HITT CONTRACTING INC. Employee Reviews

Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 18, 2018
Would have not resigned, but due to a personal injury at home, I made the choice to resign. I started as a lower position, but Hitt madenit easy to learn and gain the knowledge necessary to advance. I was able to secure a better position and increase my salary
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Stressful deadlines
Great Leadership
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAMarch 17, 2018
HITT Contracting has an outstanding level of upper leadership where they explain all complex problems and get everyone in the project involved. I would recommend to a friend.
Terrible Place to work for
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2017
Avoid at all cost. lies, untrusting and totally self serving, Employees doesn't matter. VP are totally clueless and bullies.Lie to Clients, claim they have experiences in various field but can't do any of it. Say away at all cost.
Pros
None i can think of.
Cons
Think of your worst experience and times it by 100.
Big League GC
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMay 10, 2017
Working for HITT is like playing in the big leagues. They compensate you well, but they demand high octane performance. The bonus structure is phenomenal.
Productive Company
Project Manager/Estimator (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMarch 13, 2017
HITT Contracting, is a great company to work for projects can be small service type projects or large 300,000 sf buildouts for the same client. HITT has amazing support systems in place for its Project Managers.
satisfactory
Laborer carpenter helper (Former Employee) –  VIRGINIAFebruary 27, 2017
A typical days work is assisting the sub contractors in cleaning internal building.The work place is not diverse enough.
The hardest part of job is driving to different sites most of the sites are long driving.
Don't fool around
Data Integrity Specialist (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMay 27, 2016
Working for HITT Contracting as a temp for two years, I had a unique overview how the company ran from an upper management view.

For starters, once you officially start, you start without much hand-holding and are expected to do YOUR JOB without much issue. Sure you can ask tons of questions, but if you can not preform your duties you will be heading out the door very fast.

The company is split on whether it wants to stay family orientated or go more Corporate America. They are a growing company and your manager will value you if your a hard worker.

Lastly, the company does have a bit of an image and felt it not right to hire a temp who has been with the company for so long, instead, it would be better to have someone from college. What I can gleam from this is the company image wants to look young, and show that they get people straight from college and not that they need help like from a temp agency.
Pros
You can be on your own, but your always part of a team.
Cons
No room for mistakes and company drama
Not the place for me
assistant project manager (Former Employee) –  South Florida, FLDecember 13, 2015
Work life balance is non existent. Management disconnected. The amount of hours that you put in is not worth the pay. Work load is too much. They squeeze as much out of you as they can. Lots of inter office gossip. As a result high turnover.
Pros
Cons
Work life balance
superintendent (Former Employee) –  washington, dcSeptember 30, 2015
They are an alright company.They should look at some of the people that are in upper management. There are some internal problems that the Owners should stop and take a look at. Sometimes it should not be about the almighty dollar, but about the people that make the dollar for them.
Pros
training and health insurance
Cons
way to many VP/ WAY TO MUCH MICRO MANAGEMENT
Great company
Project Accountant (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAApril 3, 2015
I love working here. My co-workers are fantastic and the perks are great. My only complaint is that the health benefits are less than desirable.
High expectations for results and real opportunities
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 6, 2013
HITT provides excellent opportunities for those who are willing to work hard. The compensation can be good, but the job is very demanding.

Management suffers from a lack of forward vision, like much of the industry, preferring to avoid any real innovation when it comes to technology.

Good management practices are intended only as window dressing without any real substance, and the focus is put on professional relationships. For better or for worse this formula, combine with putting the client first in all accounts, leads to success.

Expect the same types of questionable ethics that the vast majority of general contractors utilize.
Pros
Excellent benefits and opportunities for promotion
Cons
Cronyism, superficiality, innovative inertia
ers t mana
Traveling Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 23, 2012
Enjoyed working with my subs 98% of time .I learned alot about how uper management can let you down.Most of my Project managers were wonderful to work with sense I was the only Hitt employee on site.The hardest part of my job would be finding subs to replace subs that no show . And compleating project on time.But this just challanged me. I enjoyed solving problems and haiving the right soloution for my PM when thay ask what we could do.I loved the traveling part and meeting new people&seeing new places
Pros
paid vacition/ perdiem paid/detal&health paid / veichel allonce& mileage
Cons
long hrs/7days/ visit home after project compleated if lucky