HMR Veterans Services Inc Employee Reviews

Satisfying Job Caring for Veterans
DIRECTOR OF NURSING (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 2, 2018
Each morning would began ensuring all units were covered by staff. Identified all residents which required a DR. visit. The workplace culture was at times stressful due to staffing. Management was always willing to help. The hardest part of the job was working without an ADON, doing two jobs is difficult when supervisory/Mgt positions are involved. The mot satisfying part of the job was the interaction with all of the residents and their families.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Very time consuming
competitive workplace
LPN (Former Employee) –  Alexander City, ALJanuary 8, 2018
Workplace was good. salary was a +. As far as management could of been better. The staff was friendly and reception was very friendly to family members and guest.
Pros
vacation time
Cons
3 paid holidays
working at the veterans home
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bay Minette, ALNovember 20, 2017
Working at the veteran home was my first CNA job. At first it was hard to find my pace but with time doing my job became easy. The most enjoyable part of my job are my residents it gave me delight to come to work on days and see my residents happy. The staff is friendly and there are a considerable amount of precautions taken by the staff to reduce incidents. I have learned that teamwork is the biggest part of the job.
Pros
better equipment
Nursing homes are very challenging.
CHARGE NURSE (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCAugust 7, 2017
A typical day at work is always on your feet administering medications. Learned that nursing homes laws need to change from state office. The management turnover is 1-2 years. The workplace culture is diverse and unprofessional. The hardest part of the job is always on your feet, too many residents your responsible for, and no advancement or reward. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the veterans there and providing them with the dignity they deserve.
Steady work environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pell City, ALSeptember 15, 2016
Overall one of the best health care homes I've seen/worked for. Friendly coworkers, never enough staffing. But fir the overall part if it the job itself is great.
Pros
No more than 7 residents
Cons
Lousy staffing
very friendly fun work place
concierge (Current Employee) –  pell city alMarch 11, 2015
I enjoy what I do its something I have wanted to do all my life, I have learn custumer services is the key , having great computer skills
Not the best company
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Pell City, ALJanuary 27, 2015
I loved working with the Veterans, they are all so interesting and very lovable. Although the veterans were fantastic the overall management of the place is not good at all. The company should definitely review there business plan and review there staff.
Enjoyed my association with this company, overall.
Director of Pharmacy Services (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCNovember 22, 2013
Company provides excellent long-term care services to eligible veterans.
Pros
Excellent overall work environment.
Cons
Communication from management.