Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc logo

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Good pay and good benefits.

Great benefits. Insurance is great and paid time off is great. The work/life balance is definitely there. At times feels like company doesn’t really know what they are doing. Overall people are pretty nice.

Pros

Benefits. Paid time off

Cons

Lay offs

I did final inspection on parts.

Final inspection included checking, scanning, and sorting multiple car parts. Ensuring no faulty parts would leave our facility. The hardest parts came when i was placed in another area, to check different parts, on my own. The pay was excellent, the work was rough.

I really lume working for this company. But i was working dor a temp service and i was put off work by my physician due to possibe cancer scare and while iwas on medical leave i was released from my position at this factory.

Good place to work but ONLY if you can get overtime.

Management has NO idea how to run this facility! Work orders are processed without having any parts in stock. They fire people that know what they are doing and keep people on that constantly cause damage to parts and machinery. Everything is SO random! It makes for a very insecure feeling as far as keeping a job there.

Check your brain at the door - only a couple of people are allowed to think

This used to be a great place to work until the changes in upper management that have virtually destroyed the culture. People used to have a sense of family at this place.

Pros

clean

Cons

abusive management

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

A good employer

Was challenged daily and trained well. Nice people. Great location. Excellent benefits including education benefits. Promotion opportunities. Travel opportunities.

It's OK. There are worse places

I enjoy working here overall. Just not ever on 1st shift. Production employees don't care about their job or have any pride. All 3 off-shifts are a different world. 2nd shift is the best of the 4. One problem though is if you continually screw up, nothing is done about it. Must be a Japanese thing as there are signs all over the place saying that you learn from your mistakes and always reveal them. Also, at least in maintenance, there is little to no training on anything. You're just thrown into the job and you might get to work with somebody to help you but in many cases you'll be put on a production line or several lines that you never had any clue on how to even operate them. That's when the production people come in and having a good relationship with them. Also with first shift I've seen first-hand where they sabotage the production lines as they leave their shift so that the next shift has trouble getting started because the off-shift do way better and production numbers than first shift even though first shift has extra people on the lines and double maintenance and all the engineers. Having a climate-controlled facility is really nice. Depending on where you work you might have to wear a smock or hair net but that's understandable working with electronics. There's a lot of automation which for me is a lot of fun. Many times though we'll pass along problems that need to be fixed on first shift and it will never get done. And I mean never! The company itself recently has had a pretty major reduction and people were picked by just because maybe one manager didn't like one -

Pros

Pretty easy work. Good benefits.

Cons

Training. Absolutely no communications from management. No one held accountable for anything.

Best place I've worked for so far!

I really love everything about my current job.They have given me lots of training and tool I need. It is faced paced and there is plenty of work to do. The people are mostly upbeat and positive.

Great People

Enjoyed working with the Hitachi team and made many friends. Being a contractor, I enjoyed lots of flexibility from working hours and time off. Management worked well with me and allowed me many opportunities.

Run by a bunch of GED educated farmers

If your not in the click with management your screwed. Lots of mandatory overtime. They pay less than similar places. No communication to employees at all.

Pros

You get paid every week

Cons

Terrible management and hr

Jobs at Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc

in Harrodsburg, KY
See more jobs

Great Insurance

Was a great place until the reduction!!! Now nobody knows! Uncertain about there future. Micromanagement on Team Members and Supervisors. Communication is lacking from HR group and upper management.

Pros

Insurance

Cons

Reduction of Employees// Management//12 hour shifts

Not so good anymore

Decent company! Management changes have caused morale to lower recently. Job security is no longer guaranteed at this company. Hitachi could raise their pay scale to compete with other local manufacturing jobs.

Pros

Flexible shifts

Cons

Pay scale not great or competitive

Very enjoyable place to work.

I have enjoyed working at Hitachi for 32 years. My days were very busy but enjoyable. The management is awesome there.Very family oriented team environment.

Pros

Very family oriented.

Cons

Salary compared to similar company

run as fast as you can

this place has mass layoffs every few years of 200+ people at a time often throwing people with 10+ years of seniority out on the street...then they blacklist these people to the local factories and those people tend to reapply often for lower wages and vacation time because they can't find local jobs..run like crazy folks..this is one shady factory that periodically takes a dump on its community

Pros

much of it is climate controlled, vacation time is good

Cons

pay sucks, mass layoffs periodically

It was a good place to work for

The company itself was a great place to work, I felt that I would one day retire from there since I had worked there for 23 years, unfortunately I was laid off in Oct 1 2018 along with several others.

Great Factory to Work In if You Have Weekend Shift

I worked here for 7 months through Nesco and it was one of the better jobs I've had, regardless of my meager pay through the temp service. I know I could have been given full time if only I had applied, but on the other hand I would have been sorely disappointed a few months later due to their huge lay-off of over 400 employees. If, however, you are not laid off at any time it's a good job to have and keep if you're looking to make anywhere between $12 and $16 an hour (base pay for ordinary factory work, maintenance and office positions have a much higher pay grade). I didn't receive benefits through Hitachi but I know their benefits are better than most factories and the pay on weekend shift is decent as well ($15-16). 12 hours a day for three days straight and 4 days off with optional over time (anything over 36 hours on weekend shifts is time and a half). Advancement isn't nearly as impossible to achieve as is in most factories if you work hard enough. Lunch is paid on weekend shifts as well. Only bad thing I have to say about this company is that there are a lot of perverts here and there seems to be a fair amount of favoritism.

Pros

Very nice cafeteria, reasonable pay, cake work, good benefits

Cons

Lots of perverts, favoritism, chance of being laid off

Quality Work

Very fast paced, the regular factory work that you would encounter. Very considerate of employees climate controlled and plenty of breaks given. Very nice higher management staff.

nice place to work

It was a nice place to work. I got laid off in a corporate restructuring. We were short staffed and being forced to work overtime and then they laid off several of us.

Pros

great beneifits

Cons

lower managemet never knows whats going on

Great Company Great Oportunitites

A typical day at work was spent walking around the lines and verifying the processes was to spec. If any repairs were done to the machines we made certain the process was still making customer required parts.

Pros

Matching 401K, Long term retirement worthy company, very supportive of their employees

Cons

restructure caused a lot of good people to loose jobs

Hitach

Great Co-workers. Upper Management has lost sight of things that make an employer great. I have seen many engineers laid off for no reason other than the company wants to increase profits to a point of running daily production so lean that any reasonable individual would be crazy not to leave.

Hitachi in a nutshell

Upper management not concerned about employee's welfare. Middle and lower management are excellent. The company tries to project an image of family but the truth is shown on the bottom line. Never provided needed training. Paid well for what I did. So overall mixed emotions.

Pros

Excellent manager

Cons

No loyalty to staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.7
InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
2.3Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc with

Learn about Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc in Harrodsburg, KY

See Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc ratings, salaries, jobs in Harrodsburg, KY