HMI Cardinal

HMI Cardinal Employee Reviews

United States39 reviews
Featured review
HMI Cardinal selected this as a representative review
Cardinal shower enclosures is a great place to work. Theyre more of a family than they are just co workers. The pay is good and as long as your attendance and work ethic are where they need to be they are always willing to work with you.
This is the place were humans get hired to die inside as a human… No appreciation and $.25 raises per year. I highly suggest you stay far far away from this company! And people drink on the job!!
Cons
Out of the four years I worked for HMI Cardinal only the first year was enjoyable. After managment changed the company became more and more difficult to work for. Tasks that were once handled by other departments were handed off to drivers and no additional time was given to accomplish said new tasks. Furthermore managment became more and more indifferent to the needs of the drivers.
I loved the machine I operated it challenged me which made me want to succeed even more! However management needs major improvement. There is alot of bad management!
Billing is nothing more than data entry. Daily overtime, sometimes mandatory. Repetitious and boring work. No training to speak of. They just expect you to figure it out as you go. Billing supervisor is a nice man, but the job itself is terrible.
Pros
Vacation can be taken hourly.
Cons
Repetitious work.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
After clocking in at 8:00 AM each day the file clerks would check for faxes and sort them and send them to the various departments where they went to.Then searched the files on computer to send them to various sales people when requested and then filed documents away when sales people finished with them.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
After they were bought out things started changing people were quitting or getting fired. They expect you to work 60 plus hours a week and doesn't care if you get to spend any time with your family. Management only cares about them selves and they play favoritism. Not a great place to work anymore don't even bother trying.
New company bought cardinal and everything went downhill. Started implementing unnecessary rules that made the workplace unbearable for the low pay. Do not care about employee moral, management does whatever they want and thinks buying pizza once every few months makes up for it. Management doesn’t communicate well with each other or the employees. It just sucks there.
The company needs more structure and balance as a whole(one).
Working together communication. Be fair to employees and clients. Make sure the company as enough people for growing the company bigger.
Pros
Staying in nice hotels
Cons
Not enough communication between management and employess
Job advancement for certain people, raises not good at all, the human resource people never listen to the employee only listen to management, and really don't have any kind of structure
Pros
Guarantee 40hours a week
Cons
No advancement
this place wasn't the best place to work. i rather go back to amazon than to work here again. i didn't have no life when i worked here unless all my friends were awake at 5am when i got off.
Not a bad place at all to work. Very boring if you are fast at doing your job. No room for growth. Supervisor was very helpful as well as HR IN DEALING WITH MY MOTHERS CANCER BATTLE
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
No room for growth
Management played favoritism very very frequently.
Material was hard to come by for at least 7 months so production in the shop went down as result.

Sick days and Vacation days were hard to come by since they would give you 1 hour of sick time per 2 weeks an 3 hours of vacation time per 2 weeks, however sick time did not accumulate as quickly as needed for 98% of employees.
Pros
Cons
Played favorites
I was fired for my first and only call in in 6 months with the company without any written or verbal warning. Management talks to their employees awful and throws them around from route to route with no notice. Trucks are usually loaded in the wrong order and always has product missing, when they don’t believe that product is missing they’ll accuse you of just not delivering it. Do NOT work for Cardinal!
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Management, hours, job security
This company was instrumental in my education into the glass business. They allowed me the autonomy to develop my territory all while providing me with the essential tools and support to succeed
Work is very, very dangerous, accidents are often involving glass lacerations. OSHA has little to no visits. Very poor management in glass tempering production plant. Very hot working conditions with no advancement opportunities but supervisors will tell you otherwise to get hard work from employees. Management will offer raises to encourage hard work but will not follow through. Management plays favorites with employees not based on work performance but on willingness to tell on others for petty infractions, also pitting employees against each other which makes trusting other coworkers hard when the work is dangerous and trust in others is imperitive for safety. No longer family owned and operated even though descriptions all say so. DO NOT WORK HERE IF YOU WANT A LONG TERM CAREER THAT DOESNT INVOLVE DISABILITY!!!!
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
Too many to list!!!!
lots of hours , clean place to work , people are nice , nice picnics for families and employees nice bonus for Christmas and good time off for holidays
A typical day of work was an overnight run up to Vermont delivering heavy glass and aluminum hardware to customers. Usually I would stay in the Burlington, VT area in a hotel and meal provided by the employer. There was no hard part to this job, besides dealing with the winter weather in that region. During the six years I worked there I learned quite a lot. I became familiar with learning how the warehouse worked, routing runs in a logistical manner and loading and unloading trucks with the forklift. I really truly enjoyed this job along with the people i worked with. The only thing i did not like was the way they treated their employees and underpaid us with hardly any room for advancement. This was something i worked incredibly hard for and promised.
Nice work place, supervisors very professional, break rooms nice and packed with food to buy, people very friendly overall love it, work is fast paces but allows to still take a breather throughout
Pros
Comfortable
Cons
Hardly any OT
Review redacted at the author's request. I only worked there for a short period, and though I thoroughly enjoyed the job and co-workers at the time, I cannot offer a current/accurate representation of the business, except to say I'd gladly go back if I could
Typical work day, busy, small conversation, a little music going, always the smell of food. Laid back atmosphere. Sometimes customers call in very irritated, whether its not receiving shipment on time or merchandise is defective. But all in all, its a great company to work for.