HME Employee Reviews

Amazing People, Beautiful Building, Poor Management and Location
Admin (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJuly 7, 2018
The culture is AMAZING at HME; it truly feels like a family. Everyone is helpful and encouraging. Benefits are okay, nothing special. Vacation time is always a plus, if your managers let you use it... The best/worst part about HME is that people like it so much, the turnover rate is pretty low in most departments. That being said, it's pretty hard to advance in your career there. They recently moved from Poway to Carlsbad, which increased the commute for a vast majority of the employees. Management tried to accommodate by allowing some employees to telecommute a couple days a week. However, who gets to telecommute is at the manager's discretion, which does not sit well with some employees. In general, the management at HME needs to be restructured as a whole; there are a lot of "this department is doing this wrong" and nothing is getting fixed. If you're the type of person that clocks into work and goes on autopilot, this company is perfect for you.
Pros
Nice facility, good culture
Cons
management style, location
My Time
Desktop Support Technician II (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJune 19, 2018
The employees were very nice. I made friends in all departments because I had to assist every department. I learned a lot about my position at the company. It was at times stressful but, for the most part relaxed. The hardest part about the job was deciding when to take vacation. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
Pros
People
Cons
The job was fun fine due to my co workers
SHIPPING CLERK (Current Employee) –  Poway, CAApril 4, 2018
Typical day at work was pretty fun other than the gossip of one being.
I learned a lot about AX and Avante which are applications to make tracking and shipping products easy.
Management was pretty good because he trusted everyone to do their jobs without micro-management.
Fun place
Assembler Tester II (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAMarch 30, 2018
It's is great company to work for. The pay is good and their facility is amazing. I have worked there for 3 months and so far I don't have any complaints.
Pros
Discounts
always busy
Assembler tester (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CANovember 30, 2017
HME is a great company to work for there is job security, i love the people I work with they are my work family, but they are moving to carlsbad, and changing the schedule 30 minute that what I'm already used to, meaning i have to get up from bed at 3am
Pros
Job Stability
Cons
waking up at 3am
Friendly work environment
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Poway, CASeptember 29, 2017
Coworkers were friendly. Very little supervision and very little training. Little feedback or guidance from management. Work did not match level of position. Work level too low could have been performed by technician, did not require enginner.
It was a great place to work
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  PowayJune 1, 2017
Honestly im just trying to post my resume, and indeed is not letting me update my info without writting a story about a company I previously worked for
Great Company
Tech Support Representative II (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAFebruary 15, 2017
HME was a great company to work for. They have 401k, good medical and pay for sports leagues. The only reason I left is they were moving to Carlsbad. One of the cons of working there is the lack of socialization. You are constantly on the phones and to make sure they are covered at all time you're never on break at the same time as your coworkers.
Pros
Medical, Sports, Appreciated Employees, Good Pay
Cons
No socializing, working holidays, somewhat stressful
Privately held company still working to a 1970's higherarchy.
Buyer/Planner (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAJune 6, 2016
This company was privately held, and not much room to grow. Immediate management was hard to work with. I did enjoy my co-workers. I most enjoyed working with suppliers.
Pros
Great bonuses.
Cons
Excellent company to work for.
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Poway, CANovember 4, 2015
This is a strong and growing company which places a high value value on employees. Training and advancement is available to all employees. Excellent Human Resource Department provides fun and healthy activities for employees.

Want to know more about HME?

Ask a question
Productive and Enjoyable place to work
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 9, 2015
A great place to work with supportive coworkers and management. The company sponsors many extracurrilar activities like basketball, softball, bowling and other activities for its employees.
Productive and fun work place.
Administrative Clerk-Engineering Department (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAJune 27, 2015
I enjoyed working at HME and learning about their products as well as working with different people and personalities within the Engineering Department and company overall.
Fun place to work at
Assembler/Tester (Current Employee) –  Poway, CAFebruary 12, 2015
People are great, management is also great, and the best part is that you have to opportunity to move up in the company! Always busy so it never gets boring.
Electronic Production
Assembler II (Former Employee) –  Poway, CANovember 19, 2014
Well a typical day at work is trying to change the 1st shift asking regarding the products needed to finish a certain product and all the necessary parts needed and the proper documentation. In regards to management it is ok they provide good compensation to the permanent work force. My co-workers are all nice.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Supervised repair techs on two shifts
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Poway, CA 92064November 13, 2014
Coordinated work flow for techs on two shifts, hired, trained, displined, reviewed annually,
Also coordinated recieving team.
Pros
Great co workers, Face paced, Benifits, Customer driven
Cons
New management, Culture shift
A great business to work for
Tech Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAFebruary 11, 2014
Although I was hired on as a Temp and Did not get to advance to full time, I would say that the environment and staff was very high. I would have loved to continue my career with them.
Pros
great benefits, great management
Cons
HME is a great place to work with opportunity for advancement
Customer Support Engineer / Trainer (Current Employee) –  Poway, CAJuly 24, 2013
HME makes a great effort to provide leadership and support for all positions, they still manage to provide a "family" work enviorment. My position interfaces with not only external customers but internal as well.
Pros
Well established company, opportunity for advancement
Small Company
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Wyoming, MIJune 19, 2013
Nice People. Small family atmosphere. It good to know that you are building a product that will save people's lives.
good luck getting in
assembler (Former Employee) –  powayMarch 23, 2013
This company will fire you if you get too old and won't hire you even though you have worked in the field and soldered your whole life. If your experience is from a few years back they say your experience isn't current enough. If you tell them you can pass any tests they wanna give you, they just keep repeating your experience isn't current enough. What the ....?
Pros
co-workers and managers are really nice
Cons
big head honchos suck as does hiring team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HME. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2