Hitchiner Manufacturing Employee Reviews

slave drivers
Group Lead, Torque Bar (Former Employee) –  Milford, NHMarch 19, 2018
the mgmt expects the employees to follow in line like a bunch of herded cattle. not bad if you have no life. or if you want any time off. Mandatory overtime was not cool when it is every week.
Not a bad company to work for
METAL CELL OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Milford, NHFebruary 21, 2018
It is manufacturing and I am doing production. It can be slightly challenging at times, and at times a bit boring. Most people you work with are okay, some are just there for the paycheck, not caring about the quality of their work. I do not think the management recognizes a job well-done, nor realizes what would increase happiness and productivity.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
A bit dull
Coworkers were great, management wasn't, and too much overtime
Metal Cell Operator (Former Employee) –  Milford, NHFebruary 16, 2018
I worked the night shift in the metal cell and found that for the most part, the job was great. Coworkers were great and the work was relatively satisfying. There quickly came a point, however, when they were mandating overtime every week, 6-8 hours, leaving only one day off to recuperate. On top of this, we were often coming in to no room to work (our shift started before the former shift left) and almost nothing to work on. We would be given batches that we had no clue what to do with and little to no instruction on what we were supposed to be doing.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Too much overtime
It's good.
Wax Cell Operator (Former Employee) –  Milford, NHDecember 10, 2017
It's good for people coming straight out of high school, the pay is good and the hours are steady, but wouldn't want to retire there only because the environment is very stressful.
was a long time ago
shotpeener (Former Employee) –  Littleton, NHDecember 5, 2017
Overall a nice place to work. They no longer operate in Littleton and are only down south. Factory work was not for me at the time, but who knows, maybe it might be for you???
Fun, friendly, fast paced work environment
Wax cell operator (Former Employee) –  Milford, NHOctober 16, 2017
The people you work with are fun and friendly and the work is like arts and crafts. It's a fast paced work environment so there's always something to do to keep yourself busy.
Very challenging company to work for
Metal cell operator (Current Employee) –  Milford, NHSeptember 7, 2017
Hitchiner is a very challenging company to work for, they always seem to be behind, and mandatory overtime is constant, very poor training and management takes no personnel responsibility. they have a very strict attendance policy with no room for era, no sick time, must use vacation time for sick time. health benefits are very poor, my health benefits has a 6,000 dollar out of pocket expense before they will cover anything.
Pros
Good Co-worker environment
Cons
Too much overtime, poor benefits, employer/employee relationship
Beneficial work place!
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Milford, NHSeptember 4, 2017
I have many mixed feelings about this job. It has many benefits such as decent pay, excessive overtime opportunities, health and dental care, etc. However I'm finding it very difficult balancing work and life while working here. Shifts are early for me, though you can choose between the shifts 6:30am-3:00pm, 3:00pm-11:30pm, and 11pm-7:00am, so if I wanted to go in early to get overtime, I have to be in bed by 8 or 9 to make sure I'm not falling asleep the next day.
Pros
benefits, overtime, management
Cons
time off, hours
Great Benifits
Group Lead and CMM/ Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Milford, NHAugust 21, 2017
Good benefits only plus side of working here. No sick time you have to use vacations time in order to call out you have 3 CIV's awful system. Co worker are like anywhere you have ever worked.
Pros
Good Benifits
Cons
Managements, and pay
Not a bad place to work.
Machine specialist (Current Employee) –  Milford, NHJune 20, 2017
If your good at what you do, there is a good chance you won't be promoted away from the job. They have improved the way they help the employees through medical and maintain a green earth policy. Commendable accomplishments. They don't respect the average production worker and treat them as expendable, a double standard.
ambiente de trabajo tenso (estresante)
electronico, mantenimiento cnc (Current Employee) –  mexicoMay 24, 2017
Es algo estresante por el hecho de que te piden aportar a la empresa trabajo, ideas de mejora y no hay una retribución igual por parte de la empresa.
Pros
seguro medico, vales de despesa y fondo de ahorro
Cons
no hay coffe break
Wouldn't recommend
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Milford, NHMay 10, 2017
Would not recommend Hitchiner at all to anyone. They are not really a fair place to work.. Pay is fair..they will also make you do lots of overtime. You will not have a family life.
Great job for hard working people but mandatory overtime throughout summer
Cell Operator (Former Employee) –  Milford, NHMarch 22, 2017
I loved my time at Hitchiner! My direct supervisors were always very helpful and it was easy for me to cross train and advance my career here. This company does enforce some very strict rules. They are very concerned about the bottom line more than anything else but the benefits are the best I have ever had access to and the ability to learn on the job is quite useful for me. Subcontractors are paid a lot more than employees and the pay rate for most positions seems to be below the national average. I was able to make good money doing overtime each week and its balanced considering the phenomenal health benefits offered. I wish they would not do mandatory overtime through the summer months. I was never able to bring my family camping while I worked there.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Milford, NHFebruary 15, 2017
Good Management, Good work / life balance
good interaction with all levels of management
Competitive salary
Clean work environment
No job security what so ever
Set-up Operator (Former Employee) –  Milford, NHDecember 4, 2016
Will use you and give you raises until they get through their "rough" spells then fire you any chance they get regardless if you have perfect attendance and no black marks on your file, prime example of nickel and dime. They are all about money and making their targets...you are just a number and no flexibility nor respect for persons on any position. Once the target is reach you become of no use to them and your gone. This is not a company to plan anything long term in. Their turn over rate is huge. Training is horrible. And the manner you are spoken to and treated is patronizing and crass . Horrible company to work for, Has a total lack of propriety. Fires people every year around the holidays, to save and pinch pennies on the annual bonus. If your a temp or haven't made it through your 90 days and a bonus is issued, you do not get one even of you worked towards that bonus.
Pros
Decent pay, overtime
Cons
No job security, no privacy (like high school)
Productive, employees like family.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milford, NHNovember 18, 2016
Pep-direct was a good company, I directed all manufacturing activities for the payment processing center. Management worked very hard to make sure everyone was involved in having discussions on day to day operations.
Team approach great employees
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milford, NHNovember 18, 2016
Set up daily work schedules to meet customer requirements. Hitchiners had a team approach and worked together to make sure we met production needs and helped the team grow.
fast paced
Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Littleton, NHAugust 11, 2016
The co workers are like family, My part of the Hitchiner Co. was a stressful at times. long days and short weekends. It was a rush rush day.
Pros
401k, benefits
Unrealistic Expectations
Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Milford, NHMay 22, 2016
Did more than one job. Long hours expected including some Saturdays. Job required about 40% heavy manual labor but was never discussed at all in the job description or during the multiple interviews with numerous people and typically not expected from a production planner job role.
Pros
good 401k matching plan; paid well
Cons
all sick appointments, lab work, etc. went to $3, 000.00/person deductible
Helped me support my family for many years.
ADVANCED GRINDER - Gas Turbine Division (Former Employee) –  Milford, NHOctober 8, 2015
I always felt stability there, and some of the people were fun to work with. Flexible weekend overtime. Too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter.
Pros
Good hours, flexible overtime, good benefits.
Cons
Pay scale was lower than the cost of living, environment was uncomfortable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hitchiner Manufacturing. Our community is ready to answer.

Hitchiner Manufacturing Reviews by Location