HITT Contracting Inc. Employee Reviews

Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 18, 2018
Would have not resigned, but due to a personal injury at home, I made the choice to resign. I started as a lower position, but Hitt madenit easy to learn and gain the knowledge necessary to advance. I was able to secure a better position and increase my salary
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Stressful deadlines
Great company
Construction Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 28, 2018
I completed two summer internships with Hitt and a semester internship required by my University. In the field I helped implement the site safety program, maintained important documents using procore, wrote daily reports on progress/manpower, and did quality control to make sure things being built were built according the plans/specs. In the office I performed assistant project manager roles and helped with the administration side of construction. I helped create schedules using Microsoft Project, reviewed bid documents from subcontractors, performed some estimating using blubeam, and wrote the weekly meeting minutes.
Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJuly 31, 2018
HITT management does not communicate enough with their employees. They have acquired a few new offices which has forced the company to restructure resulting in many employee departures in one way or another. Workloads can be very heavy to the point that you are working on your own time in the evenings and weekends.
Pros
Gym
Cons
Communication
Great Company
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 7, 2018
Good company to work for. Very detail oriented, stays original but willing to change with the times. Willing to promote from within which is a good thing.
Pros
Loyalty
Cons
Upper management more worried about whether you shined your shoes or shaved.
n/a
Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJune 20, 2018
Work life balance is interesting. Very flexible. Managers are experienced and willing to succeed in growth. Needs a little more structure for onboarding employees.
High expectations for results and real opportunities
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 6, 2013
HITT provides excellent opportunities for those who are willing to work hard. The compensation can be good, but the job is very demanding.

Management suffers from a lack of forward vision, like much of the industry, preferring to avoid any real innovation when it comes to technology.

Good management practices are intended only as window dressing without any real substance, and the focus is put on professional relationships. For better or for worse this formula, combine with putting the client first in all accounts, leads to success.

Expect the same types of questionable ethics that the vast majority of general contractors utilize.
Pros
Excellent benefits and opportunities for promotion
Cons
Cronyism, superficiality, innovative inertia
Organizational issues
Accounts Payable Manager (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAAugust 27, 2018
Not a good experience in Corporate Accounting Department. No CFO and Controller is a lying, manipulating micro manager who typically doesn't know what she is talking about.
Doing what i like in environmental place to work, very nice.
Paint Foreman (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VASeptember 15, 2016
Going work at different buildings, painting, spraying, rolling, doing a lot different things, talking with my superintendent about how work gonna be done, sharing ideas to get less time in finish the job , saving materials to the company, getting more work for everyone and keep working with fun and energy to complete our goals is one of my dream and every job I work.
Pros
We have two times break, working safe every day.
Cons
All benefits are good
Large & Stable Company
Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VASeptember 24, 2017
HITT is a large company that continues to grow with outstanding owners/leadership. As far company culture goes, they are very competitive, cut-throat and very fast-paced; you really have to prove yourself & work long hours to make it. Accounting management is poor, has disconnect with their project accountants & there's no trust.
Great Leadership
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAMarch 17, 2018
HITT Contracting has an outstanding level of upper leadership where they explain all complex problems and get everyone in the project involved. I would recommend to a friend.
Stressful, high-paced, long hours
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJanuary 21, 2018
HITT is a great GC. You get paid fairly but you work long days and weeks. It;s not uncommon to work 60+ hour weeks. The culture of the company overall is great.
Top of the line organizational structure
Construction Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VADecember 7, 2012
Project Manager and Construction Superintendent coordination delivers top quality job deliveries.
Pros
bonuses; benefits
Cons
time on jobs
Great company
Project Accountant (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAApril 3, 2015
I love working here. My co-workers are fantastic and the perks are great. My only complaint is that the health benefits are less than desirable.
Your experience at HITT will be directly related to the Team your on
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMarch 25, 2013
Each division (Hospitality, Institution, Law, Health Care, Interiors, etc) have their own style of management, softwares used (blue beam, constructware, drop box, Ftp.) everything from the way subs access bid documents, documentation, punchlists, and managements expectations on hours and the way projects are run is strictly dependent upon your team. HITT can be a great place to work, where you feel you are creating an impact, learning tons, and a place you enjoy spending 12 hours a day.... or it can be pure hell where you can be made to feel miserable. Really it comes down to you and the team your on, so be sure no matter what position your pursuing, whether its Senior PM, or Assistant PM meet your team and assess your fit prior to accepting any position.
Pros
tons of existing contacts, projects, and opportunity for work & development
Cons
each sector is completely different experience, and in certain divisions a work life balance may be difficult
wonderful group of people great environment
CONSTRUCTION SUPERINTENDENT (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 5, 2018
great place to work quality staff wonderful environment , all the tools,and equipment needed to perform the project, and all the backup required for any problem
From a Temps Viewpoint
Data Integrity Specialist (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VASeptember 21, 2016
Working for HITT was one of the best places I could have been. Though work can be hard and even demanding at time, if you can do the work and show that you know what you are doing, you can making it there.

My only big issue is the upper management who seemed to feel throughout my time there that it wasn't needed. My manager couldn't hire me because management felt I wasn't needed. In the end they got a college student, divided my work into five people and said my contract was finished

Great place to work and good people, just pray your position isn't up for questioning or it's just a matter of time before your gone.
Pros
Professional, a sense of family, and good work ethics
Cons
Near close zero tolerance to messing up
Don't fool around
Data Integrity Specialist (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMay 27, 2016
Working for HITT Contracting as a temp for two years, I had a unique overview how the company ran from an upper management view.

For starters, once you officially start, you start without much hand-holding and are expected to do YOUR JOB without much issue. Sure you can ask tons of questions, but if you can not preform your duties you will be heading out the door very fast.

The company is split on whether it wants to stay family orientated or go more Corporate America. They are a growing company and your manager will value you if your a hard worker.

Lastly, the company does have a bit of an image and felt it not right to hire a temp who has been with the company for so long, instead, it would be better to have someone from college. What I can gleam from this is the company image wants to look young, and show that they get people straight from college and not that they need help like from a temp agency.
Pros
You can be on your own, but your always part of a team.
Cons
No room for mistakes and company drama
Good work-life balance
Associate (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAApril 10, 2017
HITT has done a good job of providing work-life balance and flexibility. The company is growing fast, and with that comes issues of management training.
Not the place for me
assistant project manager (Former Employee) –  South Florida, FLDecember 13, 2015
Work life balance is non existent. Management disconnected. The amount of hours that you put in is not worth the pay. Work load is too much. They squeeze as much out of you as they can. Lots of inter office gossip. As a result high turnover.
Pros
Cons
Work life balance
ers t mana
Traveling Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 23, 2012
Enjoyed working with my subs 98% of time .I learned alot about how uper management can let you down.Most of my Project managers were wonderful to work with sense I was the only Hitt employee on site.The hardest part of my job would be finding subs to replace subs that no show . And compleating project on time.But this just challanged me. I enjoyed solving problems and haiving the right soloution for my PM when thay ask what we could do.I loved the traveling part and meeting new people&seeing new places
Pros
paid vacition/ perdiem paid/detal&health paid / veichel allonce& mileage
Cons
long hrs/7days/ visit home after project compleated if lucky