Hitachi Consulting Employee Reviews

Moving In A New Direction
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 26, 2018
Hitachi is moving to solution-based sales and away from traditional consulting where they focused on what they customer needed. Now it is what they want to sell.
Pros
Strong skill sets in experienced team members
Cons
Don't focus on experience but the new and shiny
Politics at its worst
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 22, 2018
Unfortunately, I had a disingenuous Sr Manager that I did not feel had me or my team's interests at heart. As the saying goes, employees leave managers, not organizations. I knew it was time to leave when I was told that doing great client work isn't enough, you have to be well known within the firm by joining several ERG's that have minimal to do with helping clients and everything to do with "creating your brand," which is code for winning the internal popularity contest. This wouldn't be as bad if the client work was a leading criteria for advancement. But after seeing that the skilled workers only get rewarded with more work and the popular folks get moved around due to their inability to perform, the politics became too much.
Great place to Work
Technical Lead/Developer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 2, 2018
Hitachi Provides End to End Solution, from Infrastructure to Software. In Hitachi, employee can balance there personal and career.
Great place to work.
Great company depending on which office you're in
SENIOR CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 4, 2018
The Seattle office provides a relaxed, supportive environment for anyone who is ready put in some work to build relationships.

The client set is not necessarily diverse, but entry pay is competitive and you don't need to have all the skills for the role they put you in, they will train you on the job. I think learned more from 3 years at HCC than I would have in 5+ in-house at another company.

The people are the biggest value prop for me, HCC manages to hire extremely kind, intelligent, and hardworking people. They hire a lot of young engineers, which leads to lots of fun happy hours and lunch groups to relieve some of the workday stresses.

The VPs are very engaged and interested in employee's well being and regularly set 1-1's and straight talk sessions. As expected with consulting, there is high turnover. Being a consultant at a company will always be different than being in-house. There's a lack of camaraderie with clients that cannot be attributed the consulting firm you work for.
Pros
People, entry pay, flexible hours
Cons
Bonus structure
Great Customers
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 29, 2018
Hitachi gave me the opportunity to work with many awesome customers and professionals. However, the Hitachi team wasn't so great. There was no money for professional development. All for one and none for all attitude.
Pros
Flex hours, great customers
Cons
Everyone is out for themselves
Fast paced; hard work.
Senior Consultant II / Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TxMarch 12, 2018
I'd worked within Hitachi Consulting as a consultant. Assigned work-sites varied every two weeks, not giving much time to develop personal relationships. Each assignment involved different IT architectures, corporate cultures, and bureaucracies.

The only constant was to deliver high-quality software artifacts fast.
Pros
Technology foot-prints changed often.
Cons
Little time to master any one, given technology.
Company conducting illegal activities
Manager - QM System Design (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 25, 2018
This company is under SEC jurisdiction for the largest anti-trust lawsuit by the SEC for setting up virtual companies in Africa in order to gain contracts in the utilities industry within Africa.
Lack of global strategy and too many silos fighting for political power
Global Solutions Sales (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAFebruary 22, 2018
Company is isolated inside the Hitachi Group and can't leverage Corporate Vision and Culture. Competes with other Hitachi Subsidiaries and grows very slowly. CEO should focus in defining a strategy role for Hitachi Consulting under the Hitachi Corporation and seek for real partnership and joint go to market with the other companies in the group.
Pros
Be part of a very innovative global group.
Cons
Highly political
Awesome corporate culture and people
HR Office Partner (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 8, 2018
I thoroughly enjoy working with the people at Hitachi. Everyone is friendly, eager to help, great working attitudes, forward thinking. Flexible schedule and able to set my own. Working from home has been great as I can get work done and paid for the hours I would have otherwise spend in traffic.
Pros
Flexible working schedule, work from home
Cons
Personally, in need of a full time work schedule, not much room to advance in my role
Good place to work for early graduates
CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 23, 2018
Great place to work you have recently graduated from college as you will get tons of ERP experience and the ability to work various projects. The Management Team was a little under experienced and were more like "watchers" versus leaders but this was some time ago so hopefully they've made the transition to Leading more than watching.
Good, overall
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 22, 2018
Hitachi consulting was a good company but it lacked some of the structure that is needed in order to create a long lasting career. You have to be very intentional about trying to find ways to accelerate your career. Great work culture, though.
HR Office Partner (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 10, 2018
Excellent work life balance. Management is stellar.Culture is supportive and fair. Hitachi has a knack of hiring the right people. Choosing them is wise.
Hitachi Consulting is a great place to work!
Finance & Accounting Manager / Controller (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 10, 2018
Hitachi Consulting has been a fun and exciting place to work. I was able to create many new and interesting Financial Reporting spreadsheets and business decision making tools for our Energy Savings Solutions team.
Management Consultant
Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MANovember 15, 2017
Effective knowledge sharing among consultants
Engagements were not organized effectively - a fair amount of rework and lost time
Learned about the entire life cycle of a consulting engagement
Pros
Learning
Cons
Poor salary
Outstanding Group of People
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 10, 2017
Led by many veterans of ERP, HISOL is an outstanding place to work, with a global reach. Being part of Hitachi Corporation, one of the largest Corporations in the world is a great asset, and gives one a global view.
Pros
Global Company
Working environment was not supportive
Senior Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 10, 2017
I was pleased and happy to become part of the Hitachi Consulting practice. My role was Business Development Senior Executive, During my tenure with Hitachi Consulting, I found many realistic and credible opportunities. Support from senior executives and managers was severely deficient and lacking. This fact made my ability to be independent and innovative problematic at times. I ended up leaving Hitachi Consulting, because Hitachi chose to eliminate that particular aspect of its business landscape. This action was taken by Hitachi with no advance notice.
Pros
Cons
Little support from Senior Management.
Too little time and interaction to give a comprehensive review except the comment below.
Contract Consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 9, 2017
It is a one-time contract under special circumstances and work was carried out at customer premise and from home. So did not interact much with other staff from Hitachi Consulting other than 1 Senior Manager and 1 project manager. Both of them worked very hard like us to complete the job on time and well within budget !
Good Company
Solution Architect (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 10, 2017
Great place to start your consulting career. Company is trying to enter the solution consulting market. This new change in direction is not working out for the company (caused lot of layoffs).
Great culture and talented teams
Head of Global Data Office (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 5, 2017
This is a strong company backed by a very large capability in IoT and Analytics. The research teams help lend depth to consultants and allow Hitachi to focus on cutting edge solutions which often differentiate well in the market place. The teams are well balanced and the corporate culture does well to look after and grow careers. Lately in moving to a solutions focus their core strength with named accounts proves to not provide the vision needed to be a market leader due to operations leading some of the initiatives. Innovation is lacking due to this but the company itself is a great place to work
Pros
Monthly get togethers with teams
Cons
Lack of vision in a disruptive market
Project-Based and Learned a Lot
SENIOR MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 4, 2017
Loved the opportunity to work at some many client sites. Great support structure and place to learn. Some travel is weekly and that gets hard after a while.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hitachi Consulting. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight