HMS Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
House Cleaning
Housekeeping Maintenance Systems (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 18, 2018
Awesome place to work!
Typical day, meet at office, get with your teammate , get supplies and load your car, get schedule and see how many house you have for the day. Drive to first house to clean, finish , drive to next house, finish, etc. Drive back to office when finished, unload car, put up supplies, fill bucket for next day. Management was awesome to work for and we had a diverse crew. The hardest part of this job was loading and unloading when the weather was bad, and the most enjoyable part was meeting new people and building new relationships.
Pros
Flexable
Cons
No benefits
Horrible Management
Subrogation Case Worker (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 17, 2018
Management team needs to be restructured. They do not comprehend their expectations. The QPay micromanaging system is a joke. You are constantly correcting work others do because no one has a clue how to run the operation effectively.
Pros
Casual environment
very upbeat employment
Claims Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 9, 2018
Fast paced, friendly atmosphere, with room for advancement. Learned a lot about the healthcare system and the insurance portion of the business. They really offer several options to help the employee submit claims to recover from the insurance companies before out of pocket from the patient.
The hardest part of my job
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 8, 2018
The hardest part of my job is having 8 different dosses in the 9 years I have been here. They always seem to want to change the way that I conduct my audits and then it seems to always go back.
Pros
Remote
Cons
change in mamagement
Great place
Host (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 27, 2018
I love working here amazing people and amazing food I love everyone here. GREAT PLACE TO WORK if you love the airport. Great pay every 2 weeks and I love everything
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short breaks
very organized and we do get training for new hire
Account Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJuly 23, 2018
This corporate is my first job and I pretty satisfied except for time is not flexible but everything else I love. They have training classes for new hire and everything so organized.
Suck
Host / Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 20, 2018
Unprofessional don't care about employees well beings, very ghetto and to much drama even the mangers would start up drama, they over work you and they refuse to boost up the pay, they give leadership roles to people with the lack of knowledge and very dirty, job has bugs and mold.
Poor
Janitorial (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCJuly 15, 2018
All the employees at hms are underpaid. They promote people who have been fired for bad work and then rehired. Instead of firing people who don't do their job, they constantly move them around to not work in other areas. I wouldn't suggest this company for someone I hate.
Pros
Every other weekend off
Cons
Almost everything else about the job
HMS Experience
Host Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 11, 2018
Its was a really fun experience, they show you everything you need to know about your duties and always help when somebody need it
Pros
Insurence, Flex Hours, 401k and more
Cons
The Schedule
Productive and Fast Paced Environment
Barista (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJuly 11, 2018
The job is fast paced but the pay is good and the conditions are great. How the hours are a bit like a lottery draw. You never know what schedule you'll get.
Pros
Free Lunches, Decent Pay
Cons
Work Scheduling
Not worth it
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  EWR AirportJuly 10, 2018
Working for this company was the worst idea ever, very rude and poor management, if i could give a 0 star, i would. there is no reason as to why this company can't improve.
Typical Work Day
Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 10, 2018
On a typical work day here for me was from 3 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. for the hours that they operate, the pay was not great at all. I did learn the different systems for verification though, which was a plus.
not enough hours
Cook (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 9, 2018
The where always over staffed and unable to give people full time hours instead everyone worked part time so they could not get benefits, I asked many times but was always refused.
Fun place to work at
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 5, 2018
Working at HMS was a blast. I learned a lot about medicare. First place in a long time that management was great. Made a few friends while working there.
Pros
Employees were great
Cons
Long drive from my house
HMS is a good company, however it has a lot of communication issues
Mailroom Clerk (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 5, 2018
the company never flow through with decisions that they make. to make the company better. We work for Canon through contract, and that company does not value their employees, the job is set up for you, to look for other employment. I have been there 5 years, and the whole department is new. I am looking for a graphic design position, all the graphic design positions here are contract. I would like something more permanent.
Pros
there are are lot of great people to work with there.
Cons
you have to go to work with uncertainy.
Dealing with Seniors
Sr. Program Site Lead (Current Employee) –  Gila, NMJune 27, 2018
Having the opportunity to help take care of seniors, and feed them a well- balanced nutritious meal daily, is very rewarding. This is a great job that someone wants to enjoy cooking.
Average Employer
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJune 22, 2018
Although there are opportunities with HMS Host, their flexible work hours do have a toll on your personal life. Also, training and advancement is lacking, from my previous employer. HMS Host is a great first job or a job for work location. One of the reasons of my lack of advancement or desire of is the low wage for Managers who have to work at least a 50 work week, and end up getting the same hourly rate as my Supervisor position. I also was disheartened by HMS Host lack of wanting to offer a bonus or increase of pay with the big tax cut during the 2017 year, which was passed on by many companies. They do have fairly good benefits and meal allocation for associates. Pay increases of 25-35 cents per hour, per year as the standard do not create morale or motivation for many associates who have great service and communication skills. .
Pros
Free Lunch, For me- location (within 3 miles of my home) no OT or long days
Cons
Odd hours, unpredictable work force, below standard wages
Good Company with opportunity to grow
F&B Manager (Former Employee) –  DFW, TXJune 20, 2018
Hms Host offers great opportunities to those who are willing to learn and give the effort. Showing the ability to learn and also finish the job is often rewarded with other opportunities to learn new skills and advance.
Seasonal
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJune 18, 2018
This place is located in the Pam Springs airport. From October through March the money is great but March through October this place becomes a ghost town
Wonderful associates
Host (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 13, 2018
I have worked at HMSHOST for almost sixteen years. We are a family at the Charlotte Douglas International Airport. As an employee of a company that owned multiple locations in an airport, I have been deployed to multiple locations during my tenure to correct problems in stores. Problems included sales declines, loss prevention, and quality control.
Pros
Free Lunch, Company picnic
Cons
4O1k