HMI Cardinal Employee Reviews

do i really have to do a review
Glass loader / packer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 23, 2019
this place wasn't the best place to work. i rather go back to amazon than to work here again. i didn't have no life when i worked here unless all my friends were awake at 5am when i got off.
Horrible management
Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 9, 2019
Management played favoritism very very frequently.
Material was hard to come by for at least 7 months so production in the shop went down as result.
Sick days and Vacation days were hard to come by since they would give you 1 hour of sick time per 2 weeks an 3 hours of vacation time per 2 weeks, however sick time did not accumulate as quickly as needed for 98% of employees.
Pros
Cons
Played favorites
Management is awful, work place harassment and discrimination!
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 2, 2019
I was fired for my first and only call in in 6 months with the company without any written or verbal warning. Management talks to their employees awful and throws them around from route to route with no notice. Trucks are usually loaded in the wrong order and always has product missing, when they don’t believe that product is missing they’ll accuse you of just not delivering it. Do NOT work for Cardinal!
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Management, hours, job security
You'll love it!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 4, 2018
Cardinal shower enclosures is a great place to work. Theyre more of a family than they are just co workers. The pay is good and as long as your attendance and work ethic are where they need to be they are always willing to work with you.
Unbelievable organization
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New EnglandOctober 29, 2018
This company was instrumental in my education into the glass business. They allowed me the autonomy to develop my territory all while providing me with the essential tools and support to succeed
Very hot, fast paced, no advancement
Glass Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 28, 2018
Work is very, very dangerous, accidents are often involving glass lacerations. OSHA has little to no visits. Very poor management in glass tempering production plant. Very hot working conditions with no advancement opportunities but supervisors will tell you otherwise to get hard work from employees. Management will offer raises to encourage hard work but will not follow through. Management plays favorites with employees not based on work performance but on willingness to tell on others for petty infractions, also pitting employees against each other which makes trusting other coworkers hard when the work is dangerous and trust in others is imperitive for safety. No longer family owned and operated even though descriptions all say so. DO NOT WORK HERE IF YOU WANT A LONG TERM CAREER THAT DOESNT INVOLVE DISABILITY!!!!
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
Too many to list!!!!
good place to work
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 7, 2018
lots of hours , clean place to work , people are nice , nice picnics for families and employees nice bonus for Christmas and good time off for holidays
Revolving Door - no loyalty
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAJuly 31, 2018
A typical day of work was an overnight run up to Vermont delivering heavy glass and aluminum hardware to customers. Usually I would stay in the Burlington, VT area in a hotel and meal provided by the employer. There was no hard part to this job, besides dealing with the winter weather in that region. During the six years I worked there I learned quite a lot. I became familiar with learning how the warehouse worked, routing runs in a logistical manner and loading and unloading trucks with the forklift. I really truly enjoyed this job along with the people i worked with. The only thing i did not like was the way they treated their employees and underpaid us with hardly any room for advancement. This was something i worked incredibly hard for and promised.
Hmi
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 22, 2018
Nice work place, supervisors very professional, break rooms nice and packed with food to buy, people very friendly overall love it, work is fast paces but allows to still take a breather throughout
Pros
Comfortable
Cons
Hardly any OT
Too Short a Time
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 27, 2017
Review redacted at the author's request. I only worked there for a short period, and though I thoroughly enjoyed the job and co-workers at the time, I cannot offer a current/accurate representation of the business, except to say I'd gladly go back if I could
Excellent company.
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 17, 2017
Typical work day, busy, small conversation, a little music going, always the smell of food. Laid back atmosphere. Sometimes customers call in very irritated, whether its not receiving shipment on time or merchandise is defective. But all in all, its a great company to work for.
Made very beautiful glass for consumers, but not safe work environment.
Glass Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 9, 2017
To be very clear, this is not a job to pressure someone in to working faster just to make the company more income. Has to be one the most dangerous places to work, working with raw glass is not safe.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
Dangerous, stressful management.
good place to work but....
