HMS Holdings Employee Reviews

Workplace
Analytics Investigator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 12, 2019
I would not recommend this company if your looking for a long term position with the possibility of advancement. I worked there for almost 8 years with an excellent manager in the beginning but after this manager left we had numerous managers coming in from different states not knowing what we do or who we were promising work and bonuses. Nothing happened. Terrible communication. Managers only communicated with our immediate supervisor who in turn showed favoritism and gossip. Ended up being very political. I had hoped to stay and grow but very disappointed when management showed no concern. Our dept was layed off without even the possibility of being transferred when other departments were given that option. Very very disappointing after all the effort I had put into this position.
Pros
Ability to work from home
Cons
Management and supervisors; very political and showed favoritism
Traveled most of the time.
Credit Balance Auditor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 18, 2018
The analytical, investigative and detail oriented side of me were utilized to the fullest extent as I was working on audits. Working remotely was an added bonus, however, covering the entire state of Arizona by myself was an over extension.
Pros
Worked remotely
Cons
Too much traveling
It was nice, the changes made it more difficult to stay.
PR Support Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 19, 2018
HMS was a nice job to attend. Coming on board was hard. The pay was low but they had great incentives. As the company grow, I feel the care less about the employees. When the Qpay started it was hard to get a bonus. When the system had issue I feel we didn't get a bonus, and management did not give true about the system issues. It was a lot of favoritism. The team leads was not productive and was covered up by the supervisor. The longer I stayed at HMS I was glad to relocate.
Pros
an income
Cons
no growth
Excellent
Returns Coordinator/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 31, 2018
A typical day at work loved everything about the job
Just needed more money
i had more kids
Would recommend this job
I had no bad day the management was professional
Overall good
Operations Analyst/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 20, 2018
My manager was patient with me to show me what I needed to do for my job. I learned a lot of health care related issues and how to create a good report.
HMS is really nice company to work for
Imaging Clerk (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 9, 2018
Definitely productive easy and fun job... Never had no stressful day at ALL at HMS... All the employees in the department of Imaging Operations, where friendly and team players...
It had cafe in the building and the building qas was well kept.
Eligibility Operations Advisor I (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 4, 2018
This job was very disorganized from the management to the operations managers. Most of them did not seem to know how to do a lot of their jobs. Their employee relations was terrible. As they did not know how to communicate professionally with their employees.
Pros
Cons
Can be stressful due to management and job.
Great place to learn and grow
Subrogation Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 26, 2018
HMS is a great place to work, learn and grow within the company. Career advancement is always at your finger tips. Since i have been with the company I have been promoted and have excelled in my career path. I look forward to many more years with the company.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
401K guidelines
Good workplace to learn new technologies
Sr. Data Systems Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 25, 2018
Good and Fun working there. I love working in HMS. Company is helping poor people in a way by eliminating fraud,abuse in Healthcare. So job satisfaction will be there while working in HMS.
Run
Subrogation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 11, 2018
This place is very unorganized and the people as well as the manager are childish and immature they do not offer vacation just to management believes in the get in your face approach
enjoyed working there. The challenge was good.
Operation Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 5, 2018
I liked that at the end of the month when they knew we would spend end of month at the office late, that they would buy us dinner and make sure we had everything to get our job done.
Laid back and fun family culture
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 25, 2018
The employees have the option to wear Jeans for a Week and support a charity every month. Also every Friday is Jeans Day. The Company is fun to work at.
Would not consider this Tier 1 company .
Operations Senior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 22, 2018
Company lives Quarter to Quarter. Revenue drives business. Pay is lower than counterparts in different organizations. This is the driving force behind hiring from within. This allows for lower overhead cost. Department Directors do not have the needed loyalty with employees . This does create a barrier between employees and management..
Pros
IT department
Cons
Loyalty and pay structure
Horrible Management
Subrogation Case Worker (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 17, 2018
Management team needs to be restructured. They do not comprehend their expectations. The QPay micromanaging system is a joke. You are constantly correcting work others do because no one has a clue how to run the operation effectively.
Pros
Casual environment
very upbeat employment
Claims Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 9, 2018
Fast paced, friendly atmosphere, with room for advancement. Learned a lot about the healthcare system and the insurance portion of the business. They really offer several options to help the employee submit claims to recover from the insurance companies before out of pocket from the patient.
Relaxed atmosphere with a side of cattiness
Worker's Compensation Case Worker II (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 13, 2018
Call center type setting. First day training the team leader stated, "none of us know what were really doing" . Possibly the worst job ive ever had. Im glad they closed.
Typical Work Day
Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 10, 2018
On a typical work day here for me was from 3 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. for the hours that they operate, the pay was not great at all. I did learn the different systems for verification though, which was a plus.
Fun place to work at
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 5, 2018
Working at HMS was a blast. I learned a lot about medicare. First place in a long time that management was great. Made a few friends while working there.
Pros
Employees were great
Cons
Long drive from my house
HMS is a good company, however it has a lot of communication issues
Mailroom Clerk (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 5, 2018
the company never flow through with decisions that they make. to make the company better. We work for Canon through contract, and that company does not value their employees, the job is set up for you, to look for other employment. I have been there 5 years, and the whole department is new. I am looking for a graphic design position, all the graphic design positions here are contract. I would like something more permanent.
Pros
there are are lot of great people to work with there.
Cons
you have to go to work with uncertainy.
Social Work Reviewer
Social Work Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Westerville OhioJune 13, 2018
This company pretends to engage employees but then provides specialized treatment of other professionals for example Nurses getting lunches and free sweets for Nurses Week and Social Workers were not recognized by the company. Work here if you don’t mind being disrespected. Don’t work here if you want to make a difference in the things you do at work.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Professional growth