offered.
Pros
benefits, overtime
Cons
management, team members attitudes, not being properly trained, leaders not telling workers what they do wrong so that they can correct it, alot of pettiness
Horrible workplace
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Berea, KYMarch 3, 2019
Worked there for 3 years and everything seems to slowly go downhill. Managers are not managers but a bunch of bullies that demand one thing but want another. When Human resources ask to do a survey, they tell us to answer differently si the management crew doesn't sound bad.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Benefits getting worse
Fast paced automotive plant
Production Control Planner (Former Employee) –  Berea, KYFebruary 18, 2019
A typical day at work began early organizing reports then checking in with my supervisors on the plant floor. My job required both computer skills and collaboration with the production lines.

I learned quite a lot from my time at Hitachi Automotive.
Pros
They are always willing to teach you new things.
Cons
Not a lot of job advancement opportunities.
Very enjoyable place to work.
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Harrodsburg, KYFebruary 17, 2019
I have enjoyed working at Hitachi for 32 years. My days were very busy but enjoyable. The management is awesome there.Very family oriented team environment.
Pros
Very family oriented.
Cons
Salary compared to similar company
Great work place if you were trying to build a career.
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Monroe, GAFebruary 15, 2019
Hitachi was 1 of the best jobs I have ever had. I went to work. I learned something new everyday. I enjoyed my time there. It was a great place to put in a application for. The people were friendly. The company overall was a great fit.i recommend anyone to work at Hitachi.
Pros
The overtime is great.
Cons
The breaks went by to fast
Totally enjoyed working here.
Product Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIFebruary 14, 2019
I totally enjoyed my time at Hitachi. The atmosphere was very good and our team had very good chemistry. At the time I was a bit overzealous probably should have stayed there longer.
Pros
Great team chemistry on project.
run as fast as you can
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Harrodsburg, KYFebruary 6, 2019
this place has mass layoffs every few years of 200+ people at a time often throwing people with 10+ years of seniority out on the street...then they blacklist these people to the local factories and those people tend to reapply often for lower wages and vacation time because they can't find local jobs..run like crazy folks..this is one shady factory that periodically takes a dump on its community
Pros
much of it is climate controlled, vacation time is good
Cons
pay sucks, mass layoffs periodically
It was a good place to work for
Design Engineering Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrodsburg, KYJanuary 29, 2019
The company itself was a great place to work, I felt that I would one day retire from there since I had worked there for 23 years, unfortunately I was laid off in Oct 1 2018 along with several others.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc Reviews by Location