Hitachi Vantara Employee Reviews

Much to do
PM (Current Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 27, 2018
During transformation, Hitachi Vantara needs to align more closely with the desired goals.

These goals are not easy to attain, but there needs to be better buy-in.
Great ideas, can be tough to bring about change
HR Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 20, 2018
Hitachi Vantara is a subsidiary of the parent company in Japan. A majority of the leadership for the US is located in Santa Clara, CA. There is a "big business" mentality that can hinder the ability to bring new ideas and change.
Pros
Work remote is regularly available
Cons
Peer or cultural expectation for work above and beyond norms
I was in Hitachi Vantara just for couple of month
IoT Solutions Architect/Software Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WANovember 2, 2018
I was in Hitachi Vantara just for couple of month. After the company conducted a global reorganzation, the entire team was dismissed, and we weren't offered any internal position.
good place to work
QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 1, 2018
good place to work, like it here. Good building, management and open environment.

Japanese and indian teammates, if you want to work with international team members.
productive and fun work place
Senior Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 11, 2018
allows you the opportunity to grow and move with the company.
flexible hours and shifts.
good working environment with no dull day.
good training with a corporate lab.
A driven culture supported through peers
Strategic Solutions Architect (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 28, 2018
Product Management is a blessing to work with. They gather the proper data sets and forward their competitive data to engineering to create a quality product that sales can then offer to the enterprises globally.
Company is going through a cultural change
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA 95050August 14, 2018
Tons of layoffs, management not sure of the direction. No longer an enjoyable place of employment. Continued layoffs over the last 2 years. New management has no idea how to manage.
Pros
great benefits. Work remotely
Cons
No company direction, continued layoffs over the last few years, management has no idea how to manage
Na
Senior Solutions Engineer (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILAugust 2, 2018
It is a descent company to work for, but make sure you focus on career advancement even if the company does not back you. Time may come when you will need those skills.
Great Company
Strategic Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 23, 2018
Great Company to work for.

The company treats employees with respect and provides growth and training to further career.

Work life balance is the main reason I stayed and worked for this company for over 9 years now.
Good place to learn about enterprise storage
Director Product Management (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 18, 2018
Good place to learn about enterprise storage technologies related to Flash/Hybrid arrays.Lot of opportunities to learn and collaborate with engineering and marketing
Avoid This Sinking Ship
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  United StatesJuly 8, 2018
What was once a great company to work for is being destroyed by terrible middle management. The management refuses to pay yearly cost of living adjustments or performance raises, this has been going on for years. In this same period of time we have seen downsizing measures take place repeatedly, despite sales teams bragging about record sales and profits. This downsizing has forced more stressful working conditions on those that remain employed. Middle managers that have very little understanding of how the job needs to be performed promote/force a negligent work ethic, valuing quantity over quality.

They will ask for advice on how to improve their half baked processes, if you do happen to provide constructive feedback they dismiss it and then target you for retaliation. A hostile work environment.

Do yourself a huge favor and find a better job elsewhere.
Benefits
Good place to grow, not long-term for everyone
Production Associate II (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKJune 18, 2018
Hitachi has always tried to encourage a culture built around its employees. I experienced positives and negatives, but will take the positives with me always.
Bait and Switch Cost Me
Acting Data Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, COMay 28, 2018
My role at Hitachi was supposed to be development focused, but this changed two months into the role as my team was dismantled and a first-time manager was placed over me. Growth from that time on was impossible even though I proved I was capable of delivering more. The culture in the office became stressful, and executives refuse to staff for actual business needs.
Pros
401(k) match
Cons
Executive vision
nice culture
Global Technical Account Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 25, 2018
The company is transforming and rapid changes in organization design, leadership, and personnel are happening since 2017. The people that work here are great and the culture is friendly.
Great Company Culture
District Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMay 22, 2018
Hitachi Vantara (Data Systems) had amazing people during my career. We also had a great work/life balance and the sales teams were great to work with. Lots of executive management changes in my 7 years there. No real job progressions for most roles, however the majority of roles were filled from within.
Pros
Great People, Great Management
Cons
Little Job Progressions
Always have a back-up plan
Configuration Strategist (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILMay 22, 2018
In the ever re-organizing workplace of Hitachi Vantara, be prepared to have your job eliminated. Here is a company that cannot decide what they want to do... first they are going to sell Storage, then they are going to get into Unified Computing, then they are going to jump onto the IoT bandwagon, and now they are back to focusing on selling Storage again because it made money. Honestly, this company's management cannot decide what they want to do other than follow the poor advice they pay Deloitte for. And even a name change from Hitachi Data Systems is not going to save this company.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No raises or career development. Poor management.
Great Tech Company
Software QA Analyst/ DITA CMS Administrator (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 21, 2018
Adopting new technologies in IOT and Data Systems, excellent work culture, knowlegeable engineering teams, allows telecommuting, great to work for!!!!
Experience at Hitachi
Solutions Consultant Enterprise (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 18, 2018
I had a good experience during my time at Hitachi. I was able to help solve customer's business and technology problems. I was able to learn new skills in a real world setting and use them to help my customers. I was always honest with my customers and tried to be their trusted advisor instead of a Vendor. I always had the support of my manager and management team and we worked well as a District team. There truly was a work/life balance at Hitachi.
Pros
Flexible work schedules, management support, team collaboration
Cons
No raise
A nice company to work for
District Sales Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 17, 2018
A nice company to work for that treated their employees with respect and I enjoyed my 7 years with Hitachi. They are trying to invent themselves and I certainly hope they are able to turn the corner to success
Great Work Life Balance - Poor Management
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 16, 2018
The hours can be trying at times but unlimited PTO & work from home aspect allow employees to accommodate other activities in life apart from work as long as you get your work done.
Pros
Work life Balance
Cons
Advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hitachi Vantara. Our community is ready to answer.