Hitachi Consulting Employee Reviews

Overalll Work Experience
Manager - U.S. Oracle Solutions (Former Employee) –  NY NYNovember 17, 2018
When I worked as a project manager at MF Global, situations were wonderful - logisitcs, living conditions, etc. However the stress level was very high but that is true of most projects, and we made it through!!!. We had multiple sucessful GO Lives!!! .
Good Company - High Turnover; Frequent Senior Management Changes
Payroll Manager, Americas Region (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 27, 2018
Hitachi Consulting is a good company for consultants and makes many opportunities available for them, however they don't promote or value support staff/administration. Senior management sends mixed messages about the state of the company. There is a high turnover rate.
Pros
Flexibility in Work Hours/Days
Cons
Company does not communicate effectively. There are no career bands or promotion
Great staring point for a young consultant to gain experience & skills
BI Architect & Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, PortlandOctober 11, 2018
Large company with variety of leadership & opportunities. I worked with some excellent, quality-minded folks and some that were challenging. This was a great place to get started and gain a base of skills and discipline. Often, a high-stress environment but then often a good work-life balance. HC was a classic big-five / Anderson Consulting management model where projects were often pitched by top-paid VPs and Directors and then worked by new hires & young, highly-motivated college grads. Given that, they had and healthy business culture that promoted strong working relationships and a good work ethic. Surprisingly, maintaining work/life balance and family culture. I enjoyed my seven years there but it was time to move on rather than climb the ladder of leadership.
Pros
Great work culture, strong work ethic & discipline, personal family values
Cons
Up or out advancement model. Hard to rest as a technology expert rather than management
Moving In A New Direction
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 26, 2018
Hitachi is moving to solution-based sales and away from traditional consulting where they focused on what they customer needed. Now it is what they want to sell.
Pros
Strong skill sets in experienced team members
Cons
Don't focus on experience but the new and shiny
Politics at its worst
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 22, 2018
Unfortunately, I had a disingenuous Sr Manager that I did not feel had me or my team's interests at heart. As the saying goes, employees leave managers, not organizations. I knew it was time to leave when I was told that doing great client work isn't enough, you have to be well known within the firm by joining several ERG's that have minimal to do with helping clients and everything to do with "creating your brand," which is code for winning the internal popularity contest. This wouldn't be as bad if the client work was a leading criteria for advancement. But after seeing that the skilled workers only get rewarded with more work and the popular folks get moved around due to their inability to perform, the politics became too much.
Great place to Work
Technical Lead/Developer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 2, 2018
Hitachi Provides End to End Solution, from Infrastructure to Software. In Hitachi, employee can balance there personal and career.
Great place to work.
Great company depending on which office you're in
SENIOR CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 4, 2018
The Seattle office provides a relaxed, supportive environment for anyone who is ready put in some work to build relationships.

The client set is not necessarily diverse, but entry pay is competitive and you don't need to have all the skills for the role they put you in, they will train you on the job. I think learned more from 3 years at HCC than I would have in 5+ in-house at another company.

The people are the biggest value prop for me, HCC manages to hire extremely kind, intelligent, and hardworking people. They hire a lot of young engineers, which leads to lots of fun happy hours and lunch groups to relieve some of the workday stresses.

The VPs are very engaged and interested in employee's well being and regularly set 1-1's and straight talk sessions. As expected with consulting, there is high turnover. Being a consultant at a company will always be different than being in-house. There's a lack of camaraderie with clients that cannot be attributed the consulting firm you work for.
Pros
People, entry pay, flexible hours
Cons
Bonus structure
Great Customers
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 29, 2018
Hitachi gave me the opportunity to work with many awesome customers and professionals. However, the Hitachi team wasn't so great. There was no money for professional development. All for one and none for all attitude.
Pros
Flex hours, great customers
Cons
Everyone is out for themselves
Fast paced; hard work.
Senior Consultant II / Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TxMarch 12, 2018
I'd worked within Hitachi Consulting as a consultant. Assigned work-sites varied every two weeks, not giving much time to develop personal relationships. Each assignment involved different IT architectures, corporate cultures, and bureaucracies.