Glass Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 31, 2017
I got injured shortly after working there, ending my job for nearly 3 years. poor training and nobody on site to assist with any types of injuries. no proper bandages, drove me in my own personal vehicle instead of calling an ambulance.
Ok company to work for, lack of advancement unless willing to relocate
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNAugust 27, 2017
Long hours, lack of structure, many decisions/changes are knee-jerk/last minute. Upper management not in tune with employees suggestions. Decent benefit package but hourly rate below local industry norms, no additional pay for a Class B CDL.
Pros
Decent Benefit package, good starter job to get your feet wet
Cons
Upper management leaves much to be desired
Great place but need to be extremely careful
Quality Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KY 40218August 20, 2017
Going on my first year, its not a bad place at all. Maintenance is a joke most times and one member of management is rather scatterbrained. Shop is a boys club and has great diversity of guys. But if you don't pull your own weight then expect to be on the bottom rung of the totem pole.
Pros
great starting pay, overtime in abundance
Cons
maintenance will blame everything on you
Great Employees, Poor Management
Sr. Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 15, 2017
The company as a whole is amazing, however; the current Logistics Manager is not fit for the job. Within my 3 months there, we lost over 15 drivers due to feeling unappreciated, or belittled. Micro-managing is his biggest flaw. Would never listen to the drivers questions/concerns before telling them that it was his way or the highway. Drivers never knew what days they would be off as they were required to be available 24/7.
Too many cooks in the kitchen.
Route Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 21, 2017
Started out good, but then a slow decline into a nightmare.. Provided quality training.Too many cooks in the kitchen.... upper management treats you like a number. Prepare yourself for very heavy lifting.... 100 lbs or more..you better have a strong back...dangerous exiting out of back of straight truck... They shuffle you around on different routes....Chicago route is a nightmare.
Pros
Benefits - Open road
Cons
Management - Extremely heaving lifting.
Was fun at first.
Oven Operator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 16, 2016
Well the job it self was ok but I had my moms husband as a supervisor witch was ok at first but then he wanted to bring our home life to work or if we had problems at home he brought our issues to work and then it was just nothing but long bad days at work. You couldn't even look forword to having a good day at work. Well besides that the job was a good job and descent pay to so it was ok but could have been a lot better experience then what it was but I learned a lot from that job not just learning the different jobs but how to better deal with people you don't want to be around.
Pros
descent pay and not alot of over time.
Cons
Working for your mother's husband.
The travel was fun. Pay was good for this area.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY Columbia, MO hub.July 10, 2016
It' a good ole boy network. I did like the travel, with per diems and hotel stays. Lots of overtime was nice.

Was driving 50 hrs/week in 4 days. For a driving job I heard that the pay isn't very good.
Pros
Good pay. A lot of independence on the road.
Cons
Not a lot of guidance. Hours are long. Sunup to sundown.
Pretty stable job with decent pay
Metal Fabricator (Full-TIme) (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 19, 2016
I enjoyed working here very much. If I were not a student I would choose to stay. A typical day at work is clocking in at 6am and talking to my manager to get an order to work on, i will read the order and check the material to make sure it is correct and un-damaged before i proceed to assemble the metal into a door and/or frame and stage it on the cart. I learned how to use air tools/power tools, how to read a tape measure and convert the fractions of 16ths into decimals, how to seek advice and learn from past mistakes. Management was graceful to me personally with keeping my job on occasions i had attendance issues, my only issue with management ever was that they made me work mandatory overtime of 10 hours a week totaling a 50 hour work week; only my area had to do this and I was told my hours would not be reduced to 40 hours because of my class schedule in college. My co-workers were fantastic people. The job is easy, hardest part is just thinking critically and processing information to make sure that things are correct before you begin building, that way you don't waste time by re-doing a job. Most enjoyable part of the job was working on the saw, getting to move around and set the wheels in motion as the first part of the assembly process.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HMI Cardinal. Our community is ready to answer.