HMS Technologies, Inc. Employee Reviews

HMS Technologies, Inc. at the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
IT Project Manager (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 20, 2018
HMS Technologies, Inc. has a large presence at the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office. It has the largest Project Management contract/task order throughout the agency.

A typical day at work during my tenure with HMS Technologies, Inc. consisted of working with the Cybersecurity professionals to help manage their projects for fiscal responsibility.

I learned a great deal within this position and built upon my leadership and management skills, and further enhanced my knowledge and experience with project management and the federal budget process.

The workplace culture was pretty diverse and was professional at all times.

The hardest part of the job was unfortunately the instability of the contract/task order I worked on. During my tenure, there were many layoffs/work stoppages due to contract budget constraints.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a great group of diverse professionals coming from various backgrounds. However, despite the various backgrounds, we all worked together as a team to complete the projects assigned in support of the agency's mission.
Pros
Diversity of professionals
Cons
Instability of the contract/task order I supported
challenging place to work
Chief Financial Officer (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJune 5, 2018
the company offers good benefits and a nice work environment. the work is challenging and the company encourages free thinking. People are often moved up the chain.
i dont know much about company
PBX Telecom Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Salem, VAApril 18, 2018
i felt like they were on my side half of the time which doesnt ammount to a lot.

sometimes i felt they were really pulling for me and gave me great feedback but other times when problems came up they hid and dropped me like i was a snake
Government Contract
Federal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAApril 26, 2016
Government Contract. Not a lot of contact with head office. No contract placement if there are budget cuts or if contracts come to an end.
HMS has strong management that allows employees the ability to manage personal/work life
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMarch 22, 2016
My colleagues and I are Project Managers and I fell as though none of us are being used to our full potential. We do not have face-to-face contact with our HMS or Goverment supervisors frequently. The work can appear redundant at times and with little ability to utilize our creativity. This being said, I come from a contract and budget background, with little IT experience. Since I began work with HMS in October 10, 2014, I have learned how the IT field operates from the basic SDLC Life Cycle, to the very baseline Agile and Waterfall methodologies of software development and management/facilitation support. My team leads taught me and lead to to the employee that I am now. I'm forever grateful for their leadership. I worked very well with my co-workers, as we all understood that the end goal (End-to-End) was the most important element of USPTO work within each Portfolio. The most enjoyable aspect of this job is knowing that many people count on my to perform my duties, which I believe I excel at.
Pros
Team Leadership, time constraints ( I thive off that), figuring out an issue that otherwise would be difficult, the colleagues and friends I've made
Cons
I have not had a performance review since October 2014, which say to me that despite having no complaints (and only compliments of my work), there is no room for growth here. I cannot proceed with a career here.
Very relaxed environment!!
Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVOctober 29, 2015
This was a great place to work!!! Very relaxed, calm, stress-free workplace! Once a month staff meetings were fun! Everyone's birthday was celebrated with a cake for that month of their birthday!
Pros
Extended Lunches
Productive and enjoyable place to work.
Document Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJuly 8, 2014
Fast Paced job with the opportunity to enhance and optimize personal computer skills. Management and co-workers blended to make a productive and interesting place to work. My position afforded me the ability to work alone to hone my personal performance, as well as work with my team members to meet customer deadlines with a high quality product.
Pros
Enjoyable Work
Cons
Due to the environment required for paper preservation, it was necessary for the working space to be kept at a very cold temperature.
Great place to work!
On-Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Monticello, KYMarch 1, 2013
Best company I have ever worked for. It's small so everyone is like family no matter which location you work from.
Quiet environment to work in
Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg WVJuly 24, 2012
During the course of the day I handle documents on the computer and capture different types of data from those documents. I have learned new systems and how each section effects the whole.
Pros
quiet work environment
Cons
not enough feedback
A great company with great values.
Site Manager and Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Monticello, KYMay 9, 2012
HMS Technologies stands out among other companies. The people are so caring and understand that "life happens", it is a family based company with compassion for the workers.