The only constant was to deliver high-quality software artifacts fast.
Pros
Technology foot-prints changed often.
Cons
Little time to master any one, given technology.
Company conducting illegal activities
Manager - QM System Design (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 25, 2018
This company is under SEC jurisdiction for the largest anti-trust lawsuit by the SEC for setting up virtual companies in Africa in order to gain contracts in the utilities industry within Africa.
Lack of global strategy and too many silos fighting for political power
Global Solutions Sales (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAFebruary 22, 2018
Company is isolated inside the Hitachi Group and can't leverage Corporate Vision and Culture. Competes with other Hitachi Subsidiaries and grows very slowly. CEO should focus in defining a strategy role for Hitachi Consulting under the Hitachi Corporation and seek for real partnership and joint go to market with the other companies in the group.
Pros
Be part of a very innovative global group.
Cons
Highly political
Awesome corporate culture and people
HR Office Partner (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 8, 2018
I thoroughly enjoy working with the people at Hitachi. Everyone is friendly, eager to help, great working attitudes, forward thinking. Flexible schedule and able to set my own. Working from home has been great as I can get work done and paid for the hours I would have otherwise spend in traffic.
Pros
Flexible working schedule, work from home
Cons
Personally, in need of a full time work schedule, not much room to advance in my role
Good place to work for early graduates
CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 23, 2018
Great place to work you have recently graduated from college as you will get tons of ERP experience and the ability to work various projects. The Management Team was a little under experienced and were more like "watchers" versus leaders but this was some time ago so hopefully they've made the transition to Leading more than watching.
Good, overall
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 22, 2018
Hitachi consulting was a good company but it lacked some of the structure that is needed in order to create a long lasting career. You have to be very intentional about trying to find ways to accelerate your career. Great work culture, though.
HR Office Partner (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 10, 2018
Excellent work life balance. Management is stellar.Culture is supportive and fair. Hitachi has a knack of hiring the right people. Choosing them is wise.
Hitachi Consulting is a great place to work!
Finance & Accounting Manager / Controller (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 10, 2018
Hitachi Consulting has been a fun and exciting place to work. I was able to create many new and interesting Financial Reporting spreadsheets and business decision making tools for our Energy Savings Solutions team.
Management Consultant
Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MANovember 15, 2017
Effective knowledge sharing among consultants
Engagements were not organized effectively - a fair amount of rework and lost time
Learned about the entire life cycle of a consulting engagement
Pros
Learning
Cons
Poor salary
Outstanding Group of People
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 10, 2017
Led by many veterans of ERP, HISOL is an outstanding place to work, with a global reach. Being part of Hitachi Corporation, one of the largest Corporations in the world is a great asset, and gives one a global view.
Pros
Global Company
Working environment was not supportive
Senior Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 10, 2017
I was pleased and happy to become part of the Hitachi Consulting practice. My role was Business Development Senior Executive, During my tenure with Hitachi Consulting, I found many realistic and credible opportunities. Support from senior executives and managers was severely deficient and lacking. This fact made my ability to be independent and innovative problematic at times. I ended up leaving Hitachi Consulting, because Hitachi chose to eliminate that particular aspect of its business landscape. This action was taken by Hitachi with no advance notice.
Pros
Cons
Little support from Senior Management.
Too little time and interaction to give a comprehensive review except the comment below.
Contract Consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 9, 2017
It is a one-time contract under special circumstances and work was carried out at customer premise and from home. So did not interact much with other staff from Hitachi Consulting other than 1 Senior Manager and 1 project manager. Both of them worked very hard like us to complete the job on time and well within budget !

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hitachi Consulting. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Hitachi Consulting.

Powered by Comparably