HMS Holdings Employee Reviews

Laid back and fun family culture
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 25, 2018
The employees have the option to wear Jeans for a Week and support a charity every month. Also every Friday is Jeans Day. The Company is fun to work at.
Relaxed atmosphere with a side of cattiness
Worker's Compensation Case Worker II (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 13, 2018
Call center type setting. First day training the team leader stated, "none of us know what were really doing" . Possibly the worst job ive ever had. Im glad they closed.
Social Work Reviewer
Social Work Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Westerville OhioJune 13, 2018
This company pretends to engage employees but then provides specialized treatment of other professionals for example Nurses getting lunches and free sweets for Nurses Week and Social Workers were not recognized by the company. Work here if you don’t mind being disrespected. Don’t work here if you want to make a difference in the things you do at work.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Professional growth
they think if they feed you it makes up for the ridiculous hours you have to work
Proposal Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 30, 2018
Poor management caused us to work awful hours and some nights we stayed until morning and just got to go home and change/refresh then come back in the office. It's not worth it.
Pros
they feed you good food and provide on-site massages
Cons
most work days were more than 12 hours and some were 20 hours straight; poor management
Good people work hard
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHJanuary 23, 2018
There are perks to be in a brick and mortar building. high traffic with lots of free lunches from meetings etc.
Not a much advancement and based on who you know.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
IT platforms are cumbersome
Wonderful Career
Paralegal/Trust Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 16, 2018
Working with HMS has been the best position I have ever had! I was able to put my knowledge to use and help the company succeed in their operational duties.
Pros
Great Manager, wonderful pay
Cons
Contract deal
Doing something good for Healthcare
Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 3, 2017
Priorities are often shifting and the drive for revenue often clouds the other tasks that are required for a successful company. Workplace is relaxed in some area.
Quantity over quality
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 29, 2017
Upper senior management is beginning to treat staff like children with the micromanagement. The company needs to focus on low producing employees without punishing the whole. Or the compamy can set guidelines, send them to program directors and ask if they would be beneficial. The director can talk to their team and get feedback on the policy. Otherwise HMS is looking to kill employee morale and have an even HIGHER employee turnover. CEOs and directors need to learn how to stop hovering. Thats a supervisor's job. At least the supervisor knows what is going on with the employees and in their program.
Pros
Direct management and supervisors
Cons
Senior directors and ceos
everything was productice in this neck of the woods
Senior Auditor, Government Services / NJ Medicaid (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 2, 2017
when we went back from the woods thinks became dary do we went to the cave where we had food there steaks and fish nothig more was left other than th cold cod
Fast paced, great environment to work at
Telecommunication Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 21, 2017
Fast paced working environment, great opportunity for advancement, great benefits, great people to work with from top to bottom. just a great company to work for.
Pros
benefits, pay, enviroment
Cons
very few
Relaxed workplace but high turnover
Intern (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 18, 2017
I had a good experience, but I noticed that several people throughout the company did not intend to spent more than 2 years at the company. I only spent a short time there, but I would recommend it to a friend.
Loved working there
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving TexasMay 5, 2017
Loved my job at HMS .The only cons is that they pay less but you get chances to grow with in the company. Awesome coworkers and the management team especially in Operations.
Pros
Chances to grow with in the company
Cons
less pay
Lack of growth opportunities
Reconciliation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 14, 2017
In my opinon HMS did not seem to intend to keep the Buffalo office open. This made a negative atmospher as far as growth and opportunity.
Bad Culture
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 13, 2017
This company has a high rate of employee turnover. Little to no structure and bad management. People are happy to have a job but not happy with their jobs.
Pros
Good insurance benefits
Cons
No structure, horrible management
productive work place
Operations quality analyst 1 (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 20, 2016
Worked there for 8 and half years . I was one of the top producers . I have learned that I needed to have some one in higher position to know me , inorder for me to get a promotion .
Pros
Overall good company. No layoffs. Steady work.
Cons
less pay
Las Vegas division poorly organized
IT Programmer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 22, 2016
HDI is the las vegas division of hms holdings. The company sends managers from Texas to try and improve operations, but is failing. Managers run around and more than a few swear out loud. Horrible insurance plan, 1% salary adjustments last 3 years, and arrogant and snug manages that don't live in vegas, let alone care abour employees. High turnover and many foreign nationals. think sweatshop.
Pros
flex time
Cons
poor benefits and pay, arrogant management.
Great environment
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 6, 2015
Good Company to work for, life balance, good management, career development, pay it is not the top in the industry but it is good for entry level
Fabulous work environment
Accounts Receivable Specialist/Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHMay 8, 2015
I loved working with the entire office staff. There was good communication and a very helpful feel from everybody. I loved making the money balance daily.
Pros
Employees mattered
great co workers and staff
Customer Service Reprentative (Current Employee) –  355 Quartermaster Square Jeffersonville IndianaApril 6, 2015
HMS is a good place to work for has nice benefits and the people are really great... However like many companies they are outsourcing their work out of the us.
Pros
Benifits and staff/coworkers are great
Cons
outsourcing out of the us...
The orphan child of a Texas corp
SENIOR SQL DEVELOPER (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 26, 2015
An acquired division of a TX corp, salaries are low for So. Cal. and benefits are Texas-based. Good people locally but company is in tight times, stock fell 30% so no bonuses, small raises and layoffs. Work is increasing but they won't hire to compensate yet still promising "better times" ahead.
Pros
Very casual work environment, flex hours.
Cons
Poor benefits, lots of promises but no action